Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,850 reviews matching the search
They could be areally good company to work for but there needs to be more attention, more compensation and better benefits given to the agents.
Agent (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALAugust 23, 2016
A typical day at work for me is managing the office going out a visiting new and existing businesses getting to know them and letting them know that we are here if we could be of service them. I really love helping customers figure out the best way to cover their assets and making sure that they can reasonably afford to keep the policies.
Pros
They do believe in rewarding you for a great job.
Cons
The support and compensation is not good at all.
Great opportunity for a driven person!
Licensed Sales Agent/Agency Owner (Current Employee) –  Kaukauna, WIJuly 28, 2016
It is an opportunity to be a small business owner. Days are long; but you have the daily opportunity to interact with various people. District Managers are fantastic and help you grow your business. Other agents are also always around to help you when you have questions.
Pros
You get to be your own boss and your success is truly based upon your drive and motivation to grow!
Cons
Takes a long time to grow a business from scratch!
Great place to work but takes time to advance or see a return.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sturgis, MIAugust 2, 2016
MY typical day would consist of answering the phone and responding to emails and customer requests. I learned a lot about insurance and the varies coverage's and types of insurances. Management was not there too much nor was there much training. The hardest part of my job was trying to sell to insurance to new customers because sometimes our prices were more than the competition.
Pros
great work enviroment
Cons
you pay for your classes and training for insurance license.
No support from the team above the agent level
Licensed Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Phila PaAugust 10, 2016
Must review client files, up sell coverage or policy to eligible clients, Answer all calls and direct to appropriate departments. Mail merge of all correspondence such as notice to increase rates, discounts available, past due bills, acknowledgement of client claims. Telemarketing for new client. Market management to best utilize spending for advertising and client acquisition.
Pros
1 mile from my home
Cons
Online insurance companies makes brick and mortar office unnecessary.
I love my customers and helping them understand insurance
Account Manager/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2016
A typical day at work is taking customer phone calls and updating records or quoting new business.

The hardest part of the job is balancing new rate increases with our good product when everyone's dollar is being stretched.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with my customers who always make me smile and even when they are having a bad day we are able to make it better just by the fact that they know I care about them as a person.
Pros
Can be a good environment for growing and learning
Cons
Rate increases, no benefits
Good company culture with excellent benefits/compensation and many opportunities for growth
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 13, 2016
Farmers Insurance is a desirable and competitive company to work for. The culture is good due to a very proactive approach to diversity/inclusion and much effort around employee engagement. The benefits and compensation are better than other large insurers in the area. There is a home office in the Los Angeles area, which is a large campus with many different departments/functions. This creates a large employee network with many opportunities for advancement and career development.
Leadership in Insurance Sales that excels in promoting long-term agency success through proactive marketing and quality customer service.
Insurance Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXJuly 12, 2016
Farmers Insurance is focused and dedicated to the insurance profession. They are motivated to provide superior customer service and drive sales through cold calling, referrals and strategic outside marketing activities.
The results-oriented Insurance Sales Agent with experience in automotive, life and property insurance will excel in this business.
I really enjoyed my time at Farmers Insurance!
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 27, 2016
A typical day at Farmers was exciting and fast paced. Loads of responsibilities kept me busy. I learned a lot about the car insurance business. My co-workers were happy, helpful and ready to work. The management was always available, and ready to help when necessary.The hardest part of the job was keeping the number of closed claims at a reasonable level. The most enjoyable part of the job was the customers and the work load. Even though it was a challenge at times the feeling of accomplishment dissipated any of the anxiety that may have risen during the day.
Pros
The pros of Farmers was the environment.
Cons
The cons were being monitored and compared to other employees for the number of claims worked.
Good company with opportunity
AUTO CLAIMS ADJUSTOR (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 19, 2016
In claims as a outside adjuster you will go to body shops and tow yards to inspect vehicles daily. Constant contact with insureds and claimants. Fast paced environment.

Underwriting requires continuous contact with agents to rate new business properly based on the exposure. Most of this work is done in office with occasional field work. Also, you will review existing business to assure correct rating.
Productive, Fun and Safe environment
Office Manager and Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 1, 2016
Working for Farmers has help me in many ways. It very easy to work for a company that always give you the opportunity to grow and expand. My co-workers are great and the office environment is productive. I enjoy helping customers feel safe and secure when leaving my office. Base my years of experience I can help my peers achieve their goals or help overcome an objective.
Pros
not working weekends
Cons
working with spouse in same office.
Enjoyable job, lack of advancement possibilities
Field Claims Adjuster-Auto (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 29, 2016
Typical day started with customer calls identifying damages to vehicle, locating vehicle, andverifying coverage(s).
Learned more of behind the scenes activities; i.e. shop dealings, upset customers and making them happy.
The most difficult part of the position would have to be working in the elements and rain.
The most enjoyable part of my time with Farmers would have to be keeping the customer informed on how his/her vehicle repairs was going and letting them know that all unforeseen issues had already been addressed.
My manager and co-workers were professional and helpful.
Pros
Freedom of making own schedule
Cons
Lack of advancement
The ad said customer service rep but it was really a telemarketer position
Customer Service Representative aka telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Denville, NJJune 23, 2016
The ad was misleading and said it was customer sales rep position with room for growth and once I started it ended up being strictly a telemarketing position. I worked there for 2 days and it literally was all day, 9-5 straight soliciting to people over the phones. Paid training consisted of maybe 2 min, I was given a headset and was told to read word for word from the packet they give you. It was ridiculous so I quit after 2 days and my check was withheld from me almost a month because the guy couldn't keep track of me working only 2 days, which was pathetic.
Cons
misleading ad
Good people to work with
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJune 23, 2016
Working there overall was a good experience but with my hours changing as to when I needed to be there and how many I would get in a week made it more difficult. My day mostly consisted of making cold calls for 2 different agents and trying to set appointments. I did enjoy the people I worked with and made one good friend.
Pros
Free continuing education credits to renew my license, friendly people
Cons
No benefits, no paid vacation time, only worked part-time
Opportunity with Poor Support
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 16, 2016
From recruitment to hire date to the time you're swept out the door you'll feel like a transaction has taken place. For those who are naturally inclined to be successful at sales, you will probably find Farmers to be a good place to work. Those people generally are successful wherever they go. For those who really have to work to be successful at sales, you will likely find that Farmers support staff does very little. Perhaps I just had a bad experience, but I have a hard time believing that my experience was unique.
Pros
indepentdant, good pay
Cons
independant, poor support
Fast Paced Collaborative Environment
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 11, 2016
Great team of IT professionals, many with 10+ years of tenure. Enjoyed the challenges of delivering international support. Like many IT organizations, budget constraints at times limited investment in needed technology and IT had to deliver with severe limitations.
Pros
Technically complex environment, seasoned, competent IT leaders
Cons
Decisions often dragged or were never made because no one at times took ownership, benefits are very average
New Venture
ACTIVE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 7, 2016
A typical day at work will be having all computer ready with all programs needed in order to have a successful day of work, once this is done, ready to quote, and process customer request. At the end of the day will have all end of day reports ready to start the next day.
I was the manager, didn't have any negative encounter with staff; we are adult and everyone new their role since day one.
The hardest part of the job was to attempt to convince owner that the business was profitable, even with a bad economy.
I enjoy taking care of customer needs and exchanging ideas with staff member.
Pros
Been a leader
Cons
All expectations lean on me as the leader
Great people to work with, but management is a mess
Field Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 5, 2016
The company structure doesn't lend to team building, but the every day worker is great. Management has no clear, coherent guidelines or synergy. The insurance business can be ambiguous and if you need clear instruction and disciplined environment don't apply.
Pros
Flexibility, people, hours
Cons
Management, no clear expectations, work life balance
Licensed Insurance producer
Agency Producer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 31, 2016
I produced a relationship with them as a business opportunity which involved extensive training and licensing requirements while working as a HVAC technician. They also had several others recruited into this office at the same time. Eventually obtaining my own agency number.
Pros
Supportive and offered discounts and financing options.
Cons
Very competitive environment.
wasnt a bad job i liked the call center environtment
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 31, 2016
• Sold assigned personal lines products to direct inbound callers in accordance with prescribed procedures and underwriting standards.
• Sold new business generated from inbound and outbound follow up calls.
• Closed sales in the inbound and outbound environments, meeting all sales performance objectives in accordance with company risk selection criteria.
• Consistently practiced sound and ethical sales methods and procedures.
Achievements
- Averaged 20 policy sales a month
- 70 quotes daily
Amazing experience!
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Nazareth, PAMay 29, 2016
A typical day was all customer service. We go above and beyond to be available to all of our customers at least 12 hours per day. I've learned to talk to people on their level, and to calm down potentially explosive situations. I've learned to hire and fire employees. I've learned to keep very detailed records, and a paper trail for everything. The hardest part of the job would be long hours. The most enjoyable would be helping our customers, and making sure their needs are met.
Pros
I was able to create my own job and duties.
Cons
Not enough appreciation for keeping the business successful.