Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Found 2,288 reviews matching the search
Working with the Agents, awesome.
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 26, 2017
Each agency has different views of selling and addressing individual insureds needs. If you are wanting to work on the agency side of the company you just need to make sure that you are compatible with the agent and agree with their views of the insurance industry.
Great job
Insurance Agency Owner (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 26, 2017
I recommend it 100%. I spent 20 years in the navy and I am now collecting a retirement pay. I got to see the world and enjoyed the team I was working with.
Hard work
Total Loss Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 25, 2017
Farmers has updated technology that allows their employees to get the job done efficiently. They have good bonuses and try to reward good performance.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad leadership
sales org
Reserve Field Manager (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXMay 24, 2017
From my perspective this is totally a sales organization. That can be good and bad, depending on your skillset, personality and ambition level. Recruit and sell and if you have thick skin and deep enough pockets to get started, then this could be the gateway to a thriving business.
Farmers is a good company to work within the insurance industry
Subrogation claims representative (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAMay 24, 2017
The subrogation office of Farmers Insurance is a tight knit group and enjoyable place to work. Most cons would come from the actual job itself and limited opportunities to advance. Good compensation for the work, however.
The truth behind starting a small business
Owner (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 24, 2017
One of if not the most challenging opportunities I have had, but also very educational. I have learned more in the last year about running a business then the past 15+ years working for a large corporation. Now I want to take that knowledge and apply it to my next opportunity and be very successful.
Pros
Being an entrepreneur, running a small business
Cons
Consistency ever changing environment and staying on top of all aspects.
Great First "Real" Job
Producer/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 23, 2017
Farmers was the first company I worked with that the management treated me well. Very friendly and almost feels like family. Never too busy but never too bored. You get to build relationships with customers and teaches you how to socialize and network.
Customer and Employee focused employer
Underwriting Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 23, 2017
Farmers is a company committed to their customers and employees. Making our customers experience the best in the industry and getting involved in our local communities are only 2 of the perks you have when working at Farmers.
If you have a good drive & strong sales skills you will succeed.
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VAMay 23, 2017
Need to be good at sales but the product sells itself. If you want to earn good money it is more then obtainable with hard work. A lot of time behind a desk and on the phone but you meet interesting people.
Work culture is a joke - they still think ice cream socials equal employee engagement
Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAMay 22, 2017
The only way to succeed at Farmers is by who you know, not how hard you work, what skills you possess or what you bring to the table. The only thing that has truly changed in the last 10 years is their commercial. Just ask how employees like working for Claims or Service Ops before buying into the malarkey.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Favoritism, long hours, work/life balance. questionable ethics
great career experience
marketer (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAMay 22, 2017
working at farmes insurance taught me how to communicate better as I spoke in front of many people explaining my position which I was then greeted for my speech.
Pay and benefits are good...that's it
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 21, 2017
There's no employee protection with this company. They will replace you quickly and find a BS reason to lay you off. Tenure means nothing to the company. I've watched multiple teams and individuals get canned with no logic. Employees were being harassed and HR did nothing about it. Wouldn't recommend this company to anyone!
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Constant layoffs, no support from HR, harassment, unethical management
A good place to start a career in Insurance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2017
The pay is low and there are no health benefits. Time off and holidays are decided by each individual agent. Can be stressful usually around pay days when everyone wants to make changes to their policies and make payments. You have to deal with a lot of negative people. Good way to see if insurance is for you.
User Analyst
Associate User Analyst (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAMay 19, 2017
While working as an analyst I learned a lot. I learned to inner workings of the billing system, how to research issues, where to find answers and to create a working document for the programmers to use to correct problems. This was a bit out of my comfort zone and I am not a technical person. I am more of the creative type.
Good people to work with
Agency Producer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 19, 2017
They really care about you, they are willing to work with you to help you succeed. Getting started can be the hardest part, as with any job, but they have great methods for ensuring your success.
Learning Atmosphere
Senior Services Advocate (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 19, 2017
Working at Farmers Insurance is the perfect place for the individual who likes to work independent. Once the employee has the knowledge to assist the callers, there is a lot of freedom. The employee has to be responsible for the tasks, do follow-ups and keep up today with new guidelines. The hardest part of the job is advising a customer that their request is not granted, however, when we provide information in a positive way it is not that hard because the client accepts the answer.
It is a pleasent place to work at Farmers because the employees can talk to people from all the states, learned from their traditions and cultures.
Cons
Not all the teams follow the same rules .
Just keep looking
Field Adjuster (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 19, 2017
This company is micromanaged to the highest degree. They will preach "family" first, however their actions are opposite. Management will look past the employees concerns if the Supervisor is producing numbers.

Worked in Virginia and hands down worse insurance company ever.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Micromanage supervisor, lack of empathy
Fast growing bussiness
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDMay 18, 2017
A typical work day would be answering all phone calls and answering customers questions, filing claims, processing payments. Standard daily office tasks
Farmers Insurance perks
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  OklahomaMay 18, 2017
I would place phone calls to sell insurance for the agents.
I learned how to perform in an office setting.
The management was over all okay, I just wish the pay was greater.
I had the office completely to myself most of the time.
The hardest part was getting all the rejections from people when I would call. People can be very rude in that line of work.
I enjoyed my hours and my boss was great.
Pros
alone in my own office space
Cons
The commission wasn't great
Depends on the Agent
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 18, 2017
Unfortunately the agent I was assigned to did not have a proper training schedule so that I could do my job properly. The recruiters are very nice, but I cut my losses due to inconsistency.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.