Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,785 reviews matching the search
Good people to work with
Licensed Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJune 23, 2016
Working there overall was a good experience but with my hours changing as to when I needed to be there and how many I would get in a week made it more difficult. My day mostly consisted of making cold calls for 2 different agents and trying to set appointments. I did enjoy the people I worked with and made one good friend.
Pros
Free continuing education credits to renew my license, friendly people
Cons
No benefits, no paid vacation time, only worked part-time
The ad said customer service rep but it was really a telemarketer position
Customer Service Representative aka telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Denville, NJJune 23, 2016
The ad was misleading and said it was customer sales rep position with room for growth and once I started it ended up being strictly a telemarketing position. I worked there for 2 days and it literally was all day, 9-5 straight soliciting to people over the phones. Paid training consisted of maybe 2 min, I was given a headset and was told to read word for word from the packet they give you. It was ridiculous so I quit after 2 days and my check was withheld from me almost a month because the guy couldn't keep track of me working only 2 days, which was pathetic.
Cons
misleading ad
Fun working environment
Subrogation Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 22, 2016
This company has a lot of flexibility so you are able to have a work/life balance. A lot of great people to work with. I would highly recommend anyone who is looking to get into the insurance business.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
n/a
Awesome Culture
Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Caledonia, MIJune 21, 2016
I absolutely love working at Farmers, the only issue is the hours, they do not work for me and my family. The have amazing benefits, and take really good care of their workers. I could definitely see myself there for a long time, however, because of the hours I do need to look for other employment.
Pros
The people, and continuous training.
Cons
Hours
great place
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJune 20, 2016
amazing place to work, friendly people, and nice work environment...helps to build great work ethic...really great job...
Great work environment
Total Loss Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 16, 2016
You have your own desk and computer assigned to you instead of the way some call centers that give you a new desk area every shift. They provide plenty of resources to get the information you need about your job duties, benefits, and procedures.
Opportunity with Poor Support
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJune 16, 2016
From recruitment to hire date to the time you're swept out the door you'll feel like a transaction has taken place. For those who are naturally inclined to be successful at sales, you will probably find Farmers to be a good place to work. Those people generally are successful wherever they go. For those who really have to work to be successful at sales, you will likely find that Farmers support staff does very little. Perhaps I just had a bad experience, but I have a hard time believing that my experience was unique.
Pros
indepentdant, good pay
Cons
independant, poor support
Don't waste your time
Owner/Operator of Alex Jones Insurance Agency (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 15, 2016
Don't waste your time unless you have money in the bank and a lot of time to spare. Also it helps to have a lot of friends to sell to ahead of time as there are already too many insurance agents out there.
Pros
Great product
Cons
Lack of training
enjoyable for a first job
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INJune 14, 2016
As a first job I loved it, the atmosphere had its moments where it was fun and some was stressful. I got along with majority of my managers and co-workers we gave each other respect and helped each other out.
Pros
helping each other, getting along
Cons
favortism
Farmers Insurance Experience
Farmers Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJune 13, 2016
Enjoyed the work but after 21 years a change was needed.
Market for insurance was at a long time low and retired.
Pros
Almost Self Employed
Cons
Pay Check was not always consistant.
Fast Paced Collaborative Environment
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 11, 2016
Great team of IT professionals, many with 10+ years of tenure. Enjoyed the challenges of delivering international support. Like many IT organizations, budget constraints at times limited investment in needed technology and IT had to deliver with severe limitations.
Pros
Technically complex environment, seasoned, competent IT leaders
Cons
Decisions often dragged or were never made because no one at times took ownership, benefits are very average
Farmers really is like family
Commercial Services Advocate (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJune 11, 2016
The management team is awesome. They're all very caring, and really listen when you have stuff going on. They understand that employees have a personal life, and that life is not all about work all the time.
First Step
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 9, 2016
I learned all my work habits at Farmers Insurance. I would take all the phone calls, check rates, file paperwork, and assist all the agents. Working with my father was a great opportunity. He taught me all the ins and outs of the business.
Pros
Enjoyed work
Cons
Flexible hours and decent benefits, not worth your happiness.
Auto Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 9, 2016
Farmers doesn't understand the difference between good change and bad change. They are constantly spending profits on failing ideas while leadership sets blame on employees at lower salary grades. This effects your income and benefits, but generally entry level perks are decent. The company's hiring boom 3-6 years ago halted any hopes of promotion after positions were set and they've demoted more supervisors than I've seen them promote since that time. However, job security is there for lower level employees as we are always extremely busy. The culture varies from each department, but chances are you will work under someone who makes you treat customers unfairly unless they argue enough and request to speak with management. Since I've worked here the workload has been well beyond our capacity to handle and for 6 years they've told us it will get better and it hasn't. I left a management position at a smaller operation to work for Farmers because of the opportunity was supposed to be greater for advancement and that has proven to be a great mistake on my part. Good thing you are reading reviews before making the same mistake.
Pros
Decent start pay, good benefits, flexible schedule
Cons
Advancement, work load, costs your soul, no freedom to make decisions, no positive feedback from leadership, no accountability for leadership, entry level has no value to leadership
great place to work
State Licensed Claims Adjuster / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Caledonia, MIJune 8, 2016
This place is a great place to work. It is very repetitive depending on which job you chose to do. Most of the upper management is very respectful.
Pros
easy
Cons
repetitive
Productive and very fun place to work at
Independent Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJune 8, 2016
The work environment is very great top work at. Excellent knowledge of products. The company is a very close knit family.
It was okay work
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Greenbrier, ARJune 8, 2016
It was a good experience and I enjoyed it. It was very boring at times and there were always unhappy clients. It was difficult to make an unhappy client happy.
New Venture
ACTIVE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 7, 2016
A typical day at work will be having all computer ready with all programs needed in order to have a successful day of work, once this is done, ready to quote, and process customer request. At the end of the day will have all end of day reports ready to start the next day.
I was the manager, didn't have any negative encounter with staff; we are adult and everyone new their role since day one.
The hardest part of the job was to attempt to convince owner that the business was profitable, even with a bad economy.
I enjoy taking care of customer needs and exchanging ideas with staff member.
Pros
Been a leader
Cons
All expectations lean on me as the leader
Work/Life balance difficult
Special Investigation Unit, Special Investigator (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOJune 6, 2016
Work/Life balance is very difficult as expectations are continually increased. Many of the previous benefits were reduced. Good pay for short term employees. Company has little loyalty to long term employees.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No company loyalty to long term employees
Large workforce
Programmer Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 6, 2016
Largely disorganized and unproductive. Low moral due to upper level management. Co-workers mostly fun and knowlegable. Clients are easy to work with.
Pros
Cons
Lots

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.