Farmers Insurance Group
1,318 reviews

Farmers Insurance Group United States Employee Reviews

Solid Insurance Company
Catastrophe Response Team Claim Representative (Former Employee), VirtualMay 1, 2015
As far as insurance companies go, this one would be the best one for which to work in the claims department. The benefits and compensation package was much better than others that I have seen.
Productive work place with many great networking opportunities
Senior Service Advocate // Direct Services (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMay 1, 2015
Pros: Hands off management
Cons: reactive leadership
On a typical day I review customers home and auto policies to help resolve any customer complaints or concerns. I enjoy helping our customers alleviate there concerns and expand our relationship with them. I love that my management team gives me the freedom to do what is best for the customer.
Stay Away!!!!!!!!
Attorney, New York Staff Counsel (Former Employee), NY, NYApril 30, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Terrible Management
The managers are incompetent and have no business being in charge of other people. They will lie to your face, make false promises and do anything necessary to make themselves look good at the expense of everyone else. The nastier the manager the more they get promoted!! This company is composed of control freaks who try to dictate your behavior in the office and in your private life out of the office. The other attorneys are a bunch of backstabbers who cannot be trusted.
Don't bother with this place
Total Loss Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 30, 2015
Pros: It's a job
Cons: Sorry leadership
Over the last few years, Farmers got a very corrupt CEO. He has successfully brought the company down to his level.

I was in the Total Loss Department. Working in this department is like being a male prison inmate who is asked to bend over to pick up a bar of soap in the shower. That is the type of regard the Total Loss supervisors and managers show for their employees.

The supervisors and managers would conspire against the employees. Coworkers would snitch on each other. Nobody could really trust the other person. About every week, someone was being fired for no known reason except for the fact that either the supervisor or manager did not want them anymore. There was always a large number of people who were quitting just because the Total Loss department was such a suck department.

Being fired was an epidemic in that department. That department was always bringing in new people, but not many lasted long. While working at Farmers, I knew of people who had long tenure and an excellent work history transfer to the Total Loss department, and all of a sudden they were fired without cause. When a department has such a massive turnover, the problem is probably not with the employees that are being hired, but the problem is probably with the management of the department. Frankly, all of the Total Loss supervisors and managers should be thrown in the shred pile.
productive work place
Asset Associate (Former Employee), Chino, CAApril 29, 2015
This was a contracted position and the work was very high tempo. A typical day was fool of hard work but the upper management was good and kept us busy with work.
Framers Insurance is a good Company
Sr. CSR, California (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Great place to learn the insurance industry
Cons: Can take a toll on you emotionally
I learned the entire insurance industry. Co-workers were very nice and helpful. Management was helpful but sometimes lacked the skills or information needed to train or assist employees.
productivity and fun
Receptionist (Former Employee), Memphis TnApril 28, 2015
Pros: free lunches and pay
Cons: hours and upward to advance
great work enviorement fast paced must be able to multi tasks must be customer orientated must be friendly able to catch on quickly must be computer knowledge .
Easy job, with amazing workers and people
Assistant to my agent as well as cold caller (Former Employee), Woods Cross, UTApril 28, 2015
I work at 5 o'clock and get out my list of people to call in the area to talk about what insurance they have and what farmers could do for them if their insurance didn't cover it.
Its okay
CSA (Current Employee), Olathe, KSApril 27, 2015
Pros: Food vendors every day as to not deal with the busy traffic that comes with work location, themed days, lots of CSA activities and moral boosters, yearly bonuses, holiday parties and give aways
Cons: Office politics, drama, not much opportunity for advancement due to seniority or educational requirements.
Lots of calls, people are very nice and willing to help. Lots of information, many systems to navigate around. Its a good company and there are great people, but sometimes the long hours can suck the life out of you and if you get in ka-hoots with the wrong people, your work and social life could be filled with nothing but drama.
Data entry
Customer Service (Former Employee), Eugene, ORApril 27, 2015
I was in charge of making sure all the data entry was in the computer as well as in the files. I would file all paperwork for the day.
wonderful place
Customer Service (Former Employee), ann arbor, miApril 26, 2015
This was the best place that I have ever worked. The environment was great the co-workers were wonderful and the clients were great.
Everyday was different so that kept it exciting. You got to know the clients and knew how to help them.
great place to work
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Brea, CAApril 25, 2015
Pros: friendly coworkers, lots of help when you are starting out, weekly sales meetings with food, lots of opportunities to win stuff, can work whenever you like during the day
Cons: fully responsible for yourself, extremely competitive
everyone at the office i worked at was very nice. they all were helping me in the beginning and gave me great advice. i learned alot about difference sales and marketing techniques in the 2 years i was there.
BENEFITS TO LIMITED CHANGE OF STRUCTURE TO OFTEN
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSApril 24, 2015
NO BIG SUPPORT FOR BILINGUAL QUESTIONS, THE COVERAGE CHANGE TO OFTEN AND DIFFERENT CRITERIA FOR EACH CUSTOMER, POOR MANAGMENT
Good working environment
Agent Assistant (Current Employee), Longmont, CoApril 16, 2015
Good office working environment and flexible hours and ability to advance within the company. Telemarketing and selling abilities are very helpful and will help get you additional income.
Android Developer (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAApril 16, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
Incredible Company
Receptionist / Marketing (Former Employee), Ozark, MOApril 15, 2015
I literally started from the very bottom, and Farmers wanted to make the most of my time with them. Their a truly loving and supporting Company that wants nothing but to see their employees happy and new Family members (customers) completely covered.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Grand Junction, COApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great boss
Cons: I didn't get to work with him long enough
This job offered me a lot of autonomy and gave me the ability to learn some new things. I liked the work and the people I worked with. It was a fund environment and productive.
Family oriented office
Marketing Rep/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Oroville, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Work around home life to a degree, Awesome staff
Cons: some staff members seem to micro manage, get upset if things are not done in a particular way or time.
I worked for Farmers Insurance for 18 months. They have always treated me like I was one of their own. Any time I had any personal home life issues with my children, they would work around my schedule. They taught me everything I know about the Insurance industry. I will really miss working with Mark and his dedicated team and I appreciate all the opportunities they have given me!
Stressful Job
Office Manager/Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 15, 2015
Took on a role of many while working there from recruiter, manager, IT person, Admin, Customer Service and so on. I never saw my pay increase although I did see my work load increase significantly.
Constant Flow
Document Expeditor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKApril 14, 2015
Was responsible for data entry of paperwork sent out, and returned in the claim process. Would process thousands of documents a day. Pare and electronic.

1 2 3 4 5

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Salaries

Senior Customer Service Representative
$36,531 per year

Farmers Insurance Group Photos

Farmers Insurance
Opportunity of a lifetime.
Blue Vase Award Recipient