Farmers Insurance Group
1,252 reviews

Farmers Insurance Group Employer Reviews

Gracious benefits and handsome wages
Sr. Programmer - Rulebase Application Development (Current Employee), Caledonia, MIMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: the work culture and management styles vary from department to deparment
Farmers Insurance is a high quality company to work for. They offer handsome wages and benefits that many companies have stopped offering.
Not a great place to work. Very inactive, boring job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Malden, MOFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: The hours.
Cons: Pay, Benefits, Managment
I've worked here for 5 months, and I can't say there's very much I enjoy about this job. Maybe its my particular office, but it's horrible.
All lines insurance agency
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Current Employee), Milton-Freewater, ORFebruary 24, 2015
We offer all lines of insurance and customer support. We have two agents in the office, myself and a file clerk. The environment is fun, enjoyable and a welcoming place to do business as well as be employed. My duties vary everyday. Whether it's filing a claim, selling insurance or answering the phone the customer is the top priority.
Long hours with lousy pay!
Independent Agent (Former Employee), Beaverton OregonFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: setting your own hours
Cons: long hours with little money
Farmers has good products but being an Independent agent is tough work! Long hours making calls daily and you work on commission only. You have to live at the office to make sales and Farmers does not make it easy since they hire people all the time. You have to compete against other agents and if you don't keep an eye out they will take sales from you. Farmers LOANS you money once you make it past all the red tape and if you don't make your goal you have to start paying it back. Benefits are expensive and competition is fierce from other companies. IF you decide to try this have a lot of money on hand to spend as you will need it.
Administrative Assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Abilene TexasFebruary 20, 2015
I enjoyed my time as an administrative assistant and enjoyed the people that I worked with. I continue to have a relationship with my past co-workers and clients that I met during this time.
Good people
Claims Representative (Former Employee), 1234 So. CaFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: workload
I worked here many years. Great people to work with. Good training and benefits. Large amount of Paid time off. 45 minute lunches.
A Versatile and Professional Company
CSSR (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: by the book, very ethical.
Cons: benefits and wages are decided by each individual agent.
I like working with Farmers, the company is great. But I am not making as much as I would like to be even after getting Life/Health/Accident licensed. Wages are decided by each individual agent.
Field Claims Rep
Specials Claims Representative (Former Employee), Federal Way, WAFebruary 18, 2015
Difficult work life balance. CEO has lost his way and is tanking the company. Stressful work environment. Good benefits and 401k matching is 6%. More and more going away from local reps and going to large offices that handle a large territory. There is movement within the company and it's parent but you need to be cut throat. Plan on a 60-80 hr work week.
Enjoyed working for this company.
Claims Associate, Expediter, Processor, Etc. (Former Employee), Riverside, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: full time work.
Cons: being laid off.
I enjoyed helping the customers, working with the Claims Adjusters and others in the claims office. I worked varies jobs over the years of employed. Please inquire within.
Farmers Insurance is one of the top 3 Property and Casualty Groups
Licensed Agent (Former Employee), Itasca, ILFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: high ranking insurance agency
Cons: not competitive with geico, progressive and essurance
Property and Casualty Insurance is linked to your credit score.
This is a major problem.
Geico, Progressive and Essurance products are competitive and Farmers Insurance products are priced to high.
I have Farmers Insurance on my Home and Auto
No benefits
Office Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City OklahomaFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: no benefits
The job was enjoyable to an extent. The manager didn't offer any benefits and I felt there was no future here. They wanted me to eventually be an insurance agent and that was nothing I was interested in.
Worked out of the District Office
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Grandville, MIFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: popular company name
Cons: rates were way to high, not competitive with other major insurance companies
I worked for Farmer's Insurance for nearly a year, but in all honesty, their rates were super high and could not come close to being competitive with several of the other major insurance companies. So I went independent, so that I could work with many companies in order to provide the best rates and polices to the public.
Farmers
Insurance Agent/Producer (Current Employee), Naperville, ILFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great work climate
Cons: not enough resources to get enough customers.
The people there are great. However, there isn't a lot of support for the beginner agent in establishing clients and moving forward within the company.
Productive and fun entrepreneurial environment
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: be your own boss
Cons: be your own boss.
I would open my day by checking with the front desk secretary if I had any phone calls or messages. I would then attend our morning meetings and report any sales I had made to the district manager. Afterwards I would spend three hours telemarketing trying to produce new sales or opportunities to make a sale. I would then attend a 1 hour lunch. Followed by any appointments I had set for the previous day. It was good productive work that I truly believed would help people.
productive environment
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 12, 2015
Great place to work, everyone is helpful and friendly.
Most enjoyable part of the job is meeting with people.
Solving peoples insurance issues and setting them up with repairs made me feel like I really helped someone.
VEry well coordinated
Office supervistor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: very nice place to work
Cons: no benifits, to high of standerds
This office is amazing and very well maintained. very nice work environment. lovely people . There is a lot to learn and you have your good days and your bad lovely hours
Fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Springfield, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Great boss. The job was needed. Making phone calls over and over again is not very fun but it needs done to make a successful business. It really helped
Good place to start my IT career
Program Manager I (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: no cons from my point of view
Great place to start my programming career as it had a good training program. Worked hard and was rewarded with good reviews that enabled me to advance my career.
Good
Compliance Regulatory Officer (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 10, 2015
This is a good company to work at if you want to 20 words is required so yes good company. Still not enough words. It was good to work there.
productive fun place to work
Accounts Manager (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 9, 2015
Productive fun place to work located in Colorado springs. The atmosphere was a very nice place. It was often fast paced.

1 2 3 4 5

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Photos