Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,663 reviews matching the search
Great Enviroment
Front desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Caruthers, CAApril 28, 2016
I loved my coworkers , and the office enviroment was always positive. The office was always welcoming as well as the workers.
an incredible place that promotes growth
Business Owner/Agent (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2016
I would love to continue there but the truth is i need something more consistent and that is the reason I am looking elsewhere.
Dedicated
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 27, 2016
Be abide by the rule and regulation of the company
Work independently
Be on the Road traffic always.
Salary base on commission
No health Insurance Coverage.
No retirement benefit
No team work
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
No short breaks
Productive Work Area
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Freehold, NJApril 27, 2016
A typical day at work includes opening the office 4 out of 5 work days, preparing the waiting room for clients and checking our computer system for any critical alerts, voicemails and emails. Work office is small with 4-6 co workers, however, management is acceptable.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks, healthcare, outdated systems, being paid on time
Respectable Company
Producer/Agent (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALApril 27, 2016
Great company to initiate an Insurance Agent career with. Great Management staff/team. Very supportive Regional managers, company offers top of the line coverage policies for all lines of insurance.
fleible
Insurance Broker (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 22, 2016
generating sales. creating opportunity. learning to becoming a more experienced sales men, depending on only commission based wages.
Pros
hours
Cons
low wages
Productive lead generating
Teleprospector (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAApril 22, 2016
Cold calling potential Farmers Insurance clients . Excellent Agents . Great enviroment .working on phones making high call volumes and striving for our set goals .
Pros
Independence
Cons
No Cons
Cold, plain, boring and tedious
CSR (Former Employee) –  Denville, NJApril 20, 2016
Was not a great place to work at all. Only benefit was having weekends off other then that,it was terrible. Was only part time and pay sucked $10 an hour and $1 for every quote you get. I was calling businesses, lawyers and people at work who did not have time to talk. And if you did get them to give you their info, then you have to tell them the agent will call them back with in the hour. Now who wants to be bothered a second time at work? It's cold calling whole shift. People are not friendly on phone. I got 1 break which I'm supposed be entitled to. My boss complained about me taking that 15 minutes. When he was outside every hour smoking. I found it to be very tedious and tiring sitting there for my whole 5 hour shift. Some days were better then others getting quotes, and if I didn't get a lot that day my boss would complain, but again people do not want to be bothered at work and then called back a second time! Overall job sucked, stuck sitting in a room by myself with no windows and calling people all day.... Boring!!!
Pros
Off on weekends
Cons
Too many to list, mentioned a lot in my review
Good place to start a career
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 19, 2016
good start to a career path that will pay good as long as you put in your time. Requires long days of marketing and really teaching clients about insurance and financial service
Pros
good pay
Cons
working weekends
Horrible place to work
Trial Secretary II (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 19, 2016
It was a sweatshop. No human could keep up with the amount of work that was expected every day all day. Lots of office politics. Think twice before you take this job. You are promised by your supervisor to teach you "their way" of doing things, but six months later you were not taught things properly and get a thank you, but no thank you (if you get my drift). Co-workers always talking behind your back. There was nothing enjoyable about working with this company.
Pros
Cons
Too many to put on here
overall okay company, some supervisors inconsistent with direction
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 19, 2016
Farmers as a whole is an okay company to work for but some of the supervisors are micro managers who at the same time do not provide a clear direction of expectations when asked
N/a
Medical Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJApril 18, 2016
I would rather not discuss about my current employer, but I to like the company. The position is just not best fit for me as a career development.
My First Real Job.
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 17, 2016
I started work in 1987. I was only there about 5 months. I don't remember a lot about Farmers Insurance other than I was in the Mailroom.
Pros
New Experience in my Life
Cons
The long drive
Amazing work place
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 16, 2016
The manager was amazing always there for when I needed help. He made work amazing and I always looked forward to work. Working at farmers made me understand so much about working for a million dollar company.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
healthcare
Farmers Insurance
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 15, 2016
I only worked a Farmers Insurance for 5 Months. I don't remember a whole lot. I worked in the Mail Room Delivering Mail around to different departments.
Pros
My First Real Job
Cons
The Distance I drove to get there
I enjoyed growing professionally with this company!
AGENCY PRODUCER/EXTERNAL MARKETING (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMApril 14, 2016
As the Agency Producer, I was responsible for prospecting, soliciting, quoting, and selling both new and renewal accounts. Specific sales goals and service responsibilities were determined during the yearly planning process. Service and sales standards must be met with emphasis placed on the quality of the insurance product presented to the client. Essential Duties and Responsibilities included assisting in the development of the sales objectives. Meeting the forecasted premium volume and commission growth goals as established with the Agent. Creating and maintaining prospect and suspect lists. Constantly request referrals from existing client base and respond to the referrals quickly and effectively. Ability to quickly pre-qualify insurance prospects for insurability and quality of risk. Ability to identify the client’s insurance needs, gaps in coverage, and loss exposures both insurable and uninsurable. Ability to obtain accurate information from the prospects; including completing applications, supplemental questionnaires, risk surveys, and other related documentation in order to provide complete, comprehensive submissions. Confidently designs insurance programs and recommend insurance coverage to clients. Voluntarily participating in community activities on behalf of the agency. Offer reviews to client’s insurance programs annually and makes recommendations. Accurately documents client files and electronic files as to coverage discussions, quotes, declination, and coverage change or declined. Maintain a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients,  more... agency, and company personnel to minimize potentials for error or omission claims. Follow agency Standard of Excellence procedures for processing and preparation of customer correspondence, certificates of insurance, binders, cancellation requests, insurance I.D. cards, and internal correspondence as requested ensuring that activities and follow-ups are set and the client file in the agency management systems is updated and consistent with the paper file.  less
It was my business so it was great
Insurance Agency Owner (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 13, 2016
The Johnson Agency is amazing. I did what I needed to do to grow my business and it is fine. However, I am selling it.

No employees just me.
Poor Management
Senior Field Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJApril 13, 2016
Poor Management, would not listen or respond when asked how to streamline daily work flow. Would not listed to reason, Unresponsive
Pros
Poor Management
Cons
Poor Management
Great place to start and maintain a career!
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2016
Farmers fosters a family friendly working environment. I began my paralegal career Farmers and was immediately taken under the wings of my co-workers and superiors and over the years was trusted to work with minimal supervision.
Pros
Family friendly focused, early work hours, benefits
Assistant Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 7, 2016
Management was not good. Terrible place to work. A lot of hostility in the office. Turnover was high.

The office closed.