Farmers Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Found 2,539 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun environment with diverse and heavy work load
Bodily Injury Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 22, 2017
The office environment is amazing, everyone is so helpful and available. They expect a lot from you as you have a lot of little things to remember in claims adjusting. But the people and advancement opportunities along with the support of upper management is incredible.
Pros
ping pong table, flexible hours, awesome management, benefits, yearly bonus, advancement oportunities
Cons
heavy work load, many small important things to remember, call people all day
Great Career For Self-Motivated People
Property and Casualty Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 22, 2017
Prospecting for appointments and sales. Getting referrals form current clients and customers service. The most enjoyable part of this job is selling a policy to a client to make sure they are taken care of.
Pros
Well Recognized Company
Cons
Always Competing for lower rates for your clients.
Not a happy place to be
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 21, 2017
nothing is worse that trying to sell people something that they don't want. My daily duties consisted of cold leads, calling people and offering some sort of car or home insurance quote, which was normally over priced and either on their lunch break or right after they got off worked and usually weren't in the best mood, Management was hardly their and the office shut down shortly after i left
Pros
there were none
Cons
being cussed out at least once every other week
Great people to work with!
Senior Liability Claim Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2017
This is a fast pace high demanding job working that requires decision making and organization. The benefits are pretty good as well as the compensation. They do expect you to perform above and beyond so keep that in mind.
Great First job out of college
Senior Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 21, 2017
Great experience and place to work right out of college. Learned a lot about providing customer service to agents and insured's. Would recommend this position to recent graduates.
Administrative
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 21, 2017
Helped customer with there insurance needs. Handled payments , renewal, account payable. I enjoyed interacting with customers and giving them the best of my knowledge. Regarding there insurance. I call myself a customer service specialist. I enjoy helping customers with there needs.
Was not a job that was enjoyed
Agency Owner/Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 21, 2017
Farmers Insuance was not in a good position while I was employed there. Insurance rates went up. which caused my agency to be in a tough position trying to earn new business. I lost a lot of money by signing on with the Farmers Insurance Group
Pros
Being own boss
Cons
Not having granted money
Great team, lots of fun, lots of learning, constantly changing environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lynden, WAAugust 21, 2017
I loved working with Farmers! Although it was stressful, the coworkers I had were great and it was a very team-oriented job. We had a lot of fun. It's an especially good job if you enjoy learning constantly because things change frequently or a situation arises that you've never had to deal with before.
In Business for Yourself but Not by Yourself
Career Agent (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNAugust 20, 2017
It's pretty much what you make it. It's an opportunity to grow a business and receive a residual income. The district managers help you start up your agency systems while providing coaching and development. The most enjoyable part of the agency development program is developing a niche and the hardest part of dealing with the program is the bureaucracy from corporate.
Pros
District cookouts, gifts, healthcare
Cons
Contracts
productive workplace
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 20, 2017
A typical day at work was always very busy. We helped customers with their insurance as well as filed claims and managed documentations. I really enjoyed working at an office and having my own desk. Even though there was always something to do, the pace of it was very nice.
Job was amazing
Intern (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INAugust 20, 2017
This was my first job every if I could continue I would but unfortunately they went out of business­čśş this is an excellent job to start an career with if looking into
Pros
Got paid fairly, and manager was highly respectable
Cons
Non
Stressful environment with little management support
Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 19, 2017
Company focused more on numbers then customer service. Many employees have been promoted due to their numbers and lack true customer service skills often passing the buck to the next rep. The company says they want good customer service but really they want quick calls.
Pros
TV and games in breakrooms; Fitness area
Cons
healthcare limited, little to no raises even for those with good call numbers, poor incentives
Difficult to Bring in New Agents as a Recruiter Here
Agency Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 19, 2017
I found that once candidates find out what goals they have to meet as a new agent, most decide it's the not right career path for them. It was hard for me to recruit when people were not interested in meeting the specific goals Farmers required of them. It was a pleasant workplace and the coworkers were very nice though.
Pros
Nice work environment, easygoing colleagues
Cons
Recruiting was challenging, not enough interested candidates made the job feel very unrewarding and draining.
A good first job.
Estimating/Subrogation Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 18, 2017
First position following college graduation but I didn't have a passion for working insurance claims and over time the position became repetitive. The amount of claims expected to be processed by each adjuster can sometimes become a heavy load.
Productive and balanced
Customer Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSAugust 17, 2017
Farmers has offered great benefits and has allowed me to get a hands on experience in accounting that I would not have had anywhere else. I have been able to build on my previous four years of banking experience to make me a better employee.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Short lunches
Relatively positive place to work, varying on immediate leadership.
Senior Special Investigator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 17, 2017
Farmers Insurance Group has a lot of potential as a quality employer. Satisfactory benefits and lots of opportunities abound. Significant growth within the company does come with the high likelihood of a relocation to a regional operations center, usually in the Midwest or California.
very nice professional office setting
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXAugust 17, 2017
it was a very nice office to work at . i had a very giving employer
he did not offer health ins. but compensated in other areas.
i worked Monday thru friday. and rotating weekend with other co-workers. I really liked working for Farmers learned a lot about Home
Owners and car insurance.
Pros
the pay and commission was good
Cons
not meeting your quota did not give you a bonus check
Farmers Insurance
District Manager Training Assistant (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTAugust 17, 2017
Management was outstanding and training was provided to employee's. Learned how to manage, train and run a daily office in the insurance industry and help other agents exceed in building their own agencies, and seeing them go on to advancements with the company.
Cons
No Benefits
Farmers review
Agency Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 17, 2017
Working at Farmers has been fulfilling. Working with the customers to grant them their insurance needs. By helping them to receive the best coverage for their dollar, I made completely possible for them to be sure that they were covered
Pros
Free lunched and Christmas party
Love the agent
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  kansasAugust 16, 2017
The agent I work(ed) for is amazing. She makes the experience better. The company itself is not good. Horrible customer service. If you work for a good agent, it will be fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.