Farmers Insurance Group
1,103 reviews

Farmers Insurance Group Employer Reviews

Fun workplace
Customer Service Rep / Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Monument, COOctober 19, 2014
It was a fun workplace with a laid back management team. I learned how to effectively work in the Copy and Print area here.
Ok place to work if you have discipline
Agency Owner (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 18, 2014
This is truly a build it from the ground up situation. Management gives you a lot of information but also sells you the up-side more than anything. Group benefits are not very cheap or good. Love helping people protect their families. Worse part is being broke and trying to build a business.
Customer Service, Insurance sales (Former Employee), ChesapeakeOctober 17, 2014
Great learning environment with new customers everyday. Learning new products was a breeze, hardest part was working with unruly customers.
Enjoyable work environment
Billing Agent (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2014
*Busy day every day but made the work day go by extremely fast.
*Coached others when needed.
*I relocated cities, and had to leave this company
Great learnin experience to learn a lot from one of the best agents in the industry
Vice President of Marketing (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2014
I learned so much about the insurance field as well as marketing in this position. I am now wanting to switch from the marketing side to the producing side, and working here has taught me how to market myself to be a successful producer.
Productive place to work
Manager (Current Employee), ArizonaOctober 13, 2014
Job security is scary. Job can be fun. People I work with are really great people. Customers are also really great! The hardest part about this job is the disillusioned executives who feel very passionate about their beliefs yet have difficulty absorbing reality.
Productive placce to work
Office assistant (Current Employee), Lilburn, GAOctober 13, 2014
Cons: disounts on life insurance
I loved the family orientated atmosphere! It was fun to get to interact with customers and get to know there family!
School
Electronic Indexer (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 13, 2014
Pros: learning, volunteering
Cons: not enough classes on the schedule for the semester
Returning to school to get my GED and start college was one of the biggest achievements in my life thus far. Typical days at work/school would be attending classes, making sure homework got completed, and learning to obtain and retain information that was learned.
Overall nice place to work all seemed wanting to reach a common goal to succeed.
Commercial typist / checker / policy issuer (Former Employee), Aurora, ILOctober 12, 2014
Pros: working and trying to get the work done by the end of the day.
Cons: leaving the company in a rush and resigning without really wanting too.
My review is employees were trying to complete a great work goal. I learned to grow up! Management was trying to do their best. Co-workers worked diligently. Hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job was the some of the people. I enjoyed helping the best I could.
A Solid Company that Does Customer Service Right
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 12, 2014
Pros: excellent work environment, large cafeteria, on site gym, great management
Cons: some days the calls you take in can be difficult to leave at work.
Working at Farmers Insurance was both a pleasure and an honor. The training was through, the atmosphere professional, and the co-workers some of the best I have ever worked with.

Within a typical day, you come in, clock into the phones, and take in customer service calls. Many of the people you speak with are dealing with very difficult situations, – more... and you get a great amount of confirmation and pride at making their situations just a little bit better.

The training and management staff were phoenominal, professional yet friendly. They seemed genuinely interested in not just you as an employee, but you as a person.

The hardest part of the job was taking the difficult calls- the calls where a loved one was lost. Displaying true empathy and working alongside those left behind was never easy.

The most enjoyable part of my job would be both the pleasure of service those in need of assistance and the atmosphere of my work. – less
Great Place to Work
Account Executive (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAOctober 11, 2014
Marketing and selling Insurance of auto, home, commercial, professional, workers' compensation.

Writing reports, completing correspondence with clients through letters or emails.

Making phone calls to clients that may have questions, regarding their policies.

Maintaining all of the pertinent records for their current clients.
Delivered outstanding service, exceed expectations and build long-term loyalty
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 9, 2014
Pros: fun work environment
Handled incoming calls for policyholders, resolved customer or clients issues, and answered all customer service inquiries.
Productive and family like environment
Supervisor (Current Employee), Olathe, KSOctober 8, 2014
Pros: positive morale
Daily interaction with the agency force and insured's in assisting them with their questions on policies insured with Farmers. Consistent employee interaction to assist in their development within the current position and their further career aspirations.

The people are great to work with and everyone treats each other with respect. I feel for the – more... time I have been with the organization the individuals I have met are like my second family. – less
It's not for everyone
Office Manager/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Los AngelesOctober 7, 2014
My year and a half at Farmers was the most tiring, stressful and unhappy time of my life. The work load is too much and the pay isn't worth the amount of work expected from you. Farmers billing and computer systems are a complete mess and everything that is implemented never works i.e. SIMS, ECMS, CLBIZ Billing, etc
no room for advancement
Office Manager (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: pay
nice office but no benefits, no insurance. very little pay. hours and location were good. liked the manager.
Fast Paced Work Enviroment
Processing Service Advocate (Former Employee), Independence, OHOctober 6, 2014
Pros: working from home
Cons: healthcare and shortened lunches
I worked from home, I barely was in the office but when I did go in, it was a very good peer to peer interaction. I was in two departments in the 12 years there. I learned about Auto Insurance. Learned the system through my different Managers & Co Workers. The hardest part of my job was not being in the building on a regular to learn more. Interacting – more... with Agents/Peers – less
team oriented company
IT Developer (Former Employee), baltimore, marylandOctober 6, 2014
Good company to work for. very team oriented environment and Farmers offers many ways for professional advancement and personal improvement.
A great place to learn
Office Manager (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 5, 2014
Providing a good foundation for a career. A lot of training was provided.
good
ETL Lead Developer (Former Employee), LA, USOctober 3, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Fun place to work
Office Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 2, 2014
Excellent agent. Nice coworkers. Have fun every day. Enjoy working with customers.

1 2 3 4 5

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Photos