Farmers Insurance Group
1,112 reviews

Farmers Insurance Group Employer Reviews

Fun exciting city and place to work
Assistant Shift Manager Table Games (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 22, 2014
I'm glad I had the opportunity to work and live in the New Orleans area. New Orleans is definitely somewhere you need to visit. Put it on your bucket list. Wonderful people, interesting history and excellent food. Don't forget Bourbon Street. Best two times to visit New Orleans is Mardi Gras and Halloween.
One man show
Agency Owner (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 22, 2014
Pros: own boss
sink or swim, don't use you immediate network, you'll have some success at first, that will eventually run out, then you have to prospect, which isn't always for the faint of heart, for a $70 commission on an auto policy.
Glorified Call Center
Office Claims Representative - Auto Liability (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits, plenty of pto
Negative environment - constantly speaking with unhappy customers results in coworkers complaining all the time.
Job is unsatisfying and majority of employees are only there for the paycheck.
Fun place to work at.
Contact Manager (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 21, 2014
Contacts potential prospects using scripts provided by the agent. Works directly with an
agent. Set up appointments, gathers information and/or transfers calls to an agent.
I worked for Farmers Insurance Group for 35 years, very good company.
Commercial Service Analyst/Underwriter (Former Employee), Simi Valley, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: excellent company to work for. good benefits, management.
Cons: when company down sized, got rid of a lot of people, including me, then i decided it was time to retire. i had the years(35) and the age.
As a Commercial Service Analyst/Underwriter processed business policies looking for insurance for their businesses.
First Insurance job
Personal Lines Specialist (Former Employee), Aurora, ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: good company to work for, good pay, good hours, very challenging
Cons: long commute
I started at Farmers when I was very young. Started in filing and worked my way up very quickly. It was a great job for starting out and the pay was very good at the time. I had a few children and needed to find another job closer to home so I could be close to my children. I am still friends with several of my co-workers from there.
Sales Agent (Current Employee), Bedford, TXOctober 20, 2014
I enjoy working for Farmers. I just don't like the commission-based pay.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Rep / Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Monument, COOctober 19, 2014
It was a fun workplace with a laid back management team. I learned how to effectively work in the Copy and Print area here.
Ok place to work if you have discipline
Agency Owner (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 18, 2014
This is truly a build it from the ground up situation. Management gives you a lot of information but also sells you the up-side more than anything. Group benefits are not very cheap or good. Love helping people protect their families. Worse part is being broke and trying to build a business.
Customer Service, Insurance sales (Former Employee), ChesapeakeOctober 17, 2014
Great learning environment with new customers everyday. Learning new products was a breeze, hardest part was working with unruly customers.
Horrible
Commercial & Litigation Adjuster (Former Employee), Santa Rosa, CaOctober 17, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: horrible, anything you can think of they do all wrong
Poor management, poor work environment, they grind their employees then fire or force them out
Well managed workplace
Agent (Former Employee), Twin falls IdahoOctober 17, 2014
Pros: i had one day a week off for personal.
It was a good work experience in many ways. I loved working with other people and solving problems. My co workers were knowledgeable and kind. My boss was considerate and responsive about any questions I had.
Enjoyable work environment
Billing Agent (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2014
*Busy day every day but made the work day go by extremely fast.
*Coached others when needed.
*I relocated cities, and had to leave this company
Great learnin experience to learn a lot from one of the best agents in the industry
Vice President of Marketing (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 15, 2014
I learned so much about the insurance field as well as marketing in this position. I am now wanting to switch from the marketing side to the producing side, and working here has taught me how to market myself to be a successful producer.
Productive place to work
Manager (Current Employee), ArizonaOctober 13, 2014
Job security is scary. Job can be fun. People I work with are really great people. Customers are also really great! The hardest part about this job is the disillusioned executives who feel very passionate about their beliefs yet have difficulty absorbing reality.
Productive placce to work
Office assistant (Current Employee), Lilburn, GAOctober 13, 2014
Cons: disounts on life insurance
I loved the family orientated atmosphere! It was fun to get to interact with customers and get to know there family!
School
Electronic Indexer (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKOctober 13, 2014
Pros: learning, volunteering
Cons: not enough classes on the schedule for the semester
Returning to school to get my GED and start college was one of the biggest achievements in my life thus far. Typical days at work/school would be attending classes, making sure homework got completed, and learning to obtain and retain information that was learned.
Overall nice place to work all seemed wanting to reach a common goal to succeed.
Commercial typist / checker / policy issuer (Former Employee), Aurora, ILOctober 12, 2014
Pros: working and trying to get the work done by the end of the day.
Cons: leaving the company in a rush and resigning without really wanting too.
My review is employees were trying to complete a great work goal. I learned to grow up! Management was trying to do their best. Co-workers worked diligently. Hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part of the job was the some of the people. I enjoyed helping the best I could.
A Solid Company that Does Customer Service Right
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 12, 2014
Pros: excellent work environment, large cafeteria, on site gym, great management
Cons: some days the calls you take in can be difficult to leave at work.
Working at Farmers Insurance was both a pleasure and an honor. The training was through, the atmosphere professional, and the co-workers some of the best I have ever worked with.

Within a typical day, you come in, clock into the phones, and take in customer service calls. Many of the people you speak with are dealing with very difficult situations, – more... and you get a great amount of confirmation and pride at making their situations just a little bit better.

The training and management staff were phoenominal, professional yet friendly. They seemed genuinely interested in not just you as an employee, but you as a person.

The hardest part of the job was taking the difficult calls- the calls where a loved one was lost. Displaying true empathy and working alongside those left behind was never easy.

The most enjoyable part of my job would be both the pleasure of service those in need of assistance and the atmosphere of my work. – less
Great Place to Work
Account Executive (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAOctober 11, 2014
Marketing and selling Insurance of auto, home, commercial, professional, workers' compensation.

Writing reports, completing correspondence with clients through letters or emails.

Making phone calls to clients that may have questions, regarding their policies.

Maintaining all of the pertinent records for their current clients.

1 2 3 4 5

About Farmers Insurance Group

Farmers Insurance is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses and provides a wide range of – Read more

Farmers Insurance Group Photos