FARMERS MARKET Employee Reviews

It was a very energetic and fun place to work.
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 16, 2015
Very productive and fast-paced. Working with people was a great experience for me. L can get along with anyone. I learned a lot from my colleagues about sales and I turned out to be pretty good at it.
Pros
free produce
Cons
Short and sometimes no breaks.
Large place with various cultures
Promoter and Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 9, 2015
Overall fun work place. Helps improve your communication and patience skills. Customer is always right. Be aware that many of the customers are pretty strict regarding what they are shopping for. You make many good in-work relationships with the people in other booths around you. Since it is an outdoors place under some type of tent, there is no air conditioning. The majority of the food - if not all - is organic and overall healthy. Not only food is sold, but artesinals as well. There is a numerous amount of cultures that are demonstrated throughout the entire work place. Timing is incredibly convenient if looking for a job for extra cash due to how it is only open on weekends from 8am to 4pm.
Pros
convenient, good times, productive, good work place enviornment
Cons
breaks depend on booth and boss, no air conditioning, outdoors
Great place, fair pay, family, family owned
Landscaper/Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2015
great place to work and pay was fair. the whole neighborhood knew the place was the go to for any plants trees flowers or shrubs, and we had a wealth of knowledge on all of our products.
Pros
Long Breaks, Good Owners
Cons
Seasonal
Fun and slow workplace easy for those just starting
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  floridaJuly 6, 2015
Good environment and nice place to return to. Would've stayed if not for having to move out of state. The atmosphere is always at ease and the customers are always eager to return.
Pros
Calming atmosphere even when busy
Cons
no benefits
Fast pass, great customers, great hours.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NMJune 25, 2015
In a day, I would check customer out at the check stand.
I learned how to work the point of sale system.
Management was kind and helpful.
everyone I worked with was wonderful.
There was no hard part of this job I loved it.
The most enjoyable was the customer, hours and the people I worked with.
Pros
hours, people i worked with, the customers.
Cons
There were no cons to this job.
Very Productive
Cook/Cashier/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia and Admore PaFebruary 18, 2015
Companies Close but overall was very productive working place for me. I cook clean cash stock and any others things that needed to be done I did without any problem.
Productive morning and fun environment.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 17, 2015
Setting up tables for products. Products being sold are multiple variety of vegetables. After its all set up, I'd try my best to sell what we have to customers. Making not just my day but the customers as well. Having a good time while working.
Pros
work at my own time. lunch and break when i want.
Cons
waking up extra early.
Fast-paced retailed atmosphere.
Farmers Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 22, 2014
Exciting place to work part-time at. Friendly staff and great company.
Pros
decent commission
Cons
very competitive, working holidays.
fun
Dish washer, assistant chef (Former Employee) –  santa monicaJuly 28, 2014
learn a lot. have fun working with people. learned how to work as a team.
First job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NMJuly 22, 2014
Farmers is a great place for all teenagers to have their first job experience.

Want to know more about FARMERS MARKET?

Ask a question
Quality Assurance
Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJune 29, 2014
must be able to multi task. thorough review of all produce. communicating via email telephone
family like enviorment
Shelves stocker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 8, 2014
a normal day at farmers market: I'd come in and clock in then I would go and check if there were any inventory that needed to put on the shelves; once I had done that I would move the food with a close expiration date to the front and placed the new order in the back. once done with that id walk around helping other employees with their task. halfway through my shift id get a thirty minute lunch. during the last few hours of my shifts I would go around the store
turning products so the label faced outward then finally I would clock out and go home .
Pros
close to my home, all the employes helped when i needed it
Cons
i would be everywhere and had to help everyone dispite what i was doing
Not to be dramatic, but they basically ruined my life.
Leasing consultant (Former Employee) –  DallasMarch 6, 2014
When I first joined the Camden team, I was bowled over by their culture. They have a training program called Camden University with really helpful classes (and though the company as a whole is no longer favorable, I still have a lot of respect for the instructors). I completed the program in 7 months, when it usually takes about 2 years. I almost always met my sales goals and typically exceeded them. I had a rapport with my residents and good relationships with my co-workers. In a nutshell, I was good at my job.
When I found out that the property I was working at was going to sell, we were strictly instructed to not tell anyone, especially the residents. We went through the disposition process which took about 4 months, all the while I kept being reassured that should another property have an opening that I fit well with, it would be easy to transfer. Not long after, a property did have an opening and the friend of mine who managed it took me out to lunch to tell me he wanted me there. However, corporate then told him, and every other manager in the area, that I was "too valuable to the disposition" to transfer before it was complete. When we had a definite date of sale, I felt a little more hopeful that if I interviewed and fit with another property the managers wouldn't have any further reservations in hiring me. The fact that I had already completed training and had a good work history with the company, and things I was constantly being told by other employees led me to believe that I would at least be on a "short list" for potential hire. Wrong. Before the close of my property,
  more... I saw two positions I interviewed for go to a temp and an outsider. Meanwhile, I took on a LOT of extra responsibilities, and was on several occasions running the property by myself. After the property closed, I applied for 5 positions within the company. I wasn't even acknowledged- no interview, no email, no calls. When I asked one of the hiring managers why I wasn't considered, I was fed a bs line about how my "punch" wasn't in business (despite my excellent record) but in my creativity. I should also mention that my apartment was with Camden and at the end of that current month (less than ten days later) I lost my employee discount. So, all of my severance went toward rent and living so that I would have enough time to pack and move. I was forced to lie to the residents I had come to care about, and was being lied to by people I thought cared about me.  less
Pros
good training program, occasional fun activities
Cons
lack of job security
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 27, 2014
This was a family owned business at the farmers market. We grow products and plants to sale. One of my favorite farmers market is the one located in Portland Oregon. We go there every Saturday, its usually very busy. On my typical days there we wake up very early to set up our booth and things. Some of us works on the products and some works on arranging bouquets. What i learned from working here was always being on time, giving out good customer service, handling cash well, working as a team and being friendly.The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my family, we always worked together well.
productive and fun work place
Overnight stocker (Former Employee) –  Lake City, CAJanuary 16, 2014
I always had help from other team members if I needed extra help with stocking or attending my duties in my part of the store. team efforts were always played out when it came to safety and working together. And best of all the management really made you feel welcome and happy to be there. My co workers were the best. they always made me feel good in the work I accomplished and were always there to give a lending hand when needed. the hardest part of the job is trying to keep your mind awake when ur doing a midnight shift overnight but the most enjoyable thing about the job was working with such a great team.
Pros
great team, fun working evironment, breaks, pay
Cons
feeling tired when working overnight
Fun to meet new people
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Highlands, NCNovember 15, 2013
manager for the store so would open open the store, wait on the customers until there employes come in. Then off to the office to do paper work from the night before. Then cheek inventory for the store then place orders.Stock shelfs and relieve employs for there breaks and lunches. Later make work schedules and cleaning lists. Some days would onload trucks. My boss was great had now problems. The hardest thing was to find people that would work if someone called out. Most of the time I would word, I really didnt mind to work it. Just those days were long I would work from 4 am to 11pm. The paper work I injoyed the most of the job
some what a fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  oaklandSeptember 25, 2013
enjoy being in the public and helping customers find what they are looking for.
Just Helping
Volunteering (Former Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILJuly 30, 2013
I was just helping out my community. I loved seeing all the fresh items.
Good Place to work for.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLJuly 22, 2013
Washing all dishes and pots and pans.For 8 hours and its was a good place to work my co workers where good people.
Productive, lively workplace with many friendly faces
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, ORApril 30, 2013
Work included cleaning up the workplace, stocking fruit and vegetable stands with fresh produce, receiving and stocking shipments, and giving some training to another employee.