Farmers National Bank Employee Reviews

company no longer exists
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Slippery Rock PASeptember 21, 2015
Great bank to work for, no longer exist. Merged with FNB of PA in 2004. Stayed on as an employee with FNB of PA. Worked in operations with this bank
Pros
Great company and people
Cons
merged with another bank
Good place to work they wold work with you any way they could
Head-Teller (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Cynthiana, KYFebruary 24, 2015
Start my day at 9:00 am open vault get out cash drawer and wait on customers. Answer phones and open new accounts. Day ends at 5:00 pm
Pros
easy job
Cons
saturday work
stressful
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  girardJanuary 15, 2015
Its very stressful and every supervisor gives you a different answer. People talk behind your back and if you try to straighten out the situation, then you have a problem.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
short lunches and long hours
Very productive and profitable company with a great chance of advancement
Admin. Assistant of Loans / Loan Support / Teller (Current Employee) –  Scottsville, KYOctober 8, 2014
I like my job as an administrative assistant. It is a keep you busy, but productive type of job.

I am currently reviewing appraisals before they go to the loan officers to check for accuracy.

I also get to go and take pictures and review properties in which loans are refinanced to make sure the market value still hold true to support the loan amount.

It is a very busy and sometimes overwhelming job, but I like to stay busy and I always have to be doing something!
Repetition
Back-up Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYApril 4, 2014
Got extremely close with your customers and coworkers. It is truly like you become a family.
Cons
benefits and healthcare
Some awesome co-workers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHApril 1, 2014
Customers were nice and understanding, some co-workers were awesome and great to work with.
Good hours and competitive pay
Teller (Current Employee) –  Canfield, OHMarch 28, 2014
Great work environment. Wonderful customers and coworkers.
Farmers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canfield, OHAugust 26, 2013
Some areas about the company were great and others were more difficult. This is a quickly growing company, however, so who knows what it's like now.
Very Professional workplace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAMay 20, 2013
While in this postion my daily routines consisted of balancing my drawer and the vault. I had to process customer transactions such as deposits, withdrawls, transfers, opening and closing customer accounts, and processing loans. Our management was excellent they were always there for the employees when we needed them. I learned alot about the banking job and there was always room for advancement and promotions. I personally feel like the hardest part of my job was having to make the decision as to if money was counterfeit or not. I worked with some of the best co-workers, we all pulled together and helped each other out in every aspect of our jobs.
I would recommend working for Farmers National Bank
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Knox, PANovember 21, 2012
We don't always get all the up to date information we need to perform our job well. Get along well with co-workers and manager. I just feel the pay scale should be higher for the responsibility we have.
Pros
1 hr lunch break every day

Want to know more about Farmers National Bank?

Ask a question
Excellent work environment
Teller (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAAugust 6, 2012
A typical day at work was coming in and opening up the bank and making sure the correct amounts of money was in the drawers and ATM machine. I learned alot about banking, finances, cross selling are just a few things to list. The management and co-workers were great to work with they were always willing to help out in any situation that may arise and never complain about it.
Pros
great benefits and constant training
Cons
i can not say anything negative about this company
poor customer service
Branch Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canfield, OHJune 27, 2012
Farmer's National Bank use to be a family atmosphere before they brought in new executive management, but in the past 3 yrs. they have focused more on customer referrals and nothing else. I would greet all my customers by name and make them feel at home, but I was reprimanded for being to friendly with the customers and that my job was to get the customer in and out. I was not used to working in that type of environment. I love working with people and helping them with whatever the problem was to make sure that they would come back and also tell others about how helpful our bank was. Banking is not that way anymore Farmer's National Bank now is only concerned about how to get the customer's money and nothing else.
Pros
good healthcare
Cons
poor customer service. too many fees, makes tellers get customer's insurance info
Great entry level position
Full Time Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 7, 2012
I am responsible for opening accounts, setting up wires for customers, maintenance of customers accounts, and filling in where needed throughout the bank. If the receptionist is out or on break, I cover her position, as well as for the tellers. I enjoy the majority of whom I work with and my job is very much hurry up and wait, pending how many customers you get during a day. The bank I work for does a good job with benefits but they are far under average when it comes to wages.
Pros
office job, relaxing environment
Cons
wages and stress levels vary.