Farmers State Bank Employee Reviews

Small community bank that hasnt sold it's soul
Teller (Former Employee), Branch LocationMay 1, 2015
FSB is a wonderful company to work for. They are very community minded and passionate about customer service. Most managers are wonderful to work for and will do whatever they can to help you succeed. Loan Processing is a tough department because it is very clique driven but other than that it's a great place to work.
This is fun and satisfying place to work.
Courier (Current Employee), Victor, MTApril 21, 2015
Pros: The travel between branches and the reward of being helpful.
Cons: Can't think of any. I look forward to every day.
I am always greeted when I arrive at work by happy smiling employees.
After gathering paper work to be transferred to other branches,
and calling contacts to see if a stop would be necessitated, I prep the car for the route.
This company has a great management team that is always available
for assistance.
The co-workers are great and work well together. We are trusted to
contact each other to fill in if someone needs time off. Once arrangements are made we notify our supervisor.
This job is not hard, just fun because it's challenging.
The employees make this job fun as well as the challenge.
I was a loan processor
Loan Processor/Loan Disbursement Clerk (Former Employee), Warsaw, INFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: nice place to work, nice people, very flexible with my hours
Cons: the drive was too far when they moved my department
I typed all consumer and commercial loans for the bank. I also disbursed all consumer, commercial, and mortgage loans. I paid any and all bills associated with the loan. I filed UCCs, mortgages, made sure we had proper collateral.
Productive place to work
Teller (Former Employee), Fairfield, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: i can't really recall any cons, sorry.
I started at this job & was welcomed with open arms. The positive out of this place was that they taught you everything that you needed to know.
Good workplace
Manual Tester (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 1, 2014
Pros: regular trainings
Cons: tight work schedule.
Good place to work.
Good learning enviornment.
Excellent coworkers.
Typical Workday
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Warsaw, INJune 10, 2014
Pros: 401k, healthcare, one hour lunchbreaks
Duties consist of:
* I open and close facilities
* Deposit cash and checks for personal and commercial clients.
* Keep my money drawer balanced while interacting with customers.
* Open new business and personal checking accounts.
* Deal with complex transactions such as: cashiers checks, wire transfers, bond redemption's, IRA distributions, issuing of CD's.
* Interact with 50+ customers a day.
* Help customers identify which services they are in need of.

The most difficult part of my job is completing all transactions, customer service and balancing my drawer under strict time limits.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting and getting to know clientele and being able to successfully help them in finding what service the bank offers that fills their banking needs.
It was a decent place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Adams, MNJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: it was a monday through friday job
Cons: if you were not family you really did not fit in
I was a bank teller. I waited on customers and did what they asked, deposit pay loans or withdrawal. I did filing, copying, and faxing. I looked up accounts and transferred calls. I believe that is where i learned my phone skills, and office skills. My coworkers were fine to work with. The management was fair. The hardest part of the job was counting my till at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers. It was a small town bank so you were able to be more personal.
Farmers State Bank is a fantastic place to work
Help Desk Support (Former Employee), Marion, IADecember 2, 2013
Pros: good free coffee, open break room, great benefits
This was the best job I have held to date. Every day saw different challenges pop up, and my department was very helpful in assisting my learning when tackling new problems.
unfair management
drive-in teller (Former Employee), Center, TXNovember 21, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: unfair management
good benefits, good hours, but seniority doesn't mean anything. Management does not want to listen to complaints. Their way or no way.
deposit operations
Proof of Deposit Specialist (Former Employee), Waupaca, WINovember 4, 2013
Pros: close to home, freindly atmosphere to work, not much to complain about
Cons: wish the pay was higher
I worked at farmers for 5 years. it is a small town family bank and treats the customers as such. very friendly co workers and a great place to work. the hours were great but being a small bank the pay wasn't that great, but I still loved working there. You cant find small town banks like this much anymore.
Not an enjoyable place to work.
Full-Time Teller/ Personal Banker (Former Employee), White Hall, ILOctober 29, 2013
Pros: free lunch once a month
Cons: too many to list
The management and employees at the main branch do not care about the well-being or happiness of the customers or employees. They also don't like to be questioned.
fun and upbeat work place.
Teller (Former Employee), Calhan, COJuly 19, 2013
Pros: 8 hr shifts, off on sundays work every other saturday, sometimes have free lunch
Cons: never had breaks only lunches
worked on transactions, or leanding a hand to other employees. its where i first learned all i know about being a teller in banking and i loved every minute of it. my management was great they always lisend and tryed to make the place as fun and up beat every day, never got angry in front of others employees or customers. co workers always got along helping eachother out and having fun as the day goes on.was comeing back to work after 4months from an accident and haveing to relearn everything and what has changed and what i could lift and handle. my enjoyable part was to learn the banking part everything that had to go with it having a fun enviorment and never really any downs.
A locally owned and operated bank.
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Bolivar, MOJuly 1, 2013
Farmers State Bank is a locally owned bank that offers banking services for small-town businesses and farms.
A very great place to work.
Head Teller, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fox Lake & Markesan, WIJune 24, 2013
Farmers State Bank was a very nice place to work. A typical day included baking fresh cookies for our valued customers. Also greeting the customers as soon as they would walk through the door to acknowledge their presence and help them wth all of their banking needs. At this bank I learned how to open deposit accounts by following all policies and procedures. My co-workers were great to work with because we all worked as a team to make the branches operate smoothly. I found the hardest part working there was that sometimes the customers would have difficult questions that I would have to get management to help me with and sometimes the customer would get frustrated while waiting. I would just help them as promptly as I could with the utmost accuracy. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the customers would tell me that I was their favorite teller because I was always cheerful and willing to help with anything.
Great hometown feel
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Roachdale, INJune 3, 2013
the people and customers are the nicest you'll ever find. If you miss the small town feel this is the place to bank.
Stable job
Loan Clerk/Processor (Current Employee), Dublin, GAApril 7, 2013
Stable place of employment
Decent Benefits
Some co-workers lack friendliness towards customers
Wonderful!
Consumer/Commercial Loan Assistant (Former Employee), Center, TXMarch 27, 2013
Pros: make friends, wonderful environment, wonderful customers
FSB was a wonderful place to work. The people are friendly, and you are made to feel at home. The environment was amazing. It is a fabulous establishment!
Best Bank in Iowa
Teller Supervisor/ Personal Banker (Former Employee), Hiawatha, IAMarch 13, 2013
I love this bank everyone is amazing and supportive. The bank is willing to train you and send you to seminars. Great opportunity for growth.
Excellent workplace with fantastic management.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), West Salem, OHFebruary 13, 2013
Pros: great management.
Cons: maturity levels with co workers is not always at 100% but when is it ever.
I have never been able to call a boss a friend but I can honestly say that I have become good friends with most of the management and the bank.

I have been given the opportunities to learn new things and I will be forever grateful to the first bank I have worked for.

Everyday I love helping the customers that come through and I get along with my fellow associates well.

The hardest part of the job, for myself, is that most people see me only as a 20 year old boy and not for the mature man that I am. Although after having a conversation with me new customers realize that I want nothing more than to succeed in life and I have earned their respect by the end of the talk.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people. I love being around new people and learning from the older generation along with seeing what the younger ones have to offer, potential etc..
Stressful
Lending Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Warsaw, INFebruary 3, 2013
Cons: stressful work environment
Management plays mind games with employees. Plays one employee against another.
Compensation is not bad, but they do not give raises. Compensation consists of paid holidays when the Federal Reserve is closed, 2 weeks vacation after one year of employment, and High Deductible Anthem insurance with an HSA account.

I was hired to assist the loan officer, but ended up working on the teller line most of the time. I was not permitted time to complete my work, and was not told what to expect or what was expected of me.