Farmers State Bank Employee Reviews

It was a great place to work and such a great place to gain experience.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHMarch 16, 2016
On a day to day work schedule you would successfully complete transactions with your customers and maintain a professional relationship. Keep accurate balances in your drawer and make sure your work is 100% correct with the computer work. All of the customers are great and very patient with me while I was learning all of the procedures.
Pros
Great customers, friendly coworkers, and I see advancement possibilites.
Cons
Not in the right town that I would like to live in.
Work environment bearable with co-workers
Teller (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 20, 2016
Being a teller is not the most exciting job in the world, but I appreciate all of the relationships I've been able to make with many different people. The work is usually the same every day, and with the same people as well. The bank has done a great job in retaining its customers. The hardest part of my job is trying to manage a transaction that I am not aware of. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to see familiar faces when I handle transactions.
A relaxing place to work
PERSONAL BANKER / TELLER (Former Employee) –  Youngsville, LASeptember 22, 2016
Working for Farmers State Bank was a great part time job. It was flexible and worked around my school schedule when needed. My co-workers and manager created a friendly environment.
Good place to work, all local employees and customers so knew everyone
Bank Vice President/branch manager (Former Employee) –  Eustis, NEJanuary 27, 2016
Farmers State Bank was purchased in 2004 by First Bank and Trust in Cozad, NE.

Good place to work, very community oriented.

Small bank so had opportunity to do most banking related activities as well as Ag Loan officer.
Pros
Small community
Productive workplace.
TEMP. HELP/ BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GADecember 1, 2015
I really enjoyed working at my bank, my co workers were so easy to get along with and they accepted me as their own from the beginning and I really loved that. I didn't have much problem learning the job and if I did have a question I knew they wouldn't mind helping me.
Pros
Customer Service.
Cons
None.
Very good bank with hardworking co workers and a generous owner.
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Marion, IL 62959August 2, 2015
Help loan customers in the bank and over the phone. This is a very busy community bank with an good reputation for helping customers. As a result, I have gained a lot of experience with a wide range of loans. Assist other loan officers with loan write ups including financial analysis and recommendation. Collect past due loans when time permits. The hardest part is trying to balance all job duties.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits.
Cons
Long hours.
This is fun and satisfying place to work.
Courier (Current Employee) –  Victor, MTApril 21, 2015
I am always greeted when I arrive at work by happy smiling employees.
After gathering paper work to be transferred to other branches,
and calling contacts to see if a stop would be necessitated, I prep the car for the route.
This company has a great management team that is always available
for assistance.
The co-workers are great and work well together. We are trusted to
contact each other to fill in if someone needs time off. Once arrangements are made we notify our supervisor.
This job is not hard, just fun because it's challenging.
The employees make this job fun as well as the challenge.
Pros
The travel between branches and the reward of being helpful.
Cons
Can't think of any. I look forward to every day.
Small community bank that hasnt sold it's soul
Teller (Former Employee) –  Branch LocationMay 1, 2015
FSB is a wonderful company to work for. They are very community minded and passionate about customer service. Most managers are wonderful to work for and will do whatever they can to help you succeed. Loan Processing is a tough department because it is very clique driven but other than that it's a great place to work.
I was a loan processor
Loan Processor/Loan Disbursement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 23, 2015
I typed all consumer and commercial loans for the bank. I also disbursed all consumer, commercial, and mortgage loans. I paid any and all bills associated with the loan. I filed UCCs, mortgages, made sure we had proper collateral.
Pros
nice place to work, nice people, very flexible with my hours
Cons
the drive was too far when they moved my department
It was a decent place to work
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Adams, MNJanuary 22, 2014
I was a bank teller. I waited on customers and did what they asked, deposit pay loans or withdrawal. I did filing, copying, and faxing. I looked up accounts and transferred calls. I believe that is where i learned my phone skills, and office skills. My coworkers were fine to work with. The management was fair. The hardest part of the job was counting my till at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers. It was a small town bank so you were able to be more personal.
Pros
it was a monday through friday job
Cons
if you were not family you really did not fit in
Stressful
Lending Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 3, 2013
Management plays mind games with employees. Plays one employee against another.
Compensation is not bad, but they do not give raises. Compensation consists of paid holidays when the Federal Reserve is closed, 2 weeks vacation after one year of employment, and High Deductible Anthem insurance with an HSA account.

I was hired to assist the loan officer, but ended up working on the teller line most of the time. I was not permitted time to complete my work, and was not told what to expect or what was expected of me.
Cons
stressful work environment
deposit operations
Proof of Deposit Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waupaca, WINovember 4, 2013
I worked at farmers for 5 years. it is a small town family bank and treats the customers as such. very friendly co workers and a great place to work. the hours were great but being a small bank the pay wasn't that great, but I still loved working there. You cant find small town banks like this much anymore.
Pros
close to home, freindly atmosphere to work, not much to complain about
Cons
wish the pay was higher
Diverse, fun, work environment great employees to work with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jesup, IAOctober 8, 2012
I enjoy working at Farmers State Bank but they curently do not have any full-time positions available. I will be graduating from Hawkeye Community College after this semester is complete (Dec. 12) and I will be needing to find a full-time position that pays more than my curent wage. I love the work environment and interaction with others.
Typical Workday
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 10, 2014
Duties consist of:
* I open and close facilities
* Deposit cash and checks for personal and commercial clients.
* Keep my money drawer balanced while interacting with customers.
* Open new business and personal checking accounts.
* Deal with complex transactions such as: cashiers checks, wire transfers, bond redemption's, IRA distributions, issuing of CD's.
* Interact with 50+ customers a day.
* Help customers identify which services they are in need of.

The most difficult part of my job is completing all transactions, customer service and balancing my drawer under strict time limits.

The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting and getting to know clientele and being able to successfully help them in finding what service the bank offers that fills their banking needs.
Pros
401k, healthcare, one hour lunchbreaks
fun and upbeat work place.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Calhan, COJuly 19, 2013
worked on transactions, or leanding a hand to other employees. its where i first learned all i know about being a teller in banking and i loved every minute of it. my management was great they always lisend and tryed to make the place as fun and up beat every day, never got angry in front of others employees or customers. co workers always got along helping eachother out and having fun as the day goes on.was comeing back to work after 4months from an accident and haveing to relearn everything and what has changed and what i could lift and handle. my enjoyable part was to learn the banking part everything that had to go with it having a fun enviorment and never really any downs.
Pros
8 hr shifts, off on sundays work every other saturday, sometimes have free lunch
Cons
never had breaks only lunches
Great Place to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Canton South DakotaJuly 9, 2015
Farmers State Bank is a great place to work, I just don't have any opportunities for advancement at the moment. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Productive place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, TXFebruary 17, 2015
I started at this job & was welcomed with open arms. The positive out of this place was that they taught you everything that you needed to know.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
i can't really recall any cons, sorry.
A very great place to work.
Head Teller, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fox Lake & Markesan, WIJune 24, 2013
Farmers State Bank was a very nice place to work. A typical day included baking fresh cookies for our valued customers. Also greeting the customers as soon as they would walk through the door to acknowledge their presence and help them wth all of their banking needs. At this bank I learned how to open deposit accounts by following all policies and procedures. My co-workers were great to work with because we all worked as a team to make the branches operate smoothly. I found the hardest part working there was that sometimes the customers would have difficult questions that I would have to get management to help me with and sometimes the customer would get frustrated while waiting. I would just help them as promptly as I could with the utmost accuracy. The most enjoyable part of the job was when the customers would tell me that I was their favorite teller because I was always cheerful and willing to help with anything.
Farmers State Bank is a fantastic place to work
Help Desk Support (Former Employee) –  Marion, IADecember 2, 2013
This was the best job I have held to date. Every day saw different challenges pop up, and my department was very helpful in assisting my learning when tackling new problems.
Pros
good free coffee, open break room, great benefits
Excellent workplace with fantastic management.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Salem, OHFebruary 13, 2013
I have never been able to call a boss a friend but I can honestly say that I have become good friends with most of the management and the bank.

I have been given the opportunities to learn new things and I will be forever grateful to the first bank I have worked for.

Everyday I love helping the customers that come through and I get along with my fellow associates well.

The hardest part of the job, for myself, is that most people see me only as a 20 year old boy and not for the mature man that I am. Although after having a conversation with me new customers realize that I want nothing more than to succeed in life and I have earned their respect by the end of the talk.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people. I love being around new people and learning from the older generation along with seeing what the younger ones have to offer, potential etc..
Pros
great management.
Cons
maturity levels with co workers is not always at 100% but when is it ever.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Farmers State Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2