Position: C-Store Manager Location: Manning, ND
Responsible for promoting, directing, and coordinating the store’s employees, facilities, inventory and equipment to serve customers, increase market share, and profitability by maximizing margins, controlling expenses, and increasing efficiency.
Desired Position Qualifications:
- 5 years of retail Management experience
- 5 years of other nonretail transferrable Management experience
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficient computer skills
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with General Manager to set up goals and objectives for the C-Store.
- Able to perform essential job functions as required, with minimal supervision.
- Communicate the company goals and objectives to employees.
- Set up a plan of action for developing and increasing sales to customers.
- Hire, motivate and evaluate an efficient employee staff to efficiently serve C-Store customers and create a team environment.
- Ensure that the store maintains hours of operation as posted, operates within established inventory levels, salary budgets (and other controllable), and gross profit margins, to achieve maximum profitability
- Regularly complete price surveys of the competition and observes competitors for changes.
- Promote Farmers Union Oil through newsletter, direct mailings, newspaper, radio, etc.
- Maintain store image and a clean safe environment for employees to work and customers to shop.
- Maintain an employee structure to give prompt service to customers and exceed customer service expectations..
- Set up and coordinate product training meetings for the store employees.
- Maintain a pricing structure to provide the Farmers Union Oil with budgeted Gross Margins.
- Control expenses, inventory costs, and operational costs of the C-Store.
- Assist with annual budget and monthly compare financial results
- Assist the accounting staff in maintaining accurate accounting records for the store.
- Attend selected training schools, product meetings and buying shows.
- Assist and support in the maintenance of the credit policy in store sales.
- Work with other department managers to promote Farmers Union as a whole company.
- Perform other assignments as assigned from the General Manager.
Indeed - 13 months ago