FARMERS Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Customer Service (Current Employee), MichiganJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Flexible Hours
Cons: None
If you enjoy working with people, you will enjoy working here. Great customers, co-workers and managers! Flexible hours and great work/life balance!
Tough to get things done
Software Developer (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 19, 2015
Pros: Heathcare
Cons: no admin rights
Farmers has a whole machine dedicated to supporting it's desktops. You don't as a developer have admin rights to your laptop, so you must go through this machine to setup your development environment. The problem is it takes 3-4 weeks before the desktop team can help you.
Perfect! No Complaints.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Caledonia, MIMay 12, 2015
Pros: Good pay, great bonuses, lots of overtime.
I really enjoyed working for Farmers Insurance. The call center was absolutely beautiful, inside and out. They have a cafeteria, a gym, lots of lounges, breastfeeding/pumping rooms, areas to rest when feeling ill, etc.
Great Learning
Licensed Insurance Agent (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMay 7, 2015
Insurance agent position . They inculde great training and great positions . Managers help you succed no matter what situation . great environment
Fun and Flexible work experience as your own and other's boss.
Agency Owner (Current Employee), 200 S Hillside Wichita KS, 67211May 3, 2015
Pros: Make your own schedule, Are your own boss, Establish great relationships, Sky is the limit in terms of earnings
Cons: Pay consistency, All your business expenses are paid out of pocket
A typical work day looks like coming in first thing in the morning, checking you email, and making sure you have no customers in need of any high priority services. You then delegate what you need done and then you map out you day and appointments, along with the time you have allocated to marketing and generating leads and following up. Generally your days and weeks are mapped out in advance and you have a routine that sets you up for success in between appointments.
This teaches you the value of a routine, of diligence, and of persistence. You go out and sell yourself when you are not selling the product. Even when you sell the products you have to show your value to the customer. You have to sell yourself, be consistent, and have self discipline to be successful in this industry.
The hardest part of the job is seeing enough people. Everyday you are fighting to keep people in the customers' chair, which is why planning, marketing, leads, and referrals are so key. On the flip side of that the best part of the job is the relationships you form with people through marketing and selling. The people you meet and the bonds you make make this work so fun.
horrible
preparing to be insuance agent (Former Employee), clay roadFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: sometimes free lunch
They treated the customers horrible, the employees horrible. They were unorganized, and I just didn't agree with a lot they were oing so I couldn't give my all.
good placce to work.
Customer Representative/ Marketing Associate. (Current Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: leark good sales skill
Cons: the quaters to meet.
I learn about insurance auto, life, home. also interact with clients and be able to help them . it gave me a better prospective on life protection.
Overall good experience
Staff Agent (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: learned a lot
Cons: minimum pay
Enjoyed learning about insurance and met a lot of really nice people. Farmers is a changing company and I enjoyed my experience with them.
Great Place Very Positive group
Insurance Agent/Producer (Current Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: carefree and light hearted atmosphere
Cons: cons: no benefits
Fast paced and energetic atmosphere. I learned about car insurance and customer service. Management was firm but kind. Co-workers helpful and personable. The hardest part of my job was not being able to help some customers because of Farmers policies. The most enjoyable part was that it was a fun carefree office and I loved the interaction with our clients
Fun
MARKETING SALES REP (Current Employee), Nampa, IDDecember 3, 2014
Pros: allows creativity
Cons: very low pay, not enough hours.
Its a fairly easy job, gives you lots of room to test yourself and get creative to generate new business leads and work them in any way possible.
Vacation benefits are good
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: if you do your job and do it well, mgmt leaves you alone.
Cons: healthcare is expensive.
Working in a call center environment and having peers around you that don't have the same work ethic is frustrating. I tend to block it out and do the right thing for the customer. When I see something that is not right or ethical, I have no problems reporting it. I look for the best interest of the company and the customer. I treat the customer in the manner in which I wish to be treated.

The most difficult part of being in this type of environment, you don't have a lot of idle time to venture out and see what is out there or 'catch up'. Therefore trying to improve yourself to get further ahead can be challenging.
Great company
Senior Claims Representative (Current Employee), Plantation, FLMay 19, 2014
Excellent training, good job growth opportunities, treat employees fairly.
good people but dont like the scheduleing options
Agent Advocate (Current Employee), Olathe, KSMay 6, 2014
LEARNED ABOUT INSURANCE
HARD TO SCHEDULE VACATION AND OR DR APPOINTMENTS
farm/ranch hand
Farm Hand (Former Employee), Hickory/Taylorsville, North CarolinaMarch 24, 2014
Pros: work out side, deal with animals, work with my hands
Cons: weather can either be your best friend or your meanest enimie. rain means pretty much no work.
I love working on farms. I've done everything from working with horses, building and mending fences, cutting and bailing hay, building barns and out sheds, and can run pretty much any piece of equipment. I like working for farmers and ranchers because I get to work outside and they pay in cash. Most the time very good in cash.
Management support
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAMarch 6, 2014
A person is on there own when starting. Need large savings account to invest in business.
a learning experience
Office Receptionist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 5, 2014
Pros: the discounts
Cons: it was by contract
the staff was very helpful and it was a new experience for me to work with the insurance company.
Go Match
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: support
Cons: quotas
Word of advice. Great opportunity but go with the match contract.
a place to work
Sales of Personal, Commercial (Current Employee), Caledonia, MIJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: no weekends
Cons: being at a desk
full time job a place to work monday thru friday no weekends. The job consist of being on the phone
fast pace enivorment
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Queens, NYNovember 7, 2013
Pros: helping customers with the facility
Cons: be targeted over lost or stolen items from machine.
responsible for collecting and washing the used and dirty linens for customers. i was able to work independently and was very friendly with equipments and is able to operate them well. respond to the request of the guests, supervisors and, management in an efficient and timely manner. Did not take anything personally whenever any guest tells anything bad.Try to do your job in the most efficient manner. Always proud of what I was doing.
Side show
Anonymous (Former Employee), Somewhere in MissouriOctober 2, 2013
Cons: co-workers gossip alot. unhappy environment = unhappy workers
I'll try to be as nice as possible, but this place is a joke. If you want to work for the circus this is the place for you. Boring office environment. Emotionally needy co-workers. Beware.