FARMERS

FARMERS Employer Reviews

Vacation benefits are good
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Lake Mary, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: if you do your job and do it well, mgmt leaves you alone.
Cons: healthcare is expensive.
Working in a call center environment and having peers around you that don't have the same work ethic is frustrating. I tend to block it out and do the right thing for the customer. When I see something that is not right or ethical, I have no problems reporting it. I look for the best interest of the company and the customer. I treat the customer in – more... the manner in which I wish to be treated.

The most difficult part of being in this type of environment, you don't have a lot of idle time to venture out and see what is out there or 'catch up'. Therefore trying to improve yourself to get further ahead can be challenging. – less
Great company
Senior Claims Representative (Current Employee), Plantation, FLMay 19, 2014
Excellent training, good job growth opportunities, treat employees fairly.
good people but dont like the scheduleing options
Agent Advocate (Current Employee), Olathe, KSMay 6, 2014
LEARNED ABOUT INSURANCE
HARD TO SCHEDULE VACATION AND OR DR APPOINTMENTS
farm/ranch hand
Farm Hand (Former Employee), Hickory/Taylorsville, North CarolinaMarch 24, 2014
Pros: work out side, deal with animals, work with my hands
Cons: weather can either be your best friend or your meanest enimie. rain means pretty much no work.
I love working on farms. I've done everything from working with horses, building and mending fences, cutting and bailing hay, building barns and out sheds, and can run pretty much any piece of equipment. I like working for farmers and ranchers because I get to work outside and they pay in cash. Most the time very good in cash.
Management support
Insurance Agent (Former Employee), San Rafael, CAMarch 6, 2014
A person is on there own when starting. Need large savings account to invest in business.
a learning experience
Office Receptionist (Former Employee), El Paso, TXMarch 5, 2014
Pros: the discounts
Cons: it was by contract
the staff was very helpful and it was a new experience for me to work with the insurance company.
Go Match
Insurance Agent (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: support
Cons: quotas
Word of advice. Great opportunity but go with the match contract.
a place to work
Sales of Personal, Commercial (Current Employee), Caledonia, MIJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: no weekends
Cons: being at a desk
full time job a place to work monday thru friday no weekends. The job consist of being on the phone
fast pace enivorment
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Queens, NYNovember 7, 2013
Pros: helping customers with the facility
Cons: be targeted over lost or stolen items from machine.
responsible for collecting and washing the used and dirty linens for customers. i was able to work independently and was very friendly with equipments and is able to operate them well. respond to the request of the guests, supervisors and, management in an efficient and timely manner. Did not take anything personally whenever any guest tells anything – more... bad.Try to do your job in the most efficient manner. Always proud of what I was doing. – less
Side show
Anonymous (Former Employee), Somewhere in MissouriOctober 2, 2013
Cons: co-workers gossip alot. unhappy environment = unhappy workers
I'll try to be as nice as possible, but this place is a joke. If you want to work for the circus this is the place for you. Boring office environment. Emotionally needy co-workers. Beware.
It was good place to work minus so of the negative
Mechanic (Former Employee), Hurt, VASeptember 9, 2013
Pros: long breaks when thing was slow
Cons: having to wait to get customers
changing tires , changing oil was easy .The manager there was a good person to work for .My co worker was good also . the hardest part with this job when she got a few people who did not have the patient to wait .
Terrible place to work with absolutely no potential for growth
CSA - claims (Current Employee), Caledonia, MIAugust 20, 2013
Pros: vacation time
Cons: everything else
I am currently employed in the call center - claims (not for long) and absolutely despise it. You sit in a chair for 8 hours a day, having your phone calls listened to all the time with no chance of being promoted. I see so many people who have extremely high scores but don't kiss butt enough to move up in the company. If you make any small talk with – more... a customer, you are told that you talk to much and need to just do the job. Pretty much you are a robot doing whatever your supervisor tells you to. You have no say in how to do your job and customers hate Farmer's because the price is ridiculous and agents don't want to stay cause the pay sucks. Can't wait till I'm done at this place and find a real job with real potential. The ONLY upside is you get a lot of vacation time. – less
Great People
Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 19, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: saturdays
Great Place to work.........................................................................................................................................................................
Low Stress
Customer Service Administrative Support (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 4, 2013
My job functions were expecting nothing to change but to expect everything to change in a second depending on company need.
Love this place.
Web Developer (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJune 17, 2013
Loved working here. They had other fun stuff to participate besides just work.
Great vision
Sr. Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), CaliforniaMay 16, 2013
Always trying to improve product distribution to meet corporated goals.
Good Company, Tough Job
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Caledonia, MIMay 3, 2013
Pros: healthcare, overtime possibilities, advancement
Cons: monotonous, robotic, call center environment, micromanaged
The sales department with 21st Century is going through some changes. The volume of calls is increasingly coming from internet leads that are transferred from a 3rd party marketing company. The customers are usually put off and agitated making the selling experience increasingly difficult. This has caused increased burnout and causes the job to feel – more... more robotic.

The management team is terrific and supportive. Great chances for movement within the Farmers brand and Farmers has amazing training and retention rates. I enjoy working with my coworkers and management. – less
Stressfull
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Lincoln, CADecember 17, 2012
Pros: you can work from anywhere
Cons: stressfull
Just focused on numbers not people. DM was more about making money for Himself then his agents. I made less money here then I did in High School. Wen't into debt over Farmers!
Stressfull
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), Lincoln, CADecember 17, 2012
Pros: you can work from anywhere
Cons: stressfull
Great experience in a different industry.
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 6, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: commission only
Working in the insurance industry has been a great opportunity. My work time is utilized prospecting new markets, developing marketing strategies and initiating sales campaigns. I work as an independent producer for a successful insurance agent who provides me with support and feedback on my sales process and how to improve utilizing a variety of strategies. – more... The challenges in the industry is that the insurance industry is a saturated and competitive market. Prospecting a constant flow of new clients can be difficult, especially in a down economy. My focus is on life insurance products and I enjoy promoting the awareness regarding the affordability and importance of protecing one's family and greatest assets. – less