We’re wildly imaginative and share a passion for great tasting food that nourishes the body and feeds the soul. Coupled with a passionate drive to make change; our team collaborates daily to lead the market by infusing regional organic ingredients with creative and truly amazing flavor profiles. Simply put, we make the best darn kraut on the planet!
We’re looking for a unique breed of marketer that shares our passion for food, healthy living and concern for the environment. The ideal candidate should be driven, passionate and inventive.
You will build and execute the marketing strategy for our innovative and fast growing consumer packed goods company that is leading the raw fermented food revival. Located in Santa Cruz California, we have an immediate opening for an experienced Brand Manager who appreciates the local culture and lifestyle. This is a great opportunity for a star marketer to step out of the confines of big business and into a fast paced and dynamic entrepreneurial role. You will build all areas of the marketing mix, deliver visible results and showcase your talent.
- Lead the development and execution of an integrated marketing plan working closely with sales, product development, production and finance to ensure that all elements of the marketing mix are consistent, effective and achievable.
- Build the brand essence by identifying consumer needs, attitudes and values which can then be built into the marketing mix in order to position the brand, enhance communication and ultimately ensure consumers have a stronger and more impactful brand experience.
- Own and manage the brand P&L to drive profitability.
- Own and manage brand and trade-spend budgets.
- Analyze and interpret sales data pulled from multiple sources which is then communicated to the team monthly and annually in order to plan and forecast.
- Develop annual sales plans to support new product launches, promotions and ensure flawless execution by the sales team.
- Work closely with our broker team to set objectives, manage sales and measure results.
- Own all consumer events and trade shows to ensure they are well planned and deliver maximum impact.
- The role requires attention to detail and regular follow-ups with distribution partners such as UNFI and Kehe to develop and manage annual promotion plans, tradeshows and new account set-up.
- Brief, plan and execute outside agencies which include promotion/advertising, packaging design and market research partners.
- Plan and execute annual business reviews that will utilize internal data, customer databases and external secondary sources such as SPINS. Turn these insights into strategies to grow the business.
- Conduct monthly business performance analysis and periodical reviews of the brand, competition, category and consumer trends to drive the brand's equity and marketplace performance.
- Work with senior management and cross functional teams to identify opportunities for line extensions and cost reduction plans.
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA a strong plus.
- At least 3 years of CPG brand management experience; preferably with food or a similar fast turning consumer goods brand. Natural food experience an asset.
- Experience with natural and conventional retailers along with distributors like Kehe, Nature’s Best, DPI and UNFI an asset.
- Strong leadership and the ability to manage within a team.
- Ability to think strategically and incorporate new information into fact based strategic plans that are presented to senior management and investors.
- Proven ability to be organized, prioritize and multitask.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to function effectively as a leader and in a
- Successful experience in developing and executing consumer and trade marketing
- Strong knowledge of and ability to interpret secondary market data.
- Proven project management and product development skills.
- Excellent financial management skills.
- A passion for innovative, great tasting health food and a desire to make change is a must!
- +$70M per year plus bonus & health care package
Indeed - 4 months ago