Farmingdale State College Employee Reviews

great experience
Adjunct for MLT program (Current Employee), farmingdale, nyJune 28, 2015
Great experience and excellent opportunity. Writing and teaching lectures was a great learning experience and made me appreciate how difficult and rewarding teaching can be.
Very good work
Lab Technician (Former Employee), New YorkMay 24, 2015
Pros: easy to learn
Cons: long hours
It was great work and i would suggest anyone with skills try for it. The average day had me showing up and performing my tasks for the day, once done i would help students and teachers with their computer problems.
Friendly and productive work environment with a lot of learning experiences
Work Study (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYMay 12, 2015
Pros: lifelong friends, friendliness, helpfulness, learning experience
Cons: amount of hours that fit my class schedule
A typical day at work at the Psychology Department at Farmingdale State College is both friendly and a very good learning experience. Being a psychology major, I am able to communicate well with all of my professors as well as my co-workers, who are psychology students as well. I've learned so much from all of the staff here and I'm beyond grateful for my position as a work study. I've never had experience – more... with answering phones before and taking messages and this job experience gave me that opportunity to open up more. The hardest part of my job was honestly saying goodbye. These people have been my family for the past two years and before I started as a work study here I can honestly say that I struggled with my grades. I was able to pick up my GPA from a 2.9 to a 3.5 because of the help and assistance I received here. They made my learning experience and college experience better than I could ever imagine and helped me pick the direction in life that I truly want. – less
good
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Farmingdale, NYMay 4, 2015
Nice place to work but no room for advancement without NY State test which I do not have nor is it being offered at this time. This is the reason for me looking for another job.
Flexible work environment
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee), Farmingdale, NYApril 29, 2015
Management is involved with their employees, very knowledgeable and great communication. Dealing with end users was done through phone and email, unless desktop support was needed in which first-hand experience was gained.
Nice place to work
Helpdesk Worker (Current Employee), Farmingdale, NYApril 21, 2015
Pros: hours were very good
Cons: Pay is not that great, some of the employees are very impersonal
Working here at the helpdesk i have learned many things about the IT industry. I have also learned how to deal with all types of people, some of which that are very technically incompetent. This was the hardest part of the job. This has helped improved my patience for people when trying to convey solutions to them for their computer problems. Management was always very understanding when it came to the hours that we worked and what we had to do for the day.
Fun
Rambassador (Former Employee), FarmingdaleApril 1, 2015
Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun
Productive and fun workplace
Athletic Assistant / Intern (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: watch sports
Cons: outside in the elments
Fun and energetic workplace to work in. They were flexible with students and their academics. Got to watch college athletics and see how game-day operations works.
fun plae to work
Building Supervisor and ground crew (Former Employee), farmingdale nySeptember 2, 2014
Pros: pressure free
Cons: short hours
had to work for work study
great people to work with
working here provided me with some extra cash and its a pressure free work place
Challenging and Rewarding
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Farmingdale NYAugust 13, 2014
I am very thankful to be part of the excellent teaching staff at Farmingdale State College.
Really fun job
Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYMarch 20, 2014
Really fun to be a part of the athletic department and the inner workings of a college
very helpful
administrative asssistant (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYJanuary 21, 2014
enjoyed staff and co-workers. The scheduling of the class did not interfere with my children attending school
Perfect for people looking to build flight time
Certified Flight Instructor (Current Employee), Farmingdale, NYDecember 16, 2013
Pros: benefits, flight time
Cons: not enough money or working hours all year round
Farmingdale State College is a great place to work if you are building flight time and experience to progress in a piloting career. My mind has changed about wanting to further a piloting career so the job itself is no longer along the lines of what I want to be doing. It is a great place to work with great equipment, state benefits, and a very enthusiastic flight instructor staff who prides ourselves on doing the best job we can as safely and efficiently as possible.
Good Workplace
Custodial Worker (Current Employee), Farmingdale, NYNovember 22, 2013
Pros: csea
Cons: no paid lunch
Great Benefits, Custodial Management Needs Improvement.
productive
BUILDING MANAGER (Current Employee), Farmingdale,NYNovember 13, 2013
I have learnt a lot of skills from this place. mostly communication and leadership skills.
Lovely work environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYNovember 11, 2013
You can learn a lot about this school from working behind the scene in there offices.
Great place to grow in my education and professionally
Math tutor (Current Employee), Farmingdale, NYMay 4, 2013
Pros: i dorm, so it is within a five-minute walk
At the math center i get too help a lot of students with their homework and test-prep. I also get to hang out with very talented tutors and professors i can learn a lot from.
Good Company to work for
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Farmingdale, NYOctober 23, 2012
Good Company to work for. Workings are nice and company is fair.
Research Assistant
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Farmingdale, NYJuly 3, 2012
I research gas chromatography, and I set up the machine so once we get the gases for the machine, we can hook it up to the gases and start analyzing gas samples. I will be analyzing the purity of my fellow co-workers biomass experiments.