Farmingdale State College Employee Reviews

Was surprised to work there.
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 29, 2017
It was a pleasure to work in Farmindale State University. I use to help students with there help with computers, and use to fix printers; add papers, change toner. The best part was to sit in the Silent room and watch students and keep them silent so the other students could study and work.
Very Engaging
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 19, 2017
I was able to work with a diverse group of people as a Student Assistant and as an Orientation leader. Farmingdale State College creates a respectful an a comfortable work environment. Student Assistants were treated with the respect they deserved thus created a very progressive workplace.
Excellent college
Adjunct Nursing Clinical Faculty (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 16, 2017
Farmingdale State College has an excellent nursing program. It is a tough program but the graduates are top notch nurses. They have a 96% + rate for theit students passing the NYCLEX on the first try.
Pros
Nursing Department emabraces their students
Productive, fun
Garden Intern (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 22, 2017
Working as a garden a intern has taught me so much. It is a productive environment and also educational. Management is understanding and inspiring. I loved working as a garden intern at Farmingdale State college.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
gained lots of confidence and communication skills, more organized
Assistant to Secretary (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 5, 2017
i file papers, print transcripts, make graduation folders, delivers mails and other informational papers . workplace helped me be more organized and it also helped me gain confident because at first i was afraid to talk to other students but now i can answer most of their question, i enjoy working there because of my co-workers, they were really helpful when i first started. I also work in the computer lab where my job is to monitor and make sure every students is signing in once they arrive in the lab and signing out when they leave.
Productive and Fun
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYApril 25, 2017
Great environment. Fun experience. The people are very kind and it is calm. The position I work is a work study position but the staff are very kind and treat me as if I am one of them
Multimedia Specialist, Distance Learning (Current Employee) –  Greenly HallApril 11, 2017
When working for Farmingdale State College the workplace is pretty relaxed. We tend to use a lot of professional camera equipment and obtain the use of Adobe After Effects and Adobe Premiere Pro a lot. This allows use to work on Instructional videos for the college.
Flexible and beneficial work place for students
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMarch 19, 2017
Typical work day was constructive and easy going. I learned to cooperate with the staff and teachers in an office setting. I learned to troubleshoot and fix computers. Where I was able to execute my skills. I enjoyed the smooth workflow.
Keyboard Specialist Grade (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYDecember 20, 2016
Excellent work environment, great benefits, and great people to work with/for. Management is great, the work community between faculty and staff is great. Job provides excellent growth in learning many new things.
working in a hostile environment
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYDecember 20, 2016
Working at the university, and with the Renewable Energy Center, was a great opportunity to learn about the logistics and growing industry of renewable energies, and inform FSC students, community members, and the world alike about such an important industry. However, the job was often stressful and the work environment was less than ideal, sometimes even hostile. My responsibilities on specific projects were often unclear, organization was lacking, and I was often given tasks beyond my professional abilities and duties. It was therefore impossible for me to continue working there. The stress and unclear instructions were affecting my health. I wish the RESC and FSC all success in the future, but I strongly suggest that a management evaluation is in order.
benefits
Cons
hostile environment, lack of management, unclear instructions, lack of organization.

Want to know more about Farmingdale State College?

Ask a question
Great benefits but a dearth of integrity
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYNovember 29, 2016
Overall FSC faculty and staff work hard to teach the students.
They strive to improve themselves and respective departments.

Some upper management lack integrity and will do what it takes to cover themselves.
Pros
Hardworking, dedicated faculty and staff.
Cons
Lack of honesty.
No campus life
Recent Graduate,B.A in Global Business management (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYNovember 26, 2016
Positive interested professors who are eager to teach and helpful with the learning process. However campus and school pride is barely present. Overall this school is affordable and fair.
good opportunity
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  hooper hallJuly 18, 2016
It was a good opoortunity overall. Too many non it related responsibilities. No ticketing system. Very unorganized. some of the people were nice. Too many responsibilities on it department at once for only 3 people.
Pros
union benefits
Cons
salary could have been more, work culture was not so good
no room to move up for financial improvement or skilled improvement
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 24, 2016
not a bad place to work at. i would just like to continue to grow as a worker and farmingdale college does not really have alot of options to do so
Fun place to work.
HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 4, 2016
Fun place to work.Opportunity to grow and flourish depending on what your overall goals are. Fellow coworkers are fairly open-minded and supportive.
Exciting place to teach and wonderful environment for students
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 31, 2016
I very much enjoy teaching at Farmingdale State College. I have found it to be a highly-rewarding environment with many educational and cultural activities for the students and faculty as well. The college is well-positioned to prepare students for careers in media, engineering, nursing, dental technology and the arts
Pros
Fantastic writing program and student literary magazine
Cons
cafeteria is jam packed every day and parking spaces are limited
productive and fun place
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 3, 2016
A typical day at work requires me to file many student documents. Throughout my time working here i have learned to use computers more and how to file papers fast and effectively.
Excellent environment
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee) –  NEW YORKFebruary 19, 2016
Really nice people to work with! very enthusiastic and energetic workplace with competitive and nice partners. Very collaborative and respectful work environment
Excellent work/ life balance with flexible hours and remote work options
Some benefits recently improved
Very strong culture
Wonderful place to learn and to work
Asst. to the Dean of the School of Arts & Sciences (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJanuary 7, 2016
I have been here for 15 years and have always looked forward to coming into work every single day. I love working with students, and faculty. I love to see the smiles on the students faces once we help them when they are having trouble with anything.
Pros
room for advancement
Amazing Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYSeptember 20, 2015
I loved working in the Residence Life department at Farmingdale State College. I learned so much working so closely with the director. She mentored me and opened my eyes to how a college and department is run. I would love to work with, and for, her again. I learned how to create a spreadsheet, do data entry. A typical day at work was pretty active, more active during the summers and just before checkout each semester but the office was naturally busy due to the 600 resident students.
Pros
Cons
I couldn't stay longer.