Farmingdale State College Employee Reviews in United States

good opportunity
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  hooper hallJuly 18, 2016
It was a good opoortunity overall. Too many non it related responsibilities. No ticketing system. Very unorganized. some of the people were nice. Too many responsibilities on it department at once for only 3 people.
Pros
union benefits
Cons
salary could have been more, work culture was not so good
no room to move up for financial improvement or skilled improvement
HVAC Technician (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 24, 2016
not a bad place to work at. i would just like to continue to grow as a worker and farmingdale college does not really have alot of options to do so
Exciting place to teach and wonderful environment for students
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 31, 2016
I very much enjoy teaching at Farmingdale State College. I have found it to be a highly-rewarding environment with many educational and cultural activities for the students and faculty as well. The college is well-positioned to prepare students for careers in media, engineering, nursing, dental technology and the arts
Pros
Fantastic writing program and student literary magazine
Cons
cafeteria is jam packed every day and parking spaces are limited
productive and fun place
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 3, 2016
A typical day at work requires me to file many student documents. Throughout my time working here i have learned to use computers more and how to file papers fast and effectively.
Excellent environment
Spanish Tutor (Former Employee) –  NEW YORKFebruary 19, 2016
Really nice people to work with! very enthusiastic and energetic workplace with competitive and nice partners. Very collaborative and respectful work environment
Excellent work/ life balance with flexible hours and remote work options
Some benefits recently improved
Very strong culture
Wonderful place to learn and to work
Asst. to the Dean of the School of Arts & Sciences (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJanuary 7, 2016
I have been here for 15 years and have always looked forward to coming into work every single day. I love working with students, and faculty. I love to see the smiles on the students faces once we help them when they are having trouble with anything.
Pros
room for advancement
Amazing Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYSeptember 20, 2015
I loved working in the Residence Life department at Farmingdale State College. I learned so much working so closely with the director. She mentored me and opened my eyes to how a college and department is run. I would love to work with, and for, her again. I learned how to create a spreadsheet, do data entry. A typical day at work was pretty active, more active during the summers and just before checkout each semester but the office was naturally busy due to the 600 resident students.
Pros
Cons
I couldn't stay longer.
A nice work environment with Great people to connect with.
Networking Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYAugust 12, 2015
My day can consist of many different tasks such as upgrading switches, patching in and configuring ports, delivering and installing equipment in data closets, etc. I have learned a lot of what it takes to run a major company with many users with specific needs.My co-workers are nice and laid back people. the hardest part about the job is running into unexpected issues that can take a long time to fix. The most enjoyable part of the job is working in the field that enjoy the most.
Pros
Not too much pressure to get work done.
Cons
I am only part-time.
great experience
Adjunct for MLT program (Current Employee) –  farmingdale, nyJune 28, 2015
Great experience and excellent opportunity. Writing and teaching lectures was a great learning experience and made me appreciate how difficult and rewarding teaching can be.
Very good work
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 24, 2015
It was great work and i would suggest anyone with skills try for it. The average day had me showing up and performing my tasks for the day, once done i would help students and teachers with their computer problems.
Pros
easy to learn
Cons

Want to know more about Farmingdale State College?

Ask a question
Friendly and productive work environment with a lot of learning experiences
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 12, 2015
A typical day at work at the Psychology Department at Farmingdale State College is both friendly and a very good learning experience. Being a psychology major, I am able to communicate well with all of my professors as well as my co-workers, who are psychology students as well. I've learned so much from all of the staff here and I'm beyond grateful for my position as a work study. I've never had experience with answering phones before and taking messages and this job experience gave me that opportunity to open up more. The hardest part of my job was honestly saying goodbye. These people have been my family for the past two years and before I started as a work study here I can honestly say that I struggled with my grades. I was able to pick up my GPA from a 2.9 to a 3.5 because of the help and assistance I received here. They made my learning experience and college experience better than I could ever imagine and helped me pick the direction in life that I truly want.
Pros
lifelong friends, friendliness, helpfulness, learning experience
Cons
amount of hours that fit my class schedule
good
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMay 4, 2015
Nice place to work but no room for advancement without NY State test which I do not have nor is it being offered at this time. This is the reason for me looking for another job.
Flexible work environment
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYApril 29, 2015
Management is involved with their employees, very knowledgeable and great communication. Dealing with end users was done through phone and email, unless desktop support was needed in which first-hand experience was gained.
Nice place to work
Helpdesk Worker (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYApril 21, 2015
Working here at the helpdesk i have learned many things about the IT industry. I have also learned how to deal with all types of people, some of which that are very technically incompetent. This was the hardest part of the job. This has helped improved my patience for people when trying to convey solutions to them for their computer problems. Management was always very understanding when it came to the hours that we worked and what we had to do for the day.
Pros
hours were very good
Cons
Pay is not that great, some of the employees are very impersonal
Productive and fun workplace
Athletic Assistant / Intern (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYFebruary 24, 2015
Fun and energetic workplace to work in. They were flexible with students and their academics. Got to watch college athletics and see how game-day operations works.
Pros
watch sports
Cons
outside in the elments
fun plae to work
Building Supervisor and ground crew (Former Employee) –  farmingdale nySeptember 2, 2014
had to work for work study
great people to work with
working here provided me with some extra cash and its a pressure free work place
Pros
pressure free
Cons
short hours
Challenging and Rewarding
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale NYAugust 13, 2014
I am very thankful to be part of the excellent teaching staff at Farmingdale State College.
Really fun job
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYMarch 20, 2014
Really fun to be a part of the athletic department and the inner workings of a college
very helpful
administrative asssistant (Former Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJanuary 21, 2014
enjoyed staff and co-workers. The scheduling of the class did not interfere with my children attending school
Perfect for people looking to build flight time
Certified Flight Instructor (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYDecember 16, 2013
Farmingdale State College is a great place to work if you are building flight time and experience to progress in a piloting career. My mind has changed about wanting to further a piloting career so the job itself is no longer along the lines of what I want to be doing. It is a great place to work with great equipment, state benefits, and a very enthusiastic flight instructor staff who prides ourselves on doing the best job we can as safely and efficiently as possible.
Pros
benefits, flight time
Cons
not enough money or working hours all year round

4.3