FARMINGTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

great place to make a difference in children lives
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMJune 16, 2017
Great workplace. Amazing co-workers. Great students. Great environment to learn with diversity and individual needs accounted for. Great school to grow academically and personally.
Amazing people. Fun atmosphere!
Food Service Worker Driver (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMay 16, 2017
Hardest part of job was driving $ delivering in snow in winter. Also trying not to get burned on the food warmers! Best part was seeing all the kids at lunchtime.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Low wages
Positive work environment
Guidance Counselor/Teacher (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIMarch 30, 2017
I feel lucky to be able spend each day with students! I love the world of school and look forward to daily collaboration with my colleagues. It is very rewarding to work toward improving students' learning and personal growth.
Pros
Competitive salary
Cons
Unclear evaluation system
Tough work environment
Secretary II to Special Education Department (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CT 06032December 30, 2016
The job was interesting, the people I had to work with were not friendly and did not promote teamwork or an atmosphere that was appealing to employees. The workspace was cramped in a basement.
Very friendly invironment with little kids and fellow teachers
Bilingual Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MISeptember 12, 2016
The management was awesome. My communication skills got better after I joined.
The co-workers were very friendly and supportive.
It was a fun place to start a career for any one.
Great for person with young kids in school
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MNSeptember 4, 2016
It was the perfect job for me while my kids were still in elementary school. The hours are flexible and the location is close. It is part-time, so perfect when having younger kids.
Pros
Close to home, great hours
Cons
Part-time
Fun working place
Student Intern (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 14, 2016
I work for an after school program called EXCEL, i am in charge of interacting with the students and their family along with assisting the students with their school work and helping them learn new and fun things such as cooking, crocheting and making candy.
I enjoy working with the kids and coworkers very much!
Special Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMJune 16, 2016
We have a great crew at MVE. The teachers are all great and the kids I just love them. That's why I want to stay and just have a 2nd job after school to pay off some bills.
Pros
The atmosphere is the best!
Cons
wish it paid more. Thats why I am looking for a 2nd job.
Great
Paraeducator (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 23, 2016
It was a great job. I learned a lot and had very involved coworkers. Everyone worked extremely well together in order to better the students.
good job but constant privatizing looming
Head custodian (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MIJanuary 21, 2016
maintain building, outside snow and ice removal, ordering supplies, manage 6 custodians..direct all building moves and deliveries..repair building issues, and preventative maintenance
Pros
good job
Cons
constantly being reminded about a private company taking over

Want to know more about FARMINGTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS?

Ask a question
Great place to work.
Kitchen Helper (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MINovember 1, 2015
Fun and rewarding experience. Everyday is different. Always a busy job that gets accomplished everyday. Quiet times while preparing food, and busy times serving food were a great combination to make the day go smooth and quick.
Fun atmosphere
Summer School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIOctober 26, 2015
Fun atmosphere with great colleagues. Lots of hours spent at home preparing for the next day. Lots of career development opportunities.
Working in FPS is a privledge and a joy
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Farmington, NMAugust 4, 2015
Arrive at 8:45. Assist teacher setting up lessons. Call parents if need be for information about transport for the children. Direct children towards learning experiences. Ensure they stay on task/do not distract others. Prevent injury. Provide smooth safe and productive environment. My co workers are great. Mostly women 23-50. All friendly and intelligent. Management is understanding and non-invasive. The hardest part of my job is defining the line between teaching and babysitting. They are very young and very cute so they can manipulate a room with crying or laughing. Teachers and Paras have to make sure to hold the interest of the children with the lessons and activities without sacrificing to much structure. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the children gain intellectual and social skills as they progress through the program.
Pros
Intrinsically rewarding, good pay, good co workers, good for resume
Cons
Stressful, gradual
Substitute teacher
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJune 18, 2015
Each day as a sub is different. Some are smooth as silk and others are bumpy, but the more I worked in Farmington, the more I was able to develop relationships with the students and staff so that most days were easy and the students were able to learn without their normal teacher in the room.
AWESOME Place to work
Secretary/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MIJuly 8, 2014
Wonderful People and great learning takes place @ Farmington Public Schools
Pros
Nice Benefits Great Co-Workers and nice work enviornment
Cons
Drastic budget reductions
Great Place to Work!
Front Office Secretary, Harrison High School (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MIMay 29, 2014
Lots of activity on a daily basis. The ability to multi-task is a must when you work for the public school system. Wonderful people and lots of fun kids to communicate with during work.
Busy work environment
Secretary II to Special Education Department (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CTJuly 16, 2013
Typical day is busy with teachers, administrators and parents. I learned about special education, applying for grants and SEDAC data. I feel that I've maximized my knowledge and I'm looking to continue to grow.
Challenging work place but easy to have fun.
Safety Committee Chair/Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MIMay 28, 2013
Driving a school bus is an interesting career. No two days are ever the same. Traffic, weather, how the students are feeling and field trips all play a factor in how the day goes. It could be difficult to pay attention to so many different aspects but it becomes 'just another day'.

It is not a thankless job. The parents consistently tell me how grateful they are I'm driving the children safely everyday. They know if there's something wrong, I tell with them.
Great district
Acting Principal (Current Employee) –  Farmington, MIDecember 2, 2012
Great district, very rewarding...looking at a career change and advancement.
Pros
diversity factor
Cons
need a career change
janitorial work
Sub Custodian (Current Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIAugust 20, 2012
Cleaning classrooms, bathrroms, etc in schools in Farmington school district.