Farmland Foods

Farmland Foods Employee Reviews

Opportunities
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), Kansas CityMay 11, 2015
Amazing opportunities for advancement, career growth, and choosing the direction. Many employees quickly move into global positions.
Fast pace
Laborer (Former Employee), Monmouth, ILMarch 1, 2015
Pros: continuelly working and the time went fast, no time to worry about if you are doing a good job.
Cons: i could not get anyone to releave me to go to the restroom, they just didn't care.
On the line at 6:00am cut parts of meat about 3 seconds apart and break at 9:00am back on the line till lunch and then back on the line till the off time. It's not the job for me. The hardest part of the job was not getting to go to the restroom when you had to go ..
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee), Monmouth, ILFebruary 6, 2015
I was human resources assistant. Responsible for the point system and making sure workers were legal. Was a temporary position. Filled in for a lady on maternity leave
Don't remember much about Farmland
Packing Associate (Former Employee), dubuque, iaJanuary 17, 2015
Only thing i remember it was fast paced but location closed down after the filed for bankruptcy.
productive
Meat Production Worker (Former Employee), Monmouth, ILJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: free lunchs on holydays event
Cons: short break
- Monday to Friday
- 39,000 per year
- good management
- nice place to work
- freezing work place
- the end of the shift
Good Benifits
Trainer (Former Employee), Monmouth, ILJanuary 2, 2015
Great Place to work if you want to advance through the ranks. Fast pace and need to be a motivated person to be able to keep up with job demands. From the great insurance benefits, to the weekly meat sales, Just some of the perks of being a employee at farmland.
fast pess and fun to work for
Labor Worker (Current Employee), Monmouth, ILSeptember 11, 2014
fun Place To work, You learn a lot of knowledgeable Stuff A lot of Hands on stuff to do. the management team is good to work for. The co-workers are good to work for and fun to be around. the hardest thing about the job is its a lot of fast moving the most in enjoyable thing about the jobs that its a safe place to work
keeping busy was easy, there was plenty to do
Administrative Assistant to HR (Former Employee), Arnold, PAAugust 22, 2014
Pros: had great program they provided juices, coffee, soda, tea and some snacks
Cons: couldn't take the manager with me when i had to leave the company
HR Manager was easy to work with, part of my job was to reconcile payroll for the temporary staff, all co-workers seem to have great attitudes and they were a great group to work with, had a great learning experience with working at Farmland Foods and with the HR Manager
It's exactly what you expect at a pork slaughter/processing facility
Blender Operator (Current Employee), Monmouth, ILAugust 19, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: mis-communication between management/supervisors
The benefits are good and the job isn't too demanding. The management is overall ok, but could use some improvement. My co-workers are pretty decent and the benefits are pretty good. I also like how an employee can just go talk to the plant manager without needing an intermediary to talk in the person's place...just walk right in, ask to speak and speak...that's it. The hardest part of the job is the times when communication between management and supervisors is either non-existent or doesn't match, resulting in problems. Overall, not too bad.
farmland
Staff Member (Former Employee), Monmouth, ILJuly 15, 2014
Cons: physical job
long hours, good pay. pig slaughter. good benefits, paid holidays, vacation
Cold Conditions with good benefits and advancement available
Lead (Current Employee), Wichita, KSApril 1, 2014
Pros: great insurance, 401k, good pay
Cons: long hours, cold conditions, early waking up
Control and Manage the Hot Dog department from set up to shift change. Work with many ethnicities and progress through my ability to understand the equipment I work with. Given a schedule before setup and responsible for ensuring my department begins on time. I also am responsible for communicating machine failures and product failures to Supervisors and Maintenance.

I wish to move away from production and learn more of the equipment I have become familiar with.
A well stocked break room
Packaging Operator (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: $1.50 hourly attendance bonus per week
Cons: the company over the last 2 months has had workplace violence.
High Production volume with high emphasis on quality of the hams and ham pieces. Fast pace environment. The management is strict and in compliance with environmental standards in accordance with the EPA. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a cold and wet environment. the most enjoyable part of the job is shared rotation of the job stations to prevent injury from repetitive motion.
Pig Slaughter house
Driver (Current Employee), Monmouth, ILJanuary 30, 2014
Not my kind of place to work at. Money was great but just not for me.
I like working at Farmland.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Monmouth, ILJanuary 29, 2014
I worked at farmland for 15 years the only reason I quit is because I was having medical issues.
Anonymous (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: above average pay and benefits
Good place to work. Promotes from within if at Corporate office or plant.
Productive place home to hard working people
Maintenance Inventory Lead (Former Employee), wichita, ksDecember 2, 2013
Pros: discounts on bacon, ham and hotdogs
Cons: the smell of these cooking
Typically we worked really strange shifts at Farmland. We could work as little 8 hours and as many as 14 when needed. The managers did not have a lot of credibility or integrity and my co-workers did not respect them for it. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the smell.
I loved everyone I worked with at Farmland
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 18, 2013
Farmland is a wonderful place to work. The people are so kind. Even though I was a temporary employee, they treated me like I was one of them. I highly recommend working at Farmland.
great job
Sanitation (Former Employee), New Riegel, OHNovember 18, 2013
Pros: money, benefits
Cons: cold, laid off
was a great job that paid well and had good benefits but they ended up laying everyone off an moved to mexico.
on a typical day in sanitation, we would wear appropriate safety gear when working with various cleaming chemical when cleaning the entire factory.
it was a very cold environment but the money was well worth it
good place to learn a new lanuage
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Martin City, MOOctober 30, 2013
Pros: ice cream days, free lunches etc
Cons: removel of bonus time
soon as i walk threw the door its to work feeding the lines with supplies ,or feeding the ipak which is basically a giant box making machine .. from there chemical transport as well as other materials on plant grounds ... interactions between myself and my boss and co-works including maintenance team, vendors etc are mainly relaxed , pleasant , or comical .There are uppers and downers so its an (sometimes) effort to balance those days and people out no one likes stress .. threw the day till the end
Dynamic worksite
Safety professional (Current Employee), Denison IASeptember 27, 2013
Pros: management support adf employee envolvement
Cons: union
Its fun working for this company, everyday is a new day with different things to do on the field.

Farmland Foods Salaries