Farmland Foods

Farmland Foods Employer Reviews

Cold Conditions with good benefits and advancement available
Lead (Current Employee), Wichita, KSApril 1, 2014
Pros: great insurance, 401k, good pay
Cons: long hours, cold conditions, early waking up
Control and Manage the Hot Dog department from set up to shift change. Work with many ethnicities and progress through my ability to understand the equipment I work with. Given a schedule before setup and responsible for ensuring my department begins on time. I also am responsible for communicating machine failures and product failures to Supervisors – more... and Maintenance.

I wish to move away from production and learn more of the equipment I have become familiar with. – less
A well stocked break room
Packaging Operator (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: $1.50 hourly attendance bonus per week
Cons: the company over the last 2 months has had workplace violence.
High Production volume with high emphasis on quality of the hams and ham pieces. Fast pace environment. The management is strict and in compliance with environmental standards in accordance with the EPA. The hardest part of the job is dealing with a cold and wet environment. the most enjoyable part of the job is shared rotation of the job stations to – more... prevent injury from repetitive motion. – less
Pig Slaughter house
Driver (Current Employee), Monmouth, ILJanuary 30, 2014
Not my kind of place to work at. Money was great but just not for me.
I like working at Farmland.
Assembly Worker (Former Employee), Monmouth, ILJanuary 29, 2014
I worked at farmland for 15 years the only reason I quit is because I was having medical issues.
Anonymous (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: above average pay and benefits
Good place to work. Promotes from within if at Corporate office or plant.
Productive place home to hard working people
Maintenance Inventory Lead (Former Employee), wichita, ksDecember 2, 2013
Pros: discounts on bacon, ham and hotdogs
Cons: the smell of these cooking
Typically we worked really strange shifts at Farmland. We could work as little 8 hours and as many as 14 when needed. The managers did not have a lot of credibility or integrity and my co-workers did not respect them for it. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the smell.
I loved everyone I worked with at Farmland
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 18, 2013
Farmland is a wonderful place to work. The people are so kind. Even though I was a temporary employee, they treated me like I was one of them. I highly recommend working at Farmland.
great job
Sanitation (Former Employee), New Riegel, OHNovember 18, 2013
Pros: money, benefits
Cons: cold, laid off
was a great job that paid well and had good benefits but they ended up laying everyone off an moved to mexico.
on a typical day in sanitation, we would wear appropriate safety gear when working with various cleaming chemical when cleaning the entire factory.
it was a very cold environment but the money was well worth it
good place to learn a new lanuage
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Martin City, MOOctober 30, 2013
Pros: ice cream days, free lunches etc
Cons: removel of bonus time
soon as i walk threw the door its to work feeding the lines with supplies ,or feeding the ipak which is basically a giant box making machine .. from there chemical transport as well as other materials on plant grounds ... interactions between myself and my boss and co-works including maintenance team, vendors etc are mainly relaxed , pleasant , or comical – more... .There are uppers and downers so its an (sometimes) effort to balance those days and people out no one likes stress .. threw the day till the end – less
Dynamic worksite
Safety professional (Current Employee), Denison IASeptember 27, 2013
Pros: management support adf employee envolvement
Cons: union
Its fun working for this company, everyday is a new day with different things to do on the field.
over all i was pretty much married to my job that i loved.
Superintendant (Former Employee), Lincoln, NESeptember 24, 2013
I had maybe the best crew out in our plant and by me saying that is because we all worked as a team and got the job done right from safety-to food safety -and quality and overall had a very good responsible crew and also very dependable to there job duties.
Productive and workplace
Meat Cutter (Current Employee), Monmouth, ILJuly 26, 2013
everyday has its problems.I work 8 or 10 hours per day when the company is in its busy time and less than 7 sometimes in slow time.I learned many things such as how do my job, the importance of safety, and how to work with people can disturb all day. For the management, it is failed. It is failed because they don't care about humans' health for example. – more... They put high the speed when they want. I learn also that the injured people are people who are going to be fired. About my co-workers, I can say we were borne and rose in different ways with an education system. It's too hard to work people who don't have the same point of view with you but I do my best to be their best friend and make fun on them so we can work in good harmony. The hardest part of the work is the knife died or when the line is full loins with a speed. Have good knife, work with a normal speed, nothing is more enjoyable than working this condition. – less
Productive work place
Packer/Machine Operator (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 7, 2013
Pros: supervisor buys pizzia form bonuce when production is made
Cons: five flights of steps, wet floors always, nasty bathrooms
fast pace work place with hardly know comunication 90 percent of the workers are cubians that don't speek know english.
good work place
Production Worker (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJune 10, 2013
Pros: health care, pay scale
Cons: picky
I enjoyed working fo Farmland foods,it has good pay and plenty of hours.With room for advancement
Factory based work with good management
Meat Cutter/Butcher (Former Employee), Monmouth, ILMarch 28, 2013
Pros: discounted meat
Cons: breaks
The shifts were good and the co workers were for the most part friendly and easy to work with. Management was at times shaky but for the most part mediocre.
intersting and cold
Oven Technician (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 5, 2013
Pros: no stress
Cons: cold and wet
clean and maintain hot dog ovens
about chemicals
fair
okay
climbing in and out of ovens
the pay
make good product, pork packing plant.
trimm bellies (Former Employee), Denison, IAFebruary 13, 2013
this is a good place to work, make a lot a money.i learned to be responsibilty, because they product is fresh pork meat. and we can work together with co-workers.the harder part of my job was when its snowing,i enjoyed my job, because it was very ease.
Job rotation was a good deal to personal safety.
Production Lead (Former Employee), 13825 Wyandotte Street Kansas City MO 64145February 7, 2013
Pros: weekly good atended bonus 10% of payroll check
Cons: safety over unpredictable situation.
One of the most importante in this company is to keep the personal body at time to work then the supervisor make job rotation each 2 hours.
All days the team worker group have a goal in terms of production most of the time we do it.
Fun place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee), Milan,MoJanuary 28, 2013
A typical day at Farmland is moving fast and working hard to fed the world.
Cultural changes within the organization
Senior Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 25, 2013
Over the past two years we have experienced new senior management and cultural changes.These changes have been embraced by all my co-workers.