Fashion Fair Employee Reviews

Productive with clients
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILFebruary 22, 2017
Daily face consulting, updating clients on products, inventory, and counter management. I enjoyed all my clients we still have relationships to this day.
Great to work here.
Account (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 27, 2016
Overall great company to work for. You will learn to think fast on your feet and assist tour co-workers. Working with your stores you will enjoy the support
Thorough Enjoyment of Position with an unfortunate ending
Regional Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAMay 14, 2016
Overall, I completely enjoyed my position. However, I was disappointed by corporate office's decision to close my location with no explanation.
Pros
Liked the fact that the product adhered itself to so many needs of the consituents that I served.
Cons
Disappointment that the distribution of products for the customers had decreased in volume
Not a good company to work for!!!!
Freelance Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2016
No stock, no sort of communication. Went without pay for almost two months, worst job hands down. When I work for fashion fair as a Manager. I loved my job, But once I left Macy's and worked for the actual company. Thumbs down!!!!!!!
Pros
GOING TO DIFFERENT STORES, MEETING AWESOME PEOPLE
Cons
HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!!!
Great company to work for and excellent pay.
Volunteer & Freelance Work (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2012
I love working for Fashion Fair. The jobs are based on how many events that they have annually. I gained alot of knowledge about retail. I also learned how to interact with clients and how to meet their needs. The management team is awesome and they don't put alot of pressure on you. The management team like me so much until they always call me to do an event. The hardest part of the job is trying to sell make-up to someone who doesn't know how to apply make-up. This type of client wants you to teach you all your skills in 30 min so they can apply their make-up like you did and get the same results. The most enjoyable part of the job is boosting self -esteem by enhancing natural beauty with cosmetics.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
short breaks, jobs are seasonal and inconsisitant
Turnover is extremely high
PLANNING, ADMIN. & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 8, 2014
Company is going through massive changes and turnover is extremely high, will not recommend this company to anyone seeking to develop a career
Pros
Dedicated employees
Cons
Poor management
open
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2012
I worked there and will never forget the people. Management should be more aware of the value of experience.
Pros
free lunch
No Comment
National Sales and Artistry Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2016
WIll fill in later. Great legacy and history to work with, Really talented people there. Learned many lessons about the behind the scenes of running a cosmetics company.
Nice Place to work
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMarch 10, 2016
Fashion Fair was a Great Place to work and to be employed there was a really big deal to me and very important. Being counter manager was fun and exciting
Pros
doing makeup applications
Cons
no hours
Little to no opportunity to grow
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2013
I worked as an Account Executive. I managed a multi-state territory but had little resources to actually manage it effectively. Many promises made upon being hired never came to fruition. This included the potential for raises and bonuses, a corporate card and travel allowances.

A typical day at work consisted of me visiting stores in order to develop strategies to grow the business, meet with counter staff and management, provide training, develop sales goals and coach to those goals along with monitoring inventory. Often the basic tools to perform makeup services were lacking from the counters. This included disposable makeup applicators, brushes, hand sanitizer, brush, cleaner, alcohol and even the product testers themselves! Getting testers replenished was nearly impossible and the counters often looked like they were moments away from going out of business.

Many of these items were purchased by myself or by counter staff out of our own pocket. The amount that the company provided to purchase these tools was inconsequential compared to the expansive territory I was expected to service. Travel was also frequently put on hold so out-of-state stores received no face to face contact or training from me.

Attempts to address these concerns were frequently disregarded. Instead of addressing the basic tenets of the business such as counter shortcomings, poor staff morale, high turnover and lack of innovation, I was constantly bogged down with repetitive, inconsequential and tedious reports and spreadsheets. I was asked to provide the same information over and over again,
  more... sometimes multiple times in the same month! The company was very reactive and not at all proactive. Marketing materials were often approved, and ordered at the last minute and I was frequently made to act as the delivery person, loading my car up with everything from tester units, flyers/handouts and hand delivering them to stores when I could or mailing them to stores I could't reach. It was extremely disorganized and not at all cost effective or an effective use of my time and talents. I finally threw in the towel after an attempt to double the size of my territory with no additional pay.  less
Pros
Schedule was somewhat flexible, I enjoyed visiting my stores and attempting to engage the staff, There are some great people behind those counters
Cons
Pay not consistent with industry standards, Lack of resources, Lack of focus on engaging the counter staff or on their training, High turnover at the corporate and counter level, Lack of budget for travel, Lack of basic tools and supplies for daily business, Unreasonable sales targets based on stock levels, store traffic and marketing efforts
Very exciting and rewarding job
Guest Make-up Artist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans,LADecember 5, 2011
Fashion Fair was a company that kept me educated on product knowledge and allowed me the advancement to succeed beyond my imagination.
Pros
i loved the comp make-up bags!
Cons
weekends only!
Great company to work for!!!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 23, 2013
Fashion Fair Cosmetics is a great company with down to earth managers and wonderful customers. I absolutely love the products, learning about skincare application, and the family atmosphere they express. The hardest part of the job would be working within a retail store. Some of your time is spent helping "others" while trying to focus on makeup. I always made it a point to show the clothing customers something from my area also, so it worked out fine most of the time.
Pros
Being able to help others
Cons
The Chairman Of the Company is nice.
Account Executive /Chicago & Midwest Region (Former Employee) –  Chicago,ILSeptember 10, 2015
no direction, in fear of losing job everyday,CEO always screaming at someone, no stock to drive sales, needed more marketing material to promote sales.
Pros
iconic brand
Cons
no direction
Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 8, 2015
easy job fun atmosphere the attendance policy sucks and the computer generated scheduling can be a hassle at times. Loved the morning meeting where everyone explains something good that happened the day before.
Fun company to work for
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 6, 2012
Fashion Fair Cosmetics was a fun place to work, I enjoyed the traveling and meeting new people. There were some issues with getting merchandise, but over rall a good company to work for.
Pros
loved interaction with the associates
Cons
problems with supplies
Exceptional
Freelance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 29, 2014
I enjoyed interacting with new customers on a daily basis. I also liked establishing and maintaining relationships with my customers. This job was realy hands on, focusing on sales as we as keeping clients satisfied.
Productive and fun place to work
COSMETICS COUNTER MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta,GaAugust 17, 2012
As counter manger I had to oversee all employees and assist with customers with their beauty needs along with damage control, processing and reports.
Very friendly company. Good pay for good work
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Ballina Fair ballinaMarch 3, 2012
Fashion Fair are a very fair company to work for. I ernjoyed my time with them
Pros
incentives to meet targets
Cons
?