Fashion Institute of Technology

Fashion Institute of Technology Employer Reviews

meeting new people
Staff (Former Employee), 227 W 27th St, New York, NY 10001January 30, 2014
the work day was fun meeting new people and working with new that my same culture and race
Great place for helping develop tomorrow's leaders of fashion and retail
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 26, 2013
Great place for helping develop tomorrow's leaders of fashion and retail
Fun and interesting place to work at, very creative
Tutor (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 31, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, fun and young environment
Cons: no benefits
Usually we had appointments with students for tutoring. Three times a week I was part of the walk-in in Italian subject.
I learned how to deal with young students , and sometimes with learning disabilities. I learned how to encourage them in hard moments, to never give up, and to believe that everyone has a different way to learn, and we all can learn – more... if we have a good teacher or someone that believe in us.
Management was really organized, their first concern was to train us in the right way, and they were really understandable about our schedule, they always tried to fulfill our needs.
All co-workers were students, following their dreams, working hard, and in their spare time were helping other students in difficult and challenging subjects.
The hardest part of the job was to deal with students did not want to put to much effort and pretend we had to do the job for them.
The most enjoyable part was to students graduating because I helped and push them to do not give up, or passing the course with an A! – less
Good place to work, great atmosphere, overall great benefits
Finance (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 21, 2013
Good place to work, the benefits are the best. I have not seen benefits like this any where else.
Good company, great atmosphere and good people
IT Finance Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 21, 2013
Even though the economy has not favored the company. The company is pretty good, good atmosphere, not so much pressure, pretty laxed.
aweful to work for
computers (Former Employee), new yorkAugust 2, 2013
Pros: free classes but they change your schedule so you can take them
Cons: they know nothing about computers, bad pay and cant take classes
the computer department in the library is run by a woman who knows nothing about computers.
loved it
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 3, 2013
got to work in fashion week... cant beat it...worked with students..got to know what events are going on in the city...
Fun and friendly Environment.
Community Assistant (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 2, 2013
The people that work at FIT are fun and care about the students that go there. Time after time I've seen staff go above and beyond to help students with problems that they may encounter while living on campus or attending classes. The people in ResLife are supper friendly and very accommodating.
Excelent work enviroment
Training Coordinator (Former Employee), New York NYAugust 27, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: not steady job
A tipical day at work was starting a class preparetion in a clean apparel lab, and glad to have a Very supportive project management.
The hardest part of the job was to get grants approval and to properly
qualified students for enhancing skills to advance in their job position.
The most enjoyable part of the job was when students presented their final – more... project, beutiful done it and showed their effort to learn. – less
Fun environment for college tutoring
Academic Skills Center Tutor (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 10, 2012
I enjoy being a tutor here, the supervisors are nice and most of the students and fellow tutors are as well. A great place to help people and keep your own knowledge/skills current so that you don't forget information you learned during your own coursework.

About Fashion Institute of Technology

The Fashion Institute of Technology is a college of art and design, business and technology of the State University of New York – Read more