Fashion Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Good
Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2017
I worked as an assistant soccer coach at FIT as a student. It was a great way to earn some extra money, but I do not know about the benefits that one would get as a full time professor or anyone working in the office.
Overall great place to work
Human Resources Time & Attendance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 19, 2017
The staff and benefits are great and very competitive for the area. The organization is supportive of training and development. There is room for growth.
Fun part-time job, ended up taking over a lot of manager responsibilities.
Tour Guide Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2017
As a leader, I was one of the students with the most responsibility, and as such was more stressed than others, but it was still easy and exciting. Everyone in the office is very nice and helpful yet fun to talk to.
Pros
Still paid when there is no work to be done.
Cons
Stressful and unorganized at times.
Productive and fun place to work
Student Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 14, 2017
I love working for the Fashion Institute of Technology! I always have great experiences at work and the management is awesome! What I enjoy most is meeting so many new people on a daily basis.
Pros
Everyone is great to work with
Great School
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2017
Great School to work at. Amazing team. Great experience. Job Work/Life Balance five stars, Compensation/Benefits five stars, Job Security/Advancement five stars, Management five stars and Job Culture five stars.
Nice People and Good Benefits
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 3, 2017
I nice relaxing culture however it's very political with roles and unions rules and does not offer much in career advancement. Benefits in terms of healthcare and time off are nice, even though you pay with fees and dues.
Amazing institution
Professional Studies Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2017
FIT is one of the leading fashion education institutions in the world, and I feel honored to be part of its employee community. I see that departments are detail-oriented, and always accommodating to student's needs.
Diverse and exciting place to work.
Counselor Associate in Financial Aid Services (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2017
FIT is an excellent institution and offers diversity and flexibility. I enjoy the students and the variety they offer. While employed at FIT I have come to appreciate the flexibility and opportunity to meet and engage with others from different backgrounds.
Good
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2017
FIT is a great school. At FIT, you don't only learn about your major, but you also get various opportunities to get experience and build your resume and learn different things.
Excellent Employer
Chair of Technical Design and Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  NYC, NYMarch 11, 2017
The only school in the world that teaches Technical Design.
Very prestigious and world famous Fashion College.
Very Diverse and involved in Diversity
Excellent educational experience.
All the Technical Design students get employed upon graduation
Great place to work and love it
Pros
Support from FIT
Cons
no cons
Fun workplace
Illustration Model (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2017
VIP treatment from professors. Classrooms vary from small to large classes. Pressure can be very high or low, depending on class sizes. Standing on stage, like a full moon in the sky, can be a bit tricky, maintaining composure can be a very meditative task. The sense of oneness afterwards makes it all worthwhile
Pros
High compensation
Cons
Very seasonal
Like any other job in Academia
Secretary III (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2016
A typical day at workwhat you learned management your co-workers, the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of your day
Wonderful Place to Work
Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2016
It was a great experience teaching the Tools of the Trade course at FIT. Working with the students was very rewarding. The most challenging was filling 3 hours of time.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Need to teach more
Excellent Institution
Guide students through the annotation process (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2016
SUNY FIT is a renowned college institution catering to Fashion Students, while providing all aspects of English and composition literacy. Within the English department is an Education Skills division honoring second language learners, as well as students who need extra assistance in core English Language arts mastery.
Incredible institution to work for
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2015
Incredible institution to work for. Great students and faculty. Plenty of support for adjuncts. Proper feedback and tools given to adjuncts to help them succeed.
Secure Enviroment
IT User Support Services and Media Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 11, 2015
Great place to work at. Learned a lot over the years. Grew as a manager and a project manager. Worked with a closely knit team of technical geeks and learned and taught each other throughout the journey. Customer Support and Satisfaction is the key to doing this job.
Hardest part of the job is to negotiate a common ground between user requests and upper management to come to a agreeable ground for any solution and support structure.
It is a work hard and play hard environment.
Pros
job security - Union Tenure job
Cons
No bonus structure and salary cap
Pretty nice place to work
Technology Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2015
I've enjoyed working at FIT over the past 7.5 years. Most of the people who work there are passionate about what they do, which is invigorating and refreshing. The students make your work worthwhile.

Bureaucracy can sometimes make simple tasks seem unachievable; Sometimes people who have worked here for a while get set in their ways and that can make it hard to introduce new initiatives; Sometimes the students can be a handful, but I'm sure that's the case in any educational institution; Sometimes you get stuck with no room to advance beyond the confines of your position

I would recommend this place of employment.
Pros
Dedicated staff, (Generally) great students who are very talented and hardworking, Good benefits, Some room for career advancement, Great colleagues
Cons
Bureaucracy
Director of Credit and Collections (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 3, 2015
Developed policies and procedures, learned everything there needs to know about federal financial aid for college students. Reported directly to CFO who is very knowledgeable and willing to allow you to manage your department to the best of your ability.
HR and LR management
VP HR Management and LR (Current Employee) –  New York CityAugust 30, 2015
Fast paced higher education environment located in mid-Manhattan.
Evolved from a specialized high school into a Masters Degree granting institution.
Laid Back
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2015
Interning at the Fashion Institute of Technology was a cool experience. However, I did not do much at this job it simply entailed me to complete office assignments such there were times when I had to run errands outside of the office- that was my favorite part. In addition to working there I was able to learn more about this college as well as meet some very creative people like myself. The people I was introduced to here were all full of life and inspired me in the long run. A Typical day included handling student files, picking up mail, inputting data into MS office softwares such as word and excel, typing letters, and the office duty list continues. Although it was not my ideal job/internship I still enjoyed working there.