Fashion To Figure Employee Reviews

Okay place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 31, 2017
It's an ok place to work. The atmosphere is fun. The clothes are cute. If you're just looking for part time work it's an ideal place to work. Don't expect a raise.Lack of communication amongst staff, You do not get many hours to work. Staff will steal your sales. Management will ask you to come in early or on your day off for an "emergency ". The "emergency " is usually a personal simple matter like "I had an argument with my mom or boyfriend, I can't come in today." No one is scolded for doing wrong. Employees change into store clothes in the middle of the store even if customers are there. Very unprofessional team.
Pros
Customers are fun and positive, perfect if you're looking for a few hours during the week
Cons
No hours, unprofessional staff, sales are stolen by other employees, low pay
fun work environment self rewarding
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJMay 23, 2017
very diverse culture styling is a passion love helping people make decisions according to life style changes they be going through. It is always rewarding to know you helped someone build or regain confidence
Pros
helping people feel good about themselves
Great guests and fashionable clothing
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saugus, MAApril 11, 2017
Awesome company Ive been happily working here since March 2016 I would love to have more benefits but that isn't given to part time workers I have only gotten once raise only due to the minimum wage law.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Only part time workers
Part time employee working full time hours for no benefits
Keyholder, Bilingual (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDApril 8, 2017
I honestly enjoyed my job. I loved my customers, and coworkers. The upper management was terrible with the highest turnover rate! Never had a day off.
Pros
Met wonderful people, 50% employee discount
Cons
Poor upper management
A typical day at work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDMarch 18, 2017
Clock in run cloths style guests clean store count money order money inventory leadership character building merchandizing organizing fashion shows events
Okay experience
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMarch 13, 2017
I was hired during a busy time so I had to learn on my own. Don't get me wrong the management did come in to save the day when I made mistakes, other than that I was on my own.
Pros
Nice management
Cons
No hours
Great work space.
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDDecember 9, 2016
The best job I've encountered. Absolutely love working here. The way you are treated as an employee is amazing. We are all a family. I think that's the best part of working here.
Fun and productive workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arundel Mills MallDecember 4, 2016
Come into work and get the daily report that is necessary for the work day. And proceed with the rest of the day and make sure we keep an neat and tidy workplace.
Pros
Fashion, great atomsphere
Cons
Pay, benefits
Fun job at first
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 27, 2016
Everything and everyone seemed good and dandy. Until you really get in there and start working, then all changes! Communication upon staff sucks badly. overworked at minimum pay. Sales are stolen by employees and store director. Overall not really a good company to work for maybe just for the holidays
Pros
Helping women feel better about themselves
Cons
Employees are sneaky, backstabbing and cut throat, Company only cares about Squeem sales, Managers consistently steals sales, communication is poor
Great!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GANovember 24, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company just did not like the location. I was extremely far away from home and lonely. It is a new company and is growing quickly. Awesome room for growth
Fun environment for retail
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDSeptember 23, 2016
Not a bad place to consider to work at pay is not always great but it is retail. Most co-workers are cool to work with and discount is great for employees.
Pros
Discount/ Job Advancement
Cons
Still building the brand/ consistent changes to structure
Wasn't a nice time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDAugust 6, 2016
At first the manager were nice and friendly when i started, but then things changed. Lots of sales were being stolen by the managers, very disrespectful attitudes from them.
Pros
very nice clothes and good discount
Cons
managment
easy going, fast pace, fun
Personal stylist/ Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MD 20902August 2, 2016
At Fashion to Figure I was around alot of women so it was fun to give them fashion tips and help pick out clothes that made them feel beautiful and unique. I was responbile for being their personal stylist and i loved the connections that I made with customers because they would often times come into the store asking if I would be able to assist them with shopping.
First Retail Job
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYJune 23, 2016
With Fashion To Figure being my first retail job i have to say they made it easy for me. I felt like i belonged within my first week there. I was balancing working there and my senior year of high school, and it was pretty easy. I didn't felt like i was drowning in school or at work. Plus it gave me and sense of what the real life might be like. Fashion To Figure made me like working retail.
The Best Place to work ever!
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMay 25, 2016
I loved working here! Friendly atmosphere, stylish clothes, and eccentric events! Is a place where plus size women can go, have fun while shopping, and relieve their mental!
coworkers make the job
ASSISTANT STORE DIRECTOR (ACTING STORE DIRECTOR) (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDApril 30, 2016
Coworkers are the best part of this job. upper management have unrealistic goals and expectations, The home office is chaotic and tend to send down information and task without completely thinking through. Fun atmosphere to work in on the lower level, once you are in management roles the expectations from District Managers and VP of Stores completely overshadow the initial fun and relax mode you were led to believe the company is, great discount and incentives but very low pay compared to other companies in this market
Pros
50% discount
Cons
low salary, unrealistice goal expectatioins
Great family friendly new company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 1, 2016
FTF (Fashion To Figure) is a great company to work for. Even though its a new brand, which is only 10+ years old), they are making a big stamp in the plus size fashion world. They sell the experience. The stylist are up to date with current fashion trends. The clothes are must have. Ultimately, FTF is a prime target for plus size women.
The work staff are excellent. The owners are hands on. I call them my brothers. They showed me so much about business, retail, and life.
Pros
Great work envirement with oportunities to make an impact
Cons
Many changes because of fast growth
Productive workplace
Lead Stylist (Sales Lead) (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTNovember 9, 2015
The overall work environment is great especially interacting with the guests. The management team needs a little more training on communication and getting employee's on one accord. You don't get paid enough for the amount of work you do. Hours get cut way too much.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
You don't get paid enough for the amount of work you do
Dishonest about what they want
Assistant Store Director (Former Employee) –  Hanover , MdOctober 22, 2015
Working at FTF was fun at first but being a manager turned into being a punching bag very quickly . The standards that are set are very often untraceable for numbers. If you surpassed their goals for you you'd never hear a congrats but the minute you miss the goal they're breathing down your neck telling you how bad your numbers are . The company seems to have their focus on the wrong things like conversion instead of actual sales. They also ask for your honest opinion and when you give it and they don't like it you're fired . They say they give warnings if they see issues but they lie . I walked into work after almost a year working there with no complaints or issues EVER and was called by someone in upper management and fired . Compensation is low and not even across the board . I traveled 35 mins and went through tolls everyday and made $2 less than someone who lived right around the corner from their home store. In store the vibe is great it is upper management and home office who need to step back a little and actually hold up their end of the bargain.
Pros
Great in store vibe . Definitely a family feel
Cons
Unobtainable goals and unfair ridicule
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Livingston, njOctober 11, 2015
Delivers great experiences, fun working enviornment, cutting edge fashion. Constantly changing the way to service guests and the fashion that they provide.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fashion To Figure. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6