Fashion To Figure Employee Reviews in United States

Dishonest about what they want
Assistant Store Director (Former Employee) –  Hanover , MdOctober 22, 2015
Working at FTF was fun at first but being a manager turned into being a punching bag very quickly . The standards that are set are very often untraceable for numbers. If you surpassed their goals for you you'd never hear a congrats but the minute you miss the goal they're breathing down your neck telling you how bad your numbers are . The company seems to have their focus on the wrong things like conversion instead of actual sales. They also ask for your honest opinion and when you give it and they don't like it you're fired . They say they give warnings if they see issues but they lie . I walked into work after almost a year working there with no complaints or issues EVER and was called by someone in upper management and fired . Compensation is low and not even across the board . I traveled 35 mins and went through tolls everyday and made $2 less than someone who lived right around the corner from their home store. In store the vibe is great it is upper management and home office who need to step back a little and actually hold up their end of the bargain.
Pros
Great in store vibe . Definitely a family feel
Cons
Unobtainable goals and unfair ridicule
A Place To Work If You Have Free Time
Fashion Stylist (Current Employee) –  MDOctober 5, 2015
FTF is a awesome brand but company wise..NOT GOOD! I was working there for an entire year and some months working so hard but I DIDN'T RECIEVE ANY PROMOTION after my manager knew that I wanted to take on that responsibility, she gives it to the other stylist that has been there for 6 months!! There is NO COMMISION, the "bonuses" don't do anything for the checks that you receive. Just know you don't get paired enough for the BS you have to put up with for this company, they love to cut payroll and cut back your hours. The company literally pays you minimum wage and won't give promotions within it's honestly sad and I have a college degree and they don't consider salaries or ANYTHING!!!! Don't bother wasting your time unless you are in high school and don't have bills to pay and grown up obligations....SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. YOU GET NO RECCONITION OR COMMISSION ON BODY SHAPER SALES AND MOSTY IMPORTANTLY SOLO SUPER SALES (Sales above $170+)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Love Some Guest Interactions..
Cons
HORRIBLE PAY, No Salaries, Short Breaks, No Benefits unless Manager, NO COMMISSON
coworkers make the job
ASSISTANT STORE DIRECTOR (ACTING STORE DIRECTOR) (Former Employee) –  Bowie, MDApril 30, 2016
Coworkers are the best part of this job. upper management have unrealistic goals and expectations, The home office is chaotic and tend to send down information and task without completely thinking through. Fun atmosphere to work in on the lower level, once you are in management roles the expectations from District Managers and VP of Stores completely overshadow the initial fun and relax mode you were led to believe the company is, great discount and incentives but very low pay compared to other companies in this market
Pros
50% discount
Cons
low salary, unrealistice goal expectatioins
easy going, fast pace, fun
Personal stylist/ Sales Associate/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MD 20902August 2, 2016
At Fashion to Figure I was around alot of women so it was fun to give them fashion tips and help pick out clothes that made them feel beautiful and unique. I was responbile for being their personal stylist and i loved the connections that I made with customers because they would often times come into the store asking if I would be able to assist them with shopping.
First Retail Job
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYJune 23, 2016
With Fashion To Figure being my first retail job i have to say they made it easy for me. I felt like i belonged within my first week there. I was balancing working there and my senior year of high school, and it was pretty easy. I didn't felt like i was drowning in school or at work. Plus it gave me and sense of what the real life might be like. Fashion To Figure made me like working retail.
It was a good place to work at first but not after a while
sales associate/stylist (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDApril 14, 2016
I enjoyed the work ethic when I first started but it seems a little difficult to move up in the company and the communication between associates and management wasn't very effective. For a good while, I felt as though I was working twice as hard for basically nothing and no benefits. It just wasn't the job for me.
Pros
being hands on with customers
Cons
just about everything else
Great family friendly new company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 1, 2016
FTF (Fashion To Figure) is a great company to work for. Even though its a new brand, which is only 10+ years old), they are making a big stamp in the plus size fashion world. They sell the experience. The stylist are up to date with current fashion trends. The clothes are must have. Ultimately, FTF is a prime target for plus size women.
The work staff are excellent. The owners are hands on. I call them my brothers. They showed me so much about business, retail, and life.
Pros
Great work envirement with oportunities to make an impact
Cons
Many changes because of fast growth
The Best Place to work ever!
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMay 25, 2016
I loved working here! Friendly atmosphere, stylish clothes, and eccentric events! Is a place where plus size women can go, have fun while shopping, and relieve their mental!
Productive workplace
Lead Stylist (Sales Lead) (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTNovember 9, 2015
The overall work environment is great especially interacting with the guests. The management team needs a little more training on communication and getting employee's on one accord. You don't get paid enough for the amount of work you do. Hours get cut way too much.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
You don't get paid enough for the amount of work you do
Fun environment to work in.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYAugust 8, 2013
My daily duties included, keeping the floor clean and neat for the guests shopping benefits, and for corporate to come in and view the store. Also helping customers with questions and needs, and cleaning the store at closing to prepare for the next day. My co-workers were agreeable. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of helping customers and hearing the positive remarks of what they had to say about our assistance, even if it were just something as simple as helping them find the right article of clothing.
It Was Fun...
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 8, 2015
Working at Fashion to Figure was actually fun when I first started. It was a new store, so me and the other employees help out it together before it opened. Schedules started off at at least 20 hours a week, to 3 or 4 hours a week, because the company started struggling after a couple of weeks of opening. Management followed the rules strictly. No one ever thought outside of the box, when problems would arise. Less than a year later, everyone got fired and replaced. Company thinks their customer service is at the Marriott's level.
Pros
40% Discount
Cons
No Air Conditioning, Low Pay, Short Breaks, Company Has Financial Crisis
A place to express who you are through fashion
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MDOctober 10, 2015
Nice and comfortable work environment. Very fashion forward. Presentation is key. Customer service was always above all else. I have enjoyed working here and developing close relationships with my colleagues. The hardest part of my job came with a decline in clientele while still trying to hit numbers.
Pros
networking with guest
Cons
no job stabality
Pretentious retail store.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJuly 11, 2015
Working there in the beginning was fun , but the fun doesn't last. Yes, you help women feel better about their bodies.......but that's it. The company as a whole runs their stores like its Norstroms( store director = store manager, assistant director = assistant manager, stylist = sales rep)but without the pay or quality. They make you go beyond your position to please the customers, but you're lucky if you make $300 in two weeks! You only get full-time hours if you are a store director or assistant store director. So, if you want to work there for a little extra money and a discount..... This is the perfect job. If not, move on.
Pros
40% discount, changing people's lives, fun atmosphere
Cons
Low pay, short breaks, outrageous standards
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Livingston, njOctober 11, 2015
Delivers great experiences, fun working enviornment, cutting edge fashion. Constantly changing the way to service guests and the fashion that they provide.
Disorganized ,Not worth it.
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAAugust 24, 2015
Most unorganized retail store I've worked in, not physically but management wise. Commission is $1! Ridiculous!! No one knows anything ever.
A Professional and Fashion Savvy Workplace
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJune 24, 2013
A day at work is very entergetic,busy,and fun-filled!
I've learned all about the true essence of affordable fashion for the everyday fashion savvy woman. The clothes are tailored towards the more curvacious woman. The vibrant and expressive designs in our pieces we would have would not only fit the time and season but also fit the indivivual styles of out many guests and clients. Also I've learned many proactive selling strategies that informed our clients of sales and promotions of the day. Assisting with dressing rooms,cashering,and outfit building upon the clients request.
Overall working in a place like this is exciting,inspirational,and creative.We are a family who are all about our fashion.
One fashionably savvy
Pros
music, clothes, management, hours
An amazing job experience
Lead Stylist (Former Employee) –  white marshOctober 3, 2015
Working at fashion to figure was an amazing, motivating and an energetic experience. This job is perfect for anyone who has a passion for fashion.
Productive learning experience where I felt the company cared about me as an employee
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 2, 2015
The company, Fashion to Figure, is great at making their employees feel like they are cared about, however as always there are personalities that clash and HR issues of working together. I learned a lot and wouldn't change my experience.
Pros
Helped me get through college, they helped me learned a lot about myself
Cons
frequent changes in management
Fast paced environment where I change lives o a daily basis
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDApril 9, 2015
I spend my days encouraging curvy woman on body confidence, fashion expertise, and wardrobe consulting, Through this I have learned patience and the real importance of customer service. As the store's Assistant Director, I help manage along side the Store Director, a team of 12 stylist. Together we make sure all daily operations, merchandising, inventory, and any employee needs are met. The hardest part about my job are times when I feel like I was unable to help improve a guest body confidence issues, but most times I am able to have my woman feeling sexy and secure about themselves through fashion, and that is the most enjoyable part about my job.
Good Place For A First Time Job
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 10, 2015
Sometimes fun place to work at. You get to meet new people and also change woman's lives for the better. You learn something new everyday.

2.7