Fast Enterprises Employee Reviews

High Expectations, Great for Singles Fresh from College
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJune 23, 2017
A typical day with FAST is not bad. You are expected to be able to finish certain tasks that you are given within reasonable time frame. However, it is when the client suddenly changes their mind and expects FAST to deliver on something that was never discussed or talked about that things get hectic and crazy. Suddenly your pulling 16 hour shifts and things get out of hand. FAST will ask you to do a job, and they will expect results; that's the bottom line.
If you get recruited straight out of college, that's great! Especially if you are single and have no commitments to anything but your career. However, if you have a family, wife, or some other commitment in your life; then you might have a hard time finding a balance. Every job site is different though, but that was my experience.
Pros
Great Benefits, Fun Events
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Some Clients
Set up for Failure
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 2, 2017
Every site varies widely. When starting, I was placed at a site with only 2 experienced Fast employees and 6 new employees. This made training incredibly limited. I then was placed to support a subsystem that is deemed one of the more difficult of the application and had no one on site to help answer any questions related to the subsystem. Every promise of training fell through.
Decent job for College Grads Looking to Travel
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 1, 2016
Decent job if you're looking to travel and work with government agencies. Steady work, prone to a lot of overtime but the company pays for it. Not a great career if you are looking to transfer to a more development focused position or if you aren't a people person.
Great Company
Implementation Consultant/ Developer (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MSNovember 6, 2016
Fast is an amazing and cooperative company. The work entails tax software and on certain sites the amount of work can be low. There are two types of locations Production and Maintenance. Maintenance is a low work based around problem and error fixing.

Great company, great pay, and good hours.
Pros
pay, responsibility, work environment, and help
Cons
Type of work and overtime
Good to begin with, but no feedback
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, VTOctober 6, 2016
Up front this company seems great, they have good benefits, a good culture, and are very responsive and helpful in facilitating you working for them. During my time with them though I was given very little feedback from the management as to the quality of my work or if I needed any improvement. It is a nice company to at least pick up some experience from, but there is not the most room for advancement.
Pros
Culture, benefits, environment
Cons
lack of feedback or input
Great place to work but antiquated technology
Implementation Consultant Intern (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTSeptember 27, 2016
Great place to work, great culture but the tech stack is ancient. Not real progress to be made here. They need to move to new technology if they want to stay relevant.
Great company, great culture, fast paced
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Denver, Anchorage, Baton RougeMarch 28, 2015
Worked alot of hours. Could definitely have had more experienced developers to take the load off everyone, but they pay overtime, buy dinners on late nights, and generally try really hard to keep morale up by doing cool outings, having short, fun little gatherings at work, like a few trivia questions and pushups twice a day, and having team and entire group paid lunches.

Work amongst state Dept of Revenue workers. So need to be willing to relocated to a particular state's capital every 1-3 years. Fast has about 30 states as clients, and even a few international ones that you can volunteer for. Need to know how to interact with state workers and be professional, humble, considerate and patient.

Management tried hard to keep client politics out of the hair of employees and sincerely care about their employees, coworkers are typically mid-20's early-30's and outgoing people from a multitude of academic backgrounds: Math, Comp Sci, Business, Engineering, Physics, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, etc.

Your coworkers will likely be your best friends, if you want. Very close community and family like. They are also incredibly helpful during the relocation process and really take care of you after having just met you.

Very flat organizational structure. I interacted with my project manager/boss daily, and the partners of the company are very involved in the lives of their employees and the running of the company.

Worked with VB.NET and Sql Server mostly. Alot of configuration, and less actual code creation.

Overall, a really great place to work, but easy
  more... to get a bit burnt out  less
Pros
Awesome Management, Great Pay/Benefits, Travel, Young Vibrant Culture, and Many More
Cons
Somewhat Understaffed
Opportunities to Excell
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 26, 2014
Right from the beginning I was given the opportunity to interact with our client, make business decisions, and work independently. I invested a lot of time and effort, and was rewarded with increased pay and responsibility. My bosses have been excellent at providing me with direction when I need it, and allowing me to make decisions independently that affect the end product.

The hardest part is the expectation to work long hours. Overtime is paid, that helps offset this expectation.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Awesome place to learn
Implementation Intern (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJune 9, 2014
I picked up a number of useful skills at Fast, as well as learning how to work in conjunction with the North Dakota State Tax Department.
Easy advancement in a simple enviornment
Crew Trainer (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, OHMay 8, 2014
A typical day at Fast Enterprises of Lebanon (McDonald's) is fast paced. With a lot of work to be done each day it definitely keeps you busy and on your feet. I learned how to work with a team and the importance of hard work. Where this company fails however is in the quality of workers. It can be unorganized and many co workers were unwilling to work. Most managers work hard and are very easy to get along with. My only big recommendation would be to train workers more. Many new employees do not have the training needed when they are put into a new position.
Pros
Easy place to learn and easy advancemet
Cons
Pay is simply not worth the true stress endured
Typical intern work, which is all the work no one else wants to do
Intern Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 26, 2012
I do not remember much from working here, it was several years ago and it was only for a few months. I did not really understand what to do because everything was in vb or SQL and I had very little experience with either of the two languages. Also didn't know anything about taxes, which made the job more difficult. I do remember getting a few repetitive, boring tasks, probably because I couldn't figure out how to do other stuff. The guy that was explaining things to me didn't even have a background in computer programming.
Pros
boss was nice
Cons
really boring field
Great place to work if you know one of the owners
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMAugust 18, 2012
Management fails to communicate expectations to employees. Employees who come in from an enterprise environment will find that the culture of different locations can differ widely, but a chief focus is on appearances. Appearances down to what shoes you are wearing on a Friday are more important than the actual work being done or the quality of the work. This position is not recommended for anyone in the IT field, but may be a good fit for a software developer.
Pros
free drinks and dinners on the company dime, annual travel
Cons
high turnover, no job security, cliquish
Best company to work for in software!
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 14, 2012
I worked for Fast for over 3 years and never knew that a company could treat it's employees so good. There are excellent benefits including health insurance and 401k, as well as perks such as lots of vacation time, trips to the bar after project milestones are met, Christmas dinners, etc... Also, the best thing about working for Fast is that the system is architected so well that maintaining and expanding upon the existing system is quite easy. As with any software configuration job, work with Fast is demanding and challenging, but I don't know anywhere else where you'll feel that your effort is being appreciated this much.
Pros
project milestone parties and excellent core system to build upon.
Cons
flat organization structure leaves little room for vertical mobility.