Fashion background or apparel retail experience neccesary to be considered for this position.
The primary responsibility of the ASM is to assist the Store Manager in creating a positive work environment that promotes a performance and results driven culture. The ASM is responsible for supporting and partnering with the Store Manager on all aspects of the store performance, including generating sales and profit while controlling expenses and inventory. The ASM also assists with training and retaining talent and maintaining visual standards while building the Deb brand.
- In partnership with Store Manager drives Top line sales growth with focus on improving KPI results
- Comp sales, UPT, ADS, WIN, Ecommerce and shrink
- Creates and delivers engaging and positive customer service environment
- Embraces, exhibits and leads all selling strategies
- Establishes individual sales goal, communicates goals and monitors achievement of goals
- Demonstrates sales leadership by consistently modeling the actions and behaviors expected of a customer focused brand
- Continuously assess business and make action plans to improve results
- Motivates staff to achieve company incentives & contests.
- Role models behaviors of a successful Manager on Duty to ensure achievement of all sales objectives and goals
- Adapts selling style and pace based on changes in customer traffic
- Resolves customer service issues acknowledging the needs of the customer
- Assists in training, development and supervision of Associates in addition to providing performance feedback
- In partnership with the Store Manager recruit to attract candidates to Deb
- Ensures coaching and development of sales Associates based on individual needs
- Interacts with customers, competitors and mall management to maintain a positive public image of the company.
- Interacts with customers, network with competitors and engage mall management to maintain a positive public image of the company
- Assesses Associate work results, provide feedback for Associate performance appraisals that are focused improving personal/store performance and productivity
- Openly communicate with Associates and supervisors and seek feedback to improver personal performance.
- Recognizes below target work performance, violation of company policies and take appropriate disciplinary action. In partnership; coach, council and correct
- Communicates to Store Manager any personnel issues or unusual situations
- Ensures all Associates are aware of and follow policies, procedures and company programs
- In partnership with Store Manager make and or recommend any scheduling changes
- Responsible for cash handling, banking procedures protecting and company assets
- Responsible for physical inventory accuracy
- Achieve store shrink goal
- Ensures all Associates follow all Loss prevention and safety policies and procedures
- In partnership with Store Manager; plan and execute all visual directives and maintain visual standards
- Maintains a clean and well organized store
- Communicates to Store Manager any information regarding the market competition, merchandise needs and operational concerns impacting store performance
- Coaches and directs Associates on the implementation of Deb visual merchandise guidelines
- In partnership with Store Manager; plan for and implement all promotional directives, and visual merchandising moves
- Ensures store is neat, clean and organized and that the sales floor is filled to the correct capacity and that all styles and sizes are represented
- Maintains all folding and placement standards as directed by the Visual Guide and current visual directive
- Completes and follow up on daily checklists.
- Executes signing and marketing checklist to ensure 100% compliance
Functional Technical Competencies
- Customer Service
- Store environment and Experience
- Brand Product Knowledge
- Store Operations
- Retail Metrics
- Personnel Policy and Practices
Leadership competencies necessary to achieve core responsibilities:
- Drive Results
- Customer focus
- Business Acumen
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Integrity and trust
- Take on additional responsibilities as assigned by store manager and district manager
- Adhere to all federal, state and local labor laws
- Ability to work required shifts as outlined in the scheduling guidelines
Education/ Skills experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of one year retail store experience preferred
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer and Math skills helpful