Fastenal Employee Reviews

Interesting
Regional Manager Safety/Security (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 10, 2018
Good place to work as a first job or career. Lots of opportunities for advancement and transfer to anyplace in North America. Definitely recommend for trade careers, but college will help in advancement
Good place but poor management
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJanuary 9, 2018
The job was great but lack of advancement and poor management and pay really becomes stressful when you basically have to run everything yourself. Really poor management
Micro managers
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHJanuary 9, 2018
You are very busy. Employees wear many hats which make the days go by very quickly. However, the pay was not equal to the time and effort that is put into your job.
Pros
A lot to do
Cons
Under paid
Fast paced and competitive
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 8, 2018
very fast paced and competitive. there is a lot of pressure to succeed and if you focus, you will succeed. customer interaction is usually good but there are always some bad eggs. overall good comapny
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
can be stressful
Fastenal
Sales Support Intern (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 8, 2018
This is a very welcoming organization. They ensure that all who partake in projects are aided in any way they need. If you need additional instruction or time (within reason), there will be someone there to guided you in the right direction.
Overall good company to work for
General Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 8, 2018
Good company to work for, hours are great, paid time off is great, decentralized management which is very nice (they leave you alone to run your business). The only issue for me was that they rarely increase pay, and it's not equal from branch to branch. One branch may have a lot more success due to the local market than the other and they make much more than the branch manager working just as hard with a smaller, less productive market. Same goes for the commission they pay.
Focused on growth more than the people
Outside sales (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KSJanuary 7, 2018
Fastenal focused solely on the bottom line. They were not there to serve the customer. It was all about profit and never about providing a service to its customers.
Okay Place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Valley View, OHJanuary 7, 2018
Decent Job to work at, very fast paced environment, had to get certain deliveries done, if not the customers would get upset and angry, pretty much left on your own certain days, undertrained.
Typical Day
Third Party Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 7, 2018
On a typical day at work I provide quotes to customers and constantly answer phone calls and help both our customers and store while tracking customers shipment
Its a good company
Driver (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 7, 2018
I like the company. But I think it could be Better and the truck route could be done in the day time.And the reason why I say that the truck routes could be done in the day time is that more people would your trucks because you truck is a big bill board that can draw more business.
.gm
General Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 7, 2018
.Stable job, a lot of career advancement opportunity, long days to keep up with work load. Pay is adequate with the amount of work that you are willing to put in.
Pros
pay, freedom, your own boss type atmospehere
Cons
your job is never finished, asked to do too many jobs.
Competitive industry
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 5, 2018
Fastenal provides you with the sales tools to succeed in a competitive marketplace. The hardest part is gaining product knowledge in order to provide customers with answers they seek. Once you have a grasp on product and services you will then need to jump into a competitive field and win customers over. Depending on your book of business Fastenal can be a fast paced environment. If you are someone who likes a good challenge and are motivated by goals, there is a place for you at Fastenal. You work with team members to service customers and will rely on their help.
decent job to get life started
Salesman (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COJanuary 4, 2018
Learned quite a bit and was provided all the training you could want; however the pay was not the best. Enjoyed most of the people I work/worked with.
Pros
learning
Cons
pay
Very quick paced. Fun to work with a team. Managers are very nice.
RECEIVING LEAD (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 3, 2018
The typical work day goes by fast as indicated by the name fastenal. It is a very quick paced company with nice and set times for your hours. Everyone works together and it is very fun.
Pros
You work with people and soon become friends
Cons
Lots of work good to keep you busy
Learned a lot about office culture
NAFTA SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNJanuary 3, 2018
Learned a lot about office culture, but the pay was not good. Upper management would come to my University and talk a lot about how much you will learn about the job, but when I started working there they skimp out on pay.
Store Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Morris, ILJanuary 2, 2018
This is a good place to work and I would recommend it to someone else. Just looking for something new. Not as fast paced as I would like, slow moving.
fun place to work
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2018
i love working there nothing bad to say about it would tell anybody to work there its a really great company like it really is!its very down to earth and easy going
good
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 2, 2018
overall, a good place to work, just didn't pay very much. very flexible with hours though. great college job. management is excellent, coworkers easy to get along with, laid back but fast paced culture. and again, great management.
Work as a Team
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Sturgeon Bay, WIJanuary 2, 2018
My main job is to maintain the vending machine program at our Onsite. Using software I check on product that is below mininum or out of stock. I compile restock lists and then pick and deliver the items to each machine. I also check departments for needs of OEM parts and shop supplies. I create quotes for these items. I also take care of the OEM, shop supply needs and vending in a separate building. I take care of the supply, fastener and other needs of an adult workshop that does assembly for our customer. When in the office I wait on walk-in customers and provide quotes for tools, supplies and equipment.
Pros
Variety, Interesting
Cons
Low pay, delivery to other buildings is cumbersome
all aroud good job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oak Ridge, TNDecember 30, 2017
I was pleased with the amount of hours I got. had wonderful co workers. nice environment to work in. I absolutely loved my job, just could not work for them due to location