Fastenal Employee Reviews

terrible Company
Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 26, 2018
Upper mgt treats employees like gum you stepped in on the sidewalk. The company is meant to brain wash young employees into thinking it has great opportunities and makes you think pay has endless opportunity... false
Pros
Easy to get on
Cons
To many to list
picker
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 25, 2018
As a picker my job was to up or down the floor of warehouse to get products that rf gun told me to pick and which floor they were in. some products need to be counted packed in box. some products needed to be weighed and then put in box was a hard job that revolve concentration and focus.
Pros
hours, pay
Cons
no benefits
tired of reviewing jobs just for people to see my resume on indeed
Sorter Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 24, 2018
job was my favorite job that i have had so far only thing that sucked was we were under staff and i had to fill that slack so i was doing 3-4 peoples job
Great Internship
Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDJanuary 24, 2018
Laid back environment that provides many chances to learn. GM of the store was extremely friendly and helpful no matter what the situation was. Terrific experience for me.
Hires from within, relaxed atmosphere
Onsite Account Representative (Full-Time) (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 23, 2018
Management was usually good. Current manager in Georgetown is excellent. Plenty of room for advancement for hard workers who understand sales. Pay is unattractive until you hit management levels. Make it what you want.
Pros
No weekends
Cons
Lower starting salary
Good place for college student
Part time Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJanuary 23, 2018
As a part time employee and full time student the hours were very flexible. They are very motivated to transition part time employees to full time after the completion of a college degree.
Pros
Flexible hours
Good job with opportunity for advancement
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJJanuary 23, 2018
Good job with opportunity for advancement. Product knowledge is paramount. Must be well versed in product offerings and applications to be successful.
Decietful and unfair to coworkers
Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2018
warehouse distribution conveyor belt system along with forklift. Achieved forklift certification and obtained management position. Workplace culture was slim to none and the hardest part was lack of concern for the workers. The best part was getting out the door when your work was completed.
Pros
Forklift
Cons
short breaks and healthcare
Job mostly for college students looking for extra money.
Picking (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJanuary 22, 2018
My department was very physically demanding. I picked threaded rod and bridge construction bolts and sent them to shipping. I liked the job because it helped me stay in shape but an injury I suffered in the military made it very painful to be on my feet and carrying heavy objects all night.
The management was friendly and flexible with hours.
Pros
Good work out, decent pay for a part time job.
Cons
Only part time with no benefits.
Great Team Work
Services Procurement Support (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 22, 2018
Fastenal is a great company to work for! Everyone helps each other when they are in need, without complaining. I will say a lot of my success has came from my manager! I thank her everyday!
Pros
Cons
Salary
Its a fast and Productive working enviorment
Parts Puller (Current Employee) –  Edwardsville, KSJanuary 21, 2018
Fastenal is a great & fun place to work. Most everyone is friendly which makes work more enjoyable.
When I arrive at work I immediately clock in, go get my supplies, go to my picking racks and start orders.
Pros
Free food, box of goodies at Christmas, 30-60 min lunch break.
Cons
Staying later than Im supposed to.
sales suppirt (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSJanuary 21, 2018
A fair company to work for but believe more in part-time and they try to keep full time employee down.This is the most I have to say about this. Fasternal is more of a part time with no benefits and they work to keep their full time personnel down to a minum.
Pros
very few
Cons
they have a large turn over
Flexible and Productive place to work
Product Handling / Small Parts Sortation / Trainer (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 21, 2018
Great management that are flexible with all work/school schedules. Nice people who are there to work efficiently. A typical day consists of picking inventory, sorting those items accordingly, and working with others to ensure daily distributing goals are met.
Worst place to work
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 21, 2018
Over worked under paid with baf benefits. Everyone doesn't do anything. Managers expect you to do there job and everyone else's job. In my area I was the one to get things rolling and everyone else would just stand around.
Good starting point
General Manager (Current Employee) –  USAJanuary 21, 2018
Good beginner sales company. I would not stay longer than 5 years though. Pay is a lot higher at other companies but this is a good way to start a sales career.
Not Applicable
Sales Support Associate / Parts Technician (Current Employee) –  Carolina Heights, NCJanuary 20, 2018
Not Applicable
Great Benefits
Good Vacation
Work hours can very and are very flexible. Co-Workers are very friendly and easy to get along with.
Great advancement and coaching.
Relaxed work place
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNJanuary 17, 2018
Very relaxed and non stressful place to work. I worked this job while going to school and the management was awesome and understanding about my schedule.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
Lots of diversity at the workplace
District Asset / Collections (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJanuary 17, 2018
Fast paced and diverse. Sales and goal driven. Managers have the hardest job to be successful. Many different jobs to do, one would never be bored. Can be a lot of fun, working with others as a team.
Pros
Making sales is making money
Cons
Asked to work too many hours
Unproductive place to work
Inside Sales Support/CSR (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GA 30071January 17, 2018
Too much screwing around.
I did learn a lot there.
Management? What management, definitely not management material.
Negative
Working for a person who should not have the manager position.
Having the freedom when delivering product
Fun place to work
Mini load (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 16, 2018
Fasted paced, great place,and nice people. They work with you and your schedule of life. Hours are very flexible. Managers are very understanding and polite.