Fastenal Employee Reviews

Found 1,119 reviews matching the search
love fastenal
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMarch 28, 2017
I loved working for Fastenal! Love the people I worked for and worked with! I like the job itself I was always busy doing something and communicating with customers!
Pros
chill work place
Cons
not enough hours
Good product knowledge training, overall good workplace culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 28, 2017
The Fastenal branch that I worked at as a sales associate is an extremely exceptional branch in terms of performance and staff quality, so my experiences at the company are likely more positive than most. That being said, besides upper management cutting part time employee's hours (among other things that I saw being detrimental to company performance) it was a great overall experience. I was working under a great manager who was very supportive of the staff overall and was able to get work done while maintaining an upbeat work atmosphere.
Fantastic experience overall, however I would caution those looking to build a career with the company as upper management has been making questionable decisions for the past year. Plus you learn a ton about fasteners and construction materials.
Pros
Good training, upbeat work atmosphere
Cons
Upper management making bad decisions that effect mostly lower level employees
Saftey always was there number one priority
Part Time-Receiver (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 28, 2017
When working part time they were willing to work with my schedule to accommodate me. They had a good bounce incentive that helped people the achieve their goals for the day.
Fun but unprofessional workplace and structure of company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tupelo, MSMarch 27, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Fastenal but became displeased with lack of advancement opportunities and rewards for tenure and rewards for excelling. At times it was a good company to work for but not a career.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Professionalism and Pay Structure
Good company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHMarch 27, 2017
Fastenal was a good place to work for a college summer job. The job, however, does not offer opportunities to move up the company and is not exactly in my desired field.
Fast paced, Lots of followup work
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winona, MNMarch 27, 2017
Fast paced, large work loads. You never really feel like you finished anything at the end of the day. Very big Corp. company. You are just another number.
Good starter job
Sales (Former Employee) –  HoustonMarch 27, 2017
Good job for someone fresh out of college or high school but not a long term solution. Pay is meager but enough to cover your bills. Upper level management feeds a steady stream of propaganda to the store.
Pros
Relatively secure employment
Cons
Poor pay structure
Fast Solutions Field Rep (Former Employee) –  South Florida, FLMarch 26, 2017
Fastenal was one of my favorite jobs. I enjoyed the traveling as well as meeting people from so many different industries and conducting business solutions with them.
Fun place to work and i love the people
Recieving (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNMarch 23, 2017
This is really a company that can be used to build a good resume, or move up in the company fairly quickly. Also the people are very like able and friendly. I would recommend this job to someone but be prepared to work hard.
Pros
some free time in between busy spells
Cons
lots of lifting in the warehouse
Fun Work Place
Sales (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, OHMarch 22, 2017
Incredible environment with fantastic customer relationships and Training. Fastenal is a great company to work for with so much opportunity and growth.
productive, social
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2017
Daily review of what need's to be complete for the day and the amount of production and goals that were made before your shift. Grab equipment fill out safety check list load trucks maintain conveyor.
Pros
free gatorade
Cons
small break room
Easy job and great management; low hourly pay and salary
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 21, 2017
Fastenal is a great place to work. The management is easy to get along with and they will not fire you. However pay is really low and they tell you that you need to grow the company to make money (hence the job is largely commission based). For part time the job isn't bad. Decent hourly wages, but do not expect to move up the corporate ladder. If you want to make a lot of money long term I do not recommend. Great benefits though. Part timers even get 401k.
Benefits
Cons
Low salary
very poor place to work
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Charlevoix, MIMarch 21, 2017
I would never recommend this place to anyone, constantly being asked to rip off customers, in any way possible, over charging, phantom parts, the list goes on and on
Pros
Cons
fastenal
Focus on pinching every penny at employees exepense
General Manager (Current Employee) –  VAMarch 19, 2017
Company constantly finds ways to penalize honest employees, creating an environment full of dishonesty and cheats. There is a reason why turnover is so high and tenure so low. Despite your best intentions, you will be let down by internal infrastructure time and time again. Don't expect any help from co-workers as the business structure does not promote team work.
Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cedar City, UTMarch 19, 2017
This is a great company to work for career advancemnt is a huge part of this company as they like to promote from within. Management is all on the same page at every level and that helps the company grow.
Great work/life balance
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHMarch 19, 2017
Being stuck under poor management can ruin your career with Fastenal. Part timers are cut to 15-20 hours during holiday season. Every day is different so work does not become stagnant.
Pros
Weekends Off
Cons
Poor management
Lots of products to offer
Outside Sales & Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 19, 2017
Lots of products to offer customers good environment for growth, strong logistics system to manage inventory and move products. Lots of branches smaller sales areas
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Lots of branches
Ok place
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMarch 15, 2017
Ok place to work can be fun at times, But they want a lot of work for a little amount of pay. They want to pay you off gross sales but when your doing well already you can milk a dry cow.
Unhappy and Treated poorly
Regional Team Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT 84104March 14, 2017
I worked here for only a few months. They lied from the beginning, and ever stopped. I never saw home, and was not making the money promised. As a CDL driver, they were still paying non-CDL wages.
Good Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYMarch 13, 2017
Lot of driven people who try their best to help you succeed. Your attitude and hard-work directly reflect how quickly you can move throughout the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fastenal. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9