Fastenal Employee Reviews

Found 1,076 reviews matching the search
Hard Work Pays Off
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Needham, MAJanuary 27, 2017
Hard work is rewarded with promotions throughout the company, however the compensation throughout these advancements is less than average.

Resources are fully available throughout the company to help with any issues that arise throughout your career.
Great work place while i was going to the University of North Texas. They were flexible with hours for college students.
Lead, Hub Manager, Vendors, and occasionally (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 26, 2017
I built Vending Machines for customers expectations. that would help them control there inventory, Gloves , glasses and anything the employees needed for there job duty's.
Pros
No free Lunches
Cons
No Heath Care
Good start up job
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJanuary 26, 2017
I learned time management and customer relations, and how to network and develop sales tactics. This was beneficial in the development of growing as a work force professional.
Great days because of great people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Steubenville, OHJanuary 23, 2017
Having been with Fastenal since early May of 2016, I have had the privilege to work with some extraordinary individuals. My coworkers help to keep the work environment fun, loose and as a result, productive. I have made good friends with my coworkers and others within the company. I really enjoy my time at work.
Decent!
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARJanuary 23, 2017
Great place to work but not a lot of room to grow if you aren't in good with certain people within the company. Learned a lot while working for the company. Just not a company I wanted to work for or retire with.
Amazing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 20, 2017
Work schedule was very flexible and the culture made it easy to love the job. Management worked just as hard if not more than the person beside them. Felt more like family than an employee.
Pros
Fastenal Truck, Flexibility, Atmosphere
Cons
Not enough people
Raise dangling
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 20, 2017
The management tells you you are getting a raise but 6 months later you are still making the same amount. Raise dangling methods occur when asinine managers attempt to manipulate employees.
Pros
nice people
Cons
Few brakes, raise dangling (no raise after 6 month promise)
Productive and great enviroment.
Account Specialist, Store Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Great company to work for. Has great benefits. Gain a lot of experience with not only industrial supplies but purchasing and also sourcing product for customers.
Good people, but emphasis on being frugal (Including employees)
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Seaside, CAJanuary 19, 2017
The workplace itself was actually pretty nice. Management was fair, and the workload was busy enough to make it decent. However, the chance for advancement seemed minimal at best. District and Regional Managers are stingy with promotions, even with recommendations from general manager.
No Advancement
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Worked as a naval nuclear propulsion mechanic, worked in a warehouse for 3 years and couldn't get a job as a mechanic or more than 1 interview. After the 7th attempt to switch departments and took up of my displeasure with HR for being passed over for the interview process I left.
Behind with employee benefits
Manager (Former Employee) –  OHJanuary 17, 2017
Employee benefits have regressed not expanded. Overall great company to start your career. Difficult to hold employees as they grow and mature. Other companies will offer more for top performers. My cell phone is primarily used to contact customers and for them to contact me. A "discount" with the wireless provider is all I am compensated for. I have no access to our system to place orders. I have to be at the office or call them in.
Pros
Flexibility, hours, management, vacation
Cons
No cell phone allowance, no laptop, no ipad
The position is more stressful than it needs to be
Help Desk Support (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 16, 2017
No time is given for in depth training, and accessibility to the necessary information to do my job effectively is minimal. There is miscommunication and learning my position has been series of trial and error.
fastenal
Sales Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Ithaca, NYJanuary 16, 2017
fastenal is good if you want to work part time and if you want to work for a company that does not care about thier employees
Not the best if your looking for growth, promotion within company
Overstock Picker (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 16, 2017
have worked here over a year and i like my job. But i have not been promoted as much as i feel i should and they are not fair about everything
Very poor executive leadership!
General Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 15, 2017
There is not any corporate leadership! The current CEO is the ex-CFO, and he is simply trying to cut expenses to profitability (and that will never happen!). It was once a very good company to work for, as it was focused on growing. Was founded on the principles of decentralized decision making, but over the last 10 years all corporate decisions have been done with single brush stroke.
Pros
None!
Cons
Horrible base salaries. Bad commission plans. Company has NO direction!
Good Job with a solid stable company
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJanuary 14, 2017
Really my only complaint was compensation. I understood it and couldn't really fault it other than it is the same no matter where you live. The problem with this is that it doesn't cost the same to live everywhere. My salary didn't provide a quality of life where I live.
Pros
Mon. - Fri. Schedule is consistent and managable
Cons
Salary as a GM wasn't good enough, Even worse for sales people
Good Job.
Sales Trainee (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 14, 2017
This is a good job. Part time is how everyone starts, but they hire from within. Hours of operation limit it to a job for just the weekdays. Competitive pay for the requirements.
Horrible management
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Oconomowoc, WIJanuary 10, 2017
The manager was unwilling to help solve employee conflicts. There were NO meetings at all. Being a new employee, I wanted opportunity to grow and learn but this was not the place to grow a new set of professional skills.
Pros
Hour lunch break, Great insurance benefits
Cons
Low paying job
Simple and easy
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Twinsburg, OHJanuary 9, 2017
Pretty easy going place to work. Unless you have a manager that likes to micromanage. Do not need need any special skill to work there. Pretty laid back at most branches
Pros
Easy, you are not constantly working
Cons
Tough to climb up the ladder
very large company with a small company feel
Network Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJanuary 9, 2017
My position at the company was pretty enjoyable. It did require some tedious work but the customers were entertaining and unique while the co-workers are lively and always willing to help
Pros
surprise free lunches and gifts
Cons
can get tedious

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fastenal. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9