Fastenal Employee Reviews

Found 1,119 reviews matching the search
Vending specialist/Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2017
I don't approve of this company. Do Not apply here, waste of time, no advancement, no respect. Do not apply here. Horrible place.
Experience
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Shelby Twp, MIFebruary 16, 2017
A quality company for sales and independent growth. Allows each member to pursue their best potential within the company and sales.
Lots of learning and traveling for training
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, ARFebruary 15, 2017
Fastenal was a decent company to work for but being an outside salesman was tough considering the brand is the most expensive in the industry. I really had to develop relationships with my accounts so they would essentially purchase me and not the product.
Pros
Lots of freedom
Cons
A lot of work for little pay
Fastenal Employee
Inside/Outside sales (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVFebruary 15, 2017
I really enjoy working at Fastenal, I love having a set schedule, and they are really good at working around my school schedule. They give good hours and only open 7:20-5 and closed on the weekends. Very good working atmosphere.
Hard work little pay
Mini Load Picker (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Hard work, not enough hours, will hardly ever get a chance to become manager and get 40 hrs a week. The managers are great. This company is good for young people who are just staring to work.
Fun place to work
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNFebruary 14, 2017
Working at receiving for Fastenal I was in charge of making sure orders get received in properly. I also expedited parts to their proper locations within the warehouse.
Good place to learn your trade. They do little to keep experienced people.
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAFebruary 13, 2017
Good place to work. Good people. You get stuck in a role here and have little room for advancement until people leave. However people leave often as they don't pay that well on the top end. If you have some schooling in machine tool technology and want to learn your craft though its a good place to start.
Pros
Decent Benefits, Good Vacation
Cons
Top end pay
Active self-growing career
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 13, 2017
Great moments to build and grow the business.
Always have help when needed, but can learn to develop your own solutions as well.
Respectful management
Pros
Great growth, management
Cons
Less than appreciative clientele
Advancement
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNFebruary 13, 2017
Advances Easily, otj training and competitive sales. No cold calling, customer base is already built. Sales goals and margin growth required.
Picker (Former Employee) –  Akron, OH 44314February 12, 2017
Fastenal is a great place to work. You get your percentage of how you did during the week. Management always congratulated you on how well you were progressing.
Pros
Cons
no breaks
CDL Fastenal Truck Driver IHUB
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 10, 2017
Management is nice and treats you with respect. Hard work, heavy lifting 13 hr days/ 4 days a week. Work in any weather. Stores you deliver to are not in safe parts of town. And you deliver from 12:00 am to 7 am. Good Equipment.
Better choices but it will work for a filler job.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIFebruary 8, 2017
If you're 24 years old, fine with making $24K and plan on being around for 24 months than this is the job for you. Anyone else should pass.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
No advancement if not a "chosen one".
Fast Paced Work Environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 7, 2017
Fastenal is a fun and fast moving sales driven environment that provides a great learning experience for people beginning their careers. Although the culture at Fastenal is great, the compensation is questionable at best. I've found that the pay structure often changes and it becomes difficult to personally develop and grow within the company past the General Manager position.
Horrible place to work
HR Assistant/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 7, 2017
Management is a joke. I was there for six years and no raise. Was never offered full time employment. Overall the work environment was bad.
Horrible place to work
Human Resources Assistant- Adminstration (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 7, 2017
Been there 6 years and never offered full time. Wages were horrible and management sucked. The job was a all around joke and everyone in upper management lied about numerous things.
i learned a lot about industral supplies company
Sales/ vendor support (Former Employee) –  Batesville, ARFebruary 7, 2017
Fastenal has a enjoyable atmosphere with very diverse customers. I got to Build and grow in customer relations in many different company environments.
Great team effort mindset good incentives!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  VermontFebruary 7, 2017
The educational aspects of the company is great. I have gained more confidence in my sales approach. I also have been able to learn the ins and outs of the industrial distribution business.
Pros
Good benifits, great entree level position and salary
Cons
High turnover of sales representatives making it challanging to maintain customer relationships.
Sales Associate
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bethpage, NYFebruary 6, 2017
I open the store everyday. I boot up all computers, check any incoming orders. Process orders in a timely manner. Check on all deliveries. Check on new product sales.
Review as an Onsite Employee
Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 4, 2017
As an onsite employee your work/life balance sucks. Constantly working over your initial shift and pulling 12-16 hour days. Coming in early all the time as well. Lets not forget you're an EXEMPT employee. So you don't get paid for overtime. I never even really got my lunch breaks or paid breaks. I had to work straight through my day.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Bad Work Life Balance.
Not great
Full Time Lead (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 1, 2017
High turn over rate in many areas of the building leave some departments stretched thin at times. Minimal opportunity for advancement.
Cons
low pay, minimal advancement opportunities.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fastenal. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9