Fastenal

Fastenal Employee Reviews

Good start to career
Inside Sales (Current Employee), indianaFebruary 12, 2015
I have enjoyed working here. Managers vary from store to store you. May have to wait a while to move up unless you are willing to relocate.
Great Starting Position
Data Research (Current Employee), Winona, MNFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: free flow work environment
Cons: not enough feedback
This was a great position to begin a career, with great pay for a part time worker. Being able to work in depth on a project was very rewarding.
Fair Company
Account Specialist (Current Employee), Duquesne, PAFebruary 12, 2015
Fastenal is a fair company to work for, the pay is decent starting off. There are few career advancement opportunities, but when one is available the pay is greatly increased.
Great group of guys upper management not the best
General Manager (Former Employee), New YorkFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: great group of guys in branch
Cons: long hours, expected to hit sales numbers, high pressure depending on who your district manager is.
I had a great time working in the branch they higher great people but once you hit the General Manager position the room for advancement is minimal. Be careful what you say around co-workers they might throw you under the bus for that next promotion. I don't miss the hours 50+ a week to make not much more then 50 grand. Corporate has the pay calculator figured out so that you will never make 6 figures.
Great place to gain experience
Outside Sales Specialist (Current Employee), Murrieta, CAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good benefits, great schedule
Cons: stretched to thin over to to many tasks
Great stepping stone, high stress, have you doing more task than one employee can effectively manage. Great benefits and Commission. Great work schedule.
Great entry level job with room to grow your career
Sales Associate (Current Employee), USAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: good training, easy to get help with questions, weekends off
Cons: bad overall company moral
A great place to start as a college student. You have a lot of room to grow and if you show your management you have what it takes you can really be rewarded and go far. It is tough at times but hard work does pay off.
Productive and fun work environment
Sales Representative and Customer Service (Current Employee), Dalton, GAFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: great customer service interaction on a daily basis
Selling industrial tools and supplies is award winning. The timing of the culture is growing day-by-day through satisfied customer service. They do not employ through temporary staffing agencies, so one can grow and develop knowledge while moving up and advancing from with-in. I would acknowledge anyone to apply to this great career opportunity with the Fastenal Company.
Lack of management
sales (Former Employee), lakelandFebruary 8, 2015
Open store in morning with co workers. Manager is always late for meetings and careless of store, keeping it organized and well clean. We sell fasteners, and help customers find what theyre looking for.
Sales / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Antigo, WIFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: great managment
Cons: small city
I enjoyed working at Fastenal and the great employees also.
There was great customers and a fun place to work overall.
Room for advancement was great
Very fast paced with free vending machines
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch friends staying busy
Cons: healthcare no raises
Atypical day at work for me would be operating a forklift for around 3-5 hours. Moving products around to a specific destination and placing the items on conveyor belts. The management was very unstable continuously had a new manager never had a set manager. My coworkers are awesome best group of guys i worked with by far. The hardest part of the job would definitely have been the switch truck. Most enjoyable part is lunch break, because depending on how well performed our supervisor provided lunch for us.
N/A
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lenexa, KSFebruary 2, 2015
. Monday-Friday 7-5 if full time during busy season
. Hours cut to 9-5 during slow season
. Industrial sales company that focuses on fasteners and safety equipment
A great learning experience for the field of Supply Chain Mana
Sales Associate (Internship) (Current Employee), Flanders, NJFebruary 2, 2015
When working at Fastenal I felt a strong pride for all the work I was doing. I felt like I was my own boss, people depended on me to get work done and I also depended on myself or I wouldn't be living up to the fullest of my potential. Fastenal has given me deeper insight to the word of logistics and procurement in the supply chain management world. I know the experience I gain from here I will be able to apply to every position in the future.
Flexible work schedule but almost no hope for advancement
Bulk Receiver (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: working with the delivery drivers
Cons: no full-time employment or healthcare
A typical day at Fastenal starts off with clocking in and working with the delivery drivers to get them docked and unloaded in a timely fashion. I will then either help the receiving staff verify orders into our inventory or operate a fork lift to deliver pallets of product to various parts of the warehouse. I also assist, when I can, with the training of new employee. My favorite part of this job is helping my co-workers and attending to the delivery drivers.
GO BLUE TEAM!!
Account Specialist (Former Employee), TimoniumJanuary 29, 2015
Really enjoyed working for Fastenal! Take advantage of the 401K and Profit Sharing.
Laid back work place
Sales Support (Current Employee), Lawrence, KSJanuary 26, 2015
A typical day consists of opening the store at 7, receiving in stock, putting stock away and making deliveries. Along with helping walk-in customers and answering phones.
Blue Collar workplace
STRATEGIC SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: independence to run a small business unit
Cons: overwhelming from a corporate direction
Typical day:

Receiving product, packing orders, sales calls, quoting, sourcing, deliveries and inventory management.

Fastenal gives you the opportunity to run a small business with the resources a phone call away. T
Good place to start
Sales Intern (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, WAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: lots of job opportunities, learn the basics of business, knowledge about industrial supply industry and products
Cons: repetitive work, pressure to increase sales and meet goals, low pay, high turnover
Good place to start if you want to get into business.
Learn about:
- Account management
- Merchandising
Good Company
Account Specialist (Current Employee), GeorgiaJanuary 22, 2015
Great resume builder. You will work hard, and you can accomplish what you want to. The pressure is there to accomplish though.
sales support
Sales Support Team (Current Employee), Tea, South DakotaJanuary 20, 2015
My job responsibilities consist of managing existing accounts while expanding their product line. I am also responsible of territory expansion by attain new accounts and clients.
great work place enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 19, 2015
this was by far my favorite place to work. I loved everything about this job. the people, my manager. It was a very fast paced environment with challenging duties. The hardest part of the job was cycle counting and making sure that everything was accounted for every day. That and dealing with unsatisfied customers.

About Fastenal

Some might say it has a screw loose, but things are really pretty snug at Fastenal. The company operates about 2,600 stores in – Read more

Fastenal Salaries