6560 Weatherfield Court
Maumee, OH 43537
Located in Maumee, Ohio, FASTER, Inc. was established in 1992 as the North American sales, marketing, technical, and distribution center for FASTER® quick-release couplings. Our objective is to be the North American leader in the distribution of quick release couplings for hydraulic and refrigeration applications through customer satisfaction, continued engagement to keep and improve quality standards, personnel satisfaction, and environmental respect. FASTER, Inc. is ISO 9001:2000 certified.
Faster Inc, located in Maumee, Ohio, has an immediate opening for an Application Engineer. This position supports the external customer needs in the market by reviewing customer specifications, aligning Faster products to meet those specifications and then generating proposals. This position serves as an integral link between regional sales managers, design engineering and the customer to ensure proposals have the appropriate commercial and performance metrics delivered to the market.
Key responsibilities included but are not limited to:
- Review and analyze customer requirements for application of products and recommend a suitable product selection with due regard for internal engineering and manufacturing capabilities.
- Acts as liaison between engineering and sales representatives regarding specific product applications, product design improvements and possible product development ideas and concepts including field complaints.
- Identify and propose new market opportunities while increasing existing opportunities. Provide input regarding competitive products, trends & activities, and regarding customer needs.
- During proposal generation, serves as a liaison between customer needs and other departments concerning all aspects of customer orders such as inspections, deliveries, scheduling, spare parts list, etc.
- Provides technical assistance, information, support and guidance to customers and customer service representatives to maximize sales volume and earnings, market penetration of products and effective relationships with customers.
- Coordinates with relevant personnel to determine what in-plant equipment testing is required to meet customer specifications, if any, or as required.
- Engage in continuous improvement for processes included in and adjacent to job role.
- Recognize and resolve customer satisfaction issues (both internal and external).
- Stays current on competitive market and product information.
- Ability to travel up to 20% (overnight) for customer visits and training.
- Knowledge of Microsoft NAV 2009
- Experience with hydraulic/pneumatic components or circuits.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications
- Understanding of basic manufacturing processes
The ideal candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline preferably Mechanical from a 4-year college or university, at least 2 years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
It is essential that the Application Engineer possess strong communication skills, including the ability to prepare Excel, Word, and PowerPoint documentation and present them in a professional manner.
FASTER offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and life insurance.
Feel free to visit our website at www.fasterinc.com