6560 Weatherfield Court
Maumee, OH 43537
Warranty Coordinator / Engineer
Located in Maumee, Ohio, FASTER, Inc. was established in 1992 as the North American sales, marketing, technical, and distribution center for FASTER® quick-release couplings. Our objective is to be the North American leader in the distribution of quick release couplings for hydraulic and refrigeration applications through customer satisfaction, continued engagement to keep and improve quality standards, personnel satisfaction, and environmental respect. FASTER, Inc. is ISO 9001:2000 certified.
Faster Inc, located in Maumee, Ohio, has an immediate opening for a Warranty Coordinator / Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading Quality Engineering activates with focus on driving continuous improvement and directly support customer quality requirements.
Key responsibilities included but are not limited to:
- Leading structured team problem solving efforts (Six-Sigma, 8D, and Corrective/Preventive Action Reports) to resolve internal/external issues.
- Provide timely reporting regarding product performance and customer satisfaction to the various departments and groups responsible for designing, engineering, manufacturing, quality, sales and product support.
- Assist in analyzing warranty parts returned with responsible parties to determine cause of failure and necessary corrective measures
- Enter, review and process warranty claims for all products. Follow-up on pending warranty claims to bring to resolution, either issue credit or deny.
- Be a good steward of company funds while paying dealers equitably for the warranty service provided within the guidelines of published warranty policies, procedures and flat rate schedules.
- Be aware of increased warranty claims, operating issues and/or ordering trends in parts and components which could indicate widespread failure is at hand, advise those who need to know and assist in finding a solution.
- Driving Continuous Improvement of the Quality Management System utilizing Faster’s Quality System policies.
- Maintaining and improving compliance to the ISO9001 standard; Quality Audit participation
- Recommend improvements for company policies and procedures to increase customer satisfaction.
- Provide warranty assistance and information to other departments and divisions in the Company.
- Providing quality training to instill a quality minded culture
- Providing direction and leadership to Quality Department personnel.
- Five percent (5%) travel that may include visits to dealer and customers, but will require visits to manufacturing facilities or vendor sites
- 8D Problem Solving
- Knowledge of Microsoft NAV 2009
- Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications
- Inspection and testing equipment knowledge. Inspection technique experience.
- Six-Sigma Knowledge
- Fabrication, machining, and assembly knowledge and experience.
The ideal candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in a related technical discipline from a 4-year college or university, at least 2 years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
It is essential that the Warranty Coordinator possess strong communication skills, including the ability to prepare Excel, Word, and PowerPoint documentation. The ability to respond well to questions and analyze complex requirements is essential
FASTER offers a competitive salary, as well as great benefits, including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, and disability. No relocation is offered
Feel free to visit our website at www.fasterinc.com