Fastsigns Employee Reviews

My time was ok
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 15, 2018
Good place to start off but can get repetitive. Management is ok but could be better, more of a free for all more than a structure. Customer service is great but the products are not good sometimes.
Pros
hour lunch
good company to work for
Installer (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAJanuary 12, 2018
people and work is great. learned a lot. lots of traveling and staying over. the sign business is a great business to get into with many skills to learn and aply in everyday life.
Fun and Creative Place to work
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 11, 2018
FASTSIGNS teaches you the skills needed to consult customers. Once you understand the basics of visual communications, you can then expand on ideas and create new and innovative solutions to opportunities.
Pros
You get to be creative
Cons
Lots of competition
Good Environment
Sign Maker, Production (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 10, 2018
Having a good place tow work is nice. EVeryone got along, did their jobs. I was able to work without a manager behind me at all times. I had the ability to grow as an employee
Stressful job that has its rewards
Graphic Designer (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Not ProvidedJanuary 6, 2018
Working at Fastsigns places a lot of pressures on the individual, as staff is limited. Customers can be difficult, but the reward comes in seeing your work displayed publicly and customers who truly value the work and effort you put forth.
It is what you make it
General Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 21, 2017
Fastsigns is a franchise and many locations can be very different. The San Francisco location is well managed with advanced sign making equipment. The staff was exceptionally vibrant, intelligent and creative. This is a very small company, under 12 people, but there are very few limitations on what you do and learn or on how you can contribute.
Pros
Allot to do an learn for motivated employees
Cons
Limited support for those who are not independently motivated
Fast Signs
Graphic Designer/Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 13, 2017
I enjoyed working for fast signs. All of my fellow employees were very nice and fun to be around.I didn't get as much opportunities to design as I had wanted, but it was a nice job nonetheless.
Fast-Pased and High Stress
Customer Service Representative/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNDecember 11, 2017
This is a job for someone who works well under pressure to get the job done. The hours are great and the atmosphere is fun. Must work well under deadlines.
Always say yes
Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 7, 2017
Retail job, people walk in you need to explain what can and can not be done same day.
Owner never around no leadership.
hiring teenage drop outs over prepess experience = failure
Pros
make your own stuff
Cons
no health care
its a franchise
Sales (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNDecember 7, 2017
hopefully you get on with a franchisee who is willing to pay well.
Despite the fact that the particular franchise i worked with was one of the top earners of over 600 worldwide, these owners did not want to pay their employees well. A particular person who had worked there for over 15 years was only making 11 an hour.
Terrible place to work
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Elkhart, INDecember 4, 2017
Benefits and pay change at the whim of the owner with little to no warning, vacation days are removed as soon as you start, and there is clear favoritism towards the people that have been there an extended period of time to the point that very little gets done in a timely manner and all blame is assessed to the newer employees.
Good Place To start work in the sign industry
Production Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 30, 2017
Was a good place to start work in the signage industry.

Learned a lot about entry level signage and Graphic Design.

Worked with many different Clients
Fun place. Can be stressful during busy season.
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2017
Work becomes pretty routine. Sometimes there's a lot of orders. Sales people are fun to work with. Not a lot of room for creativity. Hours are good.
Good Entry Job
Visual Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 28, 2017
I started working for FastSigns right out of college. It was an easy transition into the full-time work force. A typical day consists of customers picking up orders/placing orders, answering the email and phone calls. I've learned a lot about the sign industry and enjoy getting to see behind the scenes of the production aspect of signs. The hardest part for me was getting to know all of the types of signs we can manufacture. We have connections with vendors from all over the country, in addition to what we can do in house. There is no limit to the amount of different signage and promotional products we can make.
Pros
Bonus when we accomplish/surpass our quota for monthly sales
Cons
No break-room, 1/2 hour lunches
Productive, successful, fun, caring, family
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 22, 2017
Fastsigns is awesome, fun and family orientated. We all work together and accomplish daily goals. We thrive in customer service and satisfaction. I love it!
Pros
understanding
Went to work and worked
Accounts Receivable Liaison (Former Employee) –  Marlton, NJNovember 16, 2017
I made sure the invoices were sent to the correct department. I directed these departments to pay their invoice. I learned that often the customer would want to pay their invoice, but hadn't received it. Once they received the invoice, they paid the invoice. Thank you.
Pros
made my own hours
good job
Prod. Specialist, Engraver Operator and Installer (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNNovember 14, 2017
Fastsigns is a very good Job to grow in knowledge, handyman practice, office environment growth, work as a team, and opportunities to be a better worker
Pros
oppertunities
Cons
low pay some time depends location
Intersesting what the job website will post
Sales (Current Employee) –  Longview, TXNovember 10, 2017
Interesting that posts are linked to this Fastsigns and this job that are from people who have or have had nothing to do with this location. If that discourages a good employee from applying, that would be sad.
Pros
Set hours, days, and expectations
Cons
Advancement really depends on how well I help grow the business.
Long ago
Sign Production/ Sign Installer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 7, 2017
Honestly, I worked there so long ago, there is very little to say. Each store is individually owned, so it all depends on who is your boss. That being said, each boss I had was excellent.
Great social atmosphere, business culture needs a lot of work.
Visual Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Washington StateOctober 23, 2017
They are a new shop here so they are still adjusting but it shouldn't be at the employees expense. The pay is low because they are just starting off but when they promise benefits and raises within a few months and don't deliver, they should know that the moral will start to decline while we all look for new jobs.