FASTSIGNS Employee Reviews

productive, fun work place!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZFebruary 2, 2016
Great team , Wonderful people and lots to learn! Everyone is there to support you and help you be successful!
The hardest part of the job is learning all the materials but that comes with time. This company has many ways to help you learn.
productive work experience with professional time that offers motivation for.quality service and product
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 6, 2016
The most enjoyable aspect of this job to me was that there were only 4 employees at the location I previously worked at. I learned communication within a team is important because all results will be shown in the finally product. The hardest part of the job was ensuring any last minute rush/ urgent orders that needed to be completed. The staff I was working with was a great team and they never let me down when I needed them when there were urgent orders to be filled. The management is another reason why in my opinion this location was successful, the manager was fair, polite, a role model and well knowledgable in the business. One trait I will always take from working here is the customer service experience i gained by working with customers directly and via phone.
Pros
great location, fair compensation, quality service
Cons
401k
Tough job that definitely has it's rewards
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTNovember 9, 2015
Working at Fastsigns is very rewarding, but like any other job it has it's tremendous challenges. I'm glad I've had my experience there.
Fast Pace, Great Knowledge, Unique Experience
Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 18, 2015
This job is interesting everyday. Something new happens and you have to be quick to get the job done. Hours are normal. Benefits for a small company are ok. Could be better. The only thing I disliked about this job is that you never knew when a fast project will drop on you lap. Rush jobs effect the team poorly. Sometimes felt like an outcast. Enjoy the staff which feels like a tight close family.

Overall, this job is great and perfect for someone who does not want to be in the corporate atmosphere. You will learn something new every day and see objects differently. Management remembers that everyone is human and works with you in regards to any situation whether personally or professionally.
Pros
Interesting Job and Days
Cons
Benefits, Bonuses
Fun place to work at.
Production/ Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Plano TXSeptember 28, 2015
Employees come and go but for the most part it always seems to be lively people. If you work in production, dress code isn't heavily enforced. You can wear ball caps and shorts. All in all a great place to start if you have desires to break in the sign industry.
Pros
Hour lunches, weekends off.
Cons
Few benefits.
Manager was a 5 year old in a man's body
Lead Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, ArizonaSeptember 17, 2015
I loved working with graphics and signs, however the owner of this franchise made it a very difficult place to work. The own would throw fits at anyone like a 5 year old with a tantrum, this did not matter if it were in front of customers or other employees. The owner was very demanding, unorganized and blamed others for his own mistakes.

It was nice to have a set schedule every day and paid holidays off. But offered no real benefits for working for this company.
Pros
working with graphics
Cons
Owner, low pay, no benefits
Fun Enjoyable Work
Manager, Graphic Designer, Lead Production, CSR (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 10, 2015
Meet with a client and determain there needs. Then come you with a design to for the product. once design is approved you move to manufacturing the product and if needed installing it.
Productive work place
Account Manager/Outside Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 3, 2015
FASTSIGNS is a great company to begin a career with. We have a very small office. It can be very fast-paced on some days, other days not so much. Coworkers all have their own way of doing things, which you learn to develop your own as well. M
Great Love Working Here
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 21, 2015
They are easy going fun to work for and help you grow. I have been as happy as can be at Fastsigns for the last 3 years. Right away in the day we all look over what has to be done and make a game plan then the phone rings and we are off to the races.
fast paced business with large clientele
Sales Manager, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 4, 2015
I would arrive in the morning and review all of my accounts, whether active or prospective customers. After this I would check on the status of customers' order's and make sure they were on track for the expected completion date as well as answer phone calls and help in store customers with their needs. On occasion I had to travel to the businesses to meet with clientele and discuss their signage needs. Also on occasion I would help with production in the back and fix minor issues with our equipment.
Fastsigns International
Digital output designer/manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, OhioMay 3, 2015
Fastsigns International is a highly competent company and extremely well thought out. I enjoyed working there. The best part was being able to utilise all my skill sets while working at this location.
Great Schedule
Visual Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  American Canyon, CAApril 17, 2015
Great work schedule, poor management, and environment. Each FASTSINGS is a franchise and operated as a small business. No SOP
Great Expereince
Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Addison, TXApril 4, 2015
great experience but not always room to move due to small work environment. Culture is not what it used to be when I first started.
Productive and relaxed atmosphere with music always going
Creative Director and Productions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hoover, ALMarch 2, 2015
FASTSIGNS is a great place to work, especially this particular franchise. The owner is very personable and helpful in any way he can be. Every day is different because we're never doing the same thing twice. It makes it interesting and keeps the monotony out of what would be a "typical" work day. Everyone manages their time pretty well and since we are small we tend to visit each other throughout the day with questions about projects or just general jargon. The hardest part about this job is lifting the heavy rolls of material and sometimes dealing with picky customers. But it has it's advantages too. It's a relaxed placed to be even when we're busy and I'm working several projects at one time.
Pros
music, lunch breaks, friendly and laid-back atmosphere
Cons
can't work from home
its a job if you want it
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Scranton, PAFebruary 25, 2015
I respect the people I worked with. It is not your typical sales or customer service job. Make sure you ask many questions during the interview process
Pros
wonderful co-workers
Cons
no breaks and no healthcare
Productive, fun work environement
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 17, 2015
Every day is filled with production, design and teamwork. I've learned about large format digital printing, sign installation, vehicle wraps, leading team meetings, managing inventory and controlling scheduling production for efficiency and time management. My coworkers are hard working, but fun to be around all day. The hardest part of the job is making sure signs meet company standards and customer satisfaction. We're all about quality. The most enjoyable part is doing what I love, learning more about the sign industry and my coworkers.
Micro Management/poor QM
Account/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 5, 2015
They live in the dark ages and need to get up to speed to support employees so their jobs are done more effective and efficient. They still use a fax machine to send jobs to production. You would expect more from a company with 5 locations and one large production facility.
A lot of chemical exposure in a small space
Graphic Designer/Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 27, 2014
A lot of chemical exposure in a small space, nice people, good hours
High Volume, Repetitious Opportunities
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Bricktown, NJDecember 17, 2014
High volume work with a wide array of local businesses needing quick signage ranging from banners and trade show displays to vehicle lettering all the way down to collateral and promotional products. Small staff that relies upon individuals succeeding personally to allow for a steady flow of jobs to follow through the process from proof to production.
Pros
volume, experience, wide range of clients
Cons
restrictive, creatively stifling, limiting provided assets or desired output.
Great Franchise to work for
Sales/Production (Former Employee) –  Bedford Heights, OHAugust 19, 2014
Enjoy the work. A lot of creativity will help you advance. Small shop with a family atmosphere