Sr. QA / SDET (Software Design Engineer in Test)
FatCloud is an exciting, fast-paced, dynamic, software start-up company in the cloud computing space headquartered in Los Angeles, CA. We are currently in need of a mid to senior level SDET (Software Design Engineer in Test) to help bring a revolutionary new .NET based cloud computing technology to market. This position can be based in Los Angeles, CA (Westwood) or Bellevue, Washington.
You will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the product. You will collaborate with software development engineers to build on-time, quality software in an agile environment. Your main focus will be to develop test strategies, test plans and scenarios, create tools and automation, and execute tests for feature, performanceand load testing. You will analyze test results and work closely with developers to resolve issues and improve quality. You must have solid coding skills and be able to test features both at the API and UI level, and add test hooks as needed. You will
be joining a collaborative, innovative, and technically challenging environment.
The right candidate is a fearless, self-directed, resourceful problem solver who has
a passion for their work, the wisdom gained from experience, and a high attention
- 5+ years of progressive software development or SDET (testing) experience using C# and .NET
- Good knowledge of OOD / OOP practices
- Experience with DBMS: SQL or OODB
- Experience testing and developing test automation for distributed systems
- Experience using debugging tools and good understanding of networking
concepts TCP/IP, UDP
- Experience opening bugs and tracking/driving issues to closure
- Experience executing performance and load tests, analyzing results and
- Experience developing test plans and analyzing key scenarios that will have key
impact on the product and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team
- Superior communication and listening skills
- Must be easy-going, flexible and have the ability to excel in a constantly evolving
Preferred Skills (pluses):
- Bachelor degree; preferably in computer science or engineering
- Prior experience in an agile (scrum) environment
Web Services, Handlers, REST, NoSQL, Netmon, Wireshark, Jira
- VS2010, Windows scripting and power-shell experience
FatCloud offers a business casual work environment, flexible work hours and a
competitive salary. Medical and dental coverage are provided for the employee
and partial coverage is provided for dependents. All major holidays are honored
and employees receive three weeks’ vacation per year.
Depends on experience. $100K - $120K.
Los Angeles, CA (Westwood) or Bellevue, Washington