FatCloud Senior Software Engineer
FatCloud is an exciting, fast-paced, dynamic, software start-up company in the cloud computing space headquartered in Los Angeles, CA (Westwood area). We are currently in need of a senior software engineer to help bring a revolutionary new .NET based cloud computing technology to market.
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of various aspects of a high performance distributed computing platform. You will partner with other developers, QA and IT to build on-time, quality software within an agile environment. You will be immersed in a collaborative, innovative, and technically challenging environment with opportunities to lead, facilitate, and coordinate through all phases of the software development lifecycle. The right candidate is a fearless, self directed, resourceful problem solver who has a passion for their work, the wisdom earned from experience, and the pride and attention to detail of a craftsman.
- 10 years’ experience in Windows technology
o Win32 is a must with an emphasis on file system APIs
o Heavy C and C++ with a demonstrated emphasis on high throughput applications
o Extensive .NET, C# and WCF
- Strong knowledge of OOD / OOP practices
- Extensive experience creating high load, high performance SOA and using n-tier architectures
- Working knowledge of TCP, UDP and SNMP
- Strong experience developing multi-threaded applications
- Extremely competent in performance optimizations and debugging
- Working knowledge of UML and Design Patterns
- Rock solid grasp of SDLC and Agile methodology
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team
- Superior communication and listening skills
- Must be easy-going, flexible and have the ability to excel in a constantly evolving environment
- Preferred Skills (pluses)
- Bachelor degree; preferably in computer science or engineering
- Experience with data structures, algorithms, queuing theory a huge plus
- SQL or OODB experience
- Cloud / distributed computing experience with: Cassandra, Hadoop, Map-Reduce, Big Table or any other cloud experience a HUGE plus!!
FatCloud offers a business casual work environment, flexible work hours and a competitive salary. Medical, dental, vision and life insurance are provided for the employee and partial coverage is provided for dependents. All major holidays are honored.
Depends on experience; $110K - $145K/yr
Indeed - 2 years ago
Founded to solve the real-world problems of enterprise computing, FatCloud is the cloud enabled application platform that allows enterprises...