Father Joe's Villages Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Doing great things for the community
Staff (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2017
Father Joe's is always at the cutting edge of supporting the homeless. You know that your work makes a difference in the community. I invite others to join
Pros
Employee benefits are good
Cons
no 401k match
Multi-faceted experiences
Volunteer Laborer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2016
..An animated often fast paced environment. Open to the concept of taking the initiative to work wherever help is most required. Get to learn different nuances of food preparation and storage. Learn 'get along' skills.
Pros
Smooth efficiencies .. many pleasant people
Cons
Occassionaly work is 'too' physically demanding.. and breaks are skipped.
Father Joes
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2016
Working for father joes I experience poor management, and an unorganized work environment. I would recommend anyone looking for a job to look elsewhere.
Pros
helping the homeless
Cons
poor management, unorganized, favoritism
Run like a corporation. When you have seniority, you are vunerable for termination.
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San DiegoJune 25, 2015
The culture of caring for staff has disappeared with the retirement of Father Joe. The executive staff and boards of the various programs are more concerned with finances than with the well-being of their talented and dedicated staff members. FJV's is a good place to start a career in human services because training opportunities abound, but not a secure place in which to build a career. My advice to current and prospective employees is to plan your departure from the beginning of your employment. This way, it is under your control, and not under the control of management.
Pros
Training
Cons
Capricious about justifications for terminations
High Turnover
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 15, 2015
On a day to day basis I enjoyed working at Father Joe's. I worked with a capable team and it was a cohesive environment. There was a lot of changes within the organization which was at times difficult but we were usually given a period of time with which to adjust to changes. One of the things I like about the organization is the opportunity to learn new skills. We were frequently being trained on how to better serve the population we were working with. I enjoyed working with the clients but at times it was difficult because of the circumstances the homeless population face.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short lunches
Volunteer
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 21, 2013
Volunteer work. Dealt with a lot of homeless. I was an experience I would not mind doing again.