Faulkner Hospital Employee Reviews

Working in healthcare
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAApril 23, 2012
Working in Healthcare for the past couple years has taught me a lot about myself and a lot about customer service. The department has a chain of commands which we follow, which makes it easier to manage and work as a team. My co workers are there for me when needed. The hardest part of the job is sitting with a patient who is going through a psycotic episode for hours and hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I can help others and go home feeling like I did something great today.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no raises
Need intercultural team building
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 20, 2016
I very much enjoyed working with patients. The workplace would benefit from intercultural communications training and team building.
Reputable Hospital in Boston. A lot of room for advancement
Operating Room Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 4, 2013
Good benefits. Takes care of employees. Made sure employees stayed well informed with state laws and requirements. Newly renovated front lobby.
Pros
great parking rates
Cons
job security. maybe better since merger with bwh
Management needs asssitance
Practice Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 7, 2016
Poor staffing here, overworked and underpaid. Great doctors, and staff all around but managed poorly - results in high turnover
I spent 7 years of my life with this organization
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAJune 18, 2015
Job security is not an issue when it comes to Faulkner Hospital. This was a family oriented facility. Here i was given the opportunity to work in food service, in the cafeteria as a cashier and lastly a nursing assistant.
Pros
Well balanced respectable environment where your opinions actually do matter
Cons
Distance from my current address
Excellent support through our Customer Service Manager
Cert. Phlebotomist/Lab Asst (F/T) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 12, 2015
A typical day would be; preparing morning blood draws, stat's, timed and routine. Assisting with outpatient phlebotomy when needed. Specimen processing, answering phones adding all add on's that were called in either by physicians or the nursing staff. Micro Planting when and where needed.
Pros
Laboratory staff was supportive
Cons
No cons
productive and fun
Phlebotomist & Lab Admin (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 4, 2015
I drew about 10-20 or more patients in an hour.
I learned some microbiology and how to plant specimens.
I learned how to separate plasma and send specimens off to Mayo Clinic.
Management was great!
My co-workers were great and easy to work with.
The hardest part of my job was transportation only because I did not have a vehicle at the time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was flawlessly and harmlessly drawing the in and out patients without hurting them and leaving them satisfied.
Pros
friendly environment
A day at work
various titles (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAJuly 20, 2012
Although I liked most of the people I worked with, management prevents you getting ahead since they avoid suggestions for change. There are no protocols, or efforts to keep up with science based practice, etc. It's a hospital of the 70's. This is sad in Boston--the Hospital Mecca. At Faulkner, most of the RNs don't have Bachelor degrees. A few substandard respiratory therapists were hired, and protected for the sole reason that they're a warm body that will work. Corrupt pay scales. The hardest part of the job was having to stay an addition 12 hours because of lack of staffing. Working a 24 hour shift is not safe.
Pros
very friendly people to work with
Cons
bad management in nursing and respiratory. no proactivity to move ahead.
Productive, fun place to work.
Central Sterile Evening Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAJanuary 21, 2013
Very busy operating rooms 35 -50 cases on a typical day from 7am to 11pm. There were even a few days when we did 72 cases before 11pm. Many great surgeons practice here. Very experienced Central Sterile processing techs on the 2nd shift see the bulk of the kits and complete them. As the evening supervisor I was proud of the amount of case carts & instrument kits sterilized making for quick turnover time. The pay was on the low side, however many perks, health insurance, movie tickets, mobile discounts etc.
Pros
management & coworkers here really know their trade, it shows!
Cons
pay is much less than the boston hospitals, no parking.
Very busy at times.
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MANovember 11, 2014
A day in the ER can be busy one minute and very slow the next. I learned how to deal with stress. Management was okay and I liked most of my coworkers. The hardest part was to deal with patients who were upset with the waiting times. The most enjoyable part was when things would run smooth and no one had long wait times.
Pros
earned time off.
Cons
being around sick people.
An Invaluable Position
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 18, 2012
My job as an administrative assistant for a popular surgeon has given me invaluable experience and has taught me how to deal with a variety of people and personalities. My co-workers make the day easier to deal with considering they offer their help any time it is needed. I do enjoy working on my communication skills because this position requires me to interact with several people on a daily basis, allowing me to perfect my abilities.
Pros
close to home, great experience, desireable work environment
Cons
not full time, vacation time
My Day At Faulkner
PNCA ( Dietary assiant) (Current Employee) –  Jamicia Plain, MAJuly 3, 2013
I Insert All Patients Orders. The Meal Orders That Have Not Yet To Be Taken I Call And Get . I Have To Make Sure That I Stay With In The Dietary Restiction Depending On Their Diet. I Go Visit Patients That Cant Answer The phone Or Hard Of Hearing Etc..
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
no place for advancement
Exceptional Med/Surg. Exp.
LPN staff nurse med/surg (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2013
Highly professional mentoring and support. I was offered a variety of training opportunities to enhance my career. Each one valuble in allowing me to expand the plethora of paths I chose.
A great place to work!
Lead Unit Secretary-Radiology Department (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAFebruary 2, 2015
The Radiology Department was a great place to work. My role never felt smaller or bigger than anyone else's. Patients and coworkers were great. I really enjoyed this job and the people!
Some good people but unpredictable hours
Scrub nurse for various MOHS procedures (Current Employee) –  boston maFebruary 22, 2013
very busy
Moh's surgery
Management is good
just the running around
the patients
Pros
patients are great
Cons
no lunch, forced overtime
fast-paced, and friendly staff/patients
Food & Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAJanuary 10, 2013
I loved working for faulkner, as I stated in the last review. That experience for me was life changing. I started off voulnteering then was offered the position as an food and nutrition staff member. And i wish so much I could go back working there I loved the envorinment and the staff was amazing!
A very productive place to work and learning new things
PCA II PACU (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 7, 2013
I would go in check with nurses of any update of patients,stock,transport if needed,make patients comfortable when out of surgery,remove IV'S,dressing,drain chest tubes,empty foley bag,give snack to patients,discharge patient to family when ready to
Great Hospital
Short Order Cook (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 16, 2012
Good management who make sure everything is well with their staff and patients.
not very easygoing
Medical Records Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAApril 24, 2013
filed medical records, made new records but the ladies working there were older and didn't seem to like me much. hardest part of the job was not being able to access records on the computer. the most enjoyable part of the job was lunch hour.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
didnt like me
Teamwork
Patient Care Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MASeptember 2, 2014
Staff is great. Work culture and work ethics provide the best patient care in boston medical area.

4.2