Faulkner Hospital Employee Reviews

great place to work
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 26, 2017
While at the travel company i work at different hospital and different
state.I set up rooms for cases and assisted in cleaning room for next case.I would assisted in putting tray together and getting them ready for the next day.
Radiology Intern/patient coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 21, 2017
My coworkers and I get work done and find time to enjoy each others company. They have been very welcoming and friendly. Landing this job in high school gave me exposure to many possible careers.
Excellent first adult job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAMarch 30, 2017
I started at Faulkner in the x-ray file room, it wasn't the best job but I enjoyed it. Within 2 years I was promoted to work at the reception desk, doing paperwork and taking care of patients. It was a great job and although I felt the tasks just common sense the experience was pricelss, My boss ran multiple department at Faulkner Hospital and offered me a promotion to because the sole Administrative Assistant for the Physical/Occupational department. I loved working in this department, I was able to make changes and improvement to make things run more smoothly. I also was sent to Meditech for training to learn the software so that we could implement an electronic schedule. This was a great experience, I was able to write my first protocols and make major improvement within the department.
Pros
I learned my early management skills
Cons
I outgrow my department and there was no place for me to advance within the Hospital.
family culture, can be a friendly environment
Logistic support (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAOctober 20, 2016
A routine work flow. Most Co- workers here are pretty good people. Ive learned that the desire for growth will take you further. management pros/cons like anywhere else.
Pros
family culture
Cons
a few but still, apply.
excellent facility
Supervisor of Ultrasound (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 2, 2016
A dynamic workplace. Dealing with a variety of patients. Creating a small town environment in a large city. As supervisor of ultrasound sound I was responsible for payroll, ensuring competencies, updating policies and dealing directly with patient care.
Pros
excellent learning enivorment
Need intercultural team building
Certified Nursing Assistant/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 20, 2016
I very much enjoyed working with patients. The workplace would benefit from intercultural communications training and team building.
Management needs asssitance
Practice Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 7, 2016
Poor staffing here, overworked and underpaid. Great doctors, and staff all around but managed poorly - results in high turnover
Excellent support through our Customer Service Manager
Cert. Phlebotomist/Lab Asst (F/T) (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 12, 2015
A typical day would be; preparing morning blood draws, stat's, timed and routine. Assisting with outpatient phlebotomy when needed. Specimen processing, answering phones adding all add on's that were called in either by physicians or the nursing staff. Micro Planting when and where needed.
Pros
Laboratory staff was supportive
Cons
No cons
I spent 7 years of my life with this organization
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAJune 18, 2015
Job security is not an issue when it comes to Faulkner Hospital. This was a family oriented facility. Here i was given the opportunity to work in food service, in the cafeteria as a cashier and lastly a nursing assistant.
Pros
Well balanced respectable environment where your opinions actually do matter
Cons
Distance from my current address
productive and fun
Phlebotomist & Lab Admin (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 4, 2015
I drew about 10-20 or more patients in an hour.
I learned some microbiology and how to plant specimens.
I learned how to separate plasma and send specimens off to Mayo Clinic.
Management was great!
My co-workers were great and easy to work with.
The hardest part of my job was transportation only because I did not have a vehicle at the time.
The most enjoyable part of the job was flawlessly and harmlessly drawing the in and out patients without hurting them and leaving them satisfied.
Pros
friendly environment
A great place to work!
Lead Unit Secretary-Radiology Department (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MAFebruary 2, 2015
The Radiology Department was a great place to work. My role never felt smaller or bigger than anyone else's. Patients and coworkers were great. I really enjoyed this job and the people!
LPN on very big medical unit.
LPN (Former Employee) –  LPNNovember 23, 2014
Thankfully those huge patient assignments are gone.
Better patient care with higher acuity.
Very busy at times.
Greeter (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MANovember 11, 2014
A day in the ER can be busy one minute and very slow the next. I learned how to deal with stress. Management was okay and I liked most of my coworkers. The hardest part was to deal with patients who were upset with the waiting times. The most enjoyable part was when things would run smooth and no one had long wait times.
Pros
Earned time off.
Cons
Being around sick people.
Teamwork
Patient Care Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MASeptember 2, 2014
Staff is great. Work culture and work ethics provide the best patient care in boston medical area.
Great Postion
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 6, 2014
Helful to co-worker, Dotors Very help patent and anyone that needed assisted
lil hospital with opportunit
Central Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 18, 2014
If you really want to get your foot into the door i say start off at faulker. The enviroment is a friendly one you dont have to be hesistant to ask about something that you dont know
Great department to work in with numerous opportunities to work with and support patients and staff.
Temporary secretary in Department of Psychiatry (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 14, 2014
On a typical day in the Outpatient Addiction Recovery program would see me arriving at work by 7:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. The first hour of every day was spent greeting returning participants in the Dual Diagnosis program and registering and orienting new patients into the program. After that, the majority of my day was spent on the telephone. During these calls, I answered questions from prospective clients and health professionals about all of the outpatient addiction programs; interacted with other hospital departments such as the laboratory, medical records and registration. Additionally, I set appointments for the co-medical directors and all of the counseling staff maintaining their calendars.

Among the things I learned during this experience was how to work with insurance companies to verify coverage and obtain authorizations for care. Additionally, I became very adept at screening this complicated population of patients to determine the level of care they required and setting assessment interviews with the appropriate clinical staff.

The people I worked with are among the most compassionate and supportive individuals I have ever known and I am grateful for the opportunity to have worked with them and to count many of them among my best friends.

I am thankful for the opportunity to have worked and become educated in the field of addiction medicine and dually diagnosed patients. I learned to be alert for patient crises and how to deal appropriately with unexpected behavior and events. That may have also been the hardest part of the job - that fine
  more... line between compassion and empathy.

I look forward to having the opportunity to discuss my skills with you in person and finding out about the position of Scheduling Coordinator.
Pros
Meeting with people and helping them confront their fears and issues
Good people to work with
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 19, 2013
Taking care of patients, whether it is making an appointment to checking them in. I learned about the healthcare field itself, checking charts being able to help someone.
Clinical Experience
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Jamaica Plain, MASeptember 30, 2013
This was not a job it was a learning experience. I liked the people I worked with and my mentor.
Reputable Hospital in Boston. A lot of room for advancement
Operating Room Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 4, 2013
Good benefits. Takes care of employees. Made sure employees stayed well informed with state laws and requirements. Newly renovated front lobby.
Pros
Great parking rates
Cons
job security. Maybe better since merger with BWH