Faulkner Hospital

Faulkner Hospital Employer Reviews

Great Postion
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 6, 2014
Helful to co-worker, Dotors Very help patent and anyone that needed assisted
lil hospital with opportunit
Central Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 18, 2014
If you really want to get your foot into the door i say start off at faulker. The enviroment is a friendly one you dont have to be hesistant to ask about something that you dont know
Great department to work in with numerous opportunities to work with and support patients and staff.
Temporary secretary in Department of Psychiatry (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 14, 2014
Pros: meeting with people and helping them confront their fears and issues
On a typical day in the Outpatient Addiction Recovery program would see me arriving at work by 7:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. The first hour of every day was spent greeting returning participants in the Dual Diagnosis program and registering and orienting new patients into the program. After that, the majority of my day was spent on the telephone. – more... During these calls, I answered questions from prospective clients and health professionals about all of the outpatient addiction programs; interacted with other hospital departments such as the laboratory, medical records and registration. Additionally, I set appointments for the co-medical directors and all of the counseling staff maintaining their calendars.

Among the things I learned during this experience was how to work with insurance companies to verify coverage and obtain authorizations for care. Additionally, I became very adept at screening this complicated population of patients to determine the level of care they required and setting assessment interviews with the appropriate clinical staff.

The people I worked with are among the most compassionate and supportive individuals I have ever known and I am grateful for the opportunity to have worked with them and to count many of them among my best friends.

I am thankful for the opportunity to have worked and become educated in the field of addiction medicine and dually diagnosed patients. I learned to be alert for patient crises and how to deal appropriately with unexpected behavior and events. That may have also been the hardest part of the job - that fine line between compassion and empathy.

I look forward to having the opportunity to discuss my skills with you in person and finding out about the position of Scheduling Coordinator. – less
Good people to work with
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 19, 2013
Taking care of patients, whether it is making an appointment to checking them in. I learned about the healthcare field itself, checking charts being able to help someone.
Clinical Experience
Nursing Student (Former Employee), Jamaica Plain, MASeptember 30, 2013
This was not a job it was a learning experience. I liked the people I worked with and my mentor.
Reputable Hospital in Boston. A lot of room for advancement
Operating Room Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 4, 2013
Pros: great parking rates
Cons: job security. maybe better since merger with bwh
Good benefits. Takes care of employees. Made sure employees stayed well informed with state laws and requirements. Newly renovated front lobby.
Great experience
Registration Officer (Former Employee), Jamaica Plain, MAJuly 23, 2013
Faulkner Hospital was my first time working in the hospital. I learned so much about how to interact with patients. showing empathy the sick and their loved ones.
My Day At Faulkner
PNCA ( Dietary assiant) (Current Employee), Jamicia Plain, MAJuly 3, 2013
Pros: nice place to work
Cons: no place for advancement
I Insert All Patients Orders. The Meal Orders That Have Not Yet To Be Taken I Call And Get . I Have To Make Sure That I Stay With In The Dietary Restiction Depending On Their Diet. I Go Visit Patients That Cant Answer The phone Or Hard Of Hearing Etc..
not very easygoing
Medical Records Assistant (Former Employee), Jamaica Plain, MAApril 24, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: didnt like me
filed medical records, made new records but the ladies working there were older and didn't seem to like me much. hardest part of the job was not being able to access records on the computer. the most enjoyable part of the job was lunch hour.
Some good people but unpredictable hours
Scrub nurse for various MOHS procedures (Current Employee), boston maFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: patients are great
Cons: no lunch, forced overtime
very busy
Moh's surgery
Management is good
just the running around
the patients
A very productive place to work and learning new things
PCA II PACU (Former Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 7, 2013
I would go in check with nurses of any update of patients,stock,transport if needed,make patients comfortable when out of surgery,remove IV'S,dressing,drain chest tubes,empty foley bag,give snack to patients,discharge patient to family when ready to
Productive, fun place to work.
Central Sterile Evening Supervisor (Former Employee), Jamaica Plain, MAJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: management & coworkers here really know their trade, it shows!
Cons: pay is much less than the boston hospitals, no parking.
Very busy operating rooms 35 -50 cases on a typical day from 7am to 11pm. There were even a few days when we did 72 cases before 11pm. Many great surgeons practice here. Very experienced Central Sterile processing techs on the 2nd shift see the bulk of the kits and complete them. As the evening supervisor I was proud of the amount of case carts & instrument – more... kits sterilized making for quick turnover time. The pay was on the low side, however many perks, health insurance, movie tickets, mobile discounts etc. – less
Exceptional Med/Surg. Exp.
LPN staff nurse med/surg (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 19, 2013
Highly professional mentoring and support. I was offered a variety of training opportunities to enhance my career. Each one valuble in allowing me to expand the plethora of paths I chose.
fast-paced, and friendly staff/patients
Food & Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee), Jamaica Plain, MAJanuary 10, 2013
I loved working for faulkner, as I stated in the last review. That experience for me was life changing. I started off voulnteering then was offered the position as an food and nutrition staff member. And i wish so much I could go back working there I loved the envorinment and the staff was amazing!
Good
Patient Assistant (Former Employee), Boston, MADecember 18, 2012
The staffed I worked with, was very professional and helpful to any questions i had pertaining the patients, great nursing staff.
My Work
Food and Nutrition (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 17, 2012
Come in make to see if anything extra need to be done. Do my usual work, if I have extra time I will go around and see if anyone need any help with a project. I usually don't ask mangers for extra work, I always find something to do.
One of the best hospitals around
Kitchen (Former Employee), Boston, MASeptember 25, 2012
A typical day at work was fast and fun, the day was over before you know it, didnt want to leave such a beautiful enviroment
A day at work
various titles (Former Employee), Jamaica Plain, MAJuly 20, 2012
Pros: very friendly people to work with
Cons: bad management in nursing and respiratory. no proactivity to move ahead.
Although I liked most of the people I worked with, management prevents you getting ahead since they avoid suggestions for change. There are no protocols, or efforts to keep up with science based practice, etc. It's a hospital of the 70's. This is sad in Boston--the Hospital Mecca. At Faulkner, most of the RNs don't have Bachelor degrees. A few substandard – more... respiratory therapists were hired, and protected for the sole reason that they're a warm body that will work. Corrupt pay scales. The hardest part of the job was having to stay an addition 12 hours because of lack of staffing. Working a 24 hour shift is not safe. – less
Excellent care with caring and attentive staff
Medical/Surgical Social Work Intern (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 27, 2012
Fantastic colleagues who provide excellent care to patients and their families.
The location is great and had a very nice veiw.
Surgical Technician (Former Employee), .Boston MA.May 31, 2012
Pros: employees are compensated and treated with appriciation.
Cons: your time is been respected also the level of patient care is beyond expectation.
Very environmentally friendly and fun place to work.with an exellent cafetira