Fauquier Health Employee Reviews

Downhill spiral since turning for profit
Radiology (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAFebruary 4, 2018
This was a caring, personalized community hospital that provided compassion and care for both staff and patients. This is absolutely no longer the case. Since being purchased by LifePoint the focus is now the profit margin; nothing more. Staffing levels have been slashed which has lead to a mass exodus of veteran, skilled employees. Management receives bonuses for coming in under budget regardless of how this is achieved. The overall attitude, which has literally been a response to staff’s voiced concerns, is that “you should be happy you have a job”. The Fauquier Health of old is mourned by myself and those medical professionals that are actually interested in not only making a decent living but equally interested in making a difference. While this location may be convenient in terms of commute time/traffic, it is worth a drive to be a part of a health system that has the moral and ethical integrity Fauquier is sorely lacking.
Cons
Detailed below
Good support from colleagues, great cafeteria
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAJanuary 2, 2018
Good nurse/doctor relations, other disciplines collaborate well with each other. Management considerate of individual needs and supportive when needed.
Pros
Scheduling is often self styled
Cons
Low census can be problematic
see below
Clinician II & Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAOctober 30, 2017
The hospital has since changed owners. It is now part of UVA Health. Hopefully it has become a more likable place to work. Before it was "who you knew" as to how your work day was. Also the hours kept being varied.
Good place to work, bad management
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAAugust 7, 2017
I enjoyed my actual job; serving food to elderly residents. I did not enjoy the work environment, where the management was toxic and people gossiped about each other behind their backs. We only had three workers for every shift: one cook and two servers for 70-some residents, and about 10 workers in the kitchen total. For that reason, we were often stretched rather thin. Cooks sometimes had to work for a full month without a single day off should one take a vacation. As for management, my would have us pick through moldy produce just to find one that appeared salvageable to save even a small amount of money for himself. Other times, he denied simple things to residents like ice cream and generally have us treat them like children, despite being the opposite. He would change the work schedule without our knowledge after giving us our copy, and then deny it. If you are young, and have the stomach for toxic management, you might be fine working there, but I would not apply unless you really needed the money.
Pros
Free lunch, stable hours
Cons
Few too many workers, toxic management
Good learning experience. Pay is low considering heavy work load and risks involved.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAJuly 5, 2017
Overall ok place to work. Pay is low considering the amount of work and risks involved. Day shift management needs to ensure all shifts
have equal work loads.
Great Place to Work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VAJune 30, 2017
Great co-workers, culture, and environment. Everyone works together as a team. It is great being part of a Planetree facility. There is a lot of communication to staff to keep you informed.
What happened?
Floor Staff (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VAJune 21, 2017
When I first started here, this was a great place to work. We almost always had adequate staff and got bonuses for picking extra shifts if there were short days. Now, when we need staff and have enough patients to validate it staff members are put on call to save money and we are forced to work short staffed. It's unsafe and unfair. Not to mention bonuses for picking up shifts are gone and they do everything to avoid giving you overtime if you do work an extra shift. It's pitiful. The higher ups in the hospital OBVIOUSLY care about nothing more than lining their pockets and it's forcing even management away as well as floor staff. When you hear about hospitals tanking, this is what they mean and Fauquier Hospital is definitely headed that direction.
Pros
Pay rate is nice
Cons
Understaffed, staffing cuts, unsafe patient ratios, expensive health insurance with high copays and deductables, minimal retirement contributions
My favorate RN job ever
RN, Home Health Admissions Nurse (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAJune 20, 2017
Loved being PRN-
Loved my patients.
Love my coworkers and supervisor...
The computers, once they were updated- reduced charting time- and increased work-life balance
Pros
my boss
Cons
work-life balance for full time employees, PRN it was not an issue
A good place towork
Echo Technologist (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAJune 8, 2017
A typical day was to get my assignments for the day and complete those assignments before leaving for the day.

Fauquier Hospital is a very small facility, The expectation was complete all assignments before the end of day. Management was supportive.

There was good team work.
Pros
Good team work atmosphere
Cons
Very small hospital, so not a lot of pathology seen.
Changes
Fauquier Health Physician Services (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VAMay 30, 2017
We have a new CEO and he is making drastic changes which include downsizing and therefore I am looking for a new job. This hospital has been linked to the community for years and with the way healthcare is trending we are seeing unwanted changes. Great job and great coworkers.
Turmoil
Float Pool RN (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAApril 10, 2017
Currently, the hospital is in a serious management change. The CNO was recently escorted out of the building and many of the leaders have also left. There is lots of turnover and agency. Many doctors have also left. Morale is low.
Good organizational culture
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAApril 4, 2017
Good organizational culture, and quality patient care. Patient and staff satisfaction moderate to high. Staff engaged in facility and community healthcare initiatives.
Nice starter job Close to home
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAApril 1, 2017
I liked those I worked with my boss was good. I can't complain about the food in the bistro other than it was very over priced. They will help you further your education by paying for classes which is a plus. But Limit how much they pay and advancement due to corporate structure.
Pros
Good coworkers and atmospher
Cons
bad pay for the amout of work
Great place to start
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAMarch 31, 2017
Great group of co-workers. Easy access to and from northern Virginia and points south. The scenery is nice. The food is good but pricey in the bistro.
I enjoyed working remotely.
Quality/Risk Evaluator (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VAMarch 12, 2017
Working as a Quality Risk Evaluator has been a true blessing. I have never worked with such a cohesive and pleasant group of people. I was not micro-managed but received guidance and course correction when needed with patience and fairness. I have had the opportunity to work from home the last 21/2 year and I learned that I do like working remotely.
I really cannot say what the hardest part of my job was, but there were tasks I performed that I enjoyed more than others, such as Peer Review.
I was concerned I would not like working via the computer all day, but I adapted and actually prefer it.
Great learning environment
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VAMarch 11, 2017
You can learn a lot here but it gets hectic during the week with the infusion center. The group of people here get along well and function as a team. The company provides benefits and pto.
busy environment terrible management
Certified Surgical Technologist (Traverler) (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VADecember 14, 2016
I did not like working here. The management was horrible, I never got lunch, and the manager and director did not help in the department. I was completely shocked at how people were treated here.
typical work week
Housekeeping/Team Leader Food Services (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VANovember 23, 2016
Your had to make sure that everyone was doing their work, while you take care of yours. You also had to make sure that everyone was trained properly. You also had to work other floors if no one shows up.
You do however get two days off during the week, plus discounts.
Work Weekends.
Pros
discounts
Cons
work weekends
wonderful team
Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VANovember 15, 2016
At Fauquier Health, you have the privilege of working with some of the finest people in the community who provide excellent care to patients.

Now that they are owned by Lifepoint, you can definitely notice corporate changes from the employee perspective.
Overall a great place to work.
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VANovember 6, 2016
I enjoy working with patients and co-workers become like family. The hardest part of the job is trying to balance patient satisfaction with numerical statistics required by management.
Pros
employee appreciation days - free lunch/dinner
Cons
insurance benefits are not the greatest

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fauquier Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Fauquier Health Reviews by Location