Faurecia Employee Reviews

Good place for recent college grads, horrible work-life balance.
Material Planner (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSNovember 10, 2016
Nice place if you're beginning a career in manufacturing. SAP experience provided here is very valuable and will take you far outside of the company. The compensation isn't worth what you give up in not having a life outside of FAS. The hours are ridiculous, and the work-life balance is the worst. Turnover is also extremely high. As soon as you get to know a co-worker or manager, poof they're gone. Career development is non-existent.This is a good job that will give you the experience needed to move into a more permanent role for another company.
Everything changes over time
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INFebruary 8, 2017
I have enjoyed working at Faurecia. I cannot begin to explain how much I have learned in my time here. Having minimal knowledge in a certain area when hired has greatly expanded over past several years. Truly, I believe those right out of college would benefit from this fast paced, learn-on-the-fly, atmosphere. I have only been employed at one plant and can only assume they are all the same.
Pros
Great benefits and truly like to promote from within if possible
Cons
High turnover recently causes some confusion in mamagement
Nice place to work for benifits and pay scale
Team Leader/ Welder (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJanuary 18, 2017
Great place to work for benefits vacation the downside is that its hot and the 7 12 schedule. The schedule is really difficult to manage your time at home and work life. Be prepared for being tired hot and itchy depending on what department or line you are assigned to. Advancement is based on skill and seniority.
Pros
Benifits vacation
Cons
7 days a week 12hour days
Not really hard work just long hours
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Saline, MIFebruary 28, 2017
Nice place to work for good benefits but pay rate not that great. Very long hours. Not much family time. Overall a good place to get manufacturing experience.
Productive, but complacent
Gap Leader/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 15, 2017
Good pay until you meet your max then you are at a stand still. Benefits are great though. Management can be over bearing and unfair at times Overall good place to work.
great company
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 12, 2016
great place to work. great opportunity, friendly people, talented individuals, great company culture, variety of new projects, great benefits, valued individual contributions
Excellent production and logistic Company
Material Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSSeptember 26, 2016
Great company to work for with great benefits,excellent growth within company with people that are willing to teach and learn for the betterment of the job and enjoyable work day.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long work days at times
good job
GAP Leader/Human Resource assistant (Former Employee) –  Saline, MISeptember 5, 2016
This is a good job to work at overall you just don't get a full time spot in DTW for years at a time. No one retires at this position. There are also no benifits
Good place to start for a young person
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJanuary 27, 2017
The pay is great,but the hours are long and the stress of the job is high. A lot of time spent at work. Not very many 8 hour days, most days were 12-14 hours
Pros
pay
Cons
The employees are easy to get along with
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHJuly 30, 2016
You get lots of overtime consistent work supervisors suck always looking for a reason to write you up trying to get you fired and trying to avoid your pay raise
Employee
Hi-Lo Driver (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MIAugust 20, 2016
Faurecia is a great company to work for the benefits are great and also there medical. They have a lot of layoff time and a lot of over times as well. The compensation is great
review summary
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Saline, MIAugust 16, 2016
a typical day at work was straight to the point we meet our quota did our job and went home. I learned machine operating good quality and leadership skills
Pros
good pay
Cons
good hours and benifits
Great place to work with a few issues
Operator (Current Employee) –  Saline, MIFebruary 18, 2016
I started as a temp and was hired in after 90 days. This is somewhat rare as the company seems to like just re-hiring temps every 90 days instead of hiring someone officially, so as to not have to offer benefits. The work is easy but they have you work so many hours that you can't do anything outside of work. I consistently worked 72-80 hour weeks. The point system is standard in most work places but it's too strict here. You get 8 points but nothing excuses an absence. If a family member suddenly dies and you're out for a day you still get a point. All in all a great place to work for a while but not settle down with as a career. Work for a while here, get experience in the field, go to a better company like Ford
Pros
Fun environment. Decent pay. OT whenever you want.
Cons
Too much OT. No notice to shift changes or required OT. Usually let go after 90 days.
Great people, Great work Culture
Production Control & Logistics Intern (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 28, 2016
I really enjoyed my time here at Faurecia.
Great people and overall work culture. They are very good at making employees feel important and wanted.
Faurecia management works hard to guide their interns to the right path. They see them as the future of the company so they are invested in young and innovative people.
Pros
Great Benefits.
Do not work there!!!!
Quality (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 17, 2016
This a horrible place to work especially in their quality department. The managers and directors will throw you under the bus at every opportunity to make themselves look good. They will also lay you off if there is any work slow down at all. They will also let you go if you have a life altering event and need to take some time off. As a person in their quality department you can count on travelling almost 100% of the time and will have no family life whatsoever. The managers and directors get bonuses but the worker bees get nothing.
Pros
Cons
Travel and no raises. Absolutely no percs whatsover.
Good balance. They understand you are working for your family.
Team Lead/Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, MOSeptember 20, 2016
Relatively set hours. Overtime isn't too severe. People work hard. Plant managers have a tendency to be interim & not connected with the workers, but the supervisors are generally good to work for.
Pros
Get to listen to music & the day goes quickly
Cons
Not much advancement in the Auto Industry, no real security.
Great pay good people to work with
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INDecember 20, 2016
Great pay good hours fun people. I worked there as a temp and really wished I could have kept that job because I know the really liked my work ethic. Due to my living situation at the time is what caused me to move back to ky. But overall, I saw potential for me to grow with the ompany and make a career out of it rather than just a temp job.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Fiber glass sleeves
assembly
Assembly (Former Employee) –  MichiganDecember 20, 2016
assemble parts, learn, eat, paid vacations I think it is a great place to work for a short term career unless you become a supervisor. it is very hard on the body, they demand all of your time.
Pros
money
Cons
no days off
Not horrible
Gap Leader (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INMarch 16, 2017
No work life balance get rode or ripped for things that are out of your hands and in someone else's at a higher level of training or knowledge. Get along great with my crew
Hardworking and energy taking experience
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MIMarch 31, 2016
A typical day at work would be me building, welding, wiring and racking consoles and glove boxes all day. Its more of a tedious job to handle. A lot of repetition action going on and assembly line configuring.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Hourly pay and raises were rapid for a certain period of time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Faurecia. Our community is ready to answer.

80%