Faurecia Employee Reviews in United States

Great people, Great work Culture
Production Control & Logistics Intern (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 28, 2016
I really enjoyed my time here at Faurecia.
Great people and overall work culture. They are very good at making employees feel important and wanted.
Faurecia management works hard to guide their interns to the right path. They see them as the future of the company so they are invested in young and innovative people.
Pros
Great Benefits.
good job/layoffs
Forklift Operator/Warehouse/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INApril 4, 2016
good place to work job not bad stay busy coworkers good people good pay and benefits but don't know when you will be laid off.
Interesting workplace
Production line/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Saline, MIApril 2, 2016
The workload itself is not bad. Employees seem to get along well with one another. The supervisors will give you a run for your money but are descent people.
Pros
Nice vending machine options, nice people
Cons
Benefits could be better
Hard work, lots of hours, unstable schedule
Welder (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 21, 2016
The work was fast paced on an assembly line. Coworkers were good people. The schedule could change daily, mostly hours were added at the last minute. Expect to work weekends, also informed of this at the last minute.
Pros
Good vibe among employees
Cons
last minute schedule changes, additional hours with little notice
not a fun place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSMarch 8, 2016
it was a lot of different work perform they will constantly move u around they don"t care for there workers its not a good work place I perform numerous jobs from forklift driver to stock person to material handler
Pros
Cons
short breaks
Very fast pace work environment.
Forklift Operator/Dock Driver (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 29, 2016
Your typical day at work as a forklift operator would be to come in at your scheduled time, fill out your HSE Saftey Startup for your designated lift truck, and attend the daily meeting before work begins. Being a dock driver I then unloaded the receiving trucks, and re loaded them with product leaving the facility.

I learned that every moment counts if you want to stay on top of your workload, while still operating in a safe manner.

Management had very unrealistic views on what could and could not be done in your typical work day. They were nice often times, and would try to work with you but many if not most of them had no actual idea what was actually going on in a day to day basis on the plant floor.

Many co-workers were team players, you almost have to be when your workload is so heavy that it takes from the second you get on the floor until the last minute of the day. (Not that I am complaining, it is nice to be busy and have your day go by quickly.) If there were no teamwork between co-workers here many jobs would go unfinished each day.
It was a clean facilty
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MIFebruary 24, 2016
When i first started it was simple enough, i had one station then that turned to 2,3 and soon i was doing 4 parts at once while crating them and stocking them too. I came at the wrong time because i had low seniority and eventually got laid off :(
Pros
locker rooms, nice size luch room
Cons
i do not have many
Production
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 23, 2016
work starts at 5:30 we have a 5 minute meeting to talk about the day before and what were doing that day. There are seven jobs in my area we rotate ever break. At the end of the day we clean up and put hour tool up.
Pros
getting along with everyone
Cons
not working enough getting laid off alot
Hard working but easy going
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSFebruary 20, 2016
It was a good experience and I learned a lot. I met a lot of people of different races. i learned about about how their life is different here than what it is when their back home.
Pros
When we have had a very good and productive week they would give us free lunches, sometimes small gifts and awards
Cons
Sometimes stay late, come in early the next day, we would also have to work weekends.
Great place to work with a few issues
Operator (Current Employee) –  Saline, MIFebruary 18, 2016
I started as a temp and was hired in after 90 days. This is somewhat rare as the company seems to like just re-hiring temps every 90 days instead of hiring someone officially, so as to not have to offer benefits. The work is easy but they have you work so many hours that you can't do anything outside of work. I consistently worked 72-80 hour weeks. The point system is standard in most work places but it's too strict here. You get 8 points but nothing excuses an absence. If a family member suddenly dies and you're out for a day you still get a point. All in all a great place to work for a while but not settle down with as a career. Work for a while here, get experience in the field, go to a better company like Ford
Pros
Fun environment. Decent pay. OT whenever you want.
Cons
Too much OT. No notice to shift changes or required OT. Usually let go after 90 days.
Faurecia Saline Plant - Great Pay / Great People / Management difficulties
Production and Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Saline, MIFebruary 17, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at the Faurecia Saline Plant.

The work included was simple but challenging in that there were quotas of parts required that our teams had to produce.

Co workers, were for the most part a joy to work with, many work relationships turning into friendships or positive acquaintances.

Supervision and leadership were generally pleasant to deal with,
work teams were facilitated by Gap Leaders that were knowledgeable and generally approachable.

In my time there I helped to achieve a record number of PPM built and sent to our customers without defects, an achievement that was well noted through management.

The hardest part of being employed with Faurecia was the scheduling for our respective department, including uncompromising weekend shifts, mandatory overtime which if refused resulted in the accrual of attendance points, frequent changes in supervision, inconsistency in company policies, and the threat of losing your job through health related circumstances within or outside of the plant.

Best part of the job, was the relationships with the people there.
Pros
Pay and People
Cons
Management, Scheduling, Human Resourses, Point System, Wavering Incoherrent Policies, Compromised Union
Do not work there!!!!
Quality (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 17, 2016
This a horrible place to work especially in their quality department. The managers and directors will throw you under the bus at every opportunity to make themselves look good. They will also lay you off if there is any work slow down at all. They will also let you go if you have a life altering event and need to take some time off. As a person in their quality department you can count on travelling almost 100% of the time and will have no family life whatsoever. The managers and directors get bonuses but the worker bees get nothing.
Pros
Cons
Travel and no raises. Absolutely no percs whatsover.
Global Company with many demand and opportunites
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INFebruary 12, 2016
I thoroughly enjoy my job as Accounts Payable Supervisor at Faurecia. It is demanding and rewarding. I have a great group of Accounts Payable Specialist who are very dedicated to their work.

Each day is filled with the many requirements that are placed upon my department such as invoice processing, supplier statement reconciliations, audit requests, and other specialty requests from many different areas of the business.

The Shared Services Center in Columbus, IN is being combined with the Shared Services Center in Auburn Hills, and the positions within the department are moving to the Auburn Hills facility. I am very sorry to see my time with Faurecia come to an end.
productive and hard working
Production (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MIFebruary 2, 2016
i was required to assemble car parts, weld, and make a final inspection. overall it was a great experience and a great opportunity, with a great pay
Pros
great experience
Do your research!
Purchasing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 2, 2016
Horrible Management! Treat their employees very horrible unless you are friends with the boss! Turnover is HIGH! Great people to work with but Management needs to go!
Pros
Cons
Horrible Environment! High Turnover!
production worker
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Saline, MIJanuary 28, 2016
This company has a high turn over rate, they labor is intense and not enough workers compensation. There was no consideration of the processes and well though instruction
Pros
learning new things
Cons
not a safe work environment
Typical Day
Master Production Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJanuary 24, 2016
Was told in my interview that there would be minimal overtime - this is for a salaried position. I work 12-14 hours per day and every weekend. They keep piling more and more work onto my position and there is no way to get it all done. I like my coworkers, but the management is terrible and their expectations are set too high.
operator
Gap Leader (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 17, 2016
Its ok, I go in do my job and I leave. Communication is bad but overall the company is ok. We keep getting laid off at this point don't know what's going on
faurecia
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Canton, MSJanuary 11, 2016
it is a good work environment. i am a production tech and i enjoy working for a company that acres for their employees. The pay rate is lower than most suppliers but the company has a great atmosphere and excellent reputation
Pros
loaction
Cons
pay rate
strict, stable place to work
Line Leader / Plant standardized work coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJanuary 1, 2016
This is my first factory job, I have learned a great deal from this company. I've leaned production, standardized work, quality, problem solving, machine repair. And much more. I have enjoyed my time here very much