Favor Employee Reviews

unfair policies
Runner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2017
I would not recommend working for this company. Their delivery area is so slow. When you get one or two orders while in the zone and signed up in the schedule, they come up with an excuse to take you off the schedule and it is not fairly based. So now you are stuck not being able to pick up hours and only earning by doing on the go deliveries which is anywhere from 2-6 a day. If you are depending on them for income you will starve.
You are your own boss
Runner (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2017
I highly recommend Favor for someone who is self motivated and pushes themselves without a manager nearby. I had a wonderful experience from picking my own hours, to the restaurants we worked with, to the customers we cater too. The only reason I stopped working for Favor was because I moved.
Pros
Monthly meet ups, pick your own hours, laid back environment, work at your own pace
Cons
Contract work: no healthcare or 401k
productive & fun
runner (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 1, 2017
fun, relaxed, make your own schedule. Meet new people. Get paid & exercise if you chooss to run on a bike. You can also run on a car, motorcycle, truck or suv.
It's not too bad
Runner (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 23, 2017
Favor itself doesn't pay that well, mostly work for tips. Driving around uses a lot of gas and they do not reimburse you. Sometimes not worth the hassle if people have a small order.
flexible
Runner (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 2, 2017
In the beginning, this was a great place to work and it was easy to get hours, but as more runners were hired it was hard to get a decent amount of hours.
Great for people who don't really know what the weeks schedule will entail
Runner (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2017
Great for extra money on weekends however if you aren't scheduled, you can still work, but you won't be guaranteed the basis $9/hour. With the expansion to Favor more Runners have been hitting the streets of Dallas, unfortunately that means less shifts have been opening up. If you plan on working 5:00pm-10:00pm you'll make at least $12/hour!
Pros
They have "hot hours" and if you work five you get credit for the favor app
Cons
A lot of wear and tear on your vehicle
great place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 16, 2017
working for Favor I have made a lot of new friends and with that gain new skills plus working in my city I know where everything is at so find what the customer needs is easy
Pros
keep all your tips, get some discounts
Cons
pay is small in smaller areas, you will buy gas alot
okay place to work
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 15, 2017
it was super boring sitting in your car all day. Unless you get early access its a waste of time to clock in because they give all the runs to people they have to pay on the clock.
work structure
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 8, 2017
Great job to work part-time.
Moderators will a custom to your needs to how you want to work your shift and tell you the peek hours of the day.
on a regular day you will make more than 9 an hour
You can work in any city that favor has without the need to have to someone.
You are your own boss/contractor you can work when and how you choose to.
Fun environment
RUNNER (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 7, 2017
The job is constantly changing, fast paced, and highly customer-centric. The culture of Favor is high energy and very supportive. Customers always appreciate a representative that goes above and beyond for their needs.
Pros
setting your own schedule, great community of Favor service runners
Cons
too many runners competing for limited schedule time recently
A Job Worth Working For
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 6, 2017
This job is literally the most flexible job you would have in your lifetime. I currently am still loving this job and not one flaw to find. You choose your hours on the app and you also can clock out early if you want to. The money is mainly made from tips, but I always got a tip higher than 5. They also have something set up called guaranteed pay. That comes in to play when you pick up something off the schedule shifts. It would have base pays from 9-10 an hour. Lets say you didn't make that much that hour and you only made 7 in tips. Well that's where guaranteed pay will take place. The amount will be matched so instead of you making 7 it would be 9. That's only if you pick up a scheduled shift. Now there's also something where you can just work whenever you want. The only problem is you won't get that guaranteed pay. But aye, money is money.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
nothing
Very relaxed company
Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 5, 2017
Working with Favor is fun, we clock in for the hours we signed up for and drive around completing orders until we're finished with the hours we promised to complete.

In my year of working for Favor I learned how to solve problems with customers and speak to companies to correct orders that may be not what the customer expected and correct the issues.

Management is there to help us succeed, if an order is very far away and you know it'll cause a negative experience for the customer you can ask them to give the order to someone closer and I get an order closer to me, which is a win win.

To get hours you need to sign up for them the week before, and they fill up very very fast. Every month or so there's a Favor Meetup where Favor Runners and the Managers can come together for a night of food and fun at a location that we all vote on in the Facebook group of our assigned city. Having gone to a few I can safely say they're fun and it makes me happy to work with such cool people.

The hardest part of the job is when you get the monster order where the capital asks for 6 individual 24-pack cases of bottled water and the closest parking is 2 blocks away.

The most enjoyable part is coming with a single case of water and having their interns help you carry the remaining 5 for the second trip. But really what makes me happy to be a Favor Runner is being able to make peoples busy lives a little less busy and a little more relaxing by bringing their orders to them, saving them time.
Pros
Meet and greets monthly, flexible hours
Cons
Hours not always guaranteed if you're late to get them
Flexible, Fun
Runner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2017
The job is well designed. You get satisfy the need of others. Everything is done through a very intuitive app, the hours are extremely flexible, and there are interactive company employee meet-ups.
Favor
Runner (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 26, 2017
It is a good and flexible place to work. Perfect for supplemental income. It is certainly better to sign up for specific shifts in advance, but signing up and driving at your own convenience is perfect too!
Pros
Felxible schedule
Cons
Low pay
Easy job but support is not very supportive
Driver (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 5, 2017
I have experienced taking an order and get to the location and they say they sent it to someone else, The hourly schedule is way confusing cause they put the money on different orders and when ask a question to support you get a random go to question update. Also sucks when you driver way out your way and the place is closed and you update the customer and you get nothing for it.. But it's quick easy money if you looking to do a deliver and all shift turn out okay. I have noticed that you only get big order if your scheduled that's why they offer 9$ scheduled shift to make sure you compensated for there hour.
Pros
You only make good money if you schedule for at least 2 hour
Cons
If a customer cancels you don't get paid and big orders dont go to you if your on call
As a retiree, its the only job I need.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 1, 2017
I work for the app. I never see a manager, but I get txts from them. I only work hours where they guarrantee a certain hourly, but I always exceed it. Most customers tip very well.

I may have a problem at tax time. As an contractor, Im responsible for ALL the SSI and income tax!

I love the job!
Pros
No human boss!
Cons
Hard on your vehicle!
Great
Delivery Runner (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 23, 2017
Great place to work at especially if you have a life and you would like to take the next day off. They let you create your own hours a week ahead and if you have something to take care of you can drop the work day 24 hours before hand.
Favor
Family Advocate for CT STRONG (Current Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTApril 12, 2017
I love working for this agency and the services it provided to each and every family they work for. I have been with the company for 2 years and I am appreciative of the of the knowledge Ive learned while working there.
A great way to make fast money for a short period of time.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 5, 2017
Working at Favor is bittersweet. You will make good money, but a lot of that money will go to taking care of the wear and tear on your vehicle. It's a great way to make fast money for a short period of time. A good job to have inbetween jobs or paychecks.
Don't do it
Runner (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXApril 3, 2017
I worked for favor for 5 months and I cannot stand it. The way you are payed is very odd, you always get assigned favors two minutes before your shift is over and other multitudes of problems.