Favorite Healthcare Staffing Employee Reviews

job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 6, 2018
not a lot of selection in local contracts. i love my recruiter . there is no selection when it comes to contract assignments. options of places to work are few and far between
Pros
loved my recruiter
Cons
no benefits, no variety or options in places to work
Great if you work in 1 place.
CNA (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 28, 2017
I mostly worked in the ED @ a Hospital. I performed a large number of duties, such as...wound care, EKG's, blood draws, injections, bladder scans,collecting and testing specimens. (Uti's , strep, pregnancy, H-pylori, etc...) Enter and retrieving any and all patient data, including lab requests, and prescriptions also referrals. My favorite part of the job was working in the ED, always learning and the fast pace. My least enjoyable part of the job was having to call in 2 hours before my shift to find out if they still needed me that night.
Pros
Working with professional, skilled people
Cons
Working through a staffing agency, you don't ever feel as though your one of the employees.
Great culture
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 9, 2017
I love going to new places and seeing patients. I also love learning new thing i didn't know before . Learning keeps the mind sharp. The hardest part of the job was leaving somewhere i was for months at a time.
Pros
Variable work environment
Cons
Not working every day
Favorite is great for unptedicable schedules
License Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tukwila, WANovember 13, 2017
You dont have to pick up a shift if ypu dont want to. If you dont like a facility, you never have to go back. Work 7 doubles in a row and take the rest of the month off.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Not stable work
great place to work
Certified nurse's assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYNovember 13, 2017
as long as its a 2nd job the pay is great just wish they had more local places if you don't have adequate transportation its not a good idea thepeople are fairly ice and understanding
productive
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 2, 2017
They have available jobs and work opportunities that allowed for work advancement in the nursing and pediatric field. The most enjoyable was having the opportunity to work at Centro med Respite care with children. I'm grateful for having worked there.
Pros
Open Schedule
Cons
Permanancy of job
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 22, 2017
This is a temporary service that helps you find a temp job that may lead to a permanent job. This is a great place to go when looking a job. I would go back to this place if needed to.
Favorite Staffing
Lpn-Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 20, 2017
Just like any other Staffing company; you can get cancelled sometimes. They are good at letting you know a head of time if shift is cancelled. I would not recommend making this a full time job because there is no guaranteed hours.
Pros
pay
Cons
cancellations
December 12, 2017

Thank you for your review! Your feedback is extremely important to us. We hope you have gotten a chance to utilize our new mobile scheduling app.It lets you enter your availability and get matched to shifts that work for you and your schedule. It's our way of combatting the occasional canceled shift.

Great place to work 7
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 7, 2017
Great place to work schedule your own hours benefits bonuses and travel. Lots of hours to pick and can get full time hours. Staff will work with you if you ever have family emergencies
Pros
Pick own schedule
Cons
Travel
January 5, 2018

Thanks for your awesome review, and thanks for choosing to be a part of the Favorite Family!

Enlighting
Direct Counselor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 5, 2017
Taking care of the kids is a joy. I went to educate and take care of the kids. But came back being taught by them. Overall the job was a rewarding experience. And I would do it again if I ever get the chance. This was the first time I have ever work with children. These children are fantastic. Their bright and talented. And learn quickly how to fit in, in their given situations. There were a few though times but mostly worked out for the better. Favorite has strict policies because of the Children but easy to be upheld.
I was nearly always able to get the amount of shifts I wanted.
Registered Nurse, Contract and Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNSeptember 30, 2017
Great flexibility. Able to work the shifts, locations, and departments I was interested in. It was a good fit for my young family at the time. Must be open to new experiences to do this job!
Pros
Favorite did a great job matching my skills with appropriate assignments.
Cons
Sometimes staff at other locations are not respectful towards "temps" and agency staff.
January 9, 2018

Thanks for working with us! We are very proud of our rockstar recruiters and their ability to find the perfect assignments for our nurses. Thanks for everything you do!

Former LPN
LPN (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 25, 2017
The upper management sucks, they don't care about their employees. They advertise for one pay rate and pay you a lower rate. The office is extremely hard to get in touch with. not enough guarantee hours, can not make a decent living off this company. They are more concerned with maintaining a relationship with the companies they staff rather then their own staff. They wanted me to go to work with strep throat, against Dr orders, they told me to just go in and have them send you home. Thats morally wrong in so many ways, I'm a nurse, I get people well not bring them sickness.
January 2, 2018

Thanks for leaving your honest review. We apologize for your negative experience working with our company. Due to the dynamic nature of working per diem contracts, guaranteeing hours is difficult. We hope you were able to utilize our National Operations Center when you needed to get in touch. They are available 24/7 and are experienced staffing professionals ready to help our nurses no matter the time. Our Human Resources Department is available by phone at 1-866-877-8553, we would love to hear more about your experience working with us and how we can continue to improve.

Friemdly staff that works hard to get you working
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 22, 2017
Great friendly, knowledgeable staff, that works on finding the best place for you to showcase your nursing skills and grow while traveling to areas lo cal and abroad
Pros
Travel
Wonderful
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2017
All the assignments are great. All the people I deal with are terrific. Always very helpful with any problem and solved quickly. Anyone looking for temp work in medical should call them, formally BCMS.
Pros
Busy
Cons
no overtime on certain assignments
Great company to work for
Certified Nurse Assist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78224September 19, 2017
I never had a bad experience with the people who worked int he office. They are always polite and professional and they go out of their way to make sure you have work.
Fun and flexible
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 19, 2017
The places I worked at through the company were awesome. The pay was great. The hours and shifts were flexible. Management was good. I loved the job and clients I worked for
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Too far
great
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXSeptember 16, 2017
A typical day was busy and enjoyable. I learned a very lot and the culture was unbelievable. The most enjoyable part of the job was everything and the hardest part was leaving. Management is awesome.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch and dinner great co-workers
Cons
Excellent Company to work for!
Certified Nurse Aide (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Working for Favorite is incredible. The work environment is not overwhelmingly stressful. If there's a problem, they listen and do what they can. Hours are readily available to pick up so you can build your own schedule.
Would Most Definitely Recommend
Emergency Medical Tech/Patient Care Tech (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 14, 2017
Awesome and relaxing work assignments. They were awesome on rescheduling and scheduling you for assignments with clients and hospitals. I also like the fact they keep their staff up to date in changes within the healthcare field,
A decent place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  GaSeptember 9, 2017
Not a bad place to work. Upward mobility may take time because of the structure of the organization. One can learn many things about nursing and recruiting at this company.
Pros
Stable management
Cons
Upward mobility may be slow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Favorite Healthcare Staffing. Our community is ready to answer.