Fawcett Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

I am happy with this job, i just need to make more money.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLOctober 12, 2016
Extremely fast paced and good job, I am just looking to make more
money and have noticed their are many other opportunities to do so.
The staff that I work with on 2W is exceptional.
Pros
excellent staff and management.
Cons
advancement possibilities.
Work enviroment
Licensed Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 25, 2016
A typical day at Fawcett Memorial Hospital, involves scheduling patients, chart reviews, evaluating patients' activities of daily living (ADLS), perception, cognition, etc, and treatment to address specific deficits that hinder their ADLS.
The director of the rehab and acute care facility has an "open door policy" so that anyone who has concerns, or wants to chat, is welcome to do so at any time. This policy creates a healthy work environment between employees and management.
Many Years Experience
RN (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLOctober 14, 2016
The staff who work with patients are terrific.
The management is awful, unprofessional. The moral is poor, There is alot of gossiping, back stabbing.
Pros
The Patients
Cons
Unporfessional Behavior
Management staff not professional
Emergency Room Registrar (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLAugust 12, 2016
While in this position I witness several unprofessional traits from management to include gossip about other employees. Also they had too many employees on staff and would not give more than a couple days work to each.
Professional
Medical Social Worker/Case Management (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLSeptember 24, 2016
The staff at the hospital is professional and dedicated. They provide exceptional care to a large population. The hospital also has an inpatient rehabilitation facility that is outstanding.
RN (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLAugust 23, 2016
Enjoyable place, great coworkers, rewarding working working with patients, I oversae a out pt transfusion clinic. And filled in to help with pre-post op surgerys, minor procedures, bedside procedures. and many other assigned duties
Pros
Love it
Cons
moved
a hard work environment
Resp. Care Therapist PRN position (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 28, 2016
not a real nice place to work where is a lack of sensitivity toward to the employees with short of stuff most the time and no good management
Not bad place to work
RN, PCCN (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLSeptember 9, 2014
Good place to gain experience, get extra shifts, promotes teamwork, decent salary for full time job. Sometimes stuffing is an issue
A Very miserable place to work
Dietary Clerk / Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLApril 27, 2012
The work in the kitchen was brutal due to our upper management. If you worked hard you never got recognized for it. Our director some days would not let us speak to each other and would yell at us and dehumanize us. Our managers would tell us to "rat" each other out but in the same sentence tell us we need to be a team and stop our cattyness. Working in the hospital kitchen was frustrating and stressful and it was all created by our managers.
Pros
working with our co-worker
Cons
having to pay for lunches, being yelled out all the time, having to be quiet all day, threaten to be fired/written up
Friendly hard-working co-workers, great employee benefits
RN - Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLSeptember 4, 2015
I could expect a nurse to patient ratio of 1:6 at all times including multiple discharges and admissions during day shift. A very fast-paced floor which forced me to overcome any time management deficits I may have brought to the job. Management was supportive of my growth as an RN. It was a great learning experience, and I worked with the kindest people! We kept our patients safe and did our best to provide holistic care!
Exciting and Learning experience
Registered Nurse (Charge Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLNovember 11, 2015
Supportive management. Good teamwork. Constant challenge to skill set. Most enjoyable experience and working alongside with some of the best nurses. Constant upgrade in skill with online learning and/or skill fairs.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Stressful at times.
Helping the elderly and the young
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 13, 2016
Good with working patient to maintain and healthier state. Going out our way to make sure the patients and family well comfortable with their nurse and their environment.
Fun environment, team oriented, new ideas were put on the table for review and managment was anxious to make a difference
Facility Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLAugust 25, 2013
I worked in various roles: cardiac care nurse, IV therapy, facility nurse educator. In all of these roles, creativity was encouraged, autonomy was expected, and results were recognized. My self-confidence was enhanced, my ability to lead and mentor others was promoted and my role within the team was great. We were all there for the purpose of being a nurse: make a difference, work with each other and not have hidden agendas, the environment was fun and enjoyable. Many of my co-workers are still friends after almost 30 years. It was a friendly environment. The hardest part of my role was to work with the physicians. The physicians at that time had the hierarchy mindset. I was not used to this culture. The most enjoyable was the fun, laughter and friendships that were created. The patients were the prime focus but we all worked together to make the day the best it could be. We were there to make a difference as a team-- not a single person worked in isolation. There were no boundaries to the assignments- you pitched in to get things done. No one left without making sure the entire team was done.
Pros
Work environment, colleagues, quality of care, communication with management.
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities, no tuition reimbursement for higher education, conference coverage limited
I enjoyed working with people on my unit.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLNovember 16, 2013
I arrived at work at 1900. Received bedside report from previous shift within 30 minutes. I then started my patient assessments, passed medications and entered all data into the computer. I learned more about the acute care side of nursing as I had previously worked in a nursing home and home health care in Maine. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. We were like a family. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from different countries and walks of life.
Pros
Good amount of vacation time-PTO earned for hours worked.
Cons
Laid off with no warning from management.
Worst Job I Have Ever Had Ever
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLApril 10, 2013
First of all, it seems like the people working at this hospital are in a constant state of pure misery. If you went there, you would know what I was talking about. The administration absolutely has no care in the world other than the bottom line. HR is awful and can't be trusted. Coming to work every day took so much effort that I just said to myself I would start my job search process over again after 2 weeks here.

Aside from that, the employees talk down to you, aren't helpful, and will make you feel miserable. If you dare shed a tear, they will laugh and probably post it on Facebook. Actually, if you can avoid Fawcett, do so. They are horrible.
Pros
chinese food on wednesdays
Cons
everything else
Friendly environment, no room to advance
Radiologic technologist (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, Fl.August 11, 2015
The daily work schedule was routine. The coworkers were friendly and inviting. My overnight schedule did not fit well with my family life and I did not have the chance to advance because of my schedule.
Pros
employee appreciation days, friendly co- workers
Cons
no break at night, no co-workers at night
I enjoy working at FMH
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (PRN/As needed) (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJune 14, 2015
My days there start out with early morning rounds. I start at 4am, my morning consist of about 25-30 draws on average. I work with a good team of Certified Phebotomist. The most difficult part of a typical day at work is most days, its impossible to get a break, due to short staffing. I enjoy drawing blood, it happens to be my first love.
not very busy
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLMarch 3, 2014
It was really great , very early mornings and sometimes very long evenings. All the physicians were very friendly willing to teach you want you did,t know or were familiar with.
Pros
very clean and friendly environment
Cons
A forward moving company in health care
RN (Former Employee) –  Emergency room, ICU, IMCUDecember 6, 2014
Beginning at 7am to 7pm, with a smooth moving flow through the Emergency room. Learned compliance issues. Management is in state of change. Hardest part balancing work and home life. I enjoyed my co-workers and looked forward to coming to work.
Its a better place to work now I am told
Critical Care Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLMay 3, 2013
When I worked there there were many problems . Now I see the nurses working great shifts and are all very happy. Note they are now a Union Florida Nurses union company So I think that made all the difference.
Pros
UNIONS IN FLORIDA
Cons
to far for regura work for me

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fawcett Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Fawcett Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location