Fawcett Memorial Hospital

Fawcett Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

Never a typical day
HR Assistant (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLFebruary 4, 2015
The job was really high paced. There was never a typical day at work. There were many wonderful people to work with and one always learns something new.
It is a productive and a fun place to work
HR Assistant (Current Employee), Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: there are no cons
my typical day at work is fun at times, sometimes can get a little frustrating...
my co-workers are great, fun, their always being positive never negative.
A forward moving company in health care
RN (Former Employee), Emergency room, ICU, IMCUDecember 6, 2014
Beginning at 7am to 7pm, with a smooth moving flow through the Emergency room. Learned compliance issues. Management is in state of change. Hardest part balancing work and home life. I enjoyed my co-workers and looked forward to coming to work.
Not bad place to work
RN, PCCN (Current Employee), Port Charlotte, FLSeptember 9, 2014
Good place to gain experience, get extra shifts, promotes teamwork, decent salary for full time job. Sometimes stuffing is an issue
not very busy
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLMarch 3, 2014
Pros: very clean and friendly environment
Cons: long hours
It was really great , very early mornings and sometimes very long evenings. All the physicians were very friendly willing to teach you want you did,t know or were familiar with.
I enjoyed working with people on my unit.
LPN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLNovember 16, 2013
Pros: good amount of vacation time-pto earned for hours worked.
Cons: laid off with no warning from management.
I arrived at work at 1900. Received bedside report from previous shift within 30 minutes. I then started my patient assessments, passed medications and entered all data into the computer. I learned more about the acute care side of nursing as I had previously worked in a nursing home and home health care in Maine. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. We were like a family. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people from different countries and walks of life.
travel friendly
Travel Nurse (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLSeptember 4, 2013
Enjoyed working at this facility coworkers were very helpful and friendly great patient stisfaction
Fun environment, team oriented, new ideas were put on the table for review and managment was anxious to make a difference
Facility Clinical Educator (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLAugust 25, 2013
Pros: work environment, colleagues, quality of care, communication with management.
Cons: limited advancement opportunities, no tuition reimbursement for higher education, conference coverage limited
I worked in various roles: cardiac care nurse, IV therapy, facility nurse educator. In all of these roles, creativity was encouraged, autonomy was expected, and results were recognized. My self-confidence was enhanced, my ability to lead and mentor others was promoted and my role within the team was great. We were all there for the purpose of being a nurse: make a difference, work with each other and not have hidden agendas, the environment was fun and enjoyable. Many of my co-workers are still friends after almost 30 years. It was a friendly environment. The hardest part of my role was to work with the physicians. The physicians at that time had the hierarchy mindset. I was not used to this culture. The most enjoyable was the fun, laughter and friendships that were created. The patients were the prime focus but we all worked together to make the day the best it could be. We were there to make a difference as a team-- not a single person worked in isolation. There were no boundaries to the assignments- you pitched in to get things done. No one left without making sure the entire team was done.
Its a better place to work now I am told
Critical Care Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLMay 3, 2013
Pros: unions in florida
Cons: to far for regura work for me
When I worked there there were many problems . Now I see the nurses working great shifts and are all very happy. Note they are now a Union Florida Nurses union company So I think that made all the difference.
Worst Job I Have Ever Had Ever
Nurse (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLApril 10, 2013
Pros: chinese food on wednesdays
Cons: everything else
First of all, it seems like the people working at this hospital are in a constant state of pure misery. If you went there, you would know what I was talking about. The administration absolutely has no care in the world other than the bottom line. HR is awful and can't be trusted. Coming to work every day took so much effort that I just said to myself I would start my job search process over again after 2 weeks here.

Aside from that, the employees talk down to you, aren't helpful, and will make you feel miserable. If you dare shed a tear, they will laugh and probably post it on Facebook. Actually, if you can avoid Fawcett, do so. They are horrible.
Very Productive job
Patient Care Tech (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLSeptember 17, 2012
Pros: making my own scheduale
Cons: being per diem and getting called off
I loved working at the hospital taking care of the patients.Everyone at the hospital were very enjoyable to work for.
A Very miserable place to work
Dietary Clerk / Assistant (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FLApril 27, 2012
Pros: working with our co-worker
Cons: having to pay for lunches, being yelled out all the time, having to be quiet all day, threaten to be fired/written up
The work in the kitchen was brutal due to our upper management. If you worked hard you never got recognized for it. Our director some days would not let us speak to each other and would yell at us and dehumanize us. Our managers would tell us to "rat" each other out but in the same sentence tell us we need to be a team and stop our cattyness. Working in the hospital kitchen was frustrating and stressful and it was all created by our managers.

About Fawcett Memorial Hospital

Fawcett Memorial Hospital and its medical staff represent a broad range of services in many different medical, surgical, diagnostic – Read more

Fawcett Memorial Hospital Photos