Fawcett Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Great place to work, outstanding administrative team, loved the job and the people.
Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLAugust 29, 2017
Wonderful place to work. Although stressful at times, management team was absolutely wonderful, helpful and very caring in every aspect of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was not only our team, but seeing the patients on our unit get stronger and healthier everyday!!
Pros
Great team, excellent management team, very rewarding
Cons
it was fast paced but overall good way of learning about the medical field.
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJuly 27, 2017
The job at first is a little challenging if you have zero experience. However, it is a good feeling you have knowing you are doing something important to help a patient with out having direct contact with them.
Pros
It openned doors to get certifications, medical training and get scholarships to go to school.
Cons
Understaffed the work is cut-throat, fast paced and stressful.
Might want to pass on this one
patient care (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJuly 5, 2017
In my tenure at fawcett I experienced a bullying culture with a tyrant manager. Punitive hostile backstabbing culture. Management (males)also shows a lot of sexism towards women and favors men. I have never seen or experienced abuse such as this. I do not recommend a this hospital. There are other opportunities. Move on, you will thank me.
Pros
Some good coworkers
Cons
Management top heavy. Punitive hostile environment
Great team work in the ICU
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJune 28, 2017
Only reason I left was to go back to school for my ARNP. They worked with me. I was able to go part time and then PRN to accommodate my school schedule.
Pros
Accomodated hectic school schedule.
Cons
Not much time for lunch
Productive place for growth
Same Day Surgery RN (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJune 15, 2017
A great place to work. It feels like a family away from home. I've worked there for over 6 years and I thoroughly enjoy working with the staff. My supervisor is amazing!
Fair Job
Staff RN, Relief Charge Nurse, CPOE Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJune 14, 2017
Probably the best hospital in our area. Busy hospital with a lot of very smart staff members. Very fast paced and busy, sometimes too heavy of patient loads, but still not as bad as others I've heard of.
Pros
Decent/fair pay
Cons
Holiday pay was not that great
staffing
RN (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJune 8, 2017
Fawcett Memorial Hospital is understaffed. Staff does not stay very long. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the patients. It's nice to make a difference.
Always busy/fast paced
REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLMay 31, 2017
Fawcett Memorial is the typical hospital. It is fast pasted, six to one ratio. No unit secretary, charge nurse has patients too. It's not really different than any hospital I've ever worked.
Nutrition Aide (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLMay 9, 2017
Need better management in certain departments
Some of the directors are more worried about money than patient satisfaction or care
Loved helping the patients
Pros
Good hospital
Cons
Poor management
Nightmare working with managment
Internal Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLApril 30, 2017
Discharge planning and utilization review. Worked an 8 hr shift. Workplace culture cu throat and poorly managed. Enjoyable patients. Hardest dealing with staff members.
Pros
did what I liked to do
Cons
atmosphere
Great company with loads of benefits
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLApril 7, 2017
There are long hours and highly demanding work ethic. However it is equally rewarding in the satisfaction of patients and the knowledge you gain working alongside professionals.
Very busy
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLApril 2, 2017
Fawcett Memorial Hospital is very busy and normally under staffed which makes for stressful work conditions. It is a steady paycheck and good people working with you.
I would work for Fawcett Memorial till my retirement if the area was more family with young children friendly.
Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FloridaFebruary 24, 2017
A typical day at work varies due to rotating different areas of the hospital, i.e ortho patients in the morning and neuro patients in the afternoon.
I learn new things everyday, assisting the PT with evaluating the post hospital plan of care.
I feel my management team is very knowledgeable and they are very approachable with all and any questions.
The culture at Fawcett Memorial is non punitive.
The hardest part of my job is not being able to fulfill the wishes of the patients and families at certain times.
The most enjoyable part of the job is watching patients improve their overall independence with my guidance.
Pros
A great workplace
Cons
No opportunity to become full time with full benefits
This was a good hospital to work for.
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLFebruary 20, 2017
Some of the management was questionable, but I'm sure things have changed since I worked there. Overall, this was a good hospital. I felt that they did a lot for associate engagement.
great cafe, nice little hospital.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLJanuary 17, 2017
nice hospital and great people. normally would start my day with morning round and after that around 7am would be back in the lab to receive blood after that would be waiting for orders to come threw.
Pros
great food
Cons
short staff
Many Years Experience
RN (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLOctober 14, 2016
The staff who work with patients are terrific.
The management is awful, unprofessional. The moral is poor, There is alot of gossiping, back stabbing.
Pros
The Patients
Cons
Unporfessional Behavior
I am happy with this job, i just need to make more money.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLOctober 12, 2016
Extremely fast paced and good job, I am just looking to make more
money and have noticed their are many other opportunities to do so.
The staff that I work with on 2W is exceptional.
Pros
excellent staff and management.
Cons
advancement possibilities.
RN (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLAugust 23, 2016
Enjoyable place, great coworkers, rewarding working working with patients, I oversae a out pt transfusion clinic. And filled in to help with pre-post op surgerys, minor procedures, bedside procedures. and many other assigned duties
Pros
Love it
Cons
moved
Management staff not professional
Emergency Room Registrar (Current Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLAugust 12, 2016
While in this position I witness several unprofessional traits from management to include gossip about other employees. Also they had too many employees on staff and would not give more than a couple days work to each.
Work enviroment
Licensed Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 25, 2016
A typical day at Fawcett Memorial Hospital, involves scheduling patients, chart reviews, evaluating patients' activities of daily living (ADLS), perception, cognition, etc, and treatment to address specific deficits that hinder their ADLS.
The director of the rehab and acute care facility has an "open door policy" so that anyone who has concerns, or wants to chat, is welcome to do so at any time. This policy creates a healthy work environment between employees and management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fawcett Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Fawcett Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location