Fayetteville State University Employee Reviews

work environment
Community Specialist/Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 21, 2017
I loved it. I graduated from Fayetteville state university and I loved working with people and interacting with the students. Go Broncos!
Offered assistance to students in Spanish classes
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 6, 2017
Scheduled tutoring hours for Spanish 101 classes. Attended weekly meeting to make sure students needs were addressed. Great place to work for and study as well.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Only students can apply for the position
Busy yet productive work environment. Able to interact with students.
Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 1, 2017
Working for Fayetteville state for three years was an overall great experience. This is was a great way network with others and experience post graduation careers.
Pros
Application waivers for employees, Optional Meal Plans
Cons
Disorganized, miscommunication
Ok
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 23, 2017
I have told you all about this job in both of my last to reviews. I now feel the need to express that going through this review submission process is really unnecessary and a big hassle.
great job overall
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 14, 2017
it was very hard work but it was well worth it loading and unloading materials i learned hard work pays off my co workers where great and some had bad moments hardest part of the job was seeing others not work hard and it makes us all look bad the best part of the job was forklift i completed tasks fast
Pros
long breaks
Cons
no over time
Productive and fun place to work and obtain an education.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 20, 2016
I learned how to make college degrees, how to lead, and how to take the lead in group situations.
My co-workers were older and were able to shed some wisdom and light on me at an early age preparing me for life post college.
Pros
Short work weeks, Off on weekends
Cons
Not enough hours
Most unprofessional place to work
Human Resources Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 18, 2016
I worked here for a little over a month and quit. There is no training here, but you receive all the criticism if mistakes are made. Not to mention you have to pay for parking and I received a ticket for parking in the visitors parking area when there were no other spots open. If you are looking to work at Fayetteville State University, do yourself a favor AND DON'T.
Fayetteville State University is a family oriented work space and they provide a health conscious atmosphere that promotes personal wellness
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 8, 2016
A typical day at work at FSU is very motivating because you know that you are working to make campus life better for current and future students. Team work is very important at FSU because we are all working toward a common goal.
Pros
Management supports family life it makes for a good work life balance
Cons
the process of getting paperwork approved and sign for progran activities and events
Productive fun place to work
Math Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 17, 2016
Great work place, teaching incoming college freshman the basics of alegbra and helping them succeed in life was everything to me. I hope everyone else has this same experience there.
Pros
Great co workers
Work Here? Are you Crazy?!!! Move on Elsewhere People
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 12, 2016
Double check the grammar and other issues with the reviews on here, it speaks volumes of the people they hire to begin with. This institution is the WORST place on earth. I'd rather work at a community college than be subject to these conditions ever again. The chancellor is a pompous jerk, poor administration across the board, half the university needs to just go ahead and retire.

I'd give it no stars if at all possible. What a waste of five years of my career. Made promises that were not kept, outright lied to from day one of the interview.

Students do not come first, they are just trying to stay afloat.
Pros
State retirement and benefits.
Cons
LAck of advancement opportunities and raises.
Great place
Building Manager-Division of Student Affairs (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 6, 2016
Fayetteville State University is a great place to work. I loved working with my colleagues and students. I guess that's why I was there for so loved because I loved what I did!
Pros
Some of the best programs
Cons
Salary
Good
Service Learning (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 2, 2016
The pay is great. And the co workers are excellent and they always try to work with you. I really enjoyed their employment.
Excellent benefits (medical, dental, vision) as an employee you can take some coarses at no charge
3RD SHIFT SECURITY SERGEANT (Current Employee) –  1200 Murchinson Road, Fayetteville, NC 28311August 2, 2016
Working at FSU can be a very satisfying situation. The program that I came in on was brand new so we had some interesting times while working out the kinks and figuring out how we wanted to go with the program to make it something that we could all be proud of being a part of. It was challenging to get things rolling along smoothly as it pertains to the campus police, communications and all Residence Life employees. The students shared with us that even though we're not armed security they liked us being there and felt much safer in their respective residence halls. We were all happy and proud to know that our efforts were not going unseen or unappreciated.
Media Center
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 12, 2016
Working here has made me more responsible then ever. there were times my supervisor was not there and there were times when workers did not show up. i had to open and close the center but i did not mind because my supervisor was a great wise man. Everyday at work was a great day.
Pros
you can come in at anytime
Cons
no cons
Work environment Summary
Student Academic Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 8, 2016
Most of the day is spent enforcing the rules and helping the students. Students generally have problems printing and operating Microsoft programs. I've learned how to operate Microsoft programs decently. Job has occasionally required me to take inventory. Co workers are easy to get along with and do their job effectively. Hardest part of the job is when a student ask a question and I'm not sure how to solve the problem. I will ask fellow employee if they know while looking around to see if I can find the solution. The flexible hours is most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Ocassionally roudy students, air condition not always working.
Fun place. Flexible Hours.
Community Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 15, 2016
Great place to work. Hours very flexible. Laid Back environment, The leadership leaves a bit to be desired, but overall is moving forward in a positive direction.
Assistant
Desk Assistant, Music Assistant, Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 13, 2016
Being an Assistant is a great place to start a career. It's fun and teaches an individual team work. A typical day starts off with free breakfast and coffee and you're already motivated to start working. Throughout the day you make calls and send out e-mails. The greatest part is, the interaction with the students and staff.
Its never a dull moment
Intramural Sport Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 16, 2016
A typical day at work for me would be handling all administration work. Returning missed phone calls, responding back to emails. Then I have to oppourtuinty to come in contact with every students that enters the facility.
Cooperation with management was imperative
Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 5, 2016
Much of the knowledge gained was done the through self motivation, seminar and workshop. I enjoyed preparing and presenting the safety training
Pros
Good employment experience
Cons
Productive and fun work place
Student Temp (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 7, 2015
I attend Fayetteville State University and opportunities are always available to expand an individuals knowledge in any aspect.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fayetteville State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2