Fayetteville State University Employee Reviews

Comfortable place to work
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 27, 2017
Relaxed , collegial environment. Management can be unreasonable like in any place. Students are generally good but have to push to learn material. Nice place to work
Pros
Goof friendships and helpful colleagus
Cons
Management can be unreasonable
College Support
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 30, 2017
Being a graduate of Fayetteville State University this was a great opportunity for me to start my road to being an adult and being in the workforce. The supervisor wasn't the greatest person to deal with but was all a learning experience. The adventure came from assisting fellow students in preparing applications to get their funding to continue their education.
Pros
Working with students to assist in funding for school
Cons
Great way to gain experience in an office receptionist setting
Receptionist (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 22, 2017
There were often slow as well as very fast paced moments in the office. This opportunity definitely ave me the opportunity for hands on learning and practice with many useful skills as to answering phones, handling questions and personal concerns, multi-tasking, doing research, and customer service.
I guess
Graduate Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 8, 2017
It is what you make it out to be. sometimes it can stressful but you make the best of it. Some things are not as they say they are. Other than that its okay
Great Experience
Supplemental Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 19, 2017
In my department I am allowed to make my own schedule. It is a low stress job that works around my school schedule. I would recommend this job to any student looking for extra pay.
Great institution, poor management
Administrative Support Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 3, 2017
Typical day as an admin includes , course entry, travel coordination, student interaction. The work load was heavy being in a larger department with only one sole admin. The environment was hostile towards my resignation date. Hardest part of my job was dealing with poor management, my favorite part was student interaction and assisting the staff and faculty members.
Pros
great benefits, great students, amazing programs
Cons
poor management, communication skills are to be desired between faculty and staff
Very nice enviroment i knew the whole staff at the university
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 22, 2017
It started out as a work-study job and I got a hard-on as a regular employee but got released because of the state budget cut. I love the position because I was familiar with the university because I attended the University
Pros
Events to the university including football basketball and etcetera
Cons
No paid vacation
worked at the library
Circulation Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 21, 2017
Very friendly establishment with people that care about your education. A lot of people go to the library to study, use the computer, fax something and print off paperwork.
Pros
made own schedule
Cons
n/a
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 18, 2017
Steady resident assistant and front-desk receptionist for Work-Study. Interaction day and night with students and residents of the dorm. Students to become very engaged with faculty and staff and students are well aware of positive trained living while on campus.
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Close-in and Open House
Only full time permanent employees are compensated well
Laboratory Manager, PMABS Biotechnology Program (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NC 28301September 16, 2017
If one is fortunate to receive a full time permanent position, the employee will receive great benefits and monetary compensation will eventually correspond with experience.
Wonderful school to attend
N/A (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 30, 2017
My years at Fayetteville State University were the best years of my life. I accomplished many of my short term goals and working to the big ones now as we speak!
Pros
great teachers, students, and wonderful safe campus
Cons
security
Great Place to attend school! I was a student!
Student (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 2, 2017
I attended school here and I was not actually employed but if they treat their employees like they treat their students then by all means it would be an extraordinary place to be employed.
Working as an RA
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 2, 2017
The reason why I became a Resident Assistant was so that i could meet new people, and expand on my networking skills. When I became an RA I became a better person as to where I am able to listen to other peoples problems without being selfish, I have also learned that not everybody was raised like you so they have a different way of viewing things.
Productive and flexible
Assistant Student Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 25, 2017
Job requires what you would expect from a maintenance job. We would make sure that the dormitories on campus were suitable for student to live in and be comfortable.
Good opportunities for research and teaching with M.A. Program in Counseling Psychology
Professor of Psychology (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 7, 2017
Fayetteville State University provided good opportunities for research and teaching with M.A. Program in Counseling Psychology. I taught 2-3 psychology classes per week with at least 1 in MA counseling program. Supervising graduate student theses and counseling services was the most enjoyable part of the job. I supervised 8 MA theses over a 2 year period, I also developed an on-campus Psychological Services Center including a Policies and Procedures Manual. The University was an HBCU, and thus I taught many African-American students. This was a learning experience The Chair did a good job in management of the Department. I won the Teacher of the Year Award in the College of Arts and Sciences during the 2007-2008 academic year. The most difficult part of the job was an administration that, in my opinion, was often unsupportive of psychology department innovations and was authoritarian in leadership style. Long-standing conflicts among some psychology faculty was also a problem.
Pros
Goood opportunities for reseach, teaching, and clinical supervision with MA students in Counseling Psychology
Cons
Conflictual politics among faculty andadministrators and faculty
Great Workplace
Academic Advisor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 5, 2017
This is great organization to work for. There are many opportunities for advancement, great teamwork atmosphere, and strong sense of responsibility and togetherness.
I loved working at my HBCU
Lab Assistant Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 19, 2017
I had nothing but a blast being able to assist with fellow broncos to learn community involvement and helping me grow into the person I am today!!!!!!
Interesting Workplace
Processing Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 19, 2017
Typical day at work was checking email notices and emails which I distributed to proper staff. I learned the nature of military and how the government runs. Management was favorable. The workplace was great and a fun place to work, but sometimes boring. The hardest part of my job was staying busy when there were down times. The hardest part of my job was having skills that were not used in this position. The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction with the students and their classes.
Very relaxed environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 14, 2017
I loved working here I got to meet many different people from different backgrounds. I learned about many different computer programs I got to learn about Fayetteville State Campus.
Good Job
Mathematics Tutor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 25, 2017
I like working with students and helping them. Our supervisor is a great person and the other tutors were great people to work alongside. We went to different classes and helped students.