Fayetteville State University Employee Reviews

Productive and fun work place
Student Temp (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCDecember 7, 2015
I attend Fayetteville State University and opportunities are always available to expand an individuals knowledge in any aspect.
fun, productive, comfortable
Certified Peer Health Educator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 15, 2015
Good place to start out working and gaining experience. Cool environment to work in. Cool employees.
Good atmosphere, although it could get very boring at times, but you will have fun.
N/A
Administrative Support Associate II (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 18, 2015
Fayetteville State University is a great place to work. The people are friendly and easy to get along with. It's like a family environment feeling.
n/a
I have worked at Fayetteville State University for three years and I really enjoy it! The people are very nice. It's a wonderful environment to work in.
So-So
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 12, 2015
There wasn't really anything bad about this place. Although some of the students were really at a below learning level.
Pros
Team
Cons
Students
Productive Multitasking and Customer Service
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 10, 2015
As a resident assistant there are two different positions you may work on different days, shift or duty. This job has 100% customer service so we always see our residents, whether working shift (stationed at the desk) or on duty (on call). A typical day on shift is submitting all maintenance requests, room lock-outs, and incidents for the residents. When your on duty, you handle letting residents into their apartments, any campus violations reported by campus police or residents, and doing general building rounds the complex. I learned how to sharpen my multitasking skills, being more assertive and realistic while doing this job. I like the co-workers that I am with because we work well as a team to get any job done. The hardest part of the job is making sure your always on your p's and q's around the residents, and the most enjoyable thing is coming in contact with different cultures and learning from different situations presented to you!
Pros
Open environment, flexible hours
Wonderful lab experience in the College of Chemistry and Physical Sciences
Advising Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 7, 2015
This wasn't really a job, but more like an work study gig. But I enjoyed the experience working with other students. My research adviser was wonderful as well.
Fayetteville State
Peer Leader and Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 24, 2015
I am an alumni of the illustrious institution ! great management!
great work environment and way to gain clerical experience!
A really good experience
Course Tutor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 29, 2015
I tutored students in lower level courses (Data Structure/ Algorithms; Logic Programming) and gained valuable communication skills by explaining programs.
A good place to work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 24, 2015
The people create a good environment to work and the work is sometimes tedious but rewarding. The supervisors also helped with development.
Pros
Lay back environment
Cons
short lunch breaks
Supplemental Instruction
Supplemental Instructor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville North CarolinaJune 12, 2015
A typical day at work includes an office hour professor hour and a lab hour where we meet and discuss the material of the day and make session plans for anyone who may have missed the material of the day or maybe through out the week.
Fun workplace
Library Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 2, 2015
Working in the library was quiet, but exciting at the same time. Helping the students with there problems finding a particular book, and or catalog for an assignment that was due. My favorite part about working there was the decorations, each station would battle for the best decorations so that was the joy of it.
Productive, gained knowledge
SOCIAL WORK OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 27, 2015
Gained knowledge that will help me later on in my career. Everyone step in and help when I needed it. I enjoyed working in the Social Work department, I know I picked the right major.
Pros
Down time was able to do homework
Cons
Was only able to work 10hours a week
Fun
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMay 10, 2015
Working at FSU was very good, love working there, I could go in whenever, decent pay, good people, plenty of work to do. If there was no work for me to do, I could listen to music or watch a movie on my computer, or do my homework.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Inspirational and fun place to work
Administrative Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 15, 2015
I enjoy working at Fayetteville State University because I am helping people reach their potential and educational goals.
Computer Lab Setting
ITTS Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 12, 2015
Monitor students.while assisting them with any IT and user issues. Help with other office duties such as answering calls an taking messages.
Pros
On Campus
Cons
Job was temporary
Great start as Intern
Economic Development Liaison Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 9, 2015
I was offered this position as a temporary Intern from a former professor. I loved the work and the company. Management and supervisors were very professional and kept in contact. Pay was not the best and there was no benefits. Internship led to a permanent and full time position.
Pros
advancement, flexible, supervisors
Cons
pay, benefits
small classrooms
Four-Year Collegiate Student-Athlete (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 5, 2015
The small classrooms allow you to receive more one on one time with the professor enhancing your knowledge. Small campus allows you to have close relationships with students and creating a great environment for making connections.
Pros
small class
Cons
the area is bad
Career Counselor/Graduate School Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 19, 2015
Welcoming atmosphere and enjoyable to work in while obtaining valuable experience and independence. Ability to excel and move forward.
Great learning experience !
National Pan-Hellenic Council Secretary (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 11, 2015
I enjoyed working with people from different organizations who all came together for a common cause. Got to see different sides of people whom I have known for the past four years.

4.2