Fayetteville State University

Fayetteville State University Employee Reviews

Inspirational and fun place to work
Administrative Support Associate (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 15, 2015
I enjoy working at Fayetteville State University because I am helping people reach their potential and educational goals.
Computer Lab Setting
ITTS Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 12, 2015
Pros: On Campus
Cons: Job was temporary
Monitor students.while assisting them with any IT and user issues. Help with other office duties such as answering calls an taking messages.
Great start as Intern
Economic Development Liaison Assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 9, 2015
Pros: advancement, flexible, supervisors
Cons: pay, benefits
I was offered this position as a temporary Intern from a former professor. I loved the work and the company. Management and supervisors were very professional and kept in contact. Pay was not the best and there was no benefits. Internship led to a permanent and full time position.
small classrooms
Four-Year Collegiate Student-Athlete (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 5, 2015
Pros: small class
Cons: the area is bad
The small classrooms allow you to receive more one on one time with the professor enhancing your knowledge. Small campus allows you to have close relationships with students and creating a great environment for making connections.
Career Counselor/Graduate School Advisor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 19, 2015
Welcoming atmosphere and enjoyable to work in while obtaining valuable experience and independence. Ability to excel and move forward.
Great learning experience !
National Pan-Hellenic Council Secretary (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 11, 2015
I enjoyed working with people from different organizations who all came together for a common cause. Got to see different sides of people whom I have known for the past four years.
Very Friendly Environment
Computer Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 10, 2015
Pros: ok
Cons: ok
good placement, only did internship there, nice work life balance, great teachers and staff, nice programs, it was okay to be there
Good benefits. Management needs improvement.
Officer (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 5, 2015
Pros: benefits, shift premium pay
Cons: no room to advance within company, mandatory overtime, two year probationary period
Fayetteville State University Public Safety Department can definitely use improvement in management. Everyone is not on one accord. The job is way too easy to be made so complex. Other than these issues, it is not a bad place to be employed.
Family
NC-PreK Teacher (Current Employee), Early Childhood Learning CenterMarch 4, 2015
It's like having family around all the time.
Everyone is willing to help wherever needed. Dependable.

The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the children. I love to see their faces light up when they learn something new.
Student Oriented
Government Documents Assistant (Current Employee), Fayetteville NCFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: nice employers
Cons: wish there were more hours
Very student oriented and Fayetteville State University is really all about you! The staff are really helpful and the most enjoyable part about my job is seeing my supervisor. I love the environment quiet and organized.
Efficient and Effective work environment
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJanuary 26, 2015
I worked the 11pm to 7 am shift. It was pretty quiet at night and the guest are pretty much in house in their rooms. I learned a lot about checking in and out guest and the effective way to get it done efficiently and in a timely manner. My co-workers were awesome to work with. the hardest part of this job was walking the parking lot by myself and making sure nothing was out of order and no guest cars or property were tampered with. also the hour commute began to take a toll on me. The most enjoyable was assisting the guest and making sure their needs were met.
great
Library assistant (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJanuary 13, 2015
loved the library loved my fellow co workers loved my boss just great
Opinion
Administration Support Associate (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCDecember 22, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: other people's lack of business sense makes you work harder not smarter.
Its difficult to work in an environment when co workers do not have the same work ethic as yourself. You typically hear..."Its not my job", there are too many chiefs and not enough indians.
This is a school
Cadet @ Army ROTC (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCDecember 6, 2014
Great programs, and professors. Would definitely return for further school training.
Do not take a job in Financial aid
Financial Aid (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCSeptember 7, 2014
Cons: culture, working environment, poor management
The Director is very condescending and micro manages everything! You can never do anything right no matter how hard you try! The counselors have their own little clique and do not support anyone new to the "team." It is the worst place I have ever worked.

Be prepared to be berated and talked down to often.
Production was peform in makking sure all Manager sales was meet
Tutor/ Upward Bound Program (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCAugust 12, 2014
Pros: excellent
Management the job and make sure all student was take care of at all time.
Productive, fun workplace, and overall great eviornment
Student Service Center Counselor (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 29, 2014
Receives questions over the phone, disseminates information or routes as needed to appropriate staff, locations, or sources for assistance.
Prepares memos, letters and email communications to students of enrollment reminders and deadlines.
Compiles and maintains reports regarding visitors, telephone calls and other program activities.
Enjoyable Environment
Student Services Specialist (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 6, 2014
I enjoyed my team members. The most difficult part of the job was the lack of training to properly service the students.
Overveiw
Warehouse worker (Former Employee), north carolinaJuly 5, 2014
Received and managed supplies and inventory, Delivered order and offices supplies on campus, kept record of all orders sent and received, maintained work delivery vehicles clean
Life at Fayetteville State University (ARAMARK)
Location Supervisor/Management Team (Current Employee), Fayetteville NCJune 22, 2014
Pros: eat for free at the university, alumni of fayetteville state university, free games (football, basketball etc).
Cons: i don't need health insurance from the company (compensation)
A typical day: Fast pace environment, with daily changes and transformation. Must make executive decisions in a seconds notice. Love the excitement of conquering day to day activities.

I have learned: I have learned and mastered all areas, there is no room to grow or advance in my career. Need a Challenge.

Management /Co-workers: Employees are excellent and depend on me to "make it happen". Management need more Team work.

Hardest part of my job: I get home really late hours.

Enjoyable part of the job: I meet wonderful people from all over the world, it is a honor and a pleasure to make a difference.

1 2 3 4