Fazoli's

Fazoli's Employer Reviews

fun workplace
Fazoli's (Former Employee), Vincennes, INFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: half price lunches
Cons: short breaks
On a typical work day I was normally busy taking orders and getting them to the customers. I cooked and cleaned. It was good hard work. Management was great, very friendly, and often helped with work. Co workers were awesome to work with. the hsardest part was when we had slow days and the most enjoyable part was being around public.
Okay
Cashier (Current Employee), Quincy, ILFebruary 2, 2015
Loving employees but rude unmotivated managers. My other coworkers are amazing but the managers always put us down and we have no benefits. Also no full time only part time unless you're a manager
short hour business
Team member (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free
Cons: short breaks
I'll come and just start doing Serve customers in eating places that specialize in fast service and inexpensive carry-out food.
Accept payment from customers, and make change as necessary.
Clean and organize eating, service, and kitchen areas.
Communicate with customers regarding orders, comments, and complaints.
Prepare and serve cold drinks, or frozen milk drinks or desserts, using drink-dispensing, milkshake, or frozen custard machines.
Collect and return dirty dishes to the kitchen for washing.
Perform personnel activities such as supervising and training employees.
Distribute food to servers.
Wash dishes, glassware, and silverware after meals.
Serve food and beverages to guests at banquets or other social functions.
Clean food preparation areas, cooking surfaces, and utensils.
Take food and drink orders and receive payment from customers.
Great Customers
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Moline, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Management could use a lot of work, they have teenagers running the restaurant. A decent job for the salary, not very much room for advancement, very nice customers.
The job was great until new management came about in 2010
Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, INJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: new management
I had been with this company for 8 years. I had enjoyed all my co-workers and in general the company itself. I had plans to stay and move up in the company, but then I decided I wanted to go to school full-time. My co-Workers were great and I really enjoyed all my weekly customers.
Hard working but fun to work at
Associate Manager (Current Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: discount
Cons: short breaks, no benefits
A typical day for me at work would be; I come in prep items that need to be prepped for the night (salads, salad packs, sauce). Then I go into the position that I am assigned and work that position until around 8 and then I will send the short shift associates home. When we close, I close down the registers making sure we have the correct totals for both cash and credit/debit cards and gift cards. Then when everyone is done, I will check over their position making sure they finished everything and that it's ready to go for the next day.

I have learned to be more patient with others and making sure that our guests are coming first and to listen to what everyone says to get the correct story right.

The hardest part of this job is making sure the guests are okay but also that our employees are okay. If the guests aren't happy then I won't be happy which means that some of the employees won't be too happy either.

The most enjoyable part of this job are the people that I work with. If I am having a rough day, They can make me feel better with just the smallest joke. They can make me laugh when I need it.
I also like helping out the other employees. If they are getting backed up they know that I am there to help with whatever they need.
Good if you like short hours and if you are a highschool student.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Alton, ILJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: no hours
Barley got any hours and the management didn't know what they were doing.
Fun working environment.
cashier (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: fun work environment.
Cons: not alot of hours.
It was always a good day working there. I learned lots of new things, meeting new people. Managers were good, co-workers were nice and funny. There wasn't really a hard part of the day, and working with my employees was fun.
Okay place to work
Team Member (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, CODecember 24, 2014
Pros: learn cooking prep
Cons: pay could have been better.
Cleaned and prepared foods for cooking.
Performed dishwashing duties and cleaned food preparation areas
Some managers good, others not so good
Good co-workers.
Enjoyed the team work
Friendly environment
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Waterloo, IADecember 15, 2014
I had to press t-shirts . long sleeves , tux., & collared shirts .
from 5am to 8 am i had to press at least 100 shirts keep count
fix machines when overheated or my count number didn't show up
Eventful
Pasta Cook (Former Employee), Anderson, INDecember 3, 2014
Pros: great co-worker connections, positive environment
Cons: everyone underpaid
Everyday consisted of different complications and questions on right and wrong. As a pasta cook I did more than my job required every day due to necessity. Every one of my co-workers got along and enjoyed our time in the kitchen even when the job was physically demanding. During the day we often were left with one manager for the whole crew, resulting in the manager scrambling around and having little control. We all were part of the same team and we acted like it. We rotated jobs often just to free someone up for a few seconds to handle a task they may be more familiar with than others. I personally would say I did not notice management, I noticed a team working as a whole to get the job done timely and correct the first time. The hardest part about this job was the amount of different tasks flowing through your head and focusing on how to maximize time to accomplish them all. I would say this was also the most enjoyable part, considering I love to learn and grow with new experiences having this fast pace environment helped me to organize my time most efficiently and allowed me to possess skills for jobs in the future.
Fun workplace and wonderful staff to work with
Associate (Current Employee), Bridgeton, MissouriDecember 2, 2014
Pros: lunch discounts, friendly and fun co-workers
Cons: short breaks, no benefits, low pay, very low hours
A typical day at Fazoli's would be first opening up the store by prepping all of the foods you would be using throughout the day, such as making the pasta, sorting and organizing broccoli, sausage, sauces, mushrooms, etc. Once the store opens at 11:00 am, atleast one or two people will be assigned at the front of the house, (front registers and dining area). Two people will be assigned to the drive-thru, but usually one will be working alone (unless help is needed) and the other employee will be washing dishes and/or prepping the garlic breadsticks. One to three people will be assigned for steamtable, bake table and to catch and prepare anything that comes out of the oven. Throughout the day more employees will be coming and going depending on how close it is to the busiest times of the day. There are typically atleast 3 to 4 managers working throughout the entire day, with a total of 6 or 7. All managers are hardworking and very nice individuals that will go above and beyond to meet a customers needs. Most of the employees are hardworking as well, and just as nice. I would say the hardest part of the job would be trying to meet every guest's expectations and needs when it is around the busiest times of day, lunch time and dinner time, especially if we are under staffed for the day. The Bridgeton store is one of the busiest stores in the St. Louis area, so it gets to be overwhelming at times when a large amount of people come into the dining room and through the drive-thru at the same time. The most enjoyable part of the job would be having fun with coworkers and meeting new, friendly people everyday.
Great family like atmosphere
Associate Cook (Former Employee), Centennial, CONovember 26, 2014
Pros: free lunch each day
Cons: difficult scheduling
between the morning and noon hours we were constantly rushed with customers, my co-workers, though young, were skilled and willing to help whenever needed. the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the constant rushes during lunch and dinner hours. the most enjoyable part of the job was that everyone has a strong sense of family and togetherness it made working there extremely enjoyable. in working there i learned time management skills and how to multitask.
All around great place.
Associate (Former Employee), Alton, ILNovember 24, 2014
Pros: amazing work place.
Cons: no room for advancement.
Fazoli's establishment was by far a gr eat place to work. Although you could only advance so far into management. The atmosphere was terrific, the co-workers astonishing and, the guests outstanding and polite. The typical day kept me alarmed and on my feet. I did basically did everything there that I could get my hands on. I like learning and I try to develop my work skills as much as possible to better myself for my company and my own pursuit in a career.
Unprofessional work environment
Associate (Current Employee), Avon, INSeptember 22, 2014
Very unprofessional from the general manger himself. Advancement hard to come by due to management.
Creative Environment
Team Member (Former Employee), Evansville, INSeptember 14, 2014
Pros: discounts, friendly managers
Cons: rude co-workers, heavy dishes
My typical day at work would consist of preparing meals, delivering them to customers, cleaning up the dining room, and the back during closing hours. What I learned most is balancing school and work can be very difficult especially if you're not use to it. My short time at Fazoli's was fun, but I fell into some personal troubles at that time, and couldn't further pursue a job there. The management were very professional and respectful, but some of my co-workers didn't respect my being the "rookie" as much. The hardest part of the job was carrying those 30-50lb plates and going home to swollen joints each night, also being bullied around. I also didn't like the restaurant atmosphere that much, I've always been a bigger fan of a Retail, Customer Service or factorial position. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have my first job and being independent.
Terrible work environment
Associate (Former Employee), Aurora, COSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free food for closers, discounted food for you and your family during your shift
Cons: never got done closing on time, can't get full benefits until 6 months after you start working there, management didn't seem to know what they were doing
I enjoyed working here for about a week. The employees were rude, the managers didn't seem to have any sense of management skills, employees were expected to find someone to cover for them when they could not make it in to work that day rather than the employer/manager doing it, and there was absolutely no sense of teamwork among the employees.
minimal
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Anderson, INSeptember 1, 2014
Very Poor status over all. Worked way to hard for the pay I was receiving. Management decreased and wasn't a help. Very stressful work environment.
fun work place
Supervisor (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 27, 2014
Pros: excellen learning experience
Cons: non reliable crew members
shift supervisor of a crew up to 16
phones
managed drive thru
Excellent Restaurant Experience
Associate (Current Employee), Troy, OHAugust 21, 2014
I have worked at Fazoli's since I was a Sophomore in high school and have continued to work there throughout college when I was able to come home for breaks. The managers have been very accommodating to me and my other coworkers who have gone away to college and have come back home for the summer. I am primarily a day shift cashier/server. I enjoy this position because I am able to interact with the guests. I love being able to explain the menu to new guests and to ensure that they have the best experience possible. Through this job I have learned how to manage my time and how to work well with others individually and as a team. Fazoli's is a great job for any one who is personable and loves to help make people happy!

1 2 3 4 5

About Fazoli's

The taste of Italy can be as close as your local shopping mall thanks to this company. Fazoli's Restaurants operates a leading – Read more

Fazoli's Salaries