FCB - First Convenience Bank Employee Reviews

Awful
Personal Banker/Teller (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXAugust 20, 2017
Very poor management. Little to no chance of truly advancing. Poor compensation for the work load. High turn over rate. Clique-like environment. Awful company.
Pros
laid back
Cons
everything else
Not pleasant
Personal Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 15, 2017
My time at the job was fun but alot of things that were pushed were sales, sales, sales. A bunch of the practices were not geared towards the customers favorite. It was more focused on making sales and making quotas.
Excellent pay
Teller (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 15, 2017
Excellent pay. Long hours. Able to move up to manager position if that's your goal. Great friendly people. You goal is to open new accounts and pay is extra.
Pros
Extra pay
It was very competitive
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 8, 2017
some of the supervisors played favorites, it was a very stressful job with people from your own work place bringing you down all the time. I think people was very hard to work with because they didn't require any experience or any training prior to going to the job.
i leanred to have a lot of respect for everyone
Personal Banker and Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXAugust 8, 2017
typically at work i would focus on getting accounts, making sure customers left the center happy, hardest part of my job was dealing with coworkers who didn't like doing the job
Always something different happening each day!
Hotline Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 7, 2017
I enjoyed working here. I only stopped my employment so that I could focus on my family. The sales goals were a little out of reach at times, but everyone would work as a team to help each team member hit their monthly sales goal. I really liked that part of the job.
great opportunity to move up quickly, motivating, and fun, fast place atmosphere
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 31, 2017
A typical day starts out with making sure that the branch is clean, supplies are stocked up for the day to run deposits, withdrawals. after the branch is set up, cleaned and ready to go, then I would round up my employees for a sales huddle and get everyone's goals and commitments for that day. the culture for FCB is "find ways to say yes" to the customers, really going above and beyond to make sure you are providing five star customer service. It is a very strong sales oriented company. customer service and then sales are top priority. The hardest part of the job is making sure you hit 120 percent to goal each month. You never want to settle for minimum so my expectation for my banking center was to achieve 120 percent to goal. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping my employees grow and mentoring them to move up within the company and being rewarded and recognized when we exceeded our goal and broke records.
Retail Banking was not my thing
Personal Banker III (Former Employee) –  La Vernia, TXJuly 29, 2017
When you envision working for a bank, you imagine decent working hours and a somewhat relaxed environment. FCB can be relaxed at times, on the verge of boring, yet you're given ridiculous sales goals that the managers can't even achieve. I really liked my branch and the coworkers and manager, but the low pay and high sales goals combination just weren't working for me.
Fun place but it's work it doesn't balance out with outside life
Personal Banker I (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2017
Good place to work. Management doesn't work with schedules. Chances of advancing are vague . It doesn't balance out with outside life. Like if you have kids it's always a must to work on the weekends
Good if you're a sales oriented person
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Weatherford, TXJuly 24, 2017
If sales are your thing then this job would be great for you. Otherwise, this job is very stressful as it has extremely high quotas for opening new accounts. The pay is okay at best. The stress and insane pressure that is put on you to meet your goals make people quit very quickly. Even the managers get moved around a lot. I worked at one branch and had four different managers in the one year that I worked there.
Pros
Free food and good people
Cons
Management, sales
i loved it
Personal Banker/Teller (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 21, 2017
really loved working at FCB, the pepole there were amazing, and it didnt really feel like a job, it was always fun to go into work evey day.
the managers were awesome.
All they care about is new accounts
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJuly 4, 2017
I worked there for almost 2 months and did not learn a single thing about being a teller. I spent most day walking around bothering folks to open accounts. Or making snacks to get people to approach. It was a waste of my time. However the pay is decent, and it was something to add to my resume. But I advise you to work for a real bank that will teach the ends and outs of banking, like Wells Fargo or a credit union. Even management will still your potential accounts here.
Pros
Food and pay
Cons
Management, sales only driven, no actual learning, and the cut throat competition
Great Customers, Fun Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 2, 2017
As an assistant manager of the bank, I learned about the operations of the bank. I worked as a training manager, ATM manager, and vault manager. The best part of this job was the customers.
It is what you make it
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Porter, TXJune 27, 2017
I enjoyed working here my only issue was when I was 8 months pregnant a family member decided to take her life and my district manager at the time decided to let me know that I needed to decide, straight from her mouth.. "what is more important to you family or your job." I then chose to leave.
Pros
commission
Cons
district management too much upper management
In need of better Management
Banker (Former Employee) –  Waxahachie, TXJune 21, 2017
Most of the Management was lacking communication and an environment that would make the workplace run successfully. It was a decent work environment but sometimes there was too much talk between employees on matters that were not their business.
very exciting and vibrant.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 20, 2017
professional, skillful, and influential. the branches are located inside many walmart stores and also Kroger stores as well. opportunities for sales can be a very high volume when working within these facilities.
Productive, Upbeat with Integrated Sales
Personal Banker III (Former Employee) –  Lucas, TX 75002June 18, 2017
Found ways to execute integrated sales while keeping the environment fun and as stress free as possible. Excellent training classes, fun and informative. Because of the way they utilize their information they make it easy to memorize all the regulations as fast as possible. They have great training in building Rapport with customers that will reinforce you to build lasting customer relationships.
Pros
Free lunches in Training, incentives for Sales.
Cons
certain branch management could use a little bit of work.
sales and driven
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 13, 2017
only focused on sales. you sell more you move up only problem if you don't sell your job security is close to obselete. so if you are in for high pressure sales go for it
overworked and underpaid
Supervisor (Personal Banker / Relationship Banker) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2017
you work hard to get paid less...overworked underpaid...but you can definitely move up very quickly... the sales goals are unrealistic sometimes depending on the location
Pros
quick advancement
Cons
not enough pay
Good place to learn new skills
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 6, 2017
Amazing place to learn new skill and promote quickly.
Sales intensive and long hours. However great management team makes it easy and fun to work around.
Pros
Commison checks look like a regular payday check.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FCB - First Convenience Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

FCB - First Convenience Bank Reviews by Location