FCB - First Convenience Bank Employee Reviews in United States

Sales Oriented Fast Paced Retail Banking
Personal Banker III / Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 2, 2015
Great entry level job for those just entering the Banking Industry. This is predominately a retail banking environment usually in Megastores.Great training. Be prepared to handle everything from opening new accounts, to processing loans, to handling everyday teller transactions. High emphasis on Sales.
Pros
Fun Promotions! Great Training, Good Benefits. Sales Bonus and Incentives
Cons
Career promotions are dependent on sales knowledge. Long hours.
very tiring
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 22, 2016
I loved my customers that is one thing i love customer service, working at First convenience i learned a lot of things such as how to run an ATM, coin machine, and to be a vault teller all very important rolls in the company. The only thing that i really did not like was management sometimes well most of the time they would leave it to me to run the bank i would be in charge of balancing drawers making sure everything was fine while they would go out and have 2-3 hour lunches some times management wouldn't even come back from lunch yet they would still get mad at the team for not getting as much accounts as we had to when we are running the line all day long. The main branch manager would not get along with me at all i never did anything to her on the other hand i would do what her managers wouldn't do at the branch that was one of the main reasons i had to leave that place.
Hard to Balance Job and Work Life
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Azle, TXFebruary 19, 2016
Each week is a different schedule. I usually get a week notice on days I have off, but the schedule is subject to change at any time without a notice. So, planning activities with family and friends is difficult to do. I feel that schedules should be made two weeks in advance. Also, the bank is open long hours, including weekends and holidays.Other than that, I have really enjoyed working for this company. There is a sales goal, but as long as your willing to try and make an effort, your team will help you get the monthly sales goals.
Pros
Great Working Enviroment
Cons
Schedules are always subject to change. So, its hard to plan activites with family or friends.
First Convenience Bank
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 19, 2016
A typical day at work is 9-10 hours of work which includes following the opening and closing procedures. I also have to handle all kinds of customer complains. I have to have a detailed knowledge of all products offered. Have to be vigilant about counterfeit money. I meet the monthly goals set for me. I am a pretty organized person which makes it easier for me to do my job. I prefer doing the easy tasks ahead of the more difficult tasks in order to save time and also if I need any help from my co-workers who are very helpful along with my management. One of my duties also include fixing up the ATM from time to time. All in all I am having a wonderful time here and I learned quite a lot during my shifts at work.
First Convenience Bank
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 2, 2016
First Convenience Bank is a god company other than getting payed hourly you also got commission. At this bank I learned to deal with money matters. Frauds ,Credit cards , Loans Ect. A typical work day was come in open the vault open teller stations. take care of customer transactions. throughout the day you had to go and try to find people who would be interested on opening a bank account with us. (this will help meet our goal at the end of the month of the amount of accounts pen by each employee). we also had to do loans , bach-out and open accounts. by the end of the day we had to review all transactions and make sure all confidential information was shredded or put away. we would have to secure the vault and put the alarm system in.
Hardest part of this job was reaching the monthly goal of accounts open. and having to stay later than usual to support other co-workers that have not reached the goal.
Also working Holidays was a bit too much.
Cons
working holidays and sundays
A great learning experience
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 22, 2016
A typical day at work is assisting our customers and opening up new accounts for new customers. I learned a lot about companies rules and regulations, the ideal knowledge of selling and introducing a new member to our bank, different loan types such as fresh start, smart cash, unsecured and secured loans. My co-workers were wonderful! We made a great time to make sure we exceeded our goals. The hardest part of the job was just to manage six four and five level classes along with working thirty minutes from where I live and go to school at but I was able to manage very well. The most enjoyable part was working with my co-workers they really made me feel at home.
Pros
Employees and customers
Life at the Bank
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Sachse, TXMay 2, 2016
I worked with First Convenience Bank for about 1 year so not that long at all. I had thought it was the job for me, but no advancement meant no pay increase and wanted a better future for me and my family. The management was okay if the right manager was on staff that day. We had a few that were not very professional so it was hard to get a long with them and customers would see it. Would go to the DC and there would be no change so really had to find something else that I would feel that I was going forward and not backwards. We had a lot of different duties that had to be carried out daily and it was not easy to get completed before the end of the day, but somehow it was doable and things were completed. The people were awesome, got along great and met very interesting customers.
The crew members that I started out working with were an Awesome Team
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 4, 2016
A typical day at work was very hectic with considerable amount of multi tasking involved. I learned a variety of aspects about Banking and the Managers that were there when I was hired were Excellent as well as my co-workers. There was no hardest part of the position, except when the Original Team was broken up and the most Enjoyable part of my job were the Management and Co-workers that I got hired on with.
Pros
All of the Promos that we, as a Team, provided for our customers and HEB employees as well.
Cons
Having to stand on our feet for 11 hours with no chance of sitting, unless you were opening accounts.
Way underpaid
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 17, 2016
Extremely stressful environment with pay that is barely above minimum wage. District manager has a bad attitude and doesn't hide it from anyone. Employees are encouraged not to quit with undeserving promotions putting more stress on them in the process, while employees that deserve promotions are put on the back burner in order to keep the ones who are close to quitting. On an off-note, I dealt with two se-xual (apparently an inappropriate word for indeed) harassment cases in my four years there and, in both cases, the employees who committed the act were moved to other branchs and promoted.
Cons
pay, stress
It's a Great Place to Start
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  DeSoto, TXMay 26, 2015
Working at FCB you are challenged and motivated everyday to push for more. The benefits are great and the sales incentive you must really push yourself to earn it. At FCB you really learn what team work is about. You do lot's of bonding with your team. FCB offers great product although some people get greedy with the sales incentive and don't think about the customer. The hours are great and convenient for the customers but as an employee it is difficult to achieve the work/life balance. This job can be consuming but it's a great place to start.
Pros
Hour off coupons for sales, floating holidays, personal time, vacation time, health insurance
Cons
Long hours, Sales prssures, must work Sundays
Sales
Assistant Manager/Branch Mentor (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXFebruary 3, 2016
Sales are a must in this company.You are a teller but also have to be a sales representative. Management is great and is there to help you, it ranks from Personal banker level 1-3 then supervisor after its assistant branch manager and later Branch manager and so forth. You are required to be able to work weekends. It is never a grantee that you will have a weekend off, but you do have 2 days out of the week just that they won't always be the same days. Incentives or bonuses are great if monthly goals are met and you meet the requirements.
Pros
incentives and job appreciation
Cons
meet deadlines
Too competitve
Personal Banker Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXMay 19, 2016
The job is mainly sales based and that's all you will hear about on a daily basis. Unless you really like sales, I do not recommend this job! Everyone is too competitive to get accounts and do whatever it takes to reach the top. I can understand to an extent, but the competition level is just out of hand. Nobody really looks out for anyone. Also, regardless of how hard you work, you are NOT appreciated unless you are consistently making goal every month.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Sales based
Great environment for driven people who want to advance professionally.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Floresville, TXFebruary 10, 2015
I learned how incorporate multiple employees personalities into a team unit that exceeded sales goals while adhering to employee retention expectations and branch budget. The sales environment promoted creativity and allowing for employees to feel empowered to express and execute sales promotion ideas. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was the opportunity to learn the administrative duties and become the leader of a very diverse and young team of associates with the challenge of coaching and teaching them to reach their full potential with company through promotions and salary increases. The most difficult part of the job was the balance between work and family due the 7 day and extended hours of operation.
Pros
Creative and fun meetings; incentives for meeting sales goals
Cons
Extended hours of operations; difficult to balance work and home life
Fun and exciting job
Senior Personal Banker III- Banking Services (Former Employee) –  Desoto TXMarch 9, 2016
• Opens and processes all types of deposit and loan accounts.
• Identified potential customer banking needs and cross-sells other bank products and services.
• Refers customers to other specialist as appropriate.
• Responsible for meeting assigned operational, cross-sale and referral goals.
• Manages assigned portfolio of High Value Clients to build and retains customer relationships
Pros
Meeting new and old customers
Cons
Working holidays and weekends
A lot of changes
Supervisor/ Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 21, 2016
7 - day banking which means schedules are weekly. You may have to work late if goals are not met. This is mainly a sales role job with operations on the side. If you don't sale you will not get promoted.
Pros
Incetives are great
Cons
working hours
Fun place to work, but can be stressful
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 9, 2016
FCB is a great place to work and very competitive. Sales can be difficult but as long as you are staying on top of your goal, there are lots of advancement opportunities and incentive bonuses.
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
Sales can be stressful
personal banker
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 9, 2016
great company to work for, provide great customer service.
promote bank products , open long hours to service client.
open 7 days a week.
working
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 17, 2016
Make sales and made sure the bank ran great. I built a great time and kept the bank in compliance. Loved the people i worked with. I didn't like the hours and the stress it came with.
Pros
advancement
Cons
systems, management
Great work place
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Uvalde, TXJune 24, 2015
I appreciated all the knowledge that I gained from this job. You will assist customers in their accounts and loans. As their personal banker, I made sure to explain all the benefits of having our bank and how to acquire/ use the banks perks to the fullest. Banker, loan officer, and advisor to our customers.
Pros
start off wages
Cons
rotating shift
Workplace could be a little better but for the most part it was fun.
Head Teller and Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TXMay 9, 2016
Typical day at work consists of customers coming up to cash checks make deposits make withdrawals and so on. Customer service is very key and also have a lot interaction and sales pitches with customers.

FCB - First Convenience Bank Reviews by Location