FCC Environmental

FCC Environmental Employer Reviews

good company
Field Supervisor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDOctober 23, 2014
went out of business company was good learned a lot people were nice...
Internship
Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 20, 2014
Really helped me understand and apply my knowledge to the real world situations.
it was a great place to work
driver (Former Employee), Concord, CAOctober 8, 2014
I loved working w/ mgr and the employees. it was like working with family. the hardest part was trying to get to all my routes I was the only water driver.
Excellent work environment and good pay
Oil Collection and Parts Cleaner Technician (Former Employee), Norfolk, VASeptember 28, 2014
Pros: ability to work independently
Cons: work in the heat.
FCC Environmental is an excellent company for which to work. The training could have been more extensive but the on-the-job-training mistakes were dealt with in a professional manner.

I would report to work in the morning and clock in on the computer. A changing room was provided for putting on the company provided uniforms and boots. The boots were – more... provided through a stipend of $125.00. I would pick up the days stops and go to the truck and perform the pre-trip inspection. I would then load the truck with any additional solvent needed and depart for the day.

When arriving at the stops I would lower the lift ramp, open the back of the truck, ride up and remove the items needed such as the solvent and cleaning rags. At each stop I would talk to the owner/manager of the shop and if no service was needed I would pack up and leave.

If service was needed I would clean the inside and outside of the "sink" of the parts cleaner with the old solvent and when complete I would change the solvent and run the pump to ensure it was in good working order. I would then clean up any mess left behind, pack up all equipment, have the paperwork signed, and depart.

Upon completion of the days activities out of the shop I would return to the shop, remove the empty drums as well as any drums which contained old used solvent. I would look at the paperwork for the next day and reload any drums needed to accomplish the next days' work.

I learned a great deal about the oil collection business. Our management was professional and very good at getting new business. My co-workers were always helpful and had a positive attitude towards the job. The hardest part of the job was dealing with uncooperative customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was my fellow employees and the assistance we all provided to each other. – less
Enjoyed my time here
AR Accounting Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXApril 23, 2014
Pros: work out room
Enjoyed my time here and people I work with on a dailly basis.
was a nice place to work till 2012
csr driver (Former Employee), plant city flApril 10, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: management sucks
Worked here for 13 years till they wanted me to start stealing from customers to profit there pockets and I don't believe in that it is just wrong
no comment
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 7, 2014
I enjoyed the job and the people that I worked with. The job was challenging and fun at times.
I have enjoyed my time spent.
Lead AP (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 11, 2014
Pros: family environment
Cons: company being sold to a competitor.
FCC has giving growth, experience and groomed me into a professional. I have work with CFO's, along with the CEO of the company. I have been assigned to numerous projects that have allowed me to shine and display what I have learned at FCC. I am the sole person responsible for our weekly check run which ranges from 1.5M to 3M from time to time. FCC – more... has made the me the better person, and employee that I am today. – less
if u like route sale u will love this
driver csr (Current Employee), plant city flDecember 12, 2013
Pros: work schedule is great
Cons: have to deal with a lot of competition
U can make between 50 to 60 a year. Monday through Friday.11 payed holidays and 2 weeks vacation. As a commission driver.
Daily Challenges and Problem Solving
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), Wilmington, DENovember 14, 2013
Pros: healthcare, 401k, paid breaks
Cons: unpaid lunches, economy crisis effects current industry
A typical day consist of answering all phone calls and returning messages, including emails. Solve any customer service related issues, create and invoice any outstanding service orders. Coordinate next day jobs with drivers. Review all Accounts Payable invoices to ensure proper billing occurred. I currently work with approximately 10 other people in – more... the office including 2 managers that oversee the facility and outside services. I enjoy working here because it is a 'laid back' atmosphere. No one is micro-managed and everyone does their job accordingly. Everyone assists when and where assistance is needed. – less
Enjoyed waking up in the morning to go t work
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 28, 2013
Pros: received many customer complements over the years of my great work
Cons: management level not falling through
FCC have some great people, but there is always a portion that don't enjoy the work or feel the passion as others in Accounting.
Good place to work with good values
Driver/Operator (Former Employee), Odessa, TXOctober 20, 2013
Always doing something different every day was enjoyable kept things interesting
It was a temp position
Lab Chemist in Petroleum Quality Control (Former Employee), Bayonne, NJSeptember 26, 2013
An unorganized facility with many issues. Did all i could to help out.
Nice company to drive for.
Driver- Picked (Former Employee), Wilmington, DESeptember 5, 2013
Pros: good money.
Cons: long hours.
Good company to work for they care about there workers.Great benefits and bonus.Very long hours driven from place to place.
Poor Place to Work
Branch Financial Administrator (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2013
Poor infrastructure
Ineffective leadership
Not much opportunity for advancement
I have never seen a company this disorganized
Environmental Services Company
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 9, 2013
Good Company,
Good people & Management
Challenging Industry
management does not care about you or anybody else
driver (Former Employee), Plant City, FLJune 4, 2013
This company sucks and don't care about you or your family, all they are worried about is cheating their customer and making money.
Good Working Environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 15, 2013
Good environment, comfortable office setting, family oriented management.
For 5 1/2 years everything was great!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Opelousas, LAJanuary 2, 2013
I loved my job until a year ago when new management came in and hated me. He disliked me from day one. I was the last one in the office for the longest amount of time so him and another co-worker decided to make life miserable for me. I was bullied and talked about. Out of 21 people only 2 did not like me and it costed me my job. I had intended when – more... taking that job in 2006 as a temp and hired on full time in 2007 to make this job be my last job until I retired. Now I am back to square one - looking for a new job. – less
Exciting industry still in its infancy
Plant/Facility Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 19, 2012
the do's and don'ts of waste oil and waste water processing.