FCC Environmental Employee Reviews in United States

Daily Challenges and Problem Solving
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 14, 2013
A typical day consist of answering all phone calls and returning messages, including emails. Solve any customer service related issues, create and invoice any outstanding service orders. Coordinate next day jobs with drivers. Review all Accounts Payable invoices to ensure proper billing occurred. I currently work with approximately 10 other people in the office including 2 managers that oversee the facility and outside services. I enjoy working here because it is a 'laid back' atmosphere. No one is micro-managed and everyone does their job accordingly. Everyone assists when and where assistance is needed.
Pros
healthcare, 401k, paid breaks
Cons
unpaid lunches, economy crisis effects current industry
Sorry to see it go
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2015
FCC was a great company, plenty of room for advancement. It's a shame they were bought out and many good people lost their jobs. Best of luck to everyone who was kept after the merger.
Pros
great compensation, lenient management
Cons
got bought out
Nice company to drive for.
Driver- Picked (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 5, 2013
Good company to work for they care about there workers.Great benefits and bonus.Very long hours driven from place to place.
Pros
good money.
Cons
long hours.
A productive work environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT/HEAD DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 30, 2015
My typical day at work, I always handled the busy phone lines rather I was transferring calls in the office or dispatching and routing calls to drivers. I learned how to manage my time wisely and how to prioritize effectively, My Co-workers were exceptional loved seeing their face in the mornings, there wasn't a day I did not want to be at work, there really wasn't anything hard about doing my job it was just when it was a little slow it could get boring at times I love being kept busy. The atmosphere in the work setting was family oriented that's how it felt, lay back and just knowing if I needed any help with anything it was there.
Pros
healthcare, paid vacation, paid time off
Cons
no roll over vacation time
overview
Account Receivable/Payables Manager (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 2, 2014
There was never a typical day! Lead administrators did all the above from administration to management. Given the fact I did so many things, I learned an immense valuable experience and knowledge of the environmental business. Our corporate management unfortunately led our company into a sale. My personal managers were great. Of course some days you want to run fast! But much like a dysfunctional family, we all came back together when needed. We all serviced our customers with the all we had. The only negative was balancing work load with family. The work load was overwhelming and consuming. But in a strange way, the work load gave you a sense of ownership, if you will; I would say this was sometimes the best part of the job. My position was mine to manage so a sense of accomplishment and ownership was there when a job was done well.

Given the reorganization, I find myself having to look for other employment. I truly hate the fact out team has had to go in different directions. We were a force to be recon with here in our area.
Pros
flexiable
Cons
work load
For 5 1/2 years everything was great!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Opelousas, LAJanuary 2, 2013
I loved my job until a year ago when new management came in and hated me. He disliked me from day one. I was the last one in the office for the longest amount of time so him and another co-worker decided to make life miserable for me. I was bullied and talked about. Out of 21 people only 2 did not like me and it costed me my job. I had intended when taking that job in 2006 as a temp and hired on full time in 2007 to make this job be my last job until I retired. Now I am back to square one - looking for a new job.
I have enjoyed my time spent.
Lead AP (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 11, 2014
FCC has giving growth, experience and groomed me into a professional. I have work with CFO's, along with the CEO of the company. I have been assigned to numerous projects that have allowed me to shine and display what I have learned at FCC. I am the sole person responsible for our weekly check run which ranges from 1.5M to 3M from time to time. FCC has made the me the better person, and employee that I am today.
Pros
family environment
Cons
company being sold to a competitor.
Enjoyed waking up in the morning to go t work
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 28, 2013
FCC have some great people, but there is always a portion that don't enjoy the work or feel the passion as others in Accounting.
Pros
received many customer complements over the years of my great work
Cons
management level not falling through
Poor Place to Work
Branch Financial Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 11, 2013
Poor infrastructure
Ineffective leadership
Not much opportunity for advancement
I have never seen a company this disorganized
if u like route sale u will love this
driver csr (Current Employee) –  plant city flDecember 12, 2013
U can make between 50 to 60 a year. Monday through Friday.11 payed holidays and 2 weeks vacation. As a commission driver.
Pros
work schedule is great
Cons
have to deal with a lot of competition
was a nice place to work till 2012
csr driver (Former Employee) –  plant city flApril 10, 2014
Worked here for 13 years till they wanted me to start stealing from customers to profit there pockets and I don't believe in that it is just wrong
Pros
good money
Cons
management sucks
Environmental Services Company
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 9, 2013
Good Company,
Good people & Management
Challenging Industry
Good Working Environment
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 15, 2013
Good environment, comfortable office setting, family oriented management.
working alone
Operator (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Unloading trucks, treating tanks with different chemical, the hardest of the job is dealing with bad weather.
it was a great place to work
driver (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAOctober 8, 2014
I loved working w/ mgr and the employees. it was like working with family. the hardest part was trying to get to all my routes I was the only water driver.
Internship
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 20, 2014
Really helped me understand and apply my knowledge to the real world situations.
good company
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 23, 2014
went out of business company was good learned a lot people were nice...
management does not care about you or anybody else
driver (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLJune 4, 2013
This company sucks and don't care about you or your family, all they are worried about is cheating their customer and making money.
Excellent work environment and good pay
Oil Collection and Parts Cleaner Technician (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 28, 2014
FCC Environmental is an excellent company for which to work. The training could have been more extensive but the on-the-job-training mistakes were dealt with in a professional manner.

I would report to work in the morning and clock in on the computer. A changing room was provided for putting on the company provided uniforms and boots. The boots were provided through a stipend of $125.00. I would pick up the days stops and go to the truck and perform the pre-trip inspection. I would then load the truck with any additional solvent needed and depart for the day.

When arriving at the stops I would lower the lift ramp, open the back of the truck, ride up and remove the items needed such as the solvent and cleaning rags. At each stop I would talk to the owner/manager of the shop and if no service was needed I would pack up and leave.

If service was needed I would clean the inside and outside of the "sink" of the parts cleaner with the old solvent and when complete I would change the solvent and run the pump to ensure it was in good working order. I would then clean up any mess left behind, pack up all equipment, have the paperwork signed, and depart.

Upon completion of the days activities out of the shop I would return to the shop, remove the empty drums as well as any drums which contained old used solvent. I would look at the paperwork for the next day and reload any drums needed to accomplish the next days' work.

I learned a great deal about the oil collection business. Our management was professional and very good at getting new business. My co-workers were always helpful
  more... and had a positive attitude towards the job. The hardest part of the job was dealing with uncooperative customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was my fellow employees and the assistance we all provided to each other.  less
Pros
ability to work independently
Cons
work in the heat.
It was a temp position
Lab Chemist in Petroleum Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJSeptember 26, 2013
An unorganized facility with many issues. Did all i could to help out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FCC Environmental. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9