fcc Employee Reviews

Run
Career Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLJune 7, 2016
This place is a revolving door. Do yourself a favor and stay away. Company was bought out by International Education Corporation. People are put in roles that they are not qualified for. Your over worked and told in so many words be happy you have a job.
Pros
Helping the students
Cons
management, unrealistic expectations, don't care about employees
Great
Lathe Operator (Former Employee) –  Berne, INJuly 5, 2016
Great people, great benefits, great company. Factory environment many supervisors concerned with safety but some can take harassing over the top.
working there was very demanding
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Berne, INApril 22, 2016
lots of overtime and very high expectations with little support or assistance. production associates were the first to blame for any issues
Pros
good pay
Cons
lots of overtime and stress
Fcc
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, INMarch 12, 2016
Start early. Work with coworker to get the job done. Work with others accomplish the job. Enjoyed working with others. Heavy parts. Working with others.
Pros
Hardworker
Production
Associate Staffing (Former Employee) –  Laurel Hill, NCDecember 13, 2015
FCC is a plant where you inspect and identify bad parts. We dealt with Ford and Honda clutch parts. I learned how to communicate with others better and how to go to work make my money and go home.
Pros
Great supervision
Cons
Limited team leaders
Machine Operator
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCOctober 8, 2015
It was good working there,but it was just a temp job. They paid very well and gave good hours. It just wasn't a way to get hired full time due to just hiring for short time job assignments.
Managing and inspecting car parts.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Laurel Hill, NCAugust 10, 2015
On a night to night bases I would have my own desk and would have different car parts to inspect. It wasn't a hard job more but the job was very productive and my co workers and I helped each other.
Pros
Sat down job
Cons
short breaks
Exciting and Busy days
Child Care (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 16, 2015
There was always something to be fun or some fun to be had. We had a daily schedule to follow, however we always did different activities. The hardest part of this job was keeping six children on task and listening and following directions. The most enjoyable part of this job was seeing the children learn, interact with one another, and trying new things.
A place in which one without college degree can get ahead
Lead Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLFebruary 8, 2014
If I did not have other goals in mind, FCC would be a wonderful place to work. I enjoyed helping students who would otherwise not have had the ambition or insight to educate themselves, and because I helped them visualize life after an education, their lives and that of their families will be better. Knowing I had something to do with their future made me feel like I was making a positive difference in this world.
Pros
dealing with education
Cons
cold calling
Helping military families is so rewarding.
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wainwright, AKJanuary 9, 2014
Greet parents, kids comfortable get ready for breakfast then activities. Children help set table for lunch after lunch read book and nap. Three comes around and time for snack then outside play. Getting attach to the children and the family. Hardest part of job is no extra help. Enjoyable part is being home with my kids as well as working from home.
Pros
Working from home and raising my own children as well as others.
Cons
N/A
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Laurinburg, NCMay 15, 2014
• Ensure operation of all equipment and maintain safety for same and evaluate all work and maintain accuracy for same.
• Assist to clean up facility for all production lines clean up and perform all sanitation for warehouse activities.
• Monitor all shape blocks and assist to clean out all dies.
• Collaborate with production department procedures according to instruction book and maintain an efficient continuous improvement.
Casual and laid back atmosphere. Friendly co-workers.
Coordinator Sales & Cost Planner (Former Employee) –  Portland, INAugust 17, 2012
FCC is an enjoyable place to work. Has good work hours and employee benefits. Co-workers are all very busy but helpful when you have questions or need help. Hardest part of job was upper management was Japanese and there was often a language barrier. The job was most enjoyable when working with other co-workers on projects.
Pros
cheap insurance
Cons
30 minute lunches
I would not rate this company very high due to the fact of management.
Quality Control Eng. / Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Berne, INAugust 27, 2014
I work in the Quality department. I am currently a Quality Engineer at this facility. I am looking for a company that I can use my qualifications and skills to advance myself and the company. The job I am doing now is what I like to do, but the pay is the down fall. I am doing this job for half of what I should be paid.
Job security due to high production volumes
Team Leader - Ford Lines (Current Employee) –  Laurel Hill, NCJune 25, 2013
Very productive place to work. More business than fun. Company has potenial to be a whole lot better company than it is. Sr. management are Japenese, so there is a communication gap. Production volumes are very high, so a lot of overtime required to meet production amounts. Seven day work weeks are not unusual.
Pros
Health care and bonus
Cons
Not many days off
Steady work
Sandblaster (Current Employee) –  Laurel Hill, NCJanuary 4, 2015
Steady work enviroment, learned a new skill (sandblasting), management could take more suggestions from actual laborers, got along great with co-workers, hardest part of job was making sure the parts were exactly as they needed to be, and the best part of my job was the teamwork from other associates
Pros
healthcare
Cons
breaks too short
Productive and employee friendly company
Senior Collector CA, GA & NY Regions (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 14, 2013
The collections department is not very large here which is nice since it's more like a family type of environment. The manager is very professional and conscious of family matters that may arise. ALmost no turn over rate as everyone has been with the company for years.
Pros
no micromanaging
Cons
no room for growth
Great Job, Horrible Management and HR
Quality Control Associate (Current Employee) –  Portland, INFebruary 10, 2015
Work and job requirements are easy to obtain and manage, management and HR are horrible across the board. Hardest part is working with the companies politics, but the easiest part is by far the people and the job.
Good/Fair PLACE TO WORK
ASSISTANT MANAGER/HUMAN RESOURCES (Current Employee) –  Portland, INMay 14, 2014
There is never a typical day,
Love my co-workers, we get along well and work well as a team
Trying to get management on board
Getting to know associates and making peoples day when ican
Pros
GOOD INSURANCE/2-SHUTDOWNS THRU YEAR/TREAT YOU WITH RESPECT
Cons
THE BUDDY SYSTEM
Good Jobs
Parts Inspector/Parts Feeder (Former Employee) –  Laurel Hill, NCSeptember 13, 2014
I really enjoyed every job I ever had, I always got along with my employees, and I always was a hard worker, On time and eager to learn new things. My typical day was getting the job done
Pros
Enjoyed learning new things
Cons
I have no Cons
Very Busy and had a great crew of people in 2nd shift assembly dept.
Group Leader in Assembly (Former Employee) –  Berne, INApril 28, 2014
Shift mtg. with team leader, assign every associate a position, which rotated every 2 hrs. I was responsible for clutch cylinders pulled off line for suspect reasons. I helped associates trouble shoot their machines. I was responsible for handling all quality issues and communicating with the Shift Manager on any issues that arise. I filled out production reports at the end of every shift. I was responsible for keeping production flowing. This was my first experience at an automotive plant so I learned a lot. We had a very helpful Management crew. I was very proud of my crew in assembly. They helped each other and they all got along very well. The hardest part was when the machines wanted to all have issues at the same time. The most enjoyable part of my job was the people that I worked without the whole plant. It was a very busy plant but the associates made the nights enjoyable.
Pros
Plant dinners and outside group activities.
Cons
Alot of overtime.