FCCI Insurance Employee Reviews

friendly co-workers, clean quiet office setting
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 23, 2017
I learned many office skills. my typical day was data entry and filing . The hardest part was after I moved to the mailroom dept there was heavy lifting.
Pros
clean office setting
Cons
1 hour from home one way
Several things offered
Underwriting Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 4, 2017
FCCI is a good company to work for, but lately the work/life balance has not been taken away. FCCI, use to let there employees work at home but have since taken this away except for when the office is closed due to weather. Management always preached Family first, but lately that has not been backed by management.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Not true flex time
Excellent Work culture
Business Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Florida sarasotaJuly 4, 2017
FCCI is very good company. I have started as an intern in this company and can say that why people stay here for years. They have a very healthy environment.
Very good company, good management.
Senior Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJune 17, 2017
I worked there 19 years, very well organized, good management. I worked outside claims, traveling in a five state area, company was good a giving raises and providing job training and education.
I learned a lot about general liability and commercial auto Insurance. The company gave you a lot of freedom in doing your job.
Pros
Good employer, good beneits.
Cons
Company changed after an ESOP buyout in 2000.
This is the one you will regret
Still wondering what department I was in (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAMay 3, 2017
RETALIATION IS RAMPANT

VERY disorganized and ran like a personal lines non-standard TPA.

Managers and Supervisors are a JOKE, disrespectful, inappropriate loud conversations from certain managers are common

They have unrealistic expectations for employees hard work is not appreciated instead you are ridiculed, and made to feel inferior. Too much work to handle properly.

Far too many chiefs

Very Very Very Stressful environment

HR SUCKS!

Plan on being set up for failure if you work here.
Pros
Benefits, CE Classes, Group Outings
Cons
Too many to count
Just a Job
Certificate of Insurance Rep, Expense report (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 15, 2017
I went through 3 departments and the very 1st one was the worst one. We had to issue Certificates of Insurance to different companies. I found that they treated certain workers different from others, at least in that department. I has been many many years since I worked there hopefully it has changed.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
Ok pay
Unprofessional
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 7, 2017
Management is weak and indecisive. Personally have heard upper management talk disparingly about employees appearance, etc.
Upper management cares only about their bonuses and will not support others and cannot be trusted. Although pretend to care about the independent agents, they will be going by the wayside.
Pros
Employee, not management, culture, fitness center, compensation.
Cons
Director level and above management. Deceptive, weak, and only cares about themselves.
Great Family Culture
Medical Management Manager (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 3, 2016
Great place to work. Learned to only the business side but also the technical side by assisting and assisting in the management of system implementations, upgrades.
Pros
Great Beneifts, Culture and People
Outstanding Organization
Supervisor Risk Control (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 10, 2016
A dynamic and passionate organization where everyone from the CEO to the intern are collaborating and pursuing a shared vision. I've worked for other insurance companies and none compare to the authenticity and culture of FCCI. Each one of us is a name and brings value to the cause.
Pros
Culture, Communication, Empowerment
Excellent Company to Work For....
Senior Network Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GaAugust 28, 2015
Management is great from the CEO down to the supervisor. They are very approachable and listen to concerns with an active ear.

I've learned many things to enhance my IT career. Some of that is SQL Programming, EasyVista SD Ticketing System, remote system access, assisting facilities, becoming CPR qualified for first responders and many, many more.
Pros
Yearly Bonus, Christmas Parties, Management, Employees, Culture.
Cons
None in my book.
Good People
Business Development & Strategic Initiatives (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 12, 2015
There are good people at FCCI. I have learned a good deal regarding how a regional carrier operates. The co-workers are wonderful people who really look out for each other.
Good job to work for but not much room to grow.
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sarasota,FLMay 23, 2015
The people I worked with were wonderfil. The managers were not very good. Horrible feedback. A lot of stress with job. Always expecting more than you accomplish in a day. The phiones were the hardest part.
Pros
Benefits, Christmas party, Halloween lunch, great people
Cons
Always expecting more. No move up
Laid back work environment
Associate Attorney (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMarch 2, 2015
The company has a laid back environment. Great place to work if you are looking for a comfortable and stable career. In some departments there is little opportunity for advancement.
Strange work environment
claims (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 28, 2014
Nepotism rampant. No team cooperation. Poor leadership. Gossip and mocking others. No sincerity. Unsociable personalities.
Enjoyed working at FCCI - very nice place to be employed.
Underwriting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 6, 2014
All employees were treated with respect. Wonderful co-workers. A very large corporate business with the CEO being there. He took time to meet with all new employees in his office.
Very nice, large commercial insurance company
IS Intern (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 3, 2014
FCCI is a nice company to work for....I was an intern there, so was not hired on full time.
Pros
paid intern, great management
Cons
would not hire me on after 2 successive internships
Super company
Workers Compensation Claims Technical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 4, 2013
This is a great company with super benefits and growth opportunity. Would highly recommend.
Pros
Employee gym, employee cafe, flexible hours
Very Busy Company to work for
RATER/CODER (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2013
Very Busy, learned a lot about other lines of the Insurance Industry, such as Transportation Insurance. Co-workers were very helpful. Managers were very generous and allow a lot of overtime work. The overtime hour help in keeping current and meeting company deadline and goals.
Pros
this company was wonderful
Excellent management staff; great benefits
Underwriting Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAOctober 18, 2012
-Responsible for managing and coordinating all activities supporting the underwriting process for the company’s commercial lines of business
-I was expose to learning how to be a leader; develop a good understanding of people and how to motivate; all areas of management and billing, etc
-My initial management staff was the best I had work for...created nothing but succes
-the environment was great to be apart of
-enjoyed training individuals sharing the knowledge I acquired there
Pros
great benefils package

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FCCI Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6