FCi Federal Employee Reviews

Busy
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2017
This is not a paper pushing job. You will actually have to do work. Great entry level position. Becomes easier with time because of repetitiveness.
It is horrible.
GC1 (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOFebruary 10, 2017
This company has made us work 6 days a week. When I first started we were told there would be occasional overtime. Not anymore they have made every saturday mandatory because they don't know how to manage the work load. I recently talked to HR and they told me that this job was a 6 days a week job. There are no raises, and the higher ups don't care about you. They have done nothing to benefit me. I have seen so many coworkers leave, even I am currently looking for a different job. Do not work here unless you want to be miserable. The only positive thing about where I work are my coworkers.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, overtime, attendance policy, pay
Decent pay for the area, not valued
Government Contractor (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJanuary 18, 2017
Decent pay for the area. Flexibility is nice. Peers both federal employees and contractors are typically great. Processes constantly changing, not fault of customer or contractor, but frustrating at times.

Contract management does not foster a supportive environment without a personal relationship. One of the PM's is gone more than there and doesn't know the job anyway to understand to be able to support the employees.

Raises are there, but much less than other businesses in many cases.

If you're not ambitious and don't mind feeling like you don't matter, go for it.
If you want growth and a feeling of accomplishment, save yourself some heartburn.

Turnover rate is extremely high for a reason.
Pros
Some flexibility in scheduling. Short commute for locals.
Cons
Management could use proper training and some compassion.
A great place to work!
Temp General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAJanuary 13, 2017
Very simple work. You sort mail and move boxes with people that are eager to help you. Friendly people to build teamwork with. Government benefits, holidays, and chances for advancement in the company.
Pros
Tasks are straightforward and simple, one hour lunch and two 15 minute breaks to make sure you are adequately ready for labor
Cons
Can be physically demanding, steel toe shoes can be expensive, and other equipment as needed (back braces, etc.)
Productive and Fun Place to Work in
Contactor/General Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 20, 2016
FCI Federal is a great place to work. However, there is no chance at moving to a new position. The Environment is very friendly and organized. My supervisors are very helpful and patient, however I currently posses a maters degree and will like to take my skills to the next level.
Pros
Friendly enviorment
Cons
short breaks, working the day after holidays
Lots of production
GC-1 (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MODecember 18, 2016
Lots of production, files coming in and going out to different FCO,s. Five year contract's, no Union. Great hours. Great employment for retired individuals and college students.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
No comment
I always met the quoter
Recycling Sorter (Former Employee) –  Millville, NJDecember 15, 2016
It was a hard job but I liked it I enjoyed it I got the job done everybody got along the staff was very respectful it was always over time we all got along
Fun outgoing diverse work place
Data Entry II (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CADecember 13, 2016
Easy work place ive learned alot in years I been there. Management are nice helpful team.
My co-workers are nice some nicer than others. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to be at my desk not feeling stressed out of work.
Has serious flaws
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 8, 2016
Needs to be MUCH more accommodating of people with special needs/disabilities/learning differences, and needs to be much less rigid with time/work hours. Should care MUCH more about their employees, rather than just focusing on getting results. Should be more patient and accommodating and make people with disabilites feel more secure, rather than just firing them without any real warning, particularly when they see the employee is doing their best, while struggling with a medical problem.
Pros
No demads for overtime work (generally), health benefits/401k
Cons
UNSUPPORTIVE to people with disabilities, rigid work hours, very short lunch break
I would not recommend to anyone.
General Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 11, 2016
One of the worst places I ever worked. The pay was very poor with no chance of getting a raise. They piled on more and more work with less people and they still expected perfection. We were treated like slaves. Morale was very poor because of this.

Management would ask for ways to make things better but they would never listen to your suggestions. It was their way or no way.

I feel sorry for those still working there.
Cons
We would get a life saver or a lollipop for our hard work. Hardly worth the effort we put in.
great learning environment
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 8, 2016
It gave me a great introduction to customer service and taught me leadership, people management, records operations. The hardest part was the contracting part; although secure, was stressful when it was time for contracting rebid.
High School Mentality
Senior Quality Control Training Specialist, QCTS (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHNovember 6, 2016
The leadership team makes more promises than they keep; a production based environment that is truly based on quantity rather than quality. Coworkers are out to get one another; just like high school.
Pros
Early hours
Work provided doesnt match pay
General Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 28, 2016
You definitely gain a lot of knowledge working hand in hand with homeland security but the amount of work you provide is under appreciated and under paid.
Typical Day At FCI Federal
Mail Clerk/Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAOctober 5, 2016
Its a fast paced environment where you have to pay attention to detail. One typo or error could effect someone's chances to become a US Citizen and could make wait time years from applying.
Pros
Free Lunch once a month
Cons
Health Care
Pay and Benefits
General Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 6, 2016
Pay is decent especially with health and wellness addition that covers full health insurance premium. Lots to learn with emphasis on quality work. Like manufacturing job except data. Left for Federal position at about same pay but have to pay health insurance. Interesting, rewarding work. Sit for most jobs. Scheduled breaks and lunch time.
Federal Plumbing Apprentice
Plumber Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 24, 2016
I have experience in Plumbing and pipe fitting through an Apprenticeship offered by the Bureau of Prisons, I have 2000+ hours towards my journeymen's license and have done installations of Emergency fire sprinkler systems as well as appliances.
Pros
Learned a lot about plumbing and Maintenace
Cons
Wasn't able to finish due to a transfer to a facility that didn't offer the program
Work like a slave to get treated and paid like one
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHAugust 24, 2016
A typical day for me, was getting to work unhappy. The mood automatically makes you feel trapped and gloomy. I sit on the phones, call after call, with little to no supervisor assistance if I don't know the answer. Management has no set system after 13 years on how to train employees. Everyone here has different answers to questions, not one person can say the same thing. Hard to assist customers when no one knows the answer. I love my co-workers, they are the only thing that get me through the day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the fact no matter how hard you try, you will never get noticed for it. There is NO room for growth. There's no pay raise, no bonus's. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving to go home.
Pros
Vision, Dental, Health Insurance
Cons
Pay for your own sick time, no pay raise, treated like a number, unprofessional
Awful
Telephone Inquiry, WC (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHAugust 18, 2016
This place is a joke. There is no room for growth whatsoever. You will never receive a raise so this is a good temporary job if you don't care about having a career. You get health and welfare benefits and paid holidays which is the only pro. The management is extremely self absorbed, they do not care about you, just numbers, and will push and push you until you just want to quit. I would never recommend this place to anyone. They micromanage your every move. The hiring process is also very long! There was no enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
Health and welfare benefits, paid holidays
Cons
No room for growth, poor management, micromanaged, doesn't care about employees just numbers
Not a good job
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York County, NYJuly 3, 2016
Worst company I ever worked for. They work employees real hard. Makes outrageous demands. No personal days given, you have to use your vacation time to take care of personal business. No raises and cost of living is rising. All we do is prepare and pack heavy boxes of files usually dusty and filthy. Contracted work, Get treated like we don't belong. Cheap Benefits.
Pros
Pleasant Co- workers
Cons
Job discription is not as is. They place you where they want to, not what you applied for
Federal entry level job
Research Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 15, 2016
Good foot in the door for government work. Working as a contractor in support or the government, the government will expect higher work metrics from you vs. one of there own.
Pros
Good foot in the door
Cons
Your job satisfaction is controled on the leadership of the client, not your company's leaders

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FCi Federal. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8