FCi Federal

FCi Federal Employer Reviews

company main focus is productivity
Assistant Site Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2014
worked side by side with the customer
provided techinical support to immigration process
Approach with caution...better yet--avoid
office worker (Former Employee), virginiaMarch 7, 2014
Pros: building locations
Cons: everything else
FCi Federal has contracts to do the lower-level work of the agency, preparing certificates, updating call-center scripts, etc. However, the hugest part of the organization is that (1) the headquarters has no idea about the job being done at its contract locations (2) the employees have no contact with the agency other than being located in the agency's – more... building, (3) leading to an potentially abusive environment because the project manager has the only contact which supports a kiss up to contract customers and kick down contract FCi Fed. staff. The economy is tough for sure, but human dignity has value as well. Avoid FCi Federal. – less
Disrespectful and Unprofessional.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Saint Albans, VTFebruary 22, 2014
This job was ok at the beginning but as time went on things got worse i found out that all the supervisors were buddy buddy with certain clerks and made it hard for anyone to get any work done let alone focus. Loud and disruptive constantly.
Busy work environment
General Office Worker (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 9, 2014
I wok in a secured environment dealing with confidential information of the applicants.
very poor
Data Entry Clerk, Data Entry Keyers (Former Employee), San FranciscoJanuary 28, 2014
Cons: poor management
I spent 2 years with this outfit, head quarters has never physically come out to visit the site, to see and hear complaints from their employees. They only hear and listen to the On site managers. Who also do a very, very poor job in responding to the needs and complaints in their sections. They allow their supervisors to be very abusive to their employees. – more... It was God sent that the Government , shut down the project. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for this company, even if i didn't like the person. – less

18fv9tjmib84gcqs – February 4, 2014

Head quarters is more worried about their bottom line(keeping the contracts, and don't care about the employees). Their management favor others, the complaints fall on deaf ears, abusive supervisor are never reprimanded.

Not a great place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: co-workers were great
Cons: everything
Where do I begin, Extreme playing of favorites, management as smart as a box of rocks, certain employees to this day still don't have the necessary resources to do the work, if you are not of certain ethnicity you're looked at different, extreme micro managing, How do you have an employee who on another contract have altercations with everyone in the – more... department and hit someone, and management believes everything she says, keep a job? Certain government employees pulling on contractor's hair, nothing was done, no advancement what so ever, and other things that would just make you sick, Stay away from FCI Federal, if you value your health and well being – less
Positive feedback
General Office Worker (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJanuary 1, 2014
FCi Federal is a great company that provide great services.
File Clerk
Temp. File Clerk (Former Employee), Saint Albans, VTDecember 16, 2013
Loved it. Was only a temp. job which was unfortunate. Kept me busy and was just challenging enough.
Run!
contract worker (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYNovember 10, 2013
Pros: off on the weekends its a job
Cons: everthing else
I don't want to sugar coat anything but this place is not for adults they speak to you like your there child. The work is always rushed which causes errors that will cost the entire company money they call it a PIR this come from the government. They come around an do " surveillance" there looking for errors. Your not allowed to speak to government – more... employees. You must follow chain of command supervisor they will speak to management they will speak to the government.. If you do speak to the government you must say "as per whom ever"
It just a horrible contract over worked and underpaid. Now lets get into the end of the day you must remember everything you did to place in the Foss system that must equal eight hours if you input the wrong info off with your head. Oh let me not forget if your a smoker your not allowed to go outside for your two 15 min breaks that you must clock out for .
The work load is not shared some people are over loaded while others walk around. These are management pets and eyes.I believe every job has one you try to not to let it bother you but sometimes your overwhelmed.
Lots of lifting boxes there heavy lifting over your head
I wish you the best working there.
Most of the staff are friendly – less
Contract for government
Records Management Specialist (Current Employee), Martinsburg, WVNovember 6, 2013
I'd rather not disclose a review on this company. I have worked with FCi for 2.5 years, and have enjoyed my coworkers. The contract world is hard to survive in with rebiddings, cuts, and furloughs.
Enjoyed working with my co-workers
PMO Data Analyst (Former Employee), Leesburg, VASeptember 5, 2013
Pros: very nice people to work with
Cons: benefits and communication gaps, and a freeze on raises for over two years
A typical day at work was collecting and creating metrics using aging reports to create pareto charts to show Quality Assurance and Individual Performances on over 14 contracts. In addition, I created supervisor score cards for two other contracts for Quality Assurance and assisted Human Resources as needed.

I learned how to create pareto charts in – more... excel to show the story of the trending data and metrics.

Really enjoyed my co-workers, they were all very supportive. – less
General Office worker
Government Office Worker (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHAugust 21, 2013
Pros: healthcare
Cons: nothing to say
Good company to work for. Can't say much more. You will have to work for the company to have your own experiences.
Fufilling job which provides a service to immigrants.
Quality Manager-USCIS FOSS Contract (DHS) (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 18, 2013
Cons: not much room for advancement.
This is a federal contract position for the US Immigration and Naturalization Services. Job security is not the greatest if you are in upper management. I loved woriking with quality and process improvements. There is a diversified group of co-workers who perform the clerical work.
Incompetent supervisor, horrible management
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAAugust 9, 2013
Pros: loved my co-workers, wonderful people
Cons: awful & incompetent management!!!
This review pertains to the "special project" which FCi Federal no longer holds there. Management will cover up for their incompetence and put the blame on you. Worked on a project run by a newly appointed supervisor who had the worst attitude that you shiver at the thought of asking her for help in fear that she'll bite your head off. Complaints that – more... were made to the Site Manager, Assistant Site Manager and even the Western Region Manager, ranging from the supervisor's awful attitude and lack of supervisory skills to inadequate training and lack of communication were ignored hence the unsuccessfulness of the project and it eventually being sent elsewhere. Several weeks before being laid-off, some of us were subjected to several weeks of being expected to stare at our computer monitors all day and read our SOP while the supervisor's favorites (those who didn't complain) were given work to do. If you were doing anything other than reading or at least pretend to read the same document each and every day, you would be written up. When asked why some were given work and others weren't, the supervisor said those that were given work had special access but that was a big fat lie because our co-workers who had work said that what they were doing didn't require any special access. Upper management always pretended to not know how we were being treated. On the Monday we were laid-off, we were informed that the previous Friday had been our last day and that we wouldn't be getting paid for showing up to work that morning. Uh okay, so we woke up early, most of us commuting more than an hour to come to work and now we have to sit here and fill out our exit paperwork and you're not going to pay us for showing up? How inconsiderate of them considering those who had to find alternate transportation due to the BART strike that day and those who purchased their monthly transportation pass for the month being that it was the beginning of the month. Our paychecks were handed to us by one of the project supervisors at the entrance/exit doors to the building in front of everyone. How humiliating!

Management doesn't even deserve a single star in the ratings box. – less
FCI does not take time to address the issues of its employees. Lack of connection with the employees would definitely cause a problem for FCI.
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 26, 2013
Pros: salary
Cons: no training, favoritism, termination at will.
Clock in and out twice each time per day on the time clock and computer (10 times per day) and a mad dash for quantity and quality, mostly quantity.

I have learned that whatever you do, give it your all and be proud no matter what situation you're faced with.

Management has no management skills.

Each and everyone of my co-workers are looking for – more... employment elsewhere because they are extremely miserable at this workplace.

The hardest part of the job is to experience the bulling and intimidation by local management. Upper management has no idea on how the employees are been treated and the stress they face each and everyday. Employees are warned by local management not to talk to upper management when they make site visits.

Most enjoyable part of the job is at the end of my shift. – less
Productive place to work. Except no career opportunity.
General Office Clerk (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 12, 2013
Pros: set schedule (mon-fri)
Cons: at will position, contract, no raises.
Receiving, managing, cleaning, rotating, every files, assist with naturalization ceremony. Assist with officers, records clerk, data entry clerk on a daily basis. Schedule cases for interviews. I learned to be more organized and multi task.
CAP Temp work
Temp File Clerk (Former Employee), Saint Albans, VTJune 11, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: mandated overtime
As a temp the training is scattered but thorough. I learned everything from pulling files to entry data. The management is educated and passionate. A very diverse group of co-workers which made it fun. The hardest part of the job were the hours and mandated overtime during the big projects. I loved the people that I worked with.
DHS Contractor
Assistant Site Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: loads of room for advancement
Cons: no job security
As a DHS Contractor, your contract for employment lasts for about (5) years at which point the company re-bids for the contract. If the conpany doesn't win the "bid" many times units are down sized.
Co-workers are great, management indecisive and employees have 0 security in their positions.
HR Specialist (Current Employee), Leesburg, VirginiaFebruary 15, 2013
Pros: bonus given, good about needing time off for family in non management positions, great co workers, conveniently located in leesburg.
Cons: micro managed now, job insecurity, no advancement or training. very hard to get the tools for the job, and favoritism.
Co-workers are great to work with, Undergoing Management changes, which have caused major problems. Totally different style of managing now taking place. Owner used to be more involved and friendly, aware of everyone's accomplishments. The Management now is very unfriendly, micro manages and likes to instill fear into everyone. The hardest part of the – more... job is getting to know the ins and outs of the Company. Departments don't share job information. One individual controls the purse strings you find it hard to get the necessary tools to complete assigned tasks. Mostly Self training, New Management unaware of job duties or details of positions. Used to be friendly environment to work in, now very intense place to work with many workers resorting to back stabbing to gain a sense of security with their positions, Only upper Management participates in the meetings and no information is given to Non Management Employees including the Vision for the Company, which used to be very clear, Definitely not a great place for job security, training or advancements. If you are in Management you get paid well,expect to work overtime and not spend much time with Family. Non Management expect to be treated poorly , work long hours and for hourly workers offers no overtime, poor communication, no job security. The most enjoyable part of the job is how busy you are time flies and the co workers . Used to be the friendliness of the owner and feeling apart of the Company, which no longer exists. Location is great, plentiful parking and nice offices. – less

Hanatasha – February 20, 2013

How long did the hiring process take? How long did the background check take? How did the hiring process go after the interview? Thank you so much I would appreciate it.

sherrilu – May 25, 2013

How long ? forever! I've worked other federal contracts and started work right away. in fact the Federal (not fci) investigator was surprised & confused that I hadn't started working yet and we did the interview in a car outside of Starbucks and not at the work site. Apparently (according to the investigator) people start working conditionally until they pass the interview. FCI is great otherwise!!! four starts!!! I worked many Gov contracts and most don't pay benefits.....,vacation...., sick pay...,

Great place to work.
Lead Mail Clerk (Current Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 13, 2013
Its a great place to work and learn how the government works.