FCi Federal Employee Reviews in United States

Can be good depending on where you are placed to work
Office worker (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg WVOctober 22, 2015
This is a glorified temp agency that does not care about their employees. You are placed at a govt facility and left to fend for yourself with no support from FCI. The only concern FCI has I'd with the contract and whether it gets renewed. You will for forfeit your vacation hours (so fci still gets paid) if the facility closes for weather depending on the contract, there are NO raises until the F.A.R. increases the rate for your job title, which is never.

Some contracts are better than others, but in the end you will still be a contractor which to govt staff can be the equivalent of trash.

The one positive is that they are one of the few contractors still offering pto to employees, many contractors are not giving new hires paid time off (vac/sick) except holidays. Applicant beware.
Pros
There aren't many, depends on what type of contract
Cons
Hourly rate, environment, mgmt support
Good place to keep your head down and earn a paycheck
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth NHAugust 31, 2015
I did not enjoy working at this company. We have been in mandatory overtime for over a year. Coworkers were fine. Management was ok but over-worked and underpaid. No such things as raises.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
mandatory OT, new rules and regulations every week, no raises, low pay, aggressively anti-union
Poor management on both shifts, including OM and HC.
GC1 (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYApril 28, 2016
Rules and regulations tend to change based on the person in question. Favorites are given slack and rewarded for poor work. Hard workers are punished. Employees are unable to make any progress about concerns they have. FCi claims you can voice your concerns and things remain confidential and professional, but that's all a joke. Managers and those above them are all too close and will attack employees who voice honest concerns. Moving up slightly is possible, but the requirements don't seem to matter. If they don't like one person, they will say he/she doesn't meet qualifications, but if they favor another one they will coach him/her on how to move up, then interview him/her and promote said person even though this person isn't qualified. Meeting qualifications is a joke. A highly qualified person will not be promoted, but a "favorite" will be. FCi also uses the phrase, "Quality at the source," which is also a joke. Quality is only taken seriously in order to punish a person that isn't well-liked.
Pros
Vacation, sick time, paid holidays.
Cons
Everything else.
Productive and comfortable work place
Data Entry/File Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTJuly 15, 2015
My experience with FCI was enjoyable. I learned a lot and worked with an amazing group of people. Management was easy to get a long with and always there for the staff. Benefits were good and pay was well. Only problem is that the pay differs greatly by state you work in. There was often job posting for advancement or new positions to try.
Pros
pay, benefits, advancement
Cons
Pay difference by states, required overtime part of year
Not a good job
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York County, NYJuly 3, 2016
Worst company I ever worked for. They work employees real hard. Makes outrageous demands. No personal days given, you have to use your vacation time to take care of personal business. No raises and cost of living is rising. All we do is prepare and pack heavy boxes of files usually dusty and filthy. Contracted work, Get treated like we don't belong. Cheap Benefits.
Pros
Pleasant Co- workers
Cons
Job discription is not as is. They place you where they want to, not what you applied for
acceptable
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2015
A typical workday is from 7:30am - 4pm. I aquired skills that I can use in the future. Managment is lacking stability, integrity and very rarely acknowledges it's employees. I have met some great people working here, friends for life.
Pros
salary, location
Cons
benefits, management
Mindnumbingly boring
General Clerk (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 22, 2016
FCI is a cheap joke. HR is generally unhelpful & my experience with management has been very frustrating, as they do not respond thoroughly or quickly. The hiring process takes months, including internal transfers. Opportunities for career advancement is slim & management is unwilling to help further employees skill set.
Pros
10 paid holidays, decent wages, health & wellness benefits.
Cons
Unfulfilling work, bad hours, few advancement opportunities.
Poor Management
General Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAMay 9, 2016
This company is simply careless about their employees. The management only show up when they needed to "motivate" their employees to work hard in order to meet their numbers and then go missing when the job is done. When the CEO claims to make millions of dollars, all they "reward" their employees is juice and cookies.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Limited room for advancement
Federal entry level job
Research Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAJune 15, 2016
Good foot in the door for government work. Working as a contractor in support or the government, the government will expect higher work metrics from you vs. one of there own.
Pros
Good foot in the door
Cons
Your job satisfaction is controled on the leadership of the client, not your company's leaders
Should have looked elsewhere
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 6, 2016
Job was pulled because of money wasted my time and money
applying waited when openings were available did not receive
reply from company reading all the negative reviews maybe it was
a blessing. Its only a temp job .
Pros
Cons
waste of time
Immature work environment
Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2016
Immature, childish old women who love to gossip and will not show any interest in helping newcomers learn. No formal training, expected to learn on your own, then complain when you make mistakes.
Needs New Management
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 11, 2015
They are very negative and you never get raises or promotions. They don't even have people to train management so entry level trains them. The benefits are ludicrous. They don't even treat you like your human. Its a very hostile environment.
co workers very deceptive
general office worker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 2, 2015
government employees were great. contractor and employees were deciptive and hard to work with.

working with the military was great. then they split my duties with another worker.

they had us doing mailroom duties which made my other duties suffer.

had to train new employee in my area of expertise when the government was very happy with my work.
Pros
nice government workers
Cons
contract work. worked without contract for over a year
Challenging
Mailroom / Fileroom clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2015
It;s kind of a organized ,fast pasted, team player kind of job .There are a variety of task to be completed, some at a timely manner.
depending upon the unit working at.. The people there are very polite and friendly.at all times. This job is challenging and ,productive . it"s a stable job, but there's no real room for advancement .
Pros
free breakfast, and luncheons occassionally
Cons
short breaks, poor health care
Avoid
Employee (Current Employee) –  VAMay 22, 2015
No raises. No room for advancement unless you're friends with the right people. Let people go without cause. Just very shady from the top down. Do not expect to be treated well here, despite the trinkets they pass out emblazoned with their logos.
Pros
Cons
Terrible leave policy, no raises, no room for advancement
I enjoyed working at FCi as the work was fast-paced and had various goals to accomplish large amounts of intake forms.
General clerk position/mail clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTOctober 1, 2015
The work can be a challenge to recognize so much information all at once, but there are good managers who can help with the learning curve until you are familiar with the information and process. I like variety and to be busy so I found FCi to be a good fit.

The only drawback was that I was hired as a temp and the workload was eventually completed. I had a good group of co-workers and that made my temp experience enjoyable.
Pros
Good variety of clerical work, excellent pay
Cons
Temp position
Better off somewhere else.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VASeptember 23, 2013
Truly a horrible place to work. Absolutely no chance of advancement. Worked there for almost two years with no raise. Never told why I wasn't getting one. The best way to describe FCI. Lies, back stabbing and lies. My supervisor and her super visor were the most inept people to work for. They had absolutely no idea on how to do their own jobs. I left a long time who and am still being blamed for things. While most employees are a joy to work with there was no form of job security. Upper management has no respect for their workers and look down on them. The best move I ever made was leaving.
Pros
there's a roy rogers across the street.
Cons
everything
No advancement and discriminatory
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2014
Very few of the managers had the contractors "back". I am white and 95% of the contractors and managers there are black and so it was very one sided as to who was favoured. I was there for 2 1/2 years and felt like some of the managers would do anything to get me fired. Up to and including lying. There is no one at the job site to represent the contract workers, including the liason with FCi. Don't be fooled, they are all for the company. When I first started, no one was there to train me, but I was expected to know everything. Only by trial and error and the help of other coworkers did I ever learn how things are run. FCi does not communicate and they have NO idea what goes on in a day to day basis, however they will give you a poor job review once a year. Forget about raises too. It's all about the money in their pockets.
Pros
paid federal government days off
Cons
no communication, lying by the managers and racial discrimination
It's a good job but could use some big changes
General Clerk 1 (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYAugust 8, 2014
I have worked for KCC for a year. First thru Staffmark, then Serco and now FCI Federal. I like my duties at FCI Federal. I have worked in my department since January of this year and I am good at it. I have also worked in other departments and did well there also.

I don't feel like my potential is being met working at the KCC. I feel as if I can do so much more. I have a brain that is always working and requires a challenge. I don't feel as if my duties at KCC give me the challenge and "exercise" my brain needs. I try to work hard and make it my goal to succeed at what I am given.

My job is fairly simple. I do not find it demanding to the point of being a bad thing. I guess this would be both the hardest and best part of my job. What I dislike the most is the feeling of being stuck. I would love to learn something new.
Pros
great healthcare, upper management is friendly, and they treat us fairly well.
Cons
our lunch is only 30 minutes. your success and placement depends on how much they like you.
Federal Government Contracting Company
Clerical / Admin (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 18, 2015
Federal contract company to the US government and Homeland Security. I learned a lot about being a Federal Contractor.
Cons
they don't give raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FCi Federal. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7