FCi Federal

FCi Federal Employer Reviews

A day at FCI Federal
Data Enter Clerk (Current Employee), Williamsburg KYAugust 17, 2014
Job starts 7:30 am ends 4:00 pm. You get two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. This job is pretty much a desk job with some lifting of boxes.
It's a good job but could use some big changes
General Clerk 1 (Current Employee), Williamsburg, KYAugust 8, 2014
Pros: great healthcare, upper management is friendly, and they treat us fairly well.
Cons: our lunch is only 30 minutes. your success and placement depends on how much they like you.
I have worked for KCC for a year. First thru Staffmark, then Serco and now FCI Federal. I like my duties at FCI Federal. I have worked in my department since January of this year and I am good at it. I have also worked in other departments and did well there also.

I don't feel like my potential is being met working at the KCC. I feel as if I can do – more... so much more. I have a brain that is always working and requires a challenge. I don't feel as if my duties at KCC give me the challenge and "exercise" my brain needs. I try to work hard and make it my goal to succeed at what I am given.

My job is fairly simple. I do not find it demanding to the point of being a bad thing. I guess this would be both the hardest and best part of my job. What I dislike the most is the feeling of being stuck. I would love to learn something new. – less
The work is what I love most.
Contractor to USCIS (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 4, 2014
A typical day is consisted of working the N-400's which is the Naturalization Dept.
What I've appreciated is the citizenship that most of us take for granted.
Management is good.
You learn to work with everyone's different personalities.
Hardest part of the job is team coverage.
Most enjoyable part is the Naturalization ceremonies.
No advancement and discriminatory
Administrative Assistant III (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2014
Pros: paid federal government days off
Cons: no communication, lying by the managers and racial discrimination
Very few of the managers had the contractors "back". I am white and 95% of the contractors and managers there are black and so it was very one sided as to who was favoured. I was there for 2 1/2 years and felt like some of the managers would do anything to get me fired. Up to and including lying. There is no one at the job site to represent the contract – more... workers, including the liason with FCi. Don't be fooled, they are all for the company. When I first started, no one was there to train me, but I was expected to know everything. Only by trial and error and the help of other coworkers did I ever learn how things are run. FCi does not communicate and they have NO idea what goes on in a day to day basis, however they will give you a poor job review once a year. Forget about raises too. It's all about the money in their pockets. – less
Get treated like a child everyday!
Call Center Specialist (Current Employee), Martinsburg, WVMay 13, 2014
Nothing to positive to say about this company. We are supposed to work as a team with another company in our department and FCi Federal does everything in their power to pull this "team" apart.
A great place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 9, 2014
Pros: very productive and secured
Cons: short breaks
Co-workers were very nice and a great place to work. Co-workers were very nice and a great place to work. Co-workers were very nice and a great place to work. Co-workers were very nice and a great place to work.
fci is a okay place to work .
File Clerk (Current Employee), st albans vermontMay 1, 2014
I worked for fci federal for 3 years I have been here in st albans ins for 17 years with different contrators . fci is a great company to work for the management is okay the people I work with are a great to work with. the hardest part of my job is it takes more than one person to do it but I m the only one that does it I have part help but I really – more... need a full time person to help other than that my job is okay. – less
Life is too short.
Temporary File Clerk (Former Employee), VermontMay 1, 2014
This was a great job to work at, too bad it was so shortly lived.
A productive high pace environment.
General Office Worker (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 20, 2014
I work at a high pace environment . I have learned how to offer excellent customer service. I enjoy working with my co-workers as a team. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the dead lines.
The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to complete a task with excellence.
company main focus is productivity
Assistant Site Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 10, 2014
worked side by side with the customer
provided techinical support to immigration process
Approach with caution...better yet--avoid
office worker (Former Employee), virginiaMarch 7, 2014
Pros: building locations
Cons: everything else
FCi Federal has contracts to do the lower-level work of the agency, preparing certificates, updating call-center scripts, etc. However, the hugest part of the organization is that (1) the headquarters has no idea about the job being done at its contract locations (2) the employees have no contact with the agency other than being located in the agency's – more... building, (3) leading to an potentially abusive environment because the project manager has the only contact which supports a kiss up to contract customers and kick down contract FCi Fed. staff. The economy is tough for sure, but human dignity has value as well. Avoid FCi Federal. – less
Disrespectful and Unprofessional.
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Saint Albans, VTFebruary 22, 2014
This job was ok at the beginning but as time went on things got worse i found out that all the supervisors were buddy buddy with certain clerks and made it hard for anyone to get any work done let alone focus. Loud and disruptive constantly.
Busy work environment
General Office Worker (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 9, 2014
I wok in a secured environment dealing with confidential information of the applicants.
very poor
Data Entry Clerk, Data Entry Keyers (Former Employee), San FranciscoJanuary 28, 2014
Cons: poor management
I spent 2 years with this outfit, head quarters has never physically come out to visit the site, to see and hear complaints from their employees. They only hear and listen to the On site managers. Who also do a very, very poor job in responding to the needs and complaints in their sections. They allow their supervisors to be very abusive to their employees. – more... It was God sent that the Government , shut down the project. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work for this company, even if i didn't like the person. – less

February 4, 2014

Head quarters is more worried about their bottom line(keeping the contracts, and don't care about the employees). Their management favor others, the complaints fall on deaf ears, abusive supervisor are never reprimanded.

Not a great place
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: co-workers were great
Cons: everything
Where do I begin, Extreme playing of favorites, management as smart as a box of rocks, certain employees to this day still don't have the necessary resources to do the work, if you are not of certain ethnicity you're looked at different, extreme micro managing, How do you have an employee who on another contract have altercations with everyone in the – more... department and hit someone, and management believes everything she says, keep a job? Certain government employees pulling on contractor's hair, nothing was done, no advancement what so ever, and other things that would just make you sick, Stay away from FCI Federal, if you value your health and well being – less
Positive feedback
General Office Worker (Current Employee), Fairfax, VAJanuary 1, 2014
FCi Federal is a great company that provide great services.
File Clerk
Temp. File Clerk (Former Employee), Saint Albans, VTDecember 16, 2013
Loved it. Was only a temp. job which was unfortunate. Kept me busy and was just challenging enough.
Run!
contract worker (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYNovember 10, 2013
Pros: off on the weekends its a job
Cons: everthing else
I don't want to sugar coat anything but this place is not for adults they speak to you like your there child. The work is always rushed which causes errors that will cost the entire company money they call it a PIR this come from the government. They come around an do " surveillance" there looking for errors. Your not allowed to speak to government – more... employees. You must follow chain of command supervisor they will speak to management they will speak to the government.. If you do speak to the government you must say "as per whom ever"
It just a horrible contract over worked and underpaid. Now lets get into the end of the day you must remember everything you did to place in the Foss system that must equal eight hours if you input the wrong info off with your head. Oh let me not forget if your a smoker your not allowed to go outside for your two 15 min breaks that you must clock out for .
The work load is not shared some people are over loaded while others walk around. These are management pets and eyes.I believe every job has one you try to not to let it bother you but sometimes your overwhelmed.
Lots of lifting boxes there heavy lifting over your head
I wish you the best working there.
Most of the staff are friendly – less
Contract for government
Records Management Specialist (Current Employee), Martinsburg, WVNovember 6, 2013
I'd rather not disclose a review on this company. I have worked with FCi for 2.5 years, and have enjoyed my coworkers. The contract world is hard to survive in with rebiddings, cuts, and furloughs.
Better off somewhere else.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee), Leesburg, VASeptember 23, 2013
Pros: there's a roy rogers across the street.
Cons: everything
Truly a horrible place to work. Absolutely no chance of advancement. Worked there for almost two years with no raise. Never told why I wasn't getting one. The best way to describe FCI. Lies, back stabbing and lies. My supervisor and her super visor were the most inept people to work for. They had absolutely no idea on how to do their own jobs. I left – more... a long time who and am still being blamed for things. While most employees are a joy to work with there was no form of job security. Upper management has no respect for their workers and look down on them. The best move I ever made was leaving. – less