FCi Federal Employee Reviews

Like working with FCI
Mail Clerk - (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVDecember 18, 2015
Treat there employee with respect. Liked my boss and co-workers and enjoy working for this company will work for them again.
co workers very deceptive
general office worker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 2, 2015
government employees were great. contractor and employees were deciptive and hard to work with.

working with the military was great. then they split my duties with another worker.

they had us doing mailroom duties which made my other duties suffer.

had to train new employee in my area of expertise when the government was very happy with my work.
Pros
nice government workers
Cons
contract work. worked without contract for over a year
Dead-end Job
general office (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 3, 2015
Wouldn't recommend to anyone. There is no moving up and growth is very limited. You need an enormous amount of patience.
Pros
Learn to deal with other personalities
Cons
Short breaks, immature employees
Can be good depending on where you are placed to work
Office worker (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg WVOctober 22, 2015
This is a glorified temp agency that does not care about their employees. You are placed at a govt facility and left to fend for yourself with no support from FCI. The only concern FCI has I'd with the contract and whether it gets renewed. You will for forfeit your vacation hours (so fci still gets paid) if the facility closes for weather depending on the contract, there are NO raises until the F.A.R. increases the rate for your job title, which is never.

Some contracts are better than others, but in the end you will still be a contractor which to govt staff can be the equivalent of trash.

The one positive is that they are one of the few contractors still offering pto to employees, many contractors are not giving new hires paid time off (vac/sick) except holidays. Applicant beware.
Pros
There aren't many, depends on what type of contract
Cons
Hourly rate, environment, mgmt support
acceptable
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 7, 2015
A typical workday is from 7:30am - 4pm. I aquired skills that I can use in the future. Managment is lacking stability, integrity and very rarely acknowledges it's employees. I have met some great people working here, friends for life.
Pros
salary, location
Cons
benefits, management
The hardest part of the job
Case Resolution Visa Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHOctober 7, 2015
Trying to complete all assigned tasks without the proper tools. The company is all about getting numbers up while quality continues to decrease.
I enjoyed working at FCi as the work was fast-paced and had various goals to accomplish large amounts of intake forms.
General clerk position/mail clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTOctober 1, 2015
The work can be a challenge to recognize so much information all at once, but there are good managers who can help with the learning curve until you are familiar with the information and process. I like variety and to be busy so I found FCi to be a good fit.

The only drawback was that I was hired as a temp and the workload was eventually completed. I had a good group of co-workers and that made my temp experience enjoyable.
Pros
Good variety of clerical work, excellent pay
Cons
Temp position
Good place to keep your head down and earn a paycheck
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth NHAugust 31, 2015
I did not enjoy working at this company. We have been in mandatory overtime for over a year. Coworkers were fine. Management was ok but over-worked and underpaid. No such things as raises.
Pros
Holidays off
Cons
mandatory OT, new rules and regulations every week, no raises, low pay, aggressively anti-union
Challenging
Mailroom / Fileroom clerk (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 25, 2015
It;s kind of a organized ,fast pasted, team player kind of job .There are a variety of task to be completed, some at a timely manner.
depending upon the unit working at.. The people there are very polite and friendly.at all times. This job is challenging and ,productive . it"s a stable job, but there's no real room for advancement .
Pros
free breakfast, and luncheons occassionally
Cons
short breaks, poor health care
Must be able to lift 50 lbs or more constantly
Temp (Former Employee) –  St Albans, VTAugust 8, 2015
If you care about your back, then you should not work for this company.
You are a temp to hire, easy to fire, even if you think you are a contractor, you really don't have rights.
The union that you pay to represent you won't support you.

FCI Federal is a contractor that will chew you up and spit you right out.
Good
Visa Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHAugust 2, 2015
Good place to work, lots of overtime if you want it. You never have to take work home with you, that is always a good thing. People there are all nice,
small business owned by a woman and the company is caring for all their employees
Records Examiner/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAJuly 23, 2015
I enjoy working for FCi they are caring about their employees, we have great benefits and they will work with their employees
Productive and comfortable work place
Data Entry/File Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTJuly 15, 2015
My experience with FCI was enjoyable. I learned a lot and worked with an amazing group of people. Management was easy to get a long with and always there for the staff. Benefits were good and pay was well. Only problem is that the pay differs greatly by state you work in. There was often job posting for advancement or new positions to try.
Pros
pay, benefits, advancement
Cons
Pay difference by states, required overtime part of year
semi- professional government job
Temporary File Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTJuly 15, 2015
Great co-workers and pretty good managers. Liked having a full time job with set weekends, pay was excellent. Managers seemed spread a little thin which made for a semi-hectic work environment.
I learned the mail and file operations for the Cap project.
Data Entry - Cap rejects (Current Employee) –  St. Albans, VermontJune 14, 2015
File management/verification and review with some data entry. Learned mail operations with incoming and outgoing mail. The hardest part of the job is the physical lifting and the most enjoyable part of the job was setting up files and keying in the information with the computer, and being part of the team.
Pros
Free cold water, being able to talk and meet people.
Cons
Lifting and some standing and walking a lot.
Needs New Management
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 11, 2015
They are very negative and you never get raises or promotions. They don't even have people to train management so entry level trains them. The benefits are ludicrous. They don't even treat you like your human. Its a very hostile environment.
Avoid
Employee (Current Employee) –  VAMay 22, 2015
No raises. No room for advancement unless you're friends with the right people. Let people go without cause. Just very shady from the top down. Do not expect to be treated well here, despite the trinkets they pass out emblazoned with their logos.
Pros
Cons
Terrible leave policy, no raises, no room for advancement
Federal Government Contracting Company
Clerical / Admin (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 18, 2015
Federal contract company to the US government and Homeland Security. I learned a lot about being a Federal Contractor.
Cons
they don't give raises
very unorganized place with no better organiaztion for the future
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMarch 27, 2015
not a very good company to work for,no raises because of the fact we are sca employees and we are contracted out after contracts are up.
Pros
there are no pros
Cons
health care going up every years and fci wont find a better carrier.
Fast-paced, great team environment
Records Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVMarch 18, 2015
Great Contractor/Government relationship at the Martinsburg government facility! This is a rarity! Mutual respect and team focused on getting the work done.
Pros
fci's program manager looks out for her fci employees & supports employee growth, some managers tend to micro-manage processes at times, overall pretty good leadership that cares about its employees
Cons
lack of communication and/or interest from corporate office

2.8