FCi Federal Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, KYDecember 6, 2017
A typical day was sitting in my cubicle and entering data for 8+ hours. There was mandatory ot when I worked there. Had to work very fast and still not supposed to make any errors. You don't receive enough training. It's hard to get questions answered.

Management is HORRIBLE and a joke and played favorites. Some that sucked up could walk around and do very little while others had to work.
It was a very stressful atmosphere and you are made to feel like you're not valued.
Pros
pay and paid holidays, some co-workers
Cons
Management, training, work balance
Management is unprofessional
Clerk - Filed (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MODecember 4, 2017
they put listening devices on my car, they bullied me until I left and so much more and now their denying me a lawyer and ruining my life including my religion
Pros
nothing
Cons
they are harrassing me after I quit and are in my house now
Stressful but productive
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VANovember 28, 2017
Government had metrics that had to be met; some cases were difficult at best and could not be closed as quickly as others casubg metrics not to be met
Pros
Management was fair
Cons
metrics set to high
bad 401k
Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MONovember 20, 2017
they make you get a 401k and with me bringing young i dont want that right nor the health insurance since i get that from my parents. they want me to have 150 words but thats all i had to say now im at 206
Pros
pay rate
Cons
health care 401K
Healthy work environment
HVAC Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Herlong, CANovember 3, 2017
Helpful supervisors willing to train and teach employees about heating ventilation air conditioning and refrigeration by servicing and maintenance air handlers,mau's,swamp coolers,ac units and refrigeration systems
Pros
Free training
Cons
Low pay rate
a good place to work
Visa Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  williamsburg kyOctober 27, 2017
it's close to my home and I make decent money. they are good about feeding us and giving out gift cards for prizes. we work a lot of overtime at times so that's always helpful on the paychecks.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
expensive healthcare, low pay
not a long term job
General Clerk 1 (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOOctober 25, 2017
I worked at this place for 9 years with 1 raise of .45 cents. It is a government contract job. The only ways to get raises is to apply and get a position such as a lead or supervisor.
Great leadership
Government Contractor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2017
I loved my job It was a great environment with great people to work with. I enjoyed my time there very much and would recommend it to everyone. It was fast paced but challenges kept it interesting
Pros
Travel
Cons
Too much Travel
Don't do it
General Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2017
This company is the worst. Management was terrible rude people. Benefits were not good. The environment was too stressful and not worth the headache. I wouldn't want my worse enemy to work here
High paced production environment
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAOctober 13, 2017
FCi Federal, recently acquired by PAE, is a government contractor for USCIS. We process immigration petitions and work with USCIS to ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the process from application to adjudication.
Pros
close to home, fast paced
Cons
stressful, low salary for work performed by middle management
Worked remotely from home
Principal Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Diego CA TelecommuteSeptember 26, 2017
When visiting corporate office, everyone was friendly and seemed to enjoy working there. I administrated the data tracking system for four large government contracts and everyone I interacted with was supprrtative and responsive.
No Growth
General Office Worker (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VASeptember 6, 2017
Good place if you are fresh out of school graduation while looking for something better. There is no growth. The management is not really good. The salary is same no increase.
Poor company with poor leadership
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 5, 2017
Potentially a good fit for someone fresh out of college looking for an entry-level position with a clearance. The goal being to move onto a better position with a better company as soon as possible.
Cons
Poor leadership that is part of the "good ol' boys club"
not a fun environment
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 5, 2017
Very stressful on a day to day basis, from morning to the end of the day. every one wanted to be a boss and everyone for themselves. very strict with employees.
Pros
n/a
I love this company
Data Entry Operator (Current Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CASeptember 4, 2017
I would recommend this place to any and everyone looking for a job! I wake up every morning very excited to do my job and work with all the great employes there!
Good starting place
Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VAAugust 28, 2017
Good place for those leaving the military to start. Ability to work a flexible schedule and an alternate schedule. The downfall is that upward progression is very limited.
Overall good place to work
TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVAugust 23, 2017
Contract position. When contract is up you don't know if you will have to start over with new company and what changes will come. No matter how long you have been an employee.
What a joke
General Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOAugust 17, 2017
We went through 4 HR leads in 3 months. Every one of them quit because it was an awful place to be and none of the management seemed to know what to do and all the employees were unhappy. all the GC1s get paid the same and the only way to get more money was to go for the different positions (that rarely came) and were also underpaid for how much work you had to do. I worked there for 3 years and didn't get a raise once.
Pros
it's a job and it pays the bills
Cons
Everything else.
co-workers are great
General Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOAugust 13, 2017
The people you work with are fun and great! Upper management is very bad. They don't really care about you as an employee but just how your production is.
Pros
fun co workers
Cons
bad management
No job advancement/culture is worse that being in Afghanistan
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 11, 2017
I originally took this job (San Diego) while I was going to school for my masters. The contract for doing administrative work for USCIS was awarded to another company. So their intentions were to switch my position from salary to hourly and on top of that, it was significantly lower. Besides that the people I work with and the benefits were not bad. Unfortunately, the management doesn't have any control of what goes on because the USCIS manager makes all the calls and everything (and I mean everything!) Talk about micromanagement to the extreme. No initiative was allowed because of the micromanagement style of the government. The most enjoyable part was networking with other government employees.
Benefits
Cons
Mircomanagement, lack of collaboration between FCi and government

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FCi Federal. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4