FCR Employee Reviews

It's a job.
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Coos Bay, ORAugust 15, 2017
I've worked here almost five years. It pays the bills, but it's call center work. You'll be expected to provide support for one of several clients via email, chat and phones.
Pros
Benefits, guaranteed hours, guaranteed breaks and lunches.
Cons
Call center work
A great place to get your foot in the door for a temporary job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Independence, ORAugust 9, 2017
FCR is great with starting out in customer service. It's not a forever job, but it's recommended for those who would rather sit at a desk all day and not face customers.
Pros
Paid Time Off
It's fine
Former Lead for Airbnb (Current Employee) –  Veneta, ORAugust 9, 2017
I've always felt like the management at FCR cared about my advancement with the company. They have multiple clients so how good the job is really depends on which client you work for
Fun Place to work
Customer Service Represenitive (Former Employee) –  Coos Bay, ORAugust 3, 2017
Fun place to work but if they dont need you they will lay you off even though they have a no hiring sign in the window. Personal growth potential is at a minimum.
Pros
fun activities. high school like atmosphere
Cons
slow advancement unless you are in goo with management
Ive worked for literally a dozen call centers and FCR is the best yet.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Independence, ORJuly 31, 2017
Ive been around the call center block, and then some.

More than any phones job I've ever held, at FCR I feel like a valuable member of a team instead of just a mindless drone. My management works with me when I need to reschedule because life needs me, and there is a very forgivable attendance policy.

It's not all work either, it's a lot of fun to work here. Four or five times a month there will be a themed dress up day, we frequently have cook outs, and monthly recognition programs.

But the most important thing of all, happy people. Sure people have bad days, but more often than not, I see and hear people around me enjoying their day.
Nice group of people
Employee (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJuly 31, 2017
Nice group of people to work with, employees work hard. Leadership tries hard to come up with a pleasant and fun work environment. Valued Oregon based company.
Relaxed and fun place to work
Phone/E-mail Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, OregonJuly 28, 2017
First Call Resolution was a fun and relaxing job. I would answer phone calls and write e-mails consering product information for Nintendo. The management was friendly and very helpful. It is a greatplace to learn badic computer knowledge and how to be a great customer representative.
Pros
Offered paid vacation and good benefits.
Cons
Not really a set schedule.
When I first started
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJuly 22, 2017
When I first started I couldn't wait to go to work everyday but by the time I left the environment I once enjoyed was gone and it was a chore to go to work everyday. I loved my colleagues but the once comfortable work environment became rigid and demoralizing in ways
Needs work, but good.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJuly 20, 2017
Management needs a lot of work especially with communication, but the culture, & the great people working for FCR makes it an enjoyable place to work.
Don't listen to the naysayers!
CSR (Current Employee) –  Independence, ORJuly 17, 2017
After reading these reviews, honestly, I'm shocked. FCR is a great place to work, but you do actually have to WORK. They have high expectations, but those are clearly laid out at the start. They are an outsourcer, so there are times when clients come and go. That being said, they do everything in their power to move you to another program as long as you're in good standing. This means that the people who don't make the cut during a ramp down are the people who were already on corrective actions. I feel like this would be the same in any business. If you decided that you'd rather take unemployment (like several of the reviews below) instead of being moved to another program, you probably should make sure that you'll be eligible for it first. It's not FCR's responsibility. I've been there for almost 2 years, been promoted multiple times, worked on a few different programs, and have had almost no issues. Like any workplace, you'll get what you give; if you're putting in half the work, you're not going to have as great of an experience.
Pros
Ongoing training, upward movement, mostly great coworkers, fun environment
Cons
People who aren't willing to put in the work, but still expect the rewards
Make money as an easily replacable machine part
Tech Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJune 25, 2017
FCR is rated one of the best employers in the county I live in, but having worked there for a long time I don't understand how this is (unless they're going by quantity). The management doesn't care at all. FCR has multiple accounts and you can be moved from account to account as needed. The last account I worked on for seven months and the whole time they failed to notice that I wasn't trained for that account. This in spite of my repeated requests for training. In the end, all this was apparently my own fault. Management is no help at all for any real problems and only cares to expand their bottom line.

Free cake each month.
Pros
free cake and you get a paycheck
Cons
you're highly expendable
Diverse community
Customer Service, E-mail and phone support (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, OR 97470June 21, 2017
The work environment can be upbeat and full of energy. Many opportunities to get to know your coworkers and get involved. The most difficult part of the job is the lack of physical activity.
Not a bad place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORJune 11, 2017
Honestly it's one of the better places to work, considering the location, however this job may not be for everyone. It really comes down to how you do in a "sit down" job.
Pros
Hour long lunches, fun events
Fast paced, fun work
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJune 11, 2017
I enjoyed working there once I got an account that I enjoyed . The training was eventful and everyone was very positive about the company. My manager was really nice.
Disposable employee experience
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Roseburg, ORJune 11, 2017
Employees feel disposable. Family life and health issues are ignored. Absenteeism program is a joke. Supervisors are allowed to lie and falsify documents to cover their own butt
Double standards
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Veneta, ORJune 5, 2017
Potential of being laid off at a moments notice is a problem adding to stress of an already stressful work environment. Training is fast and then you must sink or swim to have a chance in keeping your employment.
Pros
Try to have fun days at least once a month
Cons
They do not work well with people who have airborn allergies
Culture is top class!
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORMay 20, 2017
FCR's culture is the largest aspect that makes it a great company. Definitely recommend for that reason. The pay and advancement opportunities have room for improvement.
Good company overall
Tech Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORMay 1, 2017
While FCR is a great company as a whole, there tends to be a lot of favoritism when it comes to advancement. Their centers however are very laid back. They are a second chance employer. They also however hire for various clients they manage, so there definitely can be a lack of job security if a client decides to back out.
Pros
The culture
Cons
Job security
boring and clique-y
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Veneta, ORApril 26, 2017
they don't really care about you, take advantage of you in any way they can, too much favoritism, lacking structure, too many cliques... feels like high school but wayyy worse
Very productive and a great place to work!
CSR Agent (Former Employee) –  Veneta, ORApril 23, 2017
Working for FCR was a great experience for me. I enjoyed my job very much and the work atmosphere was the best. We were always rewarded for our great work! There was so much room for advancement and the benefits are so awesome. I ended up having a major medical emergency and my medical insurance was wonderful.
Pros
Great work atmosphere
Cons
Cruddy hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FCR. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7