Feather River Hospital

Feather River Hospital Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Customer Service Tech II (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAOctober 13, 2016
It is a great organization to work for. They are family oriented, Faith based. They have competitive wages. I worked with some wonderful people. Great benefits.
Pros
Great environment
Very backstabbing, poor management
MA (Former Employee) –  Feather River Health CenterJuly 16, 2014
This could be a good place to work, but due to the management it is very poor, they do not practice what they preach. The employees treat each other very poorly, with no management direction. There is a lot of gossiping and backstabbing with no supervision. This culture is 100% worse than any other employer I have ever experienced. The management contributes to the declining moral, and gossip. There is no teamwork, and management does not teach or encourage it. Stress and work load is off the charts.

Pay and benefits are the only thing that is above average.
Pros
Pay is average
Cons
Very stressful, backstabbing and gossiping environment with no management direction
made people smile
Volunteer giving patients company (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAAugust 5, 2016
i gave the elderly happiness. babysat. dog sat. house sitter.
loves to make others smile.
it was fun and satisfying.

Pros
made people smile
Cons
Fast paced place to work.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAMay 5, 2014
I worked with friendly, helpful colleagues who assisted me when I had questions like if I needed a second opinion about something like wound care for example.
Typical day at work would be to organize my day, schedule patients, communicate with MDs for orders and patient updates, see patients and complete charting for the day.
I learned how to coordinate my day better and to be flexible when my schedule didn't work out as planned. I learned how to use Cerner program for pt records.
The hardest part of the job was the case management and not seeing my patients early in their care when they were opened by another RN.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know my patients and helping them to better deal with their health situation or improve their health.
Pros
Increase in salary, learning new skills, getting to know new environment and friendly people.
Cons
Home health charting on the Cerner program can be time consuming which is not good for family life.
Used to be a great place to work....no more
RN (Current Employee) –  Paradise, CAMarch 10, 2015
This hospital used to have a reputation for treating its employees well, so well that we were willing to take the $8-12 less an hour as RN's just to work there..........those days are gone.

This hospital, not Adventist Health as whole mind you, is no longer the hospital it used to be.

Benefits have been cut and cost more than other comparable hospitals in the area.....staff across the board is making significantly less than others in the area and people no longer enjoy working here as a while. People who have been here 10+ years are leaving in droves..........I do not recommend this employer anymore

Ruined a great thing, its very sad.
If you an Adventist - you will do just fine
Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAJune 15, 2012
Almost cult. This whole town is run by the Adventists. Don't think you will get to move ahead unless you are of this religion. Even if you need to see a specialist, closest facility is UC Davis or Sutter, they send you to Loma Linda which is about 900 miles away as opposed to 150 miles.

Managment is all Adventist and they are all like clones. They have recently started outsourcing their work and state it is "federally mandated" which they have twisted to suit their needs. I will never work for them and don't recommend them. If you are an Adventist, you might have a fighting chance!
Pros
insurance for local doctors and their hospital were very good, salary was fair. however, always felt threatened when attending mettings, always intimidated and scolded departments, which was totally condescending and not proper.
Cons
adventist only mental attitude.
No training, lots of hard days
Medical Assistant/ CSRII (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAJune 4, 2013
I got close to no training right off the bat when I worked for this company then I was accused of asking too many questions when I tried to clarify my duties. There was a lot of back biting and talking behind other employees backs and not a lot of support when it came to sticking up for yourself if you were accused of something. I had a very hard time with this company, constantly feeling like I wasnt doing enough when I worked my tail off and hardly ever made a mistake.
The insurance is ok, though the rates just went up and now you have to pay to have your own insurance, not to mention your children or husband.
I was very disappointed working for this company and felt attacked fairly often by their HR department looking for things I did wrong to something as silly as my attire not being "bland" enough. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the patients and one or two of my fellow employees, but I would never ever go back or recommend this employer to anyone.
Pros
401k offered, benefits
Cons
poor management, not a lot of support/ positive input from the company or fellow employees
Fun and Rewarding company too work for
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAMarch 14, 2016
I enjoyed working for Feather River Hospital for 10 years. I only left to grow. I didn't feel like I could grow much more within the organization in my job.
Pros
Very caring
Cons
Lack of security in my job
Great people to work with
LVN (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAApril 12, 2012
Friendly, good educational opportunities, OTJ training, good program for CEs and implementation of new procedures. Good benefits and pay.
Pros
opportunities for required ce courses free.
Cons
heavy workload responsibilities.
fun place to work with great co-workers
STAFF TECHNOLOGIST RESPONSIBLE FOR MAMMOGRAPHY, CT (Former Employee) –  penz road in paradise californiaJanuary 19, 2016
I enjoyed my job here. I worked at the mammography clinic and at the hospital doing ct and x-ray. I was a staff technologist. Nothing seemed to hard for me. I enjoyed my Jobs
Pros
The orginization was wonderful to work for
excellent staff
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAOctober 25, 2013
wonderful place to work, felt like family. great opportunities for furthering education. great benefits and flexibility.
Pros
great food
Cons
no smoking campus
nursing job
Secretary- Phelebotomist- LVN (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAAugust 13, 2012
good place to work no matter the department, friendly people.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
clicks in departments
Excellent Hospital with a Great Mission!
Executive Resident (Current Employee) –  Human ResourcesDecember 2, 2013
I've really enjoyed my job here at FRH since I joined the team earlier this year. What initially impressed me was the organization's emphasis on physical, mental, and spiritual healing. The hospital not only focuses on preventative medicine and encourages patients and employees to stay healthy, but also looks out for their spiritual well-being. The hospital has a huge Christian (specifically, Seventh-day Adventist) emphasis on religion that allows its employees to pray before meetings and with patients. I love it!

Management is focused on helping patients and employees; since the hospital is non-profit, it exists both to help patients as well as to provide jobs for the community. I interact with employees spread across the hospital on a daily basis, and I'm always impressed by how cheerful and upbeat they are. The hardest thing about my job is that I'm always learning something new (given that I'm the new member of the team), but it's okay because everyone in my department has been super patient with me.
Pros
Atmosphere, Corporate Culture, Faith-based Hospital
Cons
Remote Location
Just watch your back!!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAJuly 11, 2012
I worked my tail off for 8yrs, went above and beyond my job to help co-workers and other staff and LOVED MOST of the people I worked with but I am very detail orientated and cared about if people where doing there jobs correctly and if I saw anything that was not in the best interest of GOOD patient care I would say something( not in a harsh way either) They would think I was picking on them and that was so far from the truth (a lot of that was because of bad to no real training for new employee's) to many people have so many different ways to train that the new people have no real clue what is correct or not. Management acts like they care but NEVER do anything to fix the problem. Director and Supervisors say they have your back then stab you in it as soon as you turn around. I do miss a lot of the Nurses I worked with, they did have my back.
Pros
meet some really caring people
Cons
the way they treat long time and devoted employees and the pay is the lowest for the area..
End Of Worthy MIssion Statement
Hospice RN (Current Employee) –  Paradise, CAMarch 20, 2015
This hospital used to pride itself in providing top-notch, compassionate care to its patients and employees alike. Now they are so consumed with money that they have forgotten that happy employees will make concessions to keep a company vital. Employees are ridden to the breaking point due to worker shortages (planned) and constant derision over not achieving impossible work expectations. Currently seeking employment elsewhere...
Pros
incredibly talented employees
Cons
ball-breaking management
Fun place to work.
Nutrition Assistant I & II Feather River Hospital (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAMarch 23, 2015
Always a pleasent place to go to, everyone is very kind and will help you if need be. Management could be a bit more caring but the employees are very pleasing to be around. I enjoyed serving the public and the hospital staff and the challenge of meeting there needs.
One of my best jobs
CNA/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAJanuary 6, 2015
I have worked at FRH the longest of any of my jobs. The people there are wonderful. I advanced in this job the most of any others.
I was a unit secretary and watched the heart monitors of people hooked up to telemetry units. This job was very rewarding. I was always happy for the most part. I was sad to leave my job but my husband wanted to move out of state. I will miss my place of employment. I am still friends on facebook with many who work, and have worked there. Its a great company to work for.
Pros
recognition
Cons
call of days/ low census days
nice place to work
Nutritional Assistant / Catering / Cook (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAJune 21, 2012
I like the team i worked with! Loved my catering job as well
Prepare and provides menus and meals for on-site and off-site, set up and clean up all catering events, Multi task many catering events each day.
Gained invaluable insight of Hospital operations with food, health and personal safety.
Knowledge with modified diets and portion control.
Able to create Vegetarian and Vegan menus and meals.
Learned many different station assignments and completed assigned daily task.
Pros
free food, fun team to work with
Cons
the dept. i work for was very hot, sometimes over a 100 and it made working hard
Cohesive environmet
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CADecember 19, 2014
My day would begin with doctors orders typically, and noting how many patients and staff ratio gave an idea how busy the day would be. Everyone was professional and respectful of one another making for a pleasant work environment.

I learned a lot while at Feather River Hospital, for one thing, I was night shift for half of the years that I worked there, and when I decided that day shift would be a better fit for me, the management was very accommodating and made that happen, I was then chosen as one of the staff members to learn the new computer program for MD orders, and then after going to classes and learning for several weeks, we taught the new program to the remaining staff. I learned a lot, I got to know people in the hospital that I otherwise would never have had the chance to know. I also learned that people overall, do not like change, so it was challenging to keep a positive attitude and impart the knowledge in spite of ones that did not want to learn the new program!

The most enjoyable part of this job was feeling valuable and teaching others, orienting new ones to the job was quite rewarding, I really took pride in my work and loved teaching people what I knew. A unit secretary is relied upon a lot, and it is important to be positive, warm, and cheerful so as to bring a pleasant feeling to the nurses station.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Who you know
LVN (Former Employee) –  Feather river health centerJuly 11, 2014
This facility is a very clique oriented. If you aren't in it, you will be gone. Management is non existent at times, leaving the top of the cliques to manage, which ends badly all of the time. The business itself cares more about its bottom dollar then it's patient's.
Pros
Learned a lot, good and bad
Cons
Back biting, cliques, no support, little training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Feather River Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Feather River Hospital Reviews by Location