FEATHER RIVER HOSPITAL

FEATHER RIVER HOSPITAL Employer Reviews

Good, honorable people for coworkers and in management
Transcriptionist II (Former Employee), Paradise, CAJuly 11, 2014
The typical day is doing transcription all day, except for helping my coworkers with difficulties in transcription.

The hardest part of the job was seeing other's with less practical experience promoted over me just because they had the time and money to take certification classes.

The best part was knowing that I was helping the patients to get good – more... care. – less
Who you know
LVN (Former Employee), Feather river health centerJuly 11, 2014
Pros: learned a lot, good and bad
Cons: back biting, cliques, no support, little training
This facility is a very clique oriented. If you aren't in it, you will be gone. Management is non existent at times, leaving the top of the cliques to manage, which ends badly all of the time. The business itself cares more about its bottom dollar then it's patient's.
Fast paced place to work.
RN Case Manager (Former Employee), Paradise, CAMay 5, 2014
Pros: increase in salary, learning new skills, getting to know new environment and friendly people.
Cons: home health charting on the cerner program can be time consuming which is not good for family life.
I worked with friendly, helpful colleagues who assisted me when I had questions like if I needed a second opinion about something like wound care for example.
Typical day at work would be to organize my day, schedule patients, communicate with MDs for orders and patient updates, see patients and complete charting for the day.
I learned how to coordinate – more... my day better and to be flexible when my schedule didn't work out as planned. I learned how to use Cerner program for pt records.
The hardest part of the job was the case management and not seeing my patients early in their care when they were opened by another RN.
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know my patients and helping them to better deal with their health situation or improve their health. – less
Enjoyable place to work with amazing people
Monitor Technician and CNA (Current Employee), Paradise, CAApril 23, 2014
My co-workers were very supportive while I went to Nursing School and worked as a CNA and MT here. The health care team works together as a unit, and they are all very close to one another. It is a hospital, so everyone knows everyone else.
Excellent Hospital with a Great Mission!
Executive Resident (Current Employee), Human ResourcesDecember 2, 2013
Pros: atmosphere, corporate culture, faith-based hospital
Cons: remote location
I've really enjoyed my job here at FRH since I joined the team earlier this year. What initially impressed me was the organization's emphasis on physical, mental, and spiritual healing. The hospital not only focuses on preventative medicine and encourages patients and employees to stay healthy, but also looks out for their spiritual well-being. The – more... hospital has a huge Christian (specifically, Seventh-day Adventist) emphasis on religion that allows its employees to pray before meetings and with patients. I love it!

Management is focused on helping patients and employees; since the hospital is non-profit, it exists both to help patients as well as to provide jobs for the community. I interact with employees spread across the hospital on a daily basis, and I'm always impressed by how cheerful and upbeat they are. The hardest thing about my job is that I'm always learning something new (given that I'm the new member of the team), but it's okay because everyone in my department has been super patient with me. – less
excellent staff
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Paradise, CAOctober 25, 2013
Pros: great food
Cons: no smoking campus
wonderful place to work, felt like family. great opportunities for furthering education. great benefits and flexibility.
Diabetes department is a great place to work.
Department Secretary (Former Employee), Paradise, CAAugust 1, 2013
The atmosphere was friendly. The clients always came first. There was great opportunity to learn new skills and take on responsibility.
No training, lots of hard days
Medical Assistant/ CSRII (Former Employee), Paradise, CAJune 4, 2013
Pros: 401k offered, benefits
Cons: poor management, not a lot of support/ positive input from the company or fellow employees
I got close to no training right off the bat when I worked for this company then I was accused of asking too many questions when I tried to clarify my duties. There was a lot of back biting and talking behind other employees backs and not a lot of support when it came to sticking up for yourself if you were accused of something. I had a very hard time – more... with this company, constantly feeling like I wasnt doing enough when I worked my tail off and hardly ever made a mistake.
The insurance is ok, though the rates just went up and now you have to pay to have your own insurance, not to mention your children or husband.
I was very disappointed working for this company and felt attacked fairly often by their HR department looking for things I did wrong to something as silly as my attire not being "bland" enough. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the patients and one or two of my fellow employees, but I would never ever go back or recommend this employer to anyone. – less
Don't Get Attached
Department Secretary (Former Employee), Paradise, CAApril 12, 2013
Pros: i learned a lot
Cons: hostile work invironment
I worked for Feather River Hospital for almost 5 years and worked my tail off as a department secretary. When I started the job there was NO training and the department processes were so antiquated that I felt like I was volunteering to be ran over by a speeding train every day. But I really needed a job so I hung in there. Eventually I had a new supervisor – more... and she revamped many of the processes. That was great but she also was the daughter of one of the founding physicians of the hospital and made sure everyone knew that. She belittled me on a regular basis, along with many other employees, right in front of patients. Then came a new director, another Seven Day Adventist and also the brother of said supervisor's class mate growing up. Need I say more? Electronic medical records came in taking away most of my work, I was on the verge of being vested in the retirement program at 5 years, and everyone else except me in the office went to the same church. Hours cut in half. Hmm . . . was so glad to see other comments on these reviews that have validated that it wasn't all in my head. I went through counseling over this for a year! – less
nursing job
Secretary- Phelebotomist- LVN (Former Employee), Paradise, CAAugust 13, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: clicks in departments
good place to work no matter the department, friendly people.
Extremely demanding job managing 5 retail departments all in different locations.
Retail Services Manager (Current Employee), Paradise, CAAugust 5, 2012
Daily cash auditing, site visit and sales tracking to budget for 5 locations. Managed all aspects of these 5 businesses.
JUST WATCH YOUR BACK!!
Phlebotomist (Former Employee), Paradise, CAJuly 11, 2012
Pros: meet some really caring people
Cons: the way they treat long time and devoted employees and the pay is the lowest for the area..
I worked my tail off for 8yrs, went above and beyond my job to help co-workers and other staff and LOVED MOST of the people I worked with but I am very detail orientated and cared about if people where doing there jobs correctly and if I saw anything that was not in the best interest of GOOD patient care I would say something( not in a harsh way either) – more... They would think I was picking on them and that was so far from the truth (a lot of that was because of bad to no real training for new employee's) to many people have so many different ways to train that the new people have no real clue what is correct or not. Management acts like they care but NEVER do anything to fix the problem. Director and Supervisors say they have your back then stab you in it as soon as you turn around. I do miss a lot of the Nurses I worked with, they did have my back. – less
nice place to work
Nutritional Assistant / Catering / Cook (Former Employee), Paradise, CAJune 21, 2012
Pros: free food, fun team to work with
Cons: the dept. i work for was very hot, sometimes over a 100 and it made working hard
I like the team i worked with! Loved my catering job as well
Prepare and provides menus and meals for on-site and off-site, set up and clean up all catering events, Multi task many catering events each day.
Gained invaluable insight of Hospital operations with food, health and personal safety.
Knowledge with modified diets and portion control.
Able – more... to create Vegetarian and Vegan menus and meals.
Learned many different station assignments and completed assigned daily task. – less
If you an Adventist - you will do just fine
Medical Records (Former Employee), Paradise, CAJune 15, 2012
Pros: insurance for local doctors and their hospital were very good, salary was fair. however, always felt threatened when attending mettings, always intimidated and scolded departments, which was totally condescending and not proper.
Cons: adventist only mental attitude.
Almost cult. This whole town is run by the Adventists. Don't think you will get to move ahead unless you are of this religion. Even if you need to see a specialist, closest facility is UC Davis or Sutter, they send you to Loma Linda which is about 900 miles away as opposed to 150 miles.

Managment is all Adventist and they are all like clones. They – more... have recently started outsourcing their work and state it is "federally mandated" which they have twisted to suit their needs. I will never work for them and don't recommend them. If you are an Adventist, you might have a fighting chance! – less
Great people to work with
LVN (Former Employee), Paradise, CAApril 12, 2012
Pros: opportunities for required ce courses free.
Cons: heavy workload responsibilities.
Friendly, good educational opportunities, OTJ training, good program for CEs and implementation of new procedures. Good benefits and pay.