Feather River Hospital Employee Reviews

great coworkers
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CASeptember 21, 2017
It was a hospital my mom died there. Had that not happened I would still be working there. That is all I have to say for now thanks for considering me for employment
Good work environment, new management seems to be downsizing
PC Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAJuly 25, 2017
Great pay, great benifits. But the new management structure seems to be on the move to downsize. I would suggest watch your back. There were massive layoffs in December and January, I would be wary of taking a position here
Pros
Benefits, pay.
Cons
Sketchy New Management
Small community hospital
RN (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAMay 26, 2017
The small town feel of this facility makes coming to work feel more like coming home. The staff become family who encourage and support each other willingly.
Productive fun place.
Payment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAJanuary 28, 2017
I loved working with all of the staff. Everyone there was very inviting and friendly. I learned and taught new things everyday. By far my favorite place I've had the pleasure of working at.
Great Place to work
Customer Service Tech II (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAOctober 13, 2016
It is a great organization to work for. They are family oriented, Faith based. They have competitive wages. I worked with some wonderful people. Great benefits.
Pros
Great environment
made people smile
Volunteer giving patients company (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAAugust 5, 2016
i gave the elderly happiness. babysat. dog sat. house sitter.
loves to make others smile.
it was fun and satisfying.

Pros
made people smile
Great
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAJune 8, 2016
A wonderful place to work with great people. Loving Caring people with big hearts. Fast paced but worth all the work you cant find a better place to work.
Fun and Rewarding company too work for
Customer Service Rep II (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAMarch 14, 2016
I enjoyed working for Feather River Hospital for 10 years. I only left to grow. I didn't feel like I could grow much more within the organization in my job.
Pros
Very caring
Cons
Lack of security in my job
fun place to work with great co-workers
STAFF TECHNOLOGIST RESPONSIBLE FOR MAMMOGRAPHY, CT (Former Employee) –  penz road in paradise californiaJanuary 19, 2016
I enjoyed my job here. I worked at the mammography clinic and at the hospital doing ct and x-ray. I was a staff technologist. Nothing seemed to hard for me. I enjoyed my Jobs
Pros
The orginization was wonderful to work for
Feather River is a nice place to work
STAFF ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Paradise, CaJuly 6, 2015
I have worked for Feather River for 20 years, with all the health care changes it is time to move on, Things just are not the same anymore. I really thought I would retire from here.
Fun place to work.
Nutrition Assistant I & II Feather River Hospital (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAMarch 23, 2015
Always a pleasent place to go to, everyone is very kind and will help you if need be. Management could be a bit more caring but the employees are very pleasing to be around. I enjoyed serving the public and the hospital staff and the challenge of meeting there needs.
End Of Worthy MIssion Statement
Hospice RN (Current Employee) –  Paradise, CAMarch 20, 2015
This hospital used to pride itself in providing top-notch, compassionate care to its patients and employees alike. Now they are so consumed with money that they have forgotten that happy employees will make concessions to keep a company vital. Employees are ridden to the breaking point due to worker shortages (planned) and constant derision over not achieving impossible work expectations. Currently seeking employment elsewhere...
Pros
incredibly talented employees
Cons
ball-breaking management
Used to be a great place to work....no more
RN (Current Employee) –  Paradise, CAMarch 10, 2015
This hospital used to have a reputation for treating its employees well, so well that we were willing to take the $8-12 less an hour as RN's just to work there..........those days are gone.

This hospital, not Adventist Health as whole mind you, is no longer the hospital it used to be.

Benefits have been cut and cost more than other comparable hospitals in the area.....staff across the board is making significantly less than others in the area and people no longer enjoy working here as a while. People who have been here 10+ years are leaving in droves..........I do not recommend this employer anymore

Ruined a great thing, its very sad.
Great Teaching Hospital
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAMarch 1, 2015
I was able to complete my last semester at this hospital and learned a lot from the amazing staff and doctors there. I felt finally as though I was treated as a registered nurse rather than a nursing student and I absolutely loved that. They gave us independence while still checking to ensure the patients safety. I could not talk any higher of this hospital.
Great Organization
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP II (Current Employee) –  Paradise, CAJanuary 18, 2015
I enjoyed working with FRH. I performed mostly scheduling and secretarial tasks. Working with the staff and patients was very rewarding. The most difficult part of the job was working with patients who didn't want to get better.
One of my best jobs
CNA/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAJanuary 6, 2015
I have worked at FRH the longest of any of my jobs. The people there are wonderful. I advanced in this job the most of any others.
I was a unit secretary and watched the heart monitors of people hooked up to telemetry units. This job was very rewarding. I was always happy for the most part. I was sad to leave my job but my husband wanted to move out of state. I will miss my place of employment. I am still friends on facebook with many who work, and have worked there. Its a great company to work for.
Pros
recognition
Cons
call of days/ low census days
Cohesive environmet
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CADecember 19, 2014
My day would begin with doctors orders typically, and noting how many patients and staff ratio gave an idea how busy the day would be. Everyone was professional and respectful of one another making for a pleasant work environment.

I learned a lot while at Feather River Hospital, for one thing, I was night shift for half of the years that I worked there, and when I decided that day shift would be a better fit for me, the management was very accommodating and made that happen, I was then chosen as one of the staff members to learn the new computer program for MD orders, and then after going to classes and learning for several weeks, we taught the new program to the remaining staff. I learned a lot, I got to know people in the hospital that I otherwise would never have had the chance to know. I also learned that people overall, do not like change, so it was challenging to keep a positive attitude and impart the knowledge in spite of ones that did not want to learn the new program!

The most enjoyable part of this job was feeling valuable and teaching others, orienting new ones to the job was quite rewarding, I really took pride in my work and loved teaching people what I knew. A unit secretary is relied upon a lot, and it is important to be positive, warm, and cheerful so as to bring a pleasant feeling to the nurses station.
Pros
Family atmosphere
Great staff, coworkers, Christian atmosphere, people oriented.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CANovember 30, 2014
One of the best jobs I have ever had. I cried a river when they laid off the whole transcription department. Great pay, loved my work, and it was a pleasure being a part of their awesome team.
Very backstabbing, poor management
MA (Former Employee) –  Feather River Health CenterJuly 16, 2014
This could be a good place to work, but due to the management it is very poor, they do not practice what they preach. The employees treat each other very poorly, with no management direction. There is a lot of gossiping and backstabbing with no supervision. This culture is 100% worse than any other employer I have ever experienced. The management contributes to the declining moral, and gossip. There is no teamwork, and management does not teach or encourage it. Stress and work load is off the charts.

Pay and benefits are the only thing that is above average.
Pros
Pay is average
Cons
Very stressful, backstabbing and gossiping environment with no management direction
Good, honorable people for coworkers and in management
Transcriptionist II (Former Employee) –  Paradise, CAJuly 11, 2014
The typical day is doing transcription all day, except for helping my coworkers with difficulties in transcription.

The hardest part of the job was seeing other's with less practical experience promoted over me just because they had the time and money to take certification classes.

The best part was knowing that I was helping the patients to get good care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Feather River Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Feather River Hospital Reviews by Location