Professional Dog Walking and Pet Sitting Business seeks reliable, hard-working and motivated person.
Feathers & Tails Pet Care is growing and we need your help to expand our business! We pride ourselves in offering high quality pet care service, as well as exceptional customer service skills to our clients and their pets. We are seeking someone to help us grow a second route so we may be more accessible to our new and current clients. This is an independent contractor position. Please understand this is a growing position. There is minimal work available in the beginning but the goal is to grow this into a full position! You should consider this as a supplemental income. This is ideal for someone who works as (for example) a waitress or student at night and is available during the day. This position requires a lot of travel in your car so you should consider if the travel is worth it for you and the type of car you have. We are based out of Tewskbury and travel to Andover, Billerica, Lowell, North Reading, Tewksbury, & Wilmington.
- Be able to pass a background check
- Have a passion for animals and animal care
- Not be afraid of any type of standard pet. We care for everything from rats to large dogs
- Have a reliable, working car and valid driver’s license
- Have a pleasant demeanor (in person/online) and a cell phone with text, you will likely be in touch with clients via text everyday
- Live in or next to Tewksbury
- Available Mon-Fri midday, but also willing to work vacation jobs that may be in the morning/night/weekend – be flexible PLEASE NOTE: we understand if you have an additional job, as this position is very part-time to start – please be upfront about your availability in the beginning
- Be patient while we grow your route! We WANT to give you work, but it may take a while to get regular jobs
- Be willing to work in all weather
- Have a GPS
- Have regular access to the internet (online scheduler)
Preference given to those:
- with experience in pet sitting, dog walking
- who are already certified in cat and dog first aid
- looking to really dedicate themselves to possibly become an assistant manager over time
This is an independent contractor position. Your income will be 50% of each completed job, after a paid training period. As this position is very minimal to start (with the potential to become a full-time income) the candidate should either have an additional job, or not require a full-time income initially. It will likely take around a year to grow this into a full position.
Please email your resume and cover letter explaining why you are the perfect candidate. Please list what town you live in.
Dog Walker, Pet Sitter, Animal Care