FedEx Express Employee Reviews

Very fast pace
FedEx Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Clearfield, PASeptember 20, 2017
It was a good job that I enjoyed being outdoors and co-workers were friendly and really went out of their way to help out the new guy. but the administration would write you up for the smallest infraction
Pros
outdoors
Cons
Write ups
Fast pace great job
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 20, 2017
It's a great working exprecine the hours could be better but the work isn't hard gotta be whiling to work also good pay there's no break so come perpared
na
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2017
FedEx is a great people company to work for. FedEx offers an outstanding benefits package and many many other great useful benefits such as paid time off and health, life, dental and vision insurance.
The place is back breaking
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 20, 2017
It was a lot of hard work and some places don't have air condition.It's not a place to make a career. There is a lot of inventory that comes in during the holidays where you make your hours
A great place to work with opportunities to advance
Manager, International Aviation Security (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 19, 2017
Every day at work is full of challenges when you work in security at FedEx. It's not a question if a crisis arises each day, it's how many and what time! The nature of the position puts me in touch with many other FedEx Express managers and security staff members, both in the US and those from other countries. One of the challenges we face is dealing with other security staff from areas of the world that are not on the same time we are. What we learn is to be flexible and willing to assist with all our peers from all over the world.

The hardest part of the job is to ensure that we keep up with the daily, and sometime hourly,changes that affect our operation, not the least of these is the change in weather. FedEx is a very diverse work place and we must always remember that not all who work with us are the same as us. To me the diversity is one of the most enjoyable parts of the job since I have learned many things from those team members whom I work with. FedEx is a great company and I hope that many persons take advantage of the opportunity to work for this outstanding employer!

The staff that I have worked with are all very well trained and are all devoted to ensure that we all do our duty in the highest ethical manner. The upper management staff that I work with are all positive leaders and are devoted to ensure that we all succeed in our endeavors and that help others do the same. This is the team work that we all strive for.
Pros
The people I work with
see uploaded resume
Courier and Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 19, 2017
extremely physical and demanding and not always concerned about employees safety. Customers are unappreciative and inconsiderate about the couriers no matter what the courier has accomplished.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 19, 2017
Very good company. Proud to work for FedEx. There are opportunities within multiple Operating Companies. Senior Leadership is very good, growth opportunities exist, however they do take time. As with most companies, promotions are not entirely based on leadership, performance and accomplishments. Relationships seem to be more important.
Excellent people just a rough schedule.
Courier (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MISeptember 19, 2017
Working for FedEx as a delivery driver has been a great experience. You build strong relationships with the people you work with and for. Management has always been great about answering any questions and they will usually do what they can for you if you have a request. The only down side is the work life balance. Working days isn't bad but working evenings pretty much prevents much free time.
Not the best
Courier (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCSeptember 19, 2017
Needs better management and the place would be a good place to work. If they appreciated the employees it would also be better. Holidays are very hectic. Not enough people to do the work. Management should listen to the advice give by the employees.
Bad
Always something new to experience everyday
Customer Consultant / Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2017
Don't know how I ended up having to do a review when all I'm doing is filling out a job application. So I'm really not trying to discuss things about Fedex at this time.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Horrible work hours.
Good for a part time job
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 18, 2017
I like working there but soon will be looking for another job. It's a great job for school students and it have great benefits. i recommend if you are looking for a part time job.
Friendly work environment.
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 17, 2017
The people in your work group are willing to work with you better adjust to the fast-paced work environment. Overall, the work load is not difficult. Employees must simply give their best effort everyday.
Pros
Health care benefits
Co-workers were fun and helped through the monotony of job
Team Lead, Assistant Deck Captain (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 15, 2017
Extremely fast paced and high intensity work place. Management never seemed to hold employees accountable or have the warehouse staffed with enough employees to prevent employees getting burned out.
Pros
Cheap benefits, paid time off, full-time job
Cons
understaffed, very low standards, not enough time to do the job
Quick no non-sense work life
Package Handler/Truck Yard Marshall (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 14, 2017
I've work the overnight shift during the up coming holidays. That means nothing except freight in freight out. They would never be enough workers(it seamed). But, in fact all the hiring is done before the holidays. So, Fed Ex is always ready to go. They say sometimes about how the job has to get done. That's how it was. It's not for a lot of people to work the low level freight moving aspect of the business. It's very strenuous. But, for people who muscle it out, it can be very rewarding. They are many opportunities waiting for those who pursue.
Pros
many good offering
Cons
quick pace of moving freight is not for everyone
hard work
Manager Outbound Operations (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 14, 2017
The work when starting at FedEx is very physical but the management encourages advancement. They will support an employee and help them transition into management.
Pros
great company
Cons
physically demanding and weather intensive work
Wonderful Company
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 14, 2017
I would unload the airplanes and load the cans (containers) to dollies to load the freight trucks. I learned how to properly lift with your legs and not with your back. I learned the different times zones that pilots go on. Workplace could be stressful depending on the role you play. The hardest part of the job was the graveyard hours.
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Fun work place
Material Hander (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 14, 2017
Relaxing fun place to work. Helps you with school, go promotions. Have the ability to travel the world and work around the world. You have the chance to different things about the company.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks Healthcare
It was an okay place to work
Material Handler/ Tug Operator-Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 14, 2017
I would have to say that FedEx Express is an alright place to work if you need money and work, but it is quite unorganized. Risk of injury is high because you have to worry about the mistakes that others could make.
Pros
Benefits and hired quickly
Cons
risk of injury, lack of organization, and management is bad
FED X was not a bad place to work
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 13, 2017
While at Fedx it was very busy all the time. I did learn to drive a tug and how to check freight in and out. The managers I work with were senior managers they did a great job on getting the freight to the air craft. One of the hardest part of my job was connecting cargo cans together during a rain storm. The most enjoyable part of the job was going to eat at the buffet they had.
Great Place to work
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CASeptember 13, 2017
But very hard to get onto Full time with this company . It super hard to become full time. After 4 yrs with this company and I still can't get onto full time . Other than that , it's a great company to work for
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
too hard to become full time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Express. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2