FedEx Ground Employee Reviews

Found 2,794 reviews matching the search
Fast Past Enviornment.
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MD 21740September 19, 2017
You have to be able to deal with the diversities of the working class people from all types of backgrounds regarding education, financial, and disibilities. Your experiencde their is based on how hard your willing to work and who you work for.
Pros
Great excerisie and benefits
Cons
Inconsistent work schedule and hours.
good for pt college students
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 19, 2017
good for pt college students, over the last three years FedEx Ground has improved transit times for more than half of the city-to-city shipping lanes we serve — so that you can get your shipments delivered sooner, be more competitive, improve your customer satisfaction and save money.
cool
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Emporia, VASeptember 19, 2017
It was an alright part time job managers were professional good working environment, stress free and laid back I would recommend this job to college kids
Great Benefits but the hours are terrible
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 19, 2017
Overall, not a bad place to work. The benefits are exceptional and the pay is decent. Unfortunately, the chances of making it to decent work hours are slim.
Pros
Good benefits, job security
Cons
Long hours, extremely physical labor
Very hot working environment
FedEx Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 18, 2017
Some of the managers are okay to work with
Fast paced work environment and very hot inside the place they need more fans to help cool the place
Overall I enjoyed my experience while employed there
Pros
Free food events, good workout
Cons
Hot, no breaks, no water fountain near working area, need more fans or coolers for employees
Excellent pay for the work you do
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Vandalia, OHSeptember 18, 2017
You typically unload packages from trailers. That's it, and they pay very decently. The packages weigh from basically nothing to almost 200 lbs. You get paid well, as well as benefits.
Temporary
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 18, 2017
FedEx Ground do provide opportunities to the communities but as a package handler my position was cut throat. I had a (ok) experience there but wasn't the best, met great co workers who had similar goals as i did. I only recommend this job to people for the simple fact of starting off somewhere intil more better opportunity doors open up.
Pros
Poweraide drinks
Cons
short breaks, not getting payed properly for the work they do.
Morale Building
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 18, 2017
Every week had a different theme.
Companies would pass out food and drinks
Awesome management though unorganized
Too many hours for too little pay, and no benefits
Pros
Independent work meet new people/customers
Cons
No benefits high hours low pay
Stressful work environment
Trainer / Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 18, 2017
Management team does not listen to employee's. They want you to move the packages from point a to point b as quickly as possible. They contradict what they say and do.
Worst job ever
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RISeptember 18, 2017
FedEx is a rip off. Staff works too hard, under paid, and hours suck.
I learned absolutely nothing working there. Worst job I ever had. lived on checks and couldn't save. Thanks for nothing FedEx. Worst job ever.
Fast pace, fun, paid to work out
PT Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, OHSeptember 18, 2017
Loved it, great coworkers, great management, pay is nice too! Excellent for college students. The hours I was able to continue with extra activities & pt job on the side.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lack of hours
Fun place to work for the pay, but don't expect anything more
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 18, 2017
Park in the parking lot, make sure you don't step on someone else's vomit on your way to the metal detectors. There you'll meet the security guard who assumes you're carrying liquid nitroglycerin in your water bottle and checks everything no matter how long you've known him.

You swipe your card to clock in.. "error".. you swipe again "error" do this about 10 times and you're now on the clock. Then you unload boxes until the whole trailer is unloaded or you Load boxes until the whole trailer is full. Finished? well you do it again, and again.. and again. When you finish a trailer and walk around looking for more work, there's always that one trailer and nobody is touching it. Do NOT go to that trailer and start messing with it, just pretend you didn't see it and move on.

You will learn to hate chewy dog food, trampolines, Jet boxes, walmart boxes, bellies, and the word "IC". When your manager mentions that word you hide and go somewhere else.

The highlight of your day is talking to your coworkers about how work sucks and then laughing at his misfortune about how bad he got screwed over with the "new" used car he overpaid for that weekend.

They have an "employee of the month" and a separate "package handler of the month" plaques on the wall. I wonder why they have a separate classification for package handlers. I'm sure they mean well by it.

You finish your day, clock out, go home.. and on the way home you'll realize you forgot to ask someone what time we're supposed to start the next day... and even if you did ask there's always a 50/50 chance they might
  more... have it wrong.. oh well screw it  less
Pros
They will probably hire you
Cons
You will probably quit
A good place to work
Data Entry/ Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Irondale, ALSeptember 17, 2017
It was a high energy fast paced job.Great for extra income and college students. I did data entry and some package handling.The management was good it was a fun atmosphere. It was definitely a job where you could get a good cardio workout.
Pros
Great part time job.
Cons
Very busy all the time.
Fast pace, manual labor, heavy lifting required
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Vandalia, OHSeptember 17, 2017
The job is very physical, fast paced and requires team work. A typical day at FedEx is continuous, heavy lifting of freight from semi truck trailers.
Pros
Team work is essential
Cons
Requires continuous heavy lifting, no room for advancement
Very competitive place
Stocker/Runner (Former Employee) –  Carson, CA 90746September 17, 2017
Working for FedEx is stressful at times depending on the position you have. If you are a driver you get paid per package but if you are a runner you get paid per day. now you never know the exact time you are going to be finish with the job.
Pros
Day goes by fast
Cons
very dangerous
Good Pay for stressful Backbreaking labor
FedEx Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 17, 2017
Don't really have fond memories of this job.

I would work as a package handler I would stand inside a delivery/moving truck at varying temperatures storing boxes of various sizes from into airtight walls or sometimes take the boxes out of the trucks onto the conveyor belts.
The managers were nice but didn't really help very much in making the job easier.
the fast paced environment was fine however after a while all the stress just got to me and eventually got me depressed.
Pay was nice though.
Pros
benefits, career advancements, payment
Cons
high turnover rate, high package rate (depending on the zone)
Fast paced factory workplace.
Ops Manager (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 17, 2017
A typical workplace consist of directing and aiding in the help of the package handlers to process and complete services for those using FedEx services to ship and deliver packages. Heavy lifting, constant movement, fast paced exercise like actions needed to complete the job.
Great Experience
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CASeptember 15, 2017
Could use better trained mangers & more structure as far as a hub overall. Lack of respect between managers doesn't slow for positive moral.
Fairfield Warehouse 5191 Fermi Dr
Pros
Great company on your Resume
Cons
Bad management
Productive and positive enviroment
Quality Assurance clerk (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Multitasking on a daily basis and would manage working under stress. I would dispatch FedEx drivers, Customer Service, Quality Assurance, Data Entry and Spread Sheets.
Pros
Discounts, Health, Dental, Vision insurance
Cons
N/a
This job was ok i learned how to be diligent
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  1121 w.cheyenneSeptember 15, 2017
I learned alot about being responsible for my work and to finish out what I started also I'm grateful for even learned to be reliable for my company and that's how you make it
Pros
The people were friendly
Cons
How they issued paychecks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx Ground. Our community is ready to answer.