FedEx Office Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,063 reviews matching the search
Well rounded and established corporation.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 17, 2016
This company has gone a long way to improve its self and adhere to current customer needs and demands. There are plenty of opportunities to advance within the company and is something that the management really seeks to help with its employees; by seeing all there individual potential and helping them go onto advancing themselves withing the company.
Pros
Great health benefit options, matching 401K options
Cons
Not alot of part time work options
Print Production Facility and Centralized Production Center
Project Lead Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMay 4, 2016
Center is open 24 hours and comprises of 3 shifts. Signs & Graphics Department is also located in the same facility. There are 2 Managers and 3 Assistant Managers throughout the facility. The job consists of managing print projects from other Centers and online print orders directly from the customer or organization.
Pros
Overtime available
Cons
Only 30 minute break and its an enclosed facility.
"Great Advancement Opportunities"
Senior Center Manager - Operations (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2016
Poor work life balance.
Pay as a Senior Center Manager will be below industry standard
Inconsistancy suporrt or lack there of from higher management
Lack of clear expectation
Pros
Pros -Easy to move up in company (too an extent), Interaction with a lot of people, Semi Tolerable work load, Potential overtime, Valuable production and Fast pace
Cons
Turn over is HUGE, Tenured people are important too, The revolving door is because experienced employees are extremly paid less, and are ignored when they try to redress the lack of balance., TrainingThere isn't a balance with the metric expectation and training.
A open environment for growth
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 3, 2016
Working at Fedex kinkos i must say my first few weeks was the hardest but i picked up on things very fast and i received a raise my second month working in the first location was working with in new York city. I moved to Norfolk,VA where i continue to be a production worker. I had many fun days at work, my manager made up fun games for us to received points to go towards a raise. There was always room for improvement.
Fedex Office Customer Service Rep.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 21, 2016
Fedex Office was your typical corporate company and job. My days would very drastically. Some days I would be doing only and all large format and others were assisting with customers. This was my very first job when I moved to Grand Rapids and was quite a learning experience. I considered this my starter job and in many aspects it was. Employee relationships were good and being able to work side by side with your manager was a perk.
Benefits
Cons
No consistent hours, Constant hour cuts, Job Security
Friendly environment, with extensive training, but low wages for the responsibilities they require of their employees.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CAMay 5, 2016
Low stress position within a high stress industry. Management is pleasant by lacks hr skills. Staffing at my location was low, even when fully staffed. Any time off for employees means the company leans hard on scheduled members, often with break violations.
Pros
Good Health Benefits
Cons
Low Wages, Staffing Issues
Secure company to work for
Lead Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 13, 2016
I have been with FedEx Office for 10 years because I find the company to be fair and concerned about the welfare of there employees. I will have to say the customers are my favorite part of my job. I all so enjoy the fact that tho my main duty is production I get to move about the center helping customer at the printing counter and in shipping.
Pros
My center manger shows his appreciation of our hard work with notes, doughnuts, pizza and with a thank you at the end of each shift.
Cons
I would have to say the biggest con is when co-workers quit with no notice, and we have to work short handed, I all so I'm tired of working a different schedule every week.
Great for the everyday student
Customer Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHApril 11, 2016
I love working at FedEx because this is the type of job where you learn something new everyday. The hardest part of my job is having to adjust my abilities to the time constraints of the customers. I enjoy getting a job done earlier than one expected, but running low on time is always a stressful part of any job.
Pros
good environment to be in with myself being a student
Cons
time constraints
Customer service shipping coordinator (Current Employee) –  Century City, CAFebruary 29, 2016
Receive/process orders for major motion pictures, television, film, music, high fashion and popular restaurant events. Work closely with Creative Artist Agency (C.A.A )accounts and shipping. Effectively manage inventory products, lamination, responsible for maintenance repairs for all Xerox ,Canon,Sony stations, fax machines, oversize print machines, and laminators.
Pros
benefits shipping all over the world
Cons
compensation
Great People
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  MOFebruary 23, 2016
The people I worked with daily are the ones who made it such a long stay for me. I have created many long lasting relationships with team members. The training is weak when it comes to actual job duties and 75% of management is not so good. The job work life balance is not good. The schedule changes weekly and can not plan anything without requesting off. The work is fun, exciting and challenging when there is work to do.
Pros
People, Benefits, Challenges
Cons
Work Life Balance and some of the Management team
workers make it fun
Print Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAApril 4, 2016
if you are a good leader, you'll get along with your coworkers which makes it fun
other than that, management has their heads up their a**, using money to renovate stores instead of spending it on employees

place sucks
full time is considered 30 hours
make you take one hour lunches
f that

plus the ppl coming in at entry level get paid more than the leads, thats BS
Great co-workers enjoyed working with the other drivers
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAMarch 11, 2016
Overall it was a good company. It can cause a little burnout and the Dispatch office was out of Texas. Dispatching from Texas to Maryland, DC and Va. drivers was not always a smooth process.
Pros
decent pay, and rapid room for advancement
Cons
did not have an office to perform my admin duties, had to stand up sometimes on a concrete floor to use the computer.
great job
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76123March 12, 2016
its a great job but for what you get paid is great its not enough to start a family on i got paid 12 an hour but this did take me two hole years but with time as long as you complete your job and learn you can get to the top of the chain of comand but its always best to stay below assistant manager as you have less responsabliy
Pros
pays well good benitits
Cons
other coworker can and will begin to drive you crazy
Great company
Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 14, 2016
FedEx Office is a great company to work for within the family of FedEx companies. The ability to learn about technology is great along with the wide variety of customer interactions give you the ability to handle a wide range of situations.
Pros
You are able to learn a variety of soft and hands on skills from entry level to management.
Cons
Work Life Balance for management positions in Field Operations is extremly hard to achieve.
Run, run fast!!!
Center Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 8, 2016
The manager I had was lacking at best. She would encourage lying to customers just to avoid taking responsibility if the company messed up.
The schedule constantly was changed and usually without notice.
If you enjoy being micromanaged you'll love working here. If you're work schedule shows you're off at 4pm you have no ability to clock out and leave. You must first ask permission. This is NOT the place for a professional adult. High school kid, perhaps. I don't regret leaving, especially not after the federal government indicted the company.
Pros
discount shipping
Cons
no insurance, poor management
Sales Position with a major player in the print industry
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  VAFebruary 1, 2016
At FedEx Office you work independently without being micromanaged while still having a sense of camaraderie with a tight knit team dispersed through a geographical region. Consultative selling through close client relationships is the key to success while gaining net new customers. The expectation to hit all of metric no matter state of your customers business can be tough but through proper coaching is always provided to support your shortcomings.
Pros
Independence, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Coworkers come up on their end can reflect poorly on you to the customer
Team work type job setting
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILFebruary 12, 2016
The best part of this job is the opportunity to work as part of a team and friendly customers. Often a store will create a family type atmosphere because you need to work closely with other team members which grows friendly professional relationships.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, job is challanging and changing constantly.
Cons
In office politics, but who doesn't have that right?
Great Company!
District Manager - Philadelphia, PA (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 3, 2016
Great team, good management and lots of opportunity to positively affect the customer experience. Most enjoyable was building teamwork and helping corporate and retail customers with their projects and deadlines.
Pros
Team and customer interaction
Cons
limited advancement opportunity limited number of next level positions
Awesome Workplace
CENTER CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 17, 2016
FedEx is a very reputable company, as a center consultant you will be doing a lot of consultations for shipping, production and other customer related questions. the main key here is to always pay attention to Detail and must be able to comply of what customer needs. the best thing about working for FedEx office is that they give you a lot of opportunities to get more hour and have fun while working, also get some extra cash by selling the product of the month. The hardest part of the job for me is using the computer software for editing files from the customer and setting up the files in a correct format and size that they want, even thought i didn't receive any proper tutorial to use this application i just learned it by experience

Overall FedEx is a Good Company to work with
Pros
Free lunch sometimes depends on the manager
Cons
Very productive workplace depending on where you are!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 11, 2016
A typical day at work varies depending on location. The compensation is above average for non-managerial employees. The most challenging part of working at Fedex (as a manager) is getting paid what you're worth. Like most jobs, I feel women get paid less than men and there are always some type of political movitves when hiring within.
The most enjoyable part of my job are the customers and of course some of the people I have worked with. I've been able to transfer within the company to various states, so I am thankful about that.
Pros
Discount on shipping, retail snacks, healthcare benefits!
Cons
Microcmanagers, some rude customers!