FedEx Office Employee Reviews

shipping coordinator
Shipping Center Coordinator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 27, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: training classes
I worked at FedEx Office for about a year in half. It was a great place to work. The worst part about the Job was the constant courses we had to take. I enjoyed the staff as well.
A great place to learn and improvise.
Center Lead Consultant (Current Employee), Washington, DCJuly 26, 2015
Pros: always learning, opportunity for growth
Cons: sometimes don't get a chance to take breaks because of business flow.
There is a constant stream of different individuals with varying needs that come to me to help them to achieve their goal.
Fast Pace Environment
Production Specialist (Current Employee), Commerce, CAJuly 25, 2015
If you are looking to work with a great company, Then fedex office is for you!!! Great opportunities and always room for growth.
Fast-paced and high stress work environment
Center Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Supportive co-workers, team effort mentality
Cons: Ever changing schedules, lack of development for team members who want to be promoted
Job itself isn't too hard, just really busy. Training and development is lacking in the company as far as trying to advance to a higher position. Most of the time shifts are spent dealing with impatient and rude customers, which can make it hard at times to deal with when you deal with them constantly. My manager in particular doesn't post schedules up with enough advance notice in order for us to plan our lives and often schedules employees when they request off. Co-workers are great and supportive, which is probably the biggest benefit to having a job like this.
You are in control
Courier PUD (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 22, 2015
Pros: You are your own boss
Cons: short breaks, crazy road drivers
I have no manager breathing down my neck, which is the best way to work. I feel more comfortable going in to work each day. I clock in, check my routes, load my work truck and hit the road. My day starts at 7am and ends around 3pm. Fairly easy job to work with. I enjoy not being stuck in one place all day for work.
Very unique work industry
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Santa Clarita, CAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Very diverse customer base. Everyone needs copies.
Cons: Conflicting perceptions from corporate to bottom end.
Working at FedEx Office was a very unique experience. A typical day consists of assisting and facilitating the needs of printing and shipping customers. On the shipping end, our goal was to provide packing services and consult with customers in regards to delivery time and package quality. On the printing side, TM's would consult with customers on paper quality and finishing options. The biggest challenge in the career was keeping the customer and team members happy in an ever changing environment.
fun workplace
consaltant (Current Employee), mdJuly 19, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: short breaks
Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. Fun work place with supportive management
Great Job But It Can Be A Pain To Advance
Center Consultant (Former Employee), Frisco, TXJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Fun job, some freedom, doesn't feel like a typical customer service job
Cons: 30 min lunches, a pain to advance, corporate can sometimes be constricting
This is one of the jobs I enjoyed for a decent amount of time. My manager especially was very patient. I loved this job to begin with because it gave you a certain amount of freedom and that is what I love about a job. I don't mean "freedom" as a justification to be lazy, but to give you the space to enjoy yourself during the quiet times. But as I worked there longer, we lost assistant managers, gained – more... assistant managers as well as a new regional manager who expected more from us. Suddenly there were more rules then we ever had, and one of the new AMs, I had a real difficulty getting along with. But that was my experience with the store I worked at, which was one of the largest in the area, which meant that corporate expected more from us. Most Fedex Office's are fairly small, so I doubt the same thing would happen.

The biggest issue I've noticed at FedEx Office is how difficult it seems to be to advance. You have to start out as a Center Consultant, and then become a Lead Consultant, then you have to become an Assistant Manager, then Manager. The problem is because LCs and AMs can stay on for a long time, so typically to get a promotion, you have to transfer to another store that needs those positions. – less
Great learning Experience
Center Consultant (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 18, 2015
I like the staff, and it can be a friendly work environment. Defiantly a very productive company that does well. Much experience to be gained by working here.
Great Morale plenty of incentives
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Great incentives and customer satisfaction
Cons: long hours sometimes
Working at Fedex was very exciting and challenging the morale of my team members were excellent it was outstanding to help customers who were not sure what they needed when they came in to the store and we were able to create something that they were extremely proud of and it would make them look good to their peers. Some days were very challenging because of deadlines when people had last minute projects, but at the same time it was very rewarding when we met the challenge and to see the amazement on their faces because they thought it was impossible.
enjoyed working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAJuly 15, 2015
learned a lot here like.
Provided excellent customer service.
Take customer orders, giving pricing information, performs consultative selling to customers, and explains the benefits of digital printing technology to customers.
• Performs multiple tasks at the same time, using automatic equipment capabilities.
• Produces work in accordance to pre-established priorities of customer projects.
• Follows copying protocol (copyright law, confidentiality, and careful handling of original documents).
• Trained new hired employees.
Fast paced and fun
Lead Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Tampa,FLJuly 14, 2015
Where else can you combine printing, shipping, packing and digital technical skills in a perfect cohesive mold. It is fun, exciting and never a dull moment.
Fast pace and productive
Center Consultant (Former Employee), AtlantaJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Good pay and many hours available
Cons: Mangement not on same page
This job will always keep you on your feet. This job is very teaches great tools that u can keep and take with you yo use in your daily life.
ok company to work for,
Center Consultant (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJuly 10, 2015
Pros: the people, and the pay
Cons: didn't agree with family leave/disability
the people working there were very fun.the services they offer were great, the pay was very well. i didnt agree that i was laid off during my maternity/disabilty leave.
Quick summary
Printing Consultant (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Great learning experience
Cons: Working alone
I work alone on the third shift, so I go in at 10pm and help the 2nd shift clean up so they can go home. The rest of the night I finish producing orders that came in earlier that day while helping customers that come in at night. I then make sure the store is clean and ready for 1st shift when they come in.
Production and Shipping at FedEx Office
Center Consultant (Current Employee), Maplewood, MNJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Fast paced, production is fun
Cons: Not fully staffed, can get overworked quickly
A typical day includes the afternoon shipping rush where customers try to make the deadlines before ground and express go out for the evening. After the rush is when I mainly focus on production design where I get to view job tickets and begin creating projects for customers. I've learned a lot about how to utilize software from Adobe Acrobat along with our company software systems. I find it very – more... fun to do this portion of the job because I like to work with computers. Management is good and they have their hands full since the job center can be pretty busy at all times. My co-workers are also very hardworking and I work well with them. They were most helpful during my initial training and are always happy to answer any questions I had/have. The hardest part of the job is when we get rushed due to the lack of employees, this makes it difficult for us to help every customer quickly because many require help that may take some time. The most enjoyable is when customers walk away happy due to either my customer service or how satisfied they were with the quality of the job that I completed for them. – less
Productive environment
Center Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2015
Always busy, yet a bit unorganized due to change in management.Lost a lot of long time employees due to that change. Decent company to work for however.
FedEx Office Experts
Center Consultant (Former Employee), Anaheim Hills, CAJuly 6, 2015
Fine tuned on being knowledgeable in all of the services the company provides which include; shipping, print, and signs & graphics. Uphold the highest standards in association to opening and closing business procedures. Quick to provide a positive and productive experience for every customer as soon as they enter the facility. Consistently the top in the store for positive customer feedback. Effectively – more... record customer orders; coordinate team members to complete required tasks and print jobs; provide pricing details; recommend appropriate company affiliated products and services; attention to detail for complex orders; operate advanced equipment that requires on site knowledge and expertise; manage, monitor, and facilitate all in- store processes. Utilize consultative skills to anticipate individuals needs, suggest alternatives and provide solutions to colleagues and customers. – less
Low wages, Hardwork, no employee appreciation
Center Consultant (Current Employee), FriscoJuly 5, 2015
Pros: There are none
Cons: Lack of employee motivation and advacement
Low pay and no incentives. Benefits are low grade. Management not really concerned about low staff. hardest part of job is dealing with many angry and demanding customers.
The workplace is fast paced and quality demanding, hopscotch(optional)
Lead Consultant (Current Employee), Chino, CAJuly 1, 2015
Build relationships through consultative sales
Cross-train team members
The hardest part of my day is saying no to customers.