FedEx
7,076 reviews

FedEx United States Employee Reviews

Established, payed well and company barbeques
CDL A Truck Driver (Former Employee), Whittier, CAApril 17, 2015
Pros: Good pay, established company
Cons: Away from home, twelve to fifteen hour shifts and 12 hour driving time.
Schedule rigid company, fellow workers friendly, very helpful, equipment was above average to very good and mangers were very fair.
Productive and Fun
Handler (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 17, 2015
FedEx is a great place to work. Good benefits, great pay, the time schedule and the managers are tolerable. The people are not half bad.
Enjoyed meeting people
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Carol Stream, ILApril 17, 2015
Pros: free breakfast and sometimes lunch
Cons: when it gets night very hard to see the addresses
although I worked in all types of weather I enjoy working in an environment where it was your safety 1st. I delivery my packages at a timely matter and greet everyone with a smile.
It has been a while
Account Partner (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 16, 2015
This was a great job. It has been a while since I have worked there so I don't know how the company is now. There was a lot of flexibility and great staff.
excellent job!
Courier (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 16, 2015
I really enjoyed waking up and going to work every day because I knew there was some challenging deliveries that I would face and was up for the task.
Worst place to work
Package Handler (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 16, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Everything
Load/ unload Packages on/ off trucks. Management micro manages all subordinates even belittle coworkers in the group huddles before the sort begins. Co-workers were great. Hardest part of the job was showing up. Did not enjoy any part of the job.
easy to get a job here
Package Handler (Current Employee), Irving, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: very hot in the summer
i have to lift packages and be responsible in safety ways. bosses and coworkers are super friendly. they offered flexible hours.
Fed Ex is a very fast pace hard working job
Package handler (Former Employee), Johnston, RIApril 16, 2015
Pros: very good cash flow
Cons: Employers will want you to go faster and faster
typically you go in sign in and go to your assigned station whether its loading or unloading scanning everyone in Fed Ex are very nice people, the only thing that Fed Ex employers are looking for is speed and honestly thats all your being paid for if your not fast than you should be working in Fed Ex
good place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee), Des Plaines, ILApril 16, 2015
Pros: joyful
Cons: cold weather
being a forklift operator and loading and unloading truck was a blast had fun doing it, I enjoyed the people and the job of loading freight
Great Company
Sr ECO Import Coordinator (Current Employee), Memphis, TNApril 16, 2015
I love working for FedEx Trade Network. Its a Monday through Friday job. My co-workers are great, they help get through the work day, they don't mind helping if you don't understand certain things. I get to enteract with my customer over seas through phone, fax, and email.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Package Handler (Current Employee), Brockton, MAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Health insurance Discounts everywhere and more
Cons: waking up too early
The most enjoyable part is that I work the overnight so I still got time to work a second job and spend time with my family during the day
FedEx requires improvement
World Wide Shipping and Sales Agent (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Employed by a company with an established Brand Name
Cons: Employed by a company with criplingly strict vertical hierarchy
As a rule my responsibility was stimulating and gratifying but compensation was predicated not upon performance but seniority. A typical day involved resolving issues and solving problems.
What I learned was Junior management as a rule was not very educated, tasked with playing a babysitting role, and too often intimidated by employees with leadership ambition / potential and also by Senior management. Junior management was subservient to Senior management to the point of fawning.
I also realized that discontinuing annual employee evaluations was a ruse to more easily justify termination and minimize wage increases and most regretfully that I could not rely on management honoring its word.
One's progress was often determined by one's manager's personal preference, not one's performance. Questioning Junior management's reliance upon personal preference or compatibility was an exercise in futility or worse because HR was in Jr. and Sr. management's back pocket.
The position was often challenging and difficult but in a rewarding not distasteful sense. What was frustrating was being restricted to offering customers a limited number of FedEx services and knowing that my manager had never held my position, I could meet and surpass the responsibilities of my position much more consistently than my manager and that my manager's role was not that of a mentor but a baby sitter.
The most enjoyable part of the job was assuming responsibility and taking ownership of the issues that arose, which is why the position should have been a salary, not hourly position.
I can well understand – more... and would not dispute why some FedEx employee's are satisfied, if not pleased to work for FedEx, but FedEx definitely requires improvement and, I am saddened to write, would require even more improvement were it not for the standards and concessions UPS union membership have achieved because UPS management must negotiate with each employee as a member of a union which affords employee's more commitment and transparency. I would have voted against FedEx employees unionizing before but not now. – less
unloading trucks
Package Handler (Former Employee), Richfield, OHApril 15, 2015
5 hour shift every night. great working with my co workers there we all put in great team work , unloading trucks and also loaded it.
Excellent place to work w/ knowledgable staff
Courier Driver/handler DOT (Former Employee), Seaford, DEApril 15, 2015
Scanning packages before loading onto truck, always double check your self . Management will always assist you if needed. most co-workers are helpful fore the team. Nothing hard about this job at all. Knowing the costumers are happy!.
This is a great place to work!!
TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee), Memphis TNApril 15, 2015
Pros: Pay benefits co-workers
Cons: None
I loved working for FedEx. Started out part time (temporary) unloading planes at the Super Hub during Christmas. Made full time employee two years later and worked my way up the ladder to a great job. Fantastic benefits, management and co-workers. Wish now that I hadn't retired at twenty five years there.
great benefits
Courier (Former Employee), Emeryville, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: great benefits, good co-workers, and supportive management
Cons: occasionally feeling overwhelmed by the amount of deliveries and/or pick ups on schedule
Typical day as a courier consisted of inspecting my vehicle for road worthiness. Scanning and loading packages,and letters for delivery. Delivering and picking up packages and letters. I learned how to prioritize and manage my time. Management was supportive and helpful. My co-workers were also helpful , for the most part. The hardest part of my job was traffic and people that didn't have good driving skills. The most enjoyable part was delivering packages, like flowers, and seeing the joy that the receivers felt.
Great place
Senior Technical Analyst - Information Security (Former Employee), Collierville, TNApril 15, 2015
Excellent place to work, staff very helpful. Great on the job training, very good culture.. Very diverse and open culture
Fed Ex
Package Handler (Former Employee), Norcross, GAApril 15, 2015
Start work 4 in the morning unloading freight trucks. Once all trucks are unloaded, you are then relocated to the sorting area and sort each package to its destination. Once that is done you clock out.
Production
Parcel Assistant (Former Employee), Belleville, MIApril 15, 2015
Fast-paced environment, new experience. Enjoyed it overall. Hours were convenient, and safety was a must. I would definitely consider employment with this company in the nearby future.
A great place to work.
Senior Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: Nice people to work with.
Cons: Long commute.
Good place to work, just time to move on. I want to move to Arizona. My wife and granddaughter live there. I will miss it at FedEx. Busy work
environment. All equipment provided except for your own tools. I've been there 15 years and looking to do something different. The most enjoyment is the men and women I work with.

1 2 3 4 5

About FedEx

FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete – Read more

FedEx Salaries