FedEx Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,167 reviews matching the search
FedEx is a company that is on the move and always expanding.
Hazardous Waste Associate (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 25, 2016
A typical day never lacks for a challenge; each day brings a new one. Due with the job duties and responsibilities, there is always something new to learn regarding the federal regulations that pertain to this position.The manager and my co-workers are all wonderful people to work for and with; there is a family-like environment. The hardest part of the job are having to deal major incidents, the most enjoyable is having the satisfaction of doing the job well.
Pros
Safe work environment
Cons
None come to mind
need better mgrs,and training
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJuly 30, 2016
I had the worst opportunity the whole time I was there,employees and mgrs were not concerned about other employees rights and wellbeing only about getting the freight out,the promotions were slow and too competetive, no room for fulltime jobs cause to many people bidding on same job no future just hard work and small raises.Too stressful an environment ,too many bad attitudes,and disrepecting co-workers.
Pros
benefits were good but you definitely earned them
Cons
wished we could all get along and worked together better
Warehouse
Customer Service / Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 28, 2016
•Worked in the warehouse handling packages, and made sure all packages were delivered successfully.
•Cross – trained in Customer Service Center to Anticipate customer needs, suggest alternatives, and find solutions to meet customer requests.
•Handled phone and in-person queries.
•Ensured all problems were resolved quickly and to satisfaction of customer. Worked with minimal supervision.
Pros
Busy work that made time go by faster
Cons
not alot of hours
Good company, mid level management at Indy is weak.
Manager, Hub operations (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 11, 2016
Best company I ever worked for. Culture at the Indy hub has changed and the environment is very cutthroat. Upper management is rarely available and some are out right incompetent. Teamwork is gone, and this used to be a facility that was the envy of the company. They ran 400 employees short just so they could hit their profit goals, grinding the front line employees to a frassle. Very high turnover rate in front line employees and in management.
Pros
Exciting work
Cons
Horrible executive management
Great set hours.
Fedex Tech Connect Repair (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 22, 2016
FedEx Tech Connect was a great place to work, a typical work day included completing 8 units a day or more, longing parts into a computer. I learned ALOT of troubleshooting skills, Management wasn't so great, its like you don't even have a manager, never walks the floor to check on worker, never is able to talk to him about things going on in the work place because hes never around. People are very nice. Nothing hard about the job at all. The hours are great 6am- 2:30pm. EVERYDAY. Overtime is offered. WEEKENDS and HOLIDAYS off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Bad Mangement
Productive and efficent job with good people skills
Partial load assitant (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJuly 29, 2016
I will clock in using my id 5 minutes early so we could do stretches. After my stretches we were told how much packages to expect and how much there could be more. We would then proceed to our workstations and then begin our assigned task. for loaders and unloaders we will help others when our stations were slow. the management was always out on the floor making sure we were being productive yet safe. I learned how to efficiently and quickly load a trailer. The hardest part was there was no set end time and each outbound trailer varied on how much it gets. Most enjoyable was that it fit my lifestyle, I am a night time person and enjoy night time shifts.
Service Assurance Manager
SERVICE ASSURANCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  IlliniosJuly 31, 2016
Start early to begin my work day without rushing.
Answer emails
Running shipping reports.
Send out shipping compliance reports to the Midwest Region.
Work with customers on any damage pack and ship claims.
Conference calls with the Midwest Region FedEx Office Center Managers.
Visited FedEx Office centers to perform center visits (Checking to make sure all company policies and procedures were in place correctly).
Attending some meetings.
Very demanding
Delivery Truck driver (Former Employee) –  La Grange, ILAugust 17, 2016
I enjoyed the job because i was making the most money ive ever made. I was also working alot of hours and only enjoying my weekends. Its not a 9 to 5 its sometimes a 8 to 7 but it was even worse at the beginning when i was being trained. Its salaried so if you get home at 9 or 8 you getting paid the same as if you get home 5 or 6. I was working in busy part of chicago so the work load was very demanding but there were days i enjoyed scenery and food the city had to offer. I sometimes avoided taking breaks if i was swamped with work.
Pros
Good food, nice people, pay
Cons
Hours, work load, rude customers
Good workplace
Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 4, 2016
Stable job, lower pay, management is only concerned about what is right in front of them. Resolving root cause challenges were not a priority for this company. Don't expect change in the company, or organization and don't try to advocate for it or you will be sorely disappointed. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. This is FedEx Trade Networks for sure. The people were wonderful and I miss them every single day but low pay and decreasing benefits don't help pay down college debt.

There is definitely a culture of, "we do it this way because..." and it makes absolutely no sense in todays world. Back 30 years ago that reasoning would have worked but not today.
Challenging place to work with great benefits
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAAugust 9, 2016
Great place to work if your hard-working. A typical day would consist of load 1,000-1,500 packages on to a delivery truck. What I learned most is the importance of team work. Having to load that high volume of packages, required most of the time everybody pitching in to successful complete to sort. The most enjoyable part about being a Package Handler at FedEx was looking back on you work and seeing how you where successful at loading your truck as well as your co-workers truck
Pros
Benefits, hours, pay
Cons
Weather
Fast Paced work environment
DOCK WORKER (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 19, 2016
• Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including but not limited to: forklift, pallet jack and hand truck. • Verify documentation matches freight description (e.g. type, weight, hazardous materials), using current electronic or manual system. • Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies (e.g. pallets, straps, rope) • Recoup/repair damaged freight when necessary. • Verify and complete required documentation and reports. • Assist customers with freight and freight documentation as needed. • Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures. • Perform other duties as required.
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 20, 2016
It was nice being outdoors and alone working at your own pace.
Management was horrible. Broke a finger on the job and had no coverage. Was told I had to finish. Knee gave out and couldn't walk and they just laughed and said I would be fine.
No chances of advancement.
Working 60+ hours per week.
No OT pay.
No Benefits.
No PTO.
Only payed for what is delivered, not for time worked.
Typical day was get to work at 6am load truck till about 9-930 am (not paid for this time) Then deliver your route done by around 6-8pm daily. No time to stop for lunch or use a restroom. Was told to use a bottle and keep going.
Truck had no speedometer, no ac.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
No breaks, No benefits, Long days with little pay
Great Job but very Political when it comes to promotion.
Dockworker (Current Employee) –  Romulus, MIJuly 18, 2016
The job is easy to do but there are not enough hours and management doesn't work with employees to get more hours. As far as promotion goes, management says its based on seniority but its really about whoever has the closer connection to management. So no matter how great of a worker you are, if you don't have any connections in management you will never be promoted.
Pros
Great Benifits
Cons
No hours and management doesnt care to give more hours
Productive and fast paced job
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Lorton, VAJuly 11, 2016
Typical day of work conists of checking the scan report as well as the bulk report. Scan report shows how well you scanned the previous day at work while the bulk tells you how many packages you have coming to each designated truck. The fact that you get these reports allows you to know what you need to improve on and also makes you consider new ways to better your percentages. Management is always around if any assistance is needed, the hardest part of the job is picking up the slack of others who don't care to help out. The most enjoyable part of the week is when we are rewarded for our hard work.
Pros
Free beverages and snacks, sometimes cookouts
Cons
early start time, no break
great Job in a fast pace environment
OPERATIONAL SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 13, 2016
FedEx freight is a high paying job in a fast pace environment. The company is striving to improve management. The way they engage in conversation with people needs to change, as far as speaking down to employees and also making people feel as though they care when they really do not.
Pros
very high paying job with good benifits
Cons
not worth the money, to much time away from family and disrespectful people in management.
Process improvement culture is well established
Sr. Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 8, 2016
A typical day at work involves consultation with co-workers on technical matters related to current projects. What I learned from those interactions served as guideline for personal and group problem solutions.
The hardest part of the job is labor standard. The most enjoyable is training sessions.
Pros
Workshops and lunches
Cons
Many hours spent doing time studies and analyzing the result of those studies
Fun at first then it gets boring later
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  City of Industry, CAJuly 14, 2016
It was fun when I first started but now I don't see it the same. It is very hard to move up they promote as if moving up in the company is very easy and just work hard and you will get there??? I have been working there for a year and 2 months I have applied for just a simple office administrative position for almost 6 months not once have I had an interview or a call back and yet I have the experience that fits the requirements its like they want to keep me in that warehouse forever. they play favorites on who they want to move up or for employee of the month but yet what job doesn't do that? All I know is that they need to change their ways.
Pros
Paid great money, benefits
Cons
No growth, working their is a competition, it is exhausting
Depends on the route.
Home Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hutchins, TXJuly 24, 2016
Depending on the contractor and route you signed with, you can have the best or worse experience from the job itself. Working for FedEx Ground you WILL NOT have any benefits, not even discounts at other FedEx branches. Now some of the routes are great, you can knock stops in no time. And other routes are terrible where no matter how you plot your stops you're in for a long day.
Pros
Work at your own paste.
Cons
NO BENEFITS, Depend on route
Around 6 years of expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software analysis, Software Quality Assurance Testing of Web,Windows, Web Servi
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 5, 2016
QA Analyst
• Gathered specifications and requirements to develop Test Plans and to create Test Cases using Quality Center.
• Upgraded automation test ware from mercury suite version 10 to 11 including HP-QC ALM, UFT 11.5.
• Participated in the detailed requirements discussions with SME and coordinating with business users and technical team and track the development, testing and deployment status of each requirement.
• Involved in executing all Selenium test scripts on the different browsers and checked for compatibility.
Fast paced environment, with heavy focus on customer service.
General Manager, Contracted Fleet Operations (Current Employee) –  Florida Panhandle RegionJuly 2, 2016
FedEx Contracts carry the national name recognition of the FedEx brand, along with the ability to self-manage business operations for your own fleet. Business volume and inventory are provided directly by FedEx Corporation and annual business volumes increase at a steady annual rate of 3 to 5 percent. Margins are consistently in the 22 to 26% range. Forecasted outlook for this business sector is excellent and growth potential is very high, with a relatively low barrier to entry.
Pros
Guaranteed daily inventory volume.
Cons
Internal station politics and relations can be tenuous or unfavorable to the contractor, with little to no recourse

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx. Our community is ready to answer.