FedEx Employee Reviews in United States

Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 28, 2016
Horible manegment skills
Great Benifits
Horrible hours
Hardest part of my job is dealing with the mangers
Most enjoybale day is when im getting off
A fast pace working environment that recognizes your hard work from time to time.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 28, 2016
I enjoyed my experience here for the most part. It allowed me to get great work experience for over two years, with two employee of the month certificates. I worked my tail off for them while being fast paced for over two year's. But it did have flaws of course like everything else does. It felt like I wasn't getting paid enough to drive that far away and work super hard for not enough money with it just being part time. if it was full time then thatd be a different story.
Pros
to far away, no breaks, no lunch breaks, not enough weekly money
Cons
only get rest room breaks/drink breaks, dont treat their workers fairly i dont think, management needs more communication
fun and easy
Parcel Sorter (Former Employee) –  Belleville, MIJune 28, 2016
A regular day at FedEx consists of clocking in, getting assigned a line to be on, sort packages, and wrap pallets. this is done repetitively until your shift is over.
Cons
you are limited the amount of hours you can work
geting up preparing for shift
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 28, 2016
very easygoing, set goals for myself everyday, help out co-workers if needed finish work in timely manner. the hardest part is working with a oversize loaded truck. I enjoy building up chemistry with teammates, so we can learn from each others strengths.
Pros
benefits raise within 5 months
Cons
short hours early mornings
Good company to work at
Regional Manager Air ops division (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 28, 2016
Good company to work for. Plenty of opportunities for advancement if willing to relocate. Management positions can be very rewarding if you can manage stress and multiple assignments. Good benefits and retirement plan.
Back breaking work with great benefits
Parcel Sort Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJune 28, 2016
Describing this job is hard since every employee is expected to do so much on every shift. The benefits are amazing and rewarding after working there for 1000 hours. There's no air conditioning or heating so be prepared to freeze in the winter and sweat in the summer. There's no breaks unless you are working 2 shifts, then you'd get a break in between the two. I don't recommend this job to anyone looking for a job filled with happy and enthusiastic workers.
Pros
Benefits after 1000 work hours, PTO, and job security
Cons
Managment, large daily workload, 4 hour shifts, non-climate controlled, and depressing environment
Fun and Fast Pasted
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 27, 2016
I love the crew I work with and everyone gets along. A typical work night is always fast pasted and sometime real long or short and sweet.
What i have learned from working at FedEx is be prompt and ready to work.
My co-workers are the reason i come to work.
The hardest part about my job is Lifting heavy things.
The most enjoyable part of working at my job is the Crew.
Fun, Honest, Entry Level Work
Parcel Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 27, 2016
I really enjoy my work at FedEx. It is good, honest work that pays well and has great benefits (from what I've heard).

The down side is that the hours are pretty infrequent and even as a full time employee I typically get about 30 hours a week (or less).

Other than that it is a really great environment and it pays really well for entry level work.
Pros
Periodic Raises, Benefits, Good Employee Incentives, Overtime During Busy Seasons
Cons
Long Breaks, Infrequent Breaks, Short Hours
Handling Boxes
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 26, 2016
Fed Ex is a great place to work part time for the extra cash. A great to get a early morning workout in then go to the other job.
Pros
Part time
Cons
Childish Management
Horrible
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis TNJune 26, 2016
It is extremely hot and exhausting,and the managers work you like a robot,when in fact we are humans who tire. They also dont give you breaks when they feel you dont need them. I would work 7-8 hours in the blazing heat with no break.
N/a
Sales (Former Employee) –  Hazard, KYJune 26, 2016
Did not work for the company long enough to really give a review. But I can tell you that the job can either be fast paced or the day can drag by very slow.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Good place to work part time.
Package handler (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 26, 2016
Can work anywhere from unloads trailers to sorting packages to loading two trucks up. Hardest part is everything has to be done in a certain time.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Short hours, everything is done in a certain time, can unload trailers by yourself.
I love it
Material Handler; loader (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 26, 2016
FedEx has a lot of opportunity; one of the best jobs I have ever had. It is a great part-time job as well with great benefits and the people are awesome!
great money for a workout if you can do the hours
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJune 25, 2016
if you can get on one of the daytime load/unloads (very unlikely) you should 1000% jump on this job if you are healthy and can handle some heavy lifting. other than that they are usually only hiring for the grave yard shift. and its extremely hard to pull off if your not a night owl.

also a con would be that the attendance is just plain laughable. i remember one day where almost FIFTEEN PEOPLE just straight up didn't show. and if you are working near the holidays its going to be a nightmare. the work load just gets unreasonably crazy

also fyi they dont actually drug test so. you know. Colorado.

and last but not least. for an entry level job the pay is amazingly good and you get weekends off.
Pros
weekends off, set hours, great pay for entry level, simple job only takes a few days to learn the ins and outs
Cons
graveyard shift, poor attendance, unfathomable workload around the hollidays
the world on time
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJune 25, 2016
Great job security
work life balance is okay but employees are not able to spend time with their family during christmas because of peak season
great managers
welcome change
solid company with great benefits
Great place to work,opportunity to grow with in company,great benefits
Dockworker/ Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 25, 2016
I love working here as it a great atmosphere and the pay is great as well as the benefits. Great part-time job. Very Flexible hours. Supervisors and management team care about their employees. Safety is a must here at FedEx.
incentive awards
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  PHX, AZJune 24, 2016
Worked here for a year and the pay rate was low. No raises ever. management was decent. I did get a few awards from them. This was a job through Revana/Teletech.
Pros
awards
Cons
never a raise
Good place for young aduts
Handler (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 24, 2016
If your looking for 40 plus hours a week, FedEx isn't the place for you to work. But they do have great benefits and education benefits.
Good Benefits
Courier (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 24, 2016
Ok to work without having a manager look over your shoulders, you're on your own most of the day as a driver. Good pay and benefits
fedex
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAJune 24, 2016
working at fedex has been a great experience. i loved working here! you meet a lot of amazing people and get to work in the airport. i love working with the feeder airplanes and the fact that i had the opportunity to be a load captain was a great experience.
benefits
Cons
hours vary