FedEx Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,064 reviews matching the search
Fast pace work environment. Had fun at times.
P&D Service Manager II (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMarch 12, 2016
Worked on average about ten hours a day, and even more during our peak season(November-February). A typical day was to check and re-scan all delivery trucks, and vans, for packages not delivered the day before. Help sort inbound packages to correct delivery trucks going out for delivery that day. Making sure delivery trucks and vans were under DOT regulations. Having business discussions about routes and drivers with contractors. Making sure everyone dispatch in a timely manner. Management was good. Had to do a lot of communication. The hardest part of the job is during peak season, having to go out a deliver myself, especially after coming to work at 5:30am and getting off at 9:00pm. I enjoyed developing a good working relationship with contractors and drivers. Learned how to function in a fast pace environment, and make quick, precise, decisions.
Pros
Had pot lucks, ocassional free lunches, and quarterly bonus and nice pay raises.
Cons
Being on salary and working long hours.
Very stable job with little or no opportunity for significant change
Risk Management (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 14, 2016
Stable job, lower pay, management is only concerned about what is right in front of them. Resolving root cause challenges were not a priority for this company. Don't expect change in the company, or organization and don't try to advocate for it or you will be sorely disappointed. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. This is FedEx Trade Networks for sure. The people were wonderful and I miss them every single day but low pay and decreasing benefits don't help pay down college debt.

There is definitely a culture of, "we do it this way because..." and it makes absolutely no sense in todays world. Back 30 years ago that reasoning would have worked but not today.
Pros
The people in the company are wonderful
Cons
Decreasing benefits and low pay for job position relative to other companies
Fast-Paced, Great Opportunities and Benefits
Package Handler/Sorter (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 28, 2016
I begin work at Federal Express in July of 2015. I was brought on as a package handler. I sort through expedited freight that is both large, small, and in between. My managers have been very supportive and helpful. I feel like there could be better lines of communication between management and employees. The culture is very positive; their are many people who have worked at FedEx for decades and are very comfortable and happy within the company. The benefits are wonderful and one of the main reasons I sought employment with FedEx.
Pros
Fast-paced, time moves quickly, room for advancement.
Cons
Disorganized management and gaps in communication.
coming into work was a workout that you felt for weeks
FedEx Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Linthicum Heights, MDMarch 21, 2016
everyday I punch in the first thing I made sure I did was strength . It was only part time but it was never a easy four hours. I learned if you don't stretch before picking up constant weight for hours your body was going to be in pain. Management was cool and helpful but that didn't help my body from being soar everyday. My coworkers help my day go by fast because of their unique personality kept my mind of what we was doing but they wasn't a distraction and I still completed my duties at the end of the day.
Pros
benefits, a job career, wage
Cons
pain, fatigue, and not enough hours
Poor environment
City Driver (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 18, 2016
Fedex freight is a good job fast paced i had good experiences and bad experiences to sum it all up it's no job security they hire then fire. Fedex is desperately in need of a union the management don't care about the drivers they don't educate you on certain things then want to write you up on every little thing or terminate drivers. Not a good place for retirement their policies and rules too strict. Like i said they hire then fire so don't waist your time if i would have knew before applied i would never have worked for them its a waist of time its better jobs out there that treat there drivers better oh yea they dont like to take care of their equipment either so don't do it to yourself stay away from fedex.
Pros
wages holiday pay
Cons
management benefits
Uses intellegent people as stepping stools for unqualified co-workers to advance
Operations Admin - part time (Current Employee) –  Whitehall, ohioMarch 8, 2016
I learned that FedEx looks good on a resume because it is a growing company that has a very recognizable name but that the managers are more worried about hitting quotas for diversity than they are about actually developing their employees. After stepping up from a package handler, pay raises don't happen. Package Handlers start off with a higher salary than other positions when being a package handler is the entry level.
Pros
Almost impossible to get fired because of the terrible HR representitive.
Cons
After showing them you are intellegent, you become unqualified for any advancement
Productive and Fun Workplace. With a Ping Pong Table!
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Jamaica, NYApril 6, 2016
A typical day at work in fedex begins with coffee, stretches, and then its multiple hours of lifting, scanning, laughing, and teamwork. I've learned that just because you are at work, it doesn't mean that you still can't have fun. Coworkers are friendly and personable and they all understand that a team effort is needed in order to provide the customers with great sevice! Management keeps everyone well informed, and they are always trying to help with your best interest at heart. The hardest part of the job is the lifting.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits
Cons
Large Corporation; excellent benefits and training program. Needs a lot of improvement regarding management, communications, and employee morale.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2016
For the PT dockworker position, the day is very fast paced. Although you are working around about 30+ people, you must be very self-sufficient. Dock supervisors/management is usually very overwhelmed, yet there are many instances where everyone MUST go to them for guidance. Attendance needs to be near perfect for this job as well. The company offers excellent benefits, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement for PT employees. There is definitely an issue amongst supervisors/managers and their ability to communicate and lift morale. If you can deal with supervisor/manager gossip and condescension, then you will be fine with this job. Overall I enjoyed working for the actual company, but the location and politics of that seemed to be a big disappointment.
Pros
Excellent benefits: full health, dental, 401(k) available to PT employees.
Cons
Definite management issues amongst employees and management alike.
Great
Courier / sales (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCMarch 30, 2016
I've mastered the commitment of delivering and picking up packages along with providing exceptional customer service. FedEx couriers will assist customers face-to-face and over the telephone concerning packages and other FedEx services. All of the rules assigned by FedEx involving the vehicle, delivery and pickup method, and other FedEx services, are upheld by the courier at all times. We are constantly using computer peripheral devices to monitoring our time, deliveries and customer pick ups. Everyday we are under high levels of time management to complete the "Purple Promise".
Pros
benifits
Package delivery
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  IdahoMarch 25, 2016
FedEx Ground pays day pay with no benefits, unlike FedEx Express. So there is no overtime on long days either.

The typical day starts when the line haul truck gets there. Station personnel unload it onto a "belt" of rollers that the packages move down. Packages are pulled to the close side for the next driver down the line at each loading station. Packages are pushed to back of the belt that are intended for drivers down the line more than one or two positions. The packages are then loaded on the truck according to the area they are to come off the truck in. After the truck is loaded, the driver checks that all packages that were scanned into the station are either on the truck or held at the station. According to how many packages each area has the driver determines best route and then delivers packages.
Pros
It keeps me home. Some people are very happy to get their packages. The joy for them is satisfying.
Cons
As mentioned no benefits or overtime

Want to know more about FedEx?

Ask a question
Fedex Ground Is a Wonderful Place to work Although I felt that it was best for myself to Pursue a greater oppurtunity
Package Handler/Trainer (Former Employee) –  6120 South Meadows DriveMarch 11, 2016
I worked for the Fedex Ground family for approximately 1 year. My duty's were to be a package handler. Being a package handler assists with helping other crew members load boxes from weighing 15 lb to 200 lb. Although many weren't able to load and lift the incompatibles or I/C's i on the other hand could do to my hard work and heart to the company to continue to develop and pursue my desire of a leadership roll. My first two months I was the rising star employee month and before my early departure in january of 2016 i obtained my 3rd rising star award;I was awarded t-shirts for my success . unfortunately, I felt that it was a better choice for myself to pursue better a opportunity and embrace change.
Pros
Daily Workout, Mental Confidence enhancement, Friendly work environment, Health Care Benifits and Union Free
Cons
Generally Tough for many, Big Drop Rate of Employment, Anybody can work there, Occasional Management issues and mistreatment
Great place to work and be your own boss during the day.
Full-Time Courier (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MN 55420March 1, 2016
Fedex is a great company to work for. It's nice being on the road and being your own boss. You get to understand an area and meet some really cool people. Driving in the snow is not fun especially when it gets really busy. A typical day would be getting your paperwork and scanner. After that scanning your boxes and docs. Upload everything and do a pre trip. Start your route. You will have to do deliveries and pickups. I would say that it is pretty straight forward. If you ever need help with anything your co workers always can help. A lot of very friendly people at Fedex. Managers are very good about route planning and what to expect of each day.
Pros
Being your own boss, benefits, pay, and driving.
Cons
Winter driving conditions.
Great pay and benefits
Parcel Sort Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 21, 2016
I would have loved to stay at FedEx longer and would have until I found out I was expecting and a warehouse atmosphere and the work is not necessarily compatible for a pregnant woman. The management was very understanding and helped you whenever you needed it. The benefits and PTO was wonderful. The only negative thing I could say is the harsh conditions of loading trailers in the winter, it was very cold.
Pros
Great management, occasional free lunch, PTO, benefits, pay.
Cons
Cold conditions in the winter.
Solid company
Truck Driver/Courier (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 24, 2016
During the 28 years that I worked for FedEx Express the company evolved a great deal. FedEx Express was fun to work for during the early years. As with any business, competition made changes necessary on an ongoing basis. Changes in the economy had a big impact on FedEx. There were many more advancement opportunities in the early days as well. The work environment is very fast paced and high stress as you probably would expect.
Pros
Good pay and benefits.
Cons
Fast pace. High stress.
Fast paced and fun
Handler (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 31, 2016
Typical work day is about 4 or 5 hours depending on the amount of work. Download boxes to the belt, sort the boxes, scan the boxes, then stack boxes in cans to go on trucks or aircraft.

I've developed a better understanding of the process for mail and shipments to be sent from one location to another.

Management is great! Always open and friendly, and always willing to help you when they can.

Co-workers for the most part are friendly and have a good team work mentality.

Hardest part of the job is the lifting and moving of boxes.

Most enjoyable part of the job is you are able to laugh and have fun while you work.
Pros
good pay, good benefits
Cons
part time only but extra hours may be available
Great Benefits!!
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Middletown, PAFebruary 19, 2016
A typical day at FedEx Freight would probably be long, cold, and full of challenges.

I attend there people development classes witch helped me grow and become a better leader.

The management at FedEx Freight are inconsistent across the board.

I am a outgoing person so I get along with pretty much anyone and I will miss my co-workers if I were to resign.

The hardest part at FedEx Freight would definitely be working in different weather conditions.

The most enjoyable part of my job at FedEx Freight is working in a real diverse atmosphere.
Benefits
Cons
Abnormal shifts/Weather
Very excellent place to work
UNLOAD/OFFLOAD TEAM (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 22, 2016
FedEx Main Hub is an excellent place to work. I did not work in any of the sorting buildings, I was on a team unloading and loading the planes. Most of the positions are part-time, as I do not think they offer anymore full-time positions off the street. The biggest benefit of working there is that you're guaranteed 20hrs pay a week, but if you get on an offload team, you'll get 30-35hrs a week easy, and if you work for FedEx, you get full benefits! Highly recommend working here.
Pros
Full benefits for part-time employees, good working environment
Cons
no full-time positions off the street
Great workout and fun crew to work with
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Fort MillDecember 23, 2015
I have been employed there for over a year. Some days are better than others as with any other job. It can be fast paced and other days barely anything to do. When we have down time we just have fun. Working together as a team is a definite due to the workload. Frequent pay raises and once you get your hours in for benefits, the benefits are great. Also, there are a lot more perks that are offered thru FedEx. Management is pretty cool, lenient and understanding. You have to really just not want to work in order to get terminated. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the night shift hours and working peak. I never worked in a warehouse before but I actually enjoy it. There is room for growth and development, you just have to open your mouth and ask to be trained in different areas.
Pros
Benefits are amazing
Cons
Sometimes working short staffed
very busy, hard working group of people
Fed Ex Home Delivery/ delivery driver/contractor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOMarch 9, 2016
A typical day at work is very fast paced, once your truck is loaded and your on the road for delivery. Most everyone is pleasant and friendly.I learned that i am more capable than i knew under an extreme amount of stress. Most of my coworkers were good to work with. The hardest part was extreme weather conditions, specifically really hot weather or really cold winter with hazardous road conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job, was when the customer would thank you, and really appreciate your service.
Pros
no time clock to punch.
Cons
No benefits
Great work with major corporations
Business Development-Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAMarch 4, 2016
While it certainly helps to work for a company with leading edge technology, products, services, management, and compensation, the real reward is in developing and maintaining client relationships with decision-makers such as CEOs, COOS, CFOs, CIOs, and the like. Achieving a true win-win environment that helps meet the mutual objectives of your company and your client company is what separates average accomplishment with exceptional accomplishment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FedEx. Our community is ready to answer.