FedEx Employee Reviews

Found 10,304 reviews matching the search
Productive fun work place.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Irondale, ALAugust 24, 2016
On a typical work day we would work smart stay focus to accomplish our goals. I learned that handling a customer package with care an knowing its location was important and helpful towards our drivers. The management open door policy gave a comforting atmosphere. My co-workers were always helpful, we all loved our job. The most challenging part of it was being short and having to use extra tools to get the job done. I enjoyed working for a company that allowed me to grow and gain more professional skills.
Pros
great
Cons
Awesome place to start and end your career
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 12, 2016
FedEx has awesome opportunities for growth. They believe in investing in their people. Your desires can be met here in working with management and letting them know you goals. The coworkers are awesome and the environment overall is very positive. I would never have left this organization if I had not had to relocate.
Pros
Great benefits, awesome culture, great outreach programs, great pay and excellent security
Cons
Wouldn't recommend it a let down
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSAugust 24, 2016
This is a contracted job!

Job was fast paced and hard work for not enough money.
They expected you to unload packages by yourself that were heavier than your own weight.
Training was minimal & management never sit down and went over any their expectations or any benefits.
The management doesn't care about their people and not very organized! When I applied I agreed to working to specific days for a specific rate of pay, and they changed it after I was hired.

Only positive was they did have some nice people working for them.
Pros
Job fast paced
Cons
Not honest with employees! No breaks.
productive keep to yourself type of enviornment
Parcel Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Berlin, WIAugust 29, 2016
Fedex is not a bad place i actually really like it.the job is also one of those jobs where as its not for everyone. My only problem is that there is rarely an oportunity to become full time. I love the peak seasons,the pay, and the benifits. The only problem i have and ever had was the hours and the small window of oportunity to become a fulltime. sometimes you wonder if the pay rate is worth the the hours.
Pros
good hourly pay, great benifits, ok managers, no face to face with costomers
Cons
sometimes it can be hard to get hours, challenge to become full time
Great workplace with a nice breakroom
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2016
Everything about this company is perfect. Excellent co workers, a good productive management team and a fast paced environment. The hardest part about working with Fed Ex is all of the tests that we have to take to get certified for the position and to have more experience and learning more about the workplace as you continue to pursue. The most enjoyable part about it is listening to the company's radio provided to us while we work to get everything done in the correct way.
Not a difficult job itself, dealing with employees who do not have great work ethic is the most difficult part.
Dock Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 26, 2016
Routine transfer of freight from trailer to trailer for delivery, haven't learned anything I did not know before, multiple supervisors which makes management a bit difficult to deal with specially regarding communication, co-workers are just the to collect a check, very rare to see any that truly care. The hardest part is dealing with all the dust in the environment and the unmotivated employees. It is a fairly simple job and I enjoy the freedom they have with scheduling.
Pros
Benefits, flexible schedule, multiple locations
Cons
Dusty work environment, lack of employee motivation, little room for growth
Courier
Courier (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORSeptember 15, 2016
A typical day as a courier is that you will have to inspect your truck and then head out to your pickups/ deliveries. The job heavily emphasize on time, so you must work really fast in order to meet company standards. Management can be tough at times; however, if you work hard and give your best effort you will be fine. The most enjoyable part of the job is the freedom you get with the position; you are rarely supervised and it is very individually oriented.
Pros
benefits, working alone
Productive Workplace
Ticket Taker (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDAugust 28, 2016
A typical day at work includes checking in and starting immediately to work my ticket gate, I greet all the fans, get them pumped up for the games even If they're already excited, I am always told I am the politest and they love my spirit! My management trusts me to run my own gate, I help them whenever and whatever I can do, my co-workers are completely nice and helpful, we work as a team. The hardest part of the job is probably dealing with rude/drunk/disorderly fans, but It all comes with the job and I handle all situations correctly. The most enjoyable part is the rest of the job, I love it all and everything that comes with it.
Pros
Productive, Exciting, Constantly Moving, Meeting new people
productive and fun
Drivers Assistant/ Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 4, 2016
Typically each days starts the same way with a short meeting with our manager who keep things professional but also leaves room for every one to feel free to express their individuality.
We then do a light stretch before we begin our task on the sort belt.
the job is simple the hardest part is lifting boxes over the 70 pounds and as i learnt from my fellow co-workers,,always ask for help if i find things a bit heavy.
Just interacting with my fellow coworkers is most enjoyabe part of my job at fedex.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
heavy lifting
Fun seeing what all comes through FedEx
Operations coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNSeptember 9, 2016
Running the sort and entering statistics in computer. It was my first experience in management and learned how to communicate with customers and learn to take control of co-workers. I also took responsibility for the incorrect actions that may have happened. New manager above me wasn't good and would often try to be a friend rather than a boss. Hardest part of the job was the early hours, and the most enjoyable part was being in charge of around 30 people.
Pros
Being in control
Cons
Management above me
Productive work place and and very busy
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LASeptember 23, 2016
A typical day is being at work for 6:a.m. Tuesday thru Saturday and you have no set time to get off Its a very strenuous and busy environment,.very long hours. Co-workers are friendly as well as helpful. Tha hardest part of the job is lifting packages weighing 75 pounds are more with no help. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing your customers and enjoying maybe a brief conversation with them.
Pros
Being on your time.
Cons
Never when your going to make it home.
Not very clean in warehouse and definitely scorching hot, however pay was good
Cargo Handler (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 16, 2016
Enjoyed some of the people and also my supervisor. Fairly noisy people and my section so instead of working they would do a package every time 10 mins and ask personal questions until the supervisor would come down when we got backed up on the line ( mostly the front) . This company is great to its employees in everything they offer as along as your willing to put in a lot of hard work.
Pros
Food court in facility (pizza hut, kfc, etc.), awesome benefits, healthcare hours not long depending on shift and pay is great
Cons
Heavy lifting
Great work place with a few cons
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Troutdale, ORSeptember 19, 2016
A great place to work, but due to the way management works some people are required to pick up the slack of those who don't work hard enough. A typical day at work is pretty straight forward. We unload and load freight into trailers safely and without damaging the freight at our best ability. The hardest part of the job is the physical demand and the amount of freight we need to run, however it is a great job to stay active and learn how to push through difficult times like peak season and holidays.
Pros
Staying active, promised hours, enjoyable managers
Cons
good workers taken advantage of, dirty environment, multiple plans changed throughout shifts that effect everyone
Productive and fast paced.
Team Leader/Courier (Former Employee) –  Conover, NCSeptember 19, 2016
Lots of good people to work with. There is a big difference in Federal Express versus FedEx Ground. Federal Express was within the corporation and offered many great benefits and chances for advancement. The hardest part of the job was having to learn a new route or area but became easier as time went on. The most enjoyable part was my co-workers and getting to meet different people on a daily basis.
Pros
Excellent benefits and co-workers
Cons
Short breaks and timed work
my job in a nutshell
Courier (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312September 21, 2016
Working at fedex on a typical day is fast pace. Co-workers and I work together as a team everyday to get the work at hand done diligently. I have learned that working together as a team gets the job done better. Our management team are the best. They do their best to help through day to day trials and make our job easier. The hardest part of the job is keeping a cool head when we get bombarded with packages; We have alot of heavy days. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with ppl.
Pros
Fed ex has great benefits
Cons
not enough hours.
Great set hours.
Fedex Tech Connect Repair (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 22, 2016
FedEx Tech Connect was a great place to work, a typical work day included completing 8 units a day or more, longing parts into a computer. I learned ALOT of troubleshooting skills, Management wasn't so great, its like you don't even have a manager, never walks the floor to check on worker, never is able to talk to him about things going on in the work place because hes never around. People are very nice. Nothing hard about the job at all. The hours are great 6am- 2:30pm. EVERYDAY. Overtime is offered. WEEKENDS and HOLIDAYS off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Great Hours
Cons
Bad Mangement
Fast Paced work environment
DOCK WORKER (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 19, 2016
• Perform freight handling using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including but not limited to: forklift, pallet jack and hand truck. • Verify documentation matches freight description (e.g. type, weight, hazardous materials), using current electronic or manual system. • Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies (e.g. pallets, straps, rope) • Recoup/repair damaged freight when necessary. • Verify and complete required documentation and reports. • Assist customers with freight and freight documentation as needed. • Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures. • Perform other duties as required.
Very demanding
Delivery Truck driver (Former Employee) –  La Grange, ILAugust 17, 2016
I enjoyed the job because i was making the most money ive ever made. I was also working alot of hours and only enjoying my weekends. Its not a 9 to 5 its sometimes a 8 to 7 but it was even worse at the beginning when i was being trained. Its salaried so if you get home at 9 or 8 you getting paid the same as if you get home 5 or 6. I was working in busy part of chicago so the work load was very demanding but there were days i enjoyed scenery and food the city had to offer. I sometimes avoided taking breaks if i was swamped with work.
Pros
Good food, nice people, pay
Cons
Hours, work load, rude customers
horrible place to work
Courier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Norwich, CTSeptember 10, 2016
I was bullied continually through out my employment, management did nothing to help. I broke my leg and they said I didn't do it at work, denied my claim and I went without pay for 3 weeks. When I was out my medical benefits were not taken out and when I returned to duty they hit my check for 8 weeks leaving me with $100 a week. Terrible place to work. Management sucked, my co-workers sucked. I hated every day I went there
Pros
Cons
everything
Good job to have if you are under the right management
Lead Consultant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNSeptember 21, 2016
Working at Fedex Office taught me to learn even better organizational skills and how to be in a management position. With the position that I was given, I seen how different it can be to be on the the other side of the business world as far as being in charge and having to make decisions based on other obstacles and issues compared to how I would have to make decisions when being a regular team member.