FedEx
6,007 reviews

FedEx Employer Reviews

productive
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee), washington dcNovember 20, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: people
Come to work ready to get a job done. the people were cool the packages were many.
Productive, and a good part time work.
Package Handler (Former Employee), Beltsville, MDNovember 20, 2014
Pros: good part time work.
Cons: working grave yard shift can be challenging.
Come in and stretch before work, and when we're ready we wait until the packages come thru the belt, and we scan the packages and load the packages in to the trucks, according to how the drivers like for us to load them. I enjoyed this type of work but except the pay and the hours that we work. Because this part time job is a Grave yard shift, we have – more... to sleep during the day. and the pay wasn't as good, also because I was working part time. – less
Friendly place to work with
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 20, 2014
Enjoyed working here. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow your career
Hardworking productive environment
Package Handler (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Bedford Park, ILNovember 20, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: no breaks, seasonal
My co-workers where absolutely awesome it was just some of the managers that where not nice. I mean I drove along way for that job to get treated like dirt it really isn`t worth it. The hardest part of the job was lifting those heavy packages without any help and doing it at a speed of 350 I just couldn`t beat it.
Productive and Friendly Work Environment
Package Handler (Former Employee), Carol Stream, ILNovember 19, 2014
➢ A typical day at work is a five hour shift for loading and scanning packages on trucks.
➢The other co-workers on the job where friendly and productive and willing to help each other out.
you have to be able to work at a fast pace and independently
Package Handler (Former Employee), Hagerstown, MDNovember 19, 2014
I typical day at Fedex ground was standing in the back of a truck and loading it as full as I could, as fast as I could. It was hard work and a majority of the boxes were heavy. The pay was great for the amount of time you worked and there were opportunities to get raises, but you had to be able to "go the distance". The summer was extra hot and the – more... winter was extra cold. – less
Fedex is most definetely the job to do major work at!
Box Handler (Former Employee), Memphis, TNNovember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: weather
Fedex is really hot in the summer time and cold in the winter time. I like how they have these buses to take us to the area in which we were assigned to. Fedex is a very large business. They have many work areas doing different things. Some parts of the work areas come in earlier than others and some come in later. The hardest part of my job was loading – more... the trucks. When I first started it was very difficult and it was very hot. You have to have a lot of strength and you have to be motivated. – less
It's FedEx Ground
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Grayslake, ILNovember 18, 2014
I love this company and would recommend it to anyone. FedEx treats their employees well
My experience at Fed ex
unloader/sorter (Current Employee), columbus, GaNovember 18, 2014
I have learned a lot at this job. I have learned how important teamwork is to complete the tasks. I have improved exceptionally on my quality of work in conjunction with my quantity of work completed. The hardest part of the job is when we are short-handed, also, when there is an excessive amount of packages going out. The enjoyable part of the job – more... is knowing that I play an important role in the success of of company. I have also learned the importance of being a leader by seeing how our management steps in to help when the packages become backed up. My day at work consists of splitting packages to send down the belt to the correct location. I then proceed to scan packages to go in the truck as I load them in and organize. I have to go back and forth between loading my two trucks and to the belt to make sure my trucks receive all the correct packages. – less
Great place to work they take care of the employees.
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLNovember 18, 2014
A typical day is unloading the feeders which are the smaller planes and bringing the freight in to sort then waiting on the 727 to arrive with all the freight that has to go to the different areas near by then we unload sort and load the trucks.
Fast paced for the people who like a challenge
Handler (Former Employee), OaklandNovember 18, 2014
Its a great job that a lot of people will like especially with the pay/benefits. Friendly coworkers with a great management team.
It was a good place to work
Package Handler (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNNovember 18, 2014
Cons: did not get enough hours
I liked working there. I made some good friends there.
I made employee of the month one month.
I was good friends with management.
The hardest part was at the beginning, I just had to get used to lifting heavy boxes from the trucks.
A good place to work. You meet a lot of different people.
Material Handler/Offload (Current Employee), Memphis TnNovember 17, 2014
Pros: getting paid every week and being able to bid out to a different job if you get burned out.
Cons: having to work in the rain and cold.
I have worked for FedEx for two months and I am constantly going to classes learning. You get paid every week. My husband has been with the company for 13 years so I thought I would give it a try.
what i learned
Package Handler/Sorter, (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 17, 2014
I learned that safety at this job is important because a man died not following the rules of the job
Will do anything to Scan 100% of the packages
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 17, 2014
Pros: monthly cookout, great pay
Cons: hours, overnight shift
This job payed really well, had great benefits. But the only things were the overnight hours and the supervisors tried their hardest to stay in the office and let the workers maintain each other.
Long hours for cheap pay
Driver's Helper (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 17, 2014
Cons: long hours, no benefits.
lifting and loading and unloading. Learned nothing for the job, Management is okay. Hard bending over .
Bad News
Manager (Former Employee), Plano, TXNovember 17, 2014
I have been working at FedEx Office full-time for more than 5 years and in my opinion:

Cons-Lots of sick & vacation time with tenure but don't you dare try to use it.Constant change from corporate office, just when you finish the first round of needless tasks they change it again and you're forced to re-do your work.
Constant pressure & threats from – more... upper management.
Managers are expected to run stores 7 days per week open as late as 11pm with only themselves plus 3 team members (or less!). Imagine long lines and angry customers with you, the only team member on staff, responsible for *FedEx Shipping *Print Consultation *Helping customers in the self service area *Stocking and ordering retail items (yes we have to punch in a SKU for every item we need to order in our ordering system - all manual labor **This includes inventory, I hope you know how to tally and use a calculator to count 25K + worth of inventory) and much much more.
You work alone for most of your career if you're in a Tier 3 center, which means opening and closing the store alone.
Payroll is getting cut more and more as the company tries to become profitable. They're undercutting themselves from the bottom up. The less payroll in the centers, the less customers we can get through our doors, they can't continue to expect people to run themselves ragged to only be beat up by upper management because one of the 50 metrics we follow are behind.
There is no such thing as training anymore, we get no extra payroll to ensure a Team Member is trained effectively before dumping them onto the sales floor to give poor customer service. It takes up to a year to get someone trained on all of the equipment and procedures but by then they're ready to quit.
No one can have time off because every single store is short staffed. There is no help to be given so managers are forced to work off the clock or work overtime that will affect their stores controllable profit. Salaried managers are working more than 60 hours per week in most cases.
I have received very little recognition from upper management. The store I have recently taken over was failing previous to my arrival. Since I have been there it's been a complete 360. We're now in our 7th month in a row above our sales plan yet I've heard nothing.
On a number of occasions I have heard our HR Generalist say "If you don't like working here, then don't let the door hit you on the way out" they aren't here to help anyone but the legal team!
Advice to Senior Management – Stop strangling yourselves by taking away Payroll from OPS.
Re-visit the open door policy with DM's
PSP is supposed to mean People Service Profit.... You are not treating your people very well and that's the first part!
No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company – less
daily procedure
Independent Contract Driver (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 17, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no benefits
I come in and do my morning paper work. Then i upload my stops on my scanner and load my boxes into my van. I get to my route in a safe and timely matter and deliver to businesses and residences throughout the day until I'm done.
Productive and fun place to work
Driver, Supervisor (Current Employee), Cranbury, NJNovember 17, 2014
Very fun work environment. Opportunity for growth is absolutely there for the taking. I see many productive days mixed with laughs and a comfortable working environment. I look forward to work more times than not with this company. Benefits, salary, and work environment all suffice.
Job Work/LIfe Balance
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee), Keasbey, NJNovember 17, 2014
Pros: the raises
Cons: wanting longer hours
Assiting the supervisor with the helping out the coworkers.

1 2 3 4 5

About FedEx

FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete – Read more