FedEx
6,025 reviews

FedEx Employer Reviews

Hard work and stay busy
Package Handler (Former Employee), Henderson, CONovember 24, 2014
A typical day at this job was tiring all the time with little amount of hours with a lot of work that needs to be done in little time. Didn't learn a lot there already knew how to load trucks and how to sort didn't product on making sure that they were going in there right destination. Management was everywhere some were nice people and some seem to – more... favor more than others. Co-workers the same some friendly and some were rude. The hardest part was loading and keeping the belt clear and stacking the boxes right for they wont come crashing down. There wasn't enjoyable part of this job it was just not for me. – less
Demanding Package Loader
Part-Time Package Handler (Former Employee), North Salt Lake, UTNovember 24, 2014
Everyday was constant work, stress, and meeting a lot of goals. I learned how to work under pressure and keep cool in those tough moments.
Very fast paced
Package Handler (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 24, 2014
Pros: great way to advance
Cons: 3rd shift, lots of heavy lifting
A typical day was unloaded trucks non stop for 5 hrs, I learned about the in's and out's of high volume shipping management was not really visible, my co workers were ok to work with the hardest part of the job was the 3rd shift and the best part of the job was the short hrs.
productive and fun work place
Package handler (Current Employee), council bluffs IowaNovember 24, 2014
Operate independently by focusing on our independent networks to meet distinct customer needs.
Excellent place to work
Center Consultant (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCNovember 24, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: hardly get lunch breaks
Fun fast place to work and great way to advance in a work place.
It was hard work, but i worked with nice people so it made it enjoyable.
Cargo Handler (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 24, 2014
Pros: good peaple to work with, and over all an easy job.
Cons: not enough hours, and no employee to customer contact.
I enjoyed working at FedEx, However I missed the employee to customer interaction. I liked the people i worked with and the job wasn't to hard all you did was scan boxes and load trailers. Management for my team wasn't so great, they didn't stay on top of anything. I learned how to pack boxes into a trailer to gain full capacity.
Inbound
Inbound Dock Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Chester, VANovember 23, 2014
Pros: great advancement opportunities, pay raises, supervisors.
Cons: hours are a bit extreme. bad work/life balance.
Amazing place to work. Great pay. Inbound works at extreme hours. Besides that, supervisors, benefits and everything else is great.
Its all what you make it
PM Sort (Current Employee), NCNovember 23, 2014
Pros: plenty of hours during peak, hours allow those who want to work through college or have another job a decent part time paycheck
Cons: need more full time opportunities.
Room for advancement if you want it.
Dont get caught up in the grumblers. There are some at every job.
Anyone who focuses on their own job and gets it done and goes home will have a great time.

Easy, just load-unload-scan stack and be done with it!

Sweaty in the summer..chilly in the winter..but it's good work.
Nice Coworkers Great Benefits!
Package Handler (Current Employee), Aurora, CONovember 23, 2014
Great workplace i love my coworkers! Fast paste environment, productive!
Great place to work and learn new things.
Operator/Driver (Current Employee), Annapolis Junction, MDNovember 22, 2014
A typical day at work offers a new learning experience with every handling unit that I move. Making as much freight fit into a trailer as possible while making sure that the weight does not exceed capacity of the trailer. I tend to work well with management. I try to perform any task asked of me to the best of my ability and I am not afraid to ask for – more... help when it’s needed. I maintain a good work relationship with all of my coworkers. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the cold weather even when bundled up. – less
Hard but fun.
Package Handler (Former Employee), Fort Worth TxNovember 22, 2014
Pros: great people and a family atmosphire
Cons: night hours where hard for me.
The work was very productive and fast. You had no time not to work. Because pakeges had to get to the trucks on time. I would split the packages to the belts while my team unloaded and scanned packages. It was a very focus goal oriented. Every one had an important job to do.
Great place to work if you want to stay busy.
sorter (Former Employee), Lewisberry, PANovember 22, 2014
Pros: pay, healthcare
Cons: long hours, very hard work
Long hours with only one break though out the night. Hard work along with some heavy lifting.
Very fun and nice staff
Grounds Package Handler (Former Employee), 51st ave and lower buckeyeNovember 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches, good jobs from my staff
Cons: no healthcare services or dental benefits
i learned that work is not always just work, it can be a family and fun environment also!! it just depends how you look at things, i look at work not just as a job but something i love to wake up and do!! u always enjoyed waking up and saying hello to the manager and any staff at fedex when i was a package handler!! i got everything that i had to do – more... daily done and sometimes i would be treated out to eat or just a good job was good enough for me, seeing my workers happy and me happy is a great feeling and thats how i want to feel at any place of work!! i know its a job but we must all work and stick together to make things happen!! – less
if you like to work hard
Material Handler (Former Employee), Newark, NJNovember 21, 2014
Cons: health benefits
A typical day at work is full of hand to hand hard work.
I've learned to work at a fast past.
co-workers are fun to enter act with.
The hardest part of the job is trying not to sweat.
Productive and fun place to work.
Package Handler (Former Employee), Ellenwood, GANovember 21, 2014
• Responsible for the physical loading of packages by hand.
• Carrying and placing packages, in a safe and efficient manner.
• Sorting packages for delivery by operating heavy machinery such as forklifts, trucks, and hydraulic conveyor belt.
Effecient management
Package Handler (Part-Time) (Current Employee), Lenexa, KSNovember 21, 2014
Management absolutely made sure that workers stayed on task and moved people to different locations on the docks as necessary
Great pay /bad management
forklift operator/driver apprentice (Current Employee), Chicago Heights, ILNovember 20, 2014
Pros: pay /growth within
Cons: terrible management/treated according to your position
I would love to stay with company..but the lines of communication in management is terrible. The dock supervisors are ridiculously rude and disrespectful. The instructors for the apprentice program are incapable of dealing with new and fresh driver without frustration.
productive
Senior Operations Manager (Former Employee), washington dcNovember 20, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: people
Come to work ready to get a job done. the people were cool the packages were many.
Productive, and a good part time work.
Package Handler (Former Employee), Beltsville, MDNovember 20, 2014
Pros: good part time work.
Cons: working grave yard shift can be challenging.
Come in and stretch before work, and when we're ready we wait until the packages come thru the belt, and we scan the packages and load the packages in to the trucks, according to how the drivers like for us to load them. I enjoyed this type of work but except the pay and the hours that we work. Because this part time job is a Grave yard shift, we have – more... to sleep during the day. and the pay wasn't as good, also because I was working part time. – less
FedEx Express North Side one of the worst places I've ever worked.
Courier (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 20, 2014
Pros: monthly cookouts, day one benefits for full time employee. weekly pay.
Cons: management
Where do I begin. I applied at FedEx Express because the pays seemed okay for the work and I figured that with me previous delivery experience, this would be a good fit for me. Man was I wrong.

For the first month I was employed, for 2 to 4 hrs a day, I would unload freight onto a conveyor belt to be sorted. I had asked a manager why I was doing this – more... since I was hired on to be a courier. He explained that Fedex policy stated that I would first have to go to defensive driver class and courier class before I would be allowed to run a route. I was like okay, shouldn't I be riding with someone to learn the job. So I road with one driver on 3 different occasions before going to class.

The training classes by far were the only perk to this job. It was the first and only time i got a 40 hour paycheck. They give me $1,800 to cover rental car, food and hotel which was nice. And whatever you didn't use, had to be paid back. FedEx made all of the arrangement so all you had to do what go pick up your rental car and go to the hotel. The trainers were great. They explained how everything "should" work. The trainer did tell us to try an make it 6 months and it should be easier. That didn't happen for me.

Now back to reality. My first day back from class, I was given a FedEx backpack with a map book, sun glass and a lanyard. I was told by one manager to forget what you learned in training because it doesn't work here. I was shocked that FedEx Express did not use GPS in there trucks and that they only went off of maps. I had told management during my interview that I would have difficulty with the residential part of the job and I've never read a map to save my life. Management highly discouraged using GPS. Some of the new drivers used an app called Route4me to help with finding addresses. I was told by the area manager that I should go out on my own personal time and learn the route. I told her that unless FedEx was paying me, I wasn't going to go out on my own to learn the route. That is the day that everything went south. Because I was new and full time, I was compared to other full time people who had been there for 5 years and longer. I was told my management that it should only take two weeks to learn a route. FedEx Express is all about time and the monitor it to the second. Anytime I had trouble, A manager would ride with me to see what I was doing wrong. I never got any feed back during the ride a long, he would just document was I was doing. It got to a point where the area manager asked me to her office and she me to demote myself to part time and work nights. I told her no and management just make it harder to be successful from that point on.

I knew that I was being singled out to be fired. The first sign of this is when I got wrote up and suspended for 3 days for leaving a van running with no keys in the ignition. This can happen if the ignition is stripped out. So I started to investigate this on my own. I found at least 10 vehicles that had this issue. So i filed a grievance against the write up since I had proof. So they was this works at FedEx Express is that once a grievance is files, all of the management at that location get a copy of the grievance and then within a week or two, a conference call would take place because an HR rep, management and you. This never happened because I was fired before the call took place and per FedEx Policy, if there are any grievances filed, they are removed and no longer looked into by HR.

So a brief incite on management at this location. So If you didn't do what they wanted, when they wanted and devote your life to them you were then looked at as an outcast. The area manager and one of the other managers there had there favorites and once you have fallen from there grace, you were never helped again. I was told by one of the office staff that when I had a family member pass as was given a week off to deal with it, it wasn't them being nice, it was because they had too many hours logged. Same thing for when I go suspended.

All in all, until something happens to the area manager there and other managers at this location, this place will always have a high turn over rate.

If you are going to work for FedEx Express in Oklahoma, Try to get on at the South Side location. Avoid the North Side location at all cost. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About FedEx

FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete – Read more